Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735532 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 2:53pm On May 25, 2019
I agree with you. He must have used a corporate bank account i.e. company bank account. Using a corporate bank account usually requires a separately written reference letter from the bank to confirm ownership.

Denials of such could seem flimsy but know that the visa issuing authorities always strictly follow their rules.
hayohorje:
The reference letter from the bank is only applicable and mandatory if you are using a company corporate account. The bank must confirm the signatory to the account. For more info you can check the checklist on Vfs website because this particular information is contained therein.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stevekinton: 3:03pm On May 25, 2019
Hello house, please which hospital can i do my radiological test on the island [Lagos State]. Very urgent pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 3:03pm On May 25, 2019
sirgigs:

Bros, there is nothing like reference bank letter on Vfs website

They did not state it but in most cases they work with the reference letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 3:28pm On May 25, 2019
hayohorje:
Did you lodge a huge sum of money into your account prior to submission of your application. If so then that suggest the reason why they ticked account not credible. It once happened to me and I had to leave the money in the account for like 2 months before reapplying and I was granted the 2nd time.
I have a case similar to yours....I think I lodged that funds from my mutual funds investment one week before I applied for the visa.

the second reason was insufficient funds, but I had about 1.4m in the account which would have been more than enough for the trip . It was for a 10 days visit.
Please, I want to find out the following?

1. Did you appeal the decision? Or you just re-applied ?
2. How much balance were you having in the account?
3. How long did you wait before you re-applied?
4. On the form, where they asked if I have been refused entry into South Africa before, would my answer be Yes or No?( does denial of visa=refusal of entry?)

I wanted to appeal but seeing your write up is making me have a re-think(to wait a while and re-apply).

Please, what do you suggest?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaoye15(m): 7:17pm On May 25, 2019
Hi guys, where do I get rand to buy in Nigeria, Abuja precisely? I need it for my travel next week wednesday. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:59pm On May 25, 2019
olaoye15:
Hi guys, where do I get rand to buy in Nigeria, Abuja precisely? I need it for my travel next week wednesday. Thanks

I can only speak about Lagos. You can buy at MMIA, same day you're travelling. Just get to the airport earlier.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 8:33pm On May 25, 2019
lordwilliem:

Momentum....

How do one go about?

Write to Nikita (You will see his email on their poster). Explain to him and he will ask you to provide your denied visa as a proof for your claim. Then refund form will be sent to you to fill, and in less than one week you will be refunded.

I got his email address: Nikita.Balram@momentum.co.za
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaoye15(m): 8:43pm On May 25, 2019
TYPOP:

I can only speak about Lagos. You can buy at MMIA, same day you're travelling. Just get to the airport earlier.

Thank you chief.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 5:10am On May 26, 2019
Demilade1:

Write to Nikita (You will see his email on their poster). Explain to him and he will ask you to provide your denied visa as a proof for your claim. Then refund form will be sent to you to fill, and in less than one week you will be refunded.

hey bro, I did study visa for someone last year which got denied, can I still get a refund on the momentum which expired March this year ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2019
ZubyDee:
hey bro, I did study visa for someone last year which got denied, can I still get a refund on the momentum which expired March this year ?

Whao! That's really late.

I'm not sure. But it's worth giving it a shot.

What have you got to lose? If they give you, fine. If they don't, well you tried. So I'd say give it a shot.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 12:27pm On May 26, 2019
ZubyDee:

Yea! Write to Nikita. Explain in details what happened. Be ready to provide the person's denied visa and a proof (passport) that he/she has not been in SA since the denial.
You will be refunded.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shex202(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2019
Ok thanks bro

Sage7:

Your plan to book for two nights should be fine.

You must have nothing less than 300-500 dollars at hand. If you don’t have, they won’t check you in until you buy at MMA.

A guy was begging because he had just 200 dollars for 5 days with cash in MasterCard though he booked his hotel already.

I don’t know when they started this level of scrutiny but be prepared.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2019
ZubyDee:
You can't get refund after expiration of medical aid .Expired march already hence no refund
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by albertbosun(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2019
I reapplied for a VISIT VISA on the 6th of May scheduled for July & I also met a brother who was equally applying for a VISIT VISA that same date.

The brother later contacted me to notify me he had gotten his result since 23rd of May. Which is just a span of 17days. I was amazed, this is fast. Though, he was denied the VISA on the ground that he was not registered for the event he intends to attend. I don't know how that came about anyway.

But till now, I'm still yet to get my own result.
Pls, what is actually causing this varieties in getting the feedbacks & results, why do some get faster than others?

