Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735478 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 27, 2019
Oludharey1:
Thank you all for your contributions, am a silent reader here I got my passport today.
Passport submitted -27th of April 2019
Received-23rd of May 2019(3weeks and 6days)
Status-visa granted
No call

I really appreciate you guys, I did everything myself.

Pls sir, how did you get it so fast
I have to be in SA latest next month
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 10:32pm On May 27, 2019
Hello house, pls I need urgent advice as I have between now and Thursday to decide on what to do.

With my present situation of visa denial on the basis of
1.) Insufficient funds
2.) Bank statement lacks credibility

And I was told to write to them within 10days.

1.) Do I appeal or reapply?
2.) What is the minimum amount one can have in his account for study visa with tuition free program?

I look forward to your kind response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olikeze1: 11:37pm On May 27, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am about to start my study visa application for undergraduate studies but I have some questions:

1. Can I use a sponsor who is just a friend and not family ?
2. Do I have to pay school fees or any other fees before admission and visa approval ?

Please help !
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:14am On May 28, 2019
Olikeze1:
Hi Guys,

I am about to start my study visa application for undergraduate studies but I have some questions:

1. Can I use a sponsor who is just a friend and not family ?
2. Do I have to pay school fees or any other fees before admission and visa approval ?

Please help !

For undergraduate studies, are you sure you can still start the study this year? It may be too late to register for Undergraduate studies IMO.
1. Yes you can, as long as the person writes a letter of support and it is convincing to the officer that will read it that it is not a scam.
2. Pay fees before admission - usually NO. Before visa approval - not necessarily. But note the following:

i) Some institutions may require you to make payments before they finalize your admission, especially if it is not one of the main Universities.
ii) If you are able to make some payment before the visa application, it's good. It is however not compulsory.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 1:59am On May 28, 2019
Who's in Cape Town?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anvicola: 4:37am On May 28, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anvicola: 5:27am On May 28, 2019
paulavon:

What you require is to certify photocopies of your Bachelor's degree certificate, Transcript and Data page of your international passport at any high court. You need to fill the application online at the SAQA website, download the consent form and application form. You fill those two forms. You proceed to pay the SAQA fee with your card, I was charged around N39,500. A confirmation receipt will be sent to your email, you need to print it