THANK YOU
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 7:46am On May 27, 2019
Demilade1:

Thanks bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 7:46am On May 27, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 7:50am On May 27, 2019
Mimicle101:

Did you also had a sponsor and is his bank statement attached

It was my personal account I used with 1.5M.though I am thinking of adding a sponsor account to my but if I appeal with that I don't know how long it will take.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 7:51am On May 27, 2019
Mimicle101:

Oky thanks bro.

If u can maybe u should.

Am stil on the waiting list

My brother the whole thing tire me. My fear is how long it will take again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 7:59am On May 27, 2019
Mimicle101:

My brother having read ur write up I dont know how I feel. Is very sad. After almost 4 months of waiting now these? And oky as if that's not enough the money u spent in all that.

Is really so heartbreaking.

Oky I dont know what to advice in these instances that you reapply with same documentations or suddenly creat a new one and reapply?

I am patiently waiting cos hopefully next week maybe there should be something cos that would make it 13 to 14 weeks.

I only pray for divine favour cos it seem they are intentionally doing some funny things

Meanwhile am really sorry for the disappointments.

Thank you my brother. Really frustrating. Resumption for semester 1 was March and I missed it, I was supposed to now resume semester 2 which is July but if I reapply or appeal and I don't know how long again this will take.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hayohorje: 12:09pm On May 27, 2019
1.I re-applied
2.I had about 600k in my account. N. B it was a visit visa and that was last year
3. I waited for 2 months and some weeks
4. I ticked yes,and I stated that I was denied a visit visa. I remember I had issues then whether to tick yes or no,but I remember asking the question here but I already submitted before I got the answer.
cucumbar:
I have a case similar to yours....I think I lodged that funds from my mutual funds investment one week before I applied for the visa.

the second reason was insufficient funds, but I had about 1.4m in the account which would have been more than enough for the trip . It was for a 10 days visit.
Please, I want to find out the following?

1. Did you appeal the decision? Or you just re-applied ?
2. How much balance were you having in the account?
3. How long did you wait before you re-applied?
4. On the form, where they asked if I have been refused entry into South Africa before, would my answer be Yes or No?( does denial of visa=refusal of entry?)

I wanted to appeal but seeing your write up is making me have a re-think(to wait a while and re-apply).

Please, what do you suggest?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oludharey1: 2:02pm On May 27, 2019
Thank you all for your contributions, am a silent reader here I got my passport today.
Passport submitted -27th of April 2019
Received-23rd of May 2019(3weeks and 6days)
Status-visa granted
No call

I really appreciate you guys, I did everything myself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geminita: 2:08pm On May 27, 2019
Thank you all for your contributions, am a silent reader here I got my passport today.
Status-visa granted
No call

Is it a visit visa??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oludharey1: 2:52pm On May 27, 2019
Yes visit visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 3:34pm On May 27, 2019
What is a reference letter from the bank I’m regards to a company bank statement.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 3:44pm On May 27, 2019
Geminita:
Status-visa granted
No call

Is it a visit visa??
27th of April is Saturday.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oludharey1: 4:40pm On May 27, 2019
26th of April sorry
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geminita: 5:27pm On May 27, 2019
At oludharey please what document did you submit, I mean bank statement how much did you have on it and did you apply for VIP
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2019
Oludharey1:
Status-visa granted
No call

I really appreciate you guys, I did everything myself.

Congratulations to the silent reader smiley. Time to help others out.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ijobaorun(m): 8:01pm On May 27, 2019
hayohorje:
1.I re-applied
2.I had about 600k in my account. N. B it was a visit visa and that was last year
3. I waited for 2 months and some weeks
4. I ticked yes,and I stated that I was denied a visit visa. I remember I had issues then whether to tick yes or no,but I remember asking the question here but I already submitted before I got the answer.

It's not advisable to appeal SA visa once you are denied. The best thing is to re apply for new one.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ijobaorun(m): 8:06pm On May 27, 2019
Just an info, it might be useful for someone.

If you are applying as a married person, you need to attach marriage certificate sealed or stamped from Abuja. That's the new rule now. Else, you will not be allowed to submit.
A friend's wife was rejected submission today because of it. She's applying for a study Visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cashdosh(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2019
Ijobaorun:
Just an info, it might be useful for someone.

If you are applying as a married person, you need to attach marriage certificate sealed or stamped from Abuja. That's the new rule now. Else, you will not be allowed to submit.
A friend's wife was rejected submission today because of it. She's applying for a study Visa.

This was recently enacted! Not applicable to visit visa applicants

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: hunee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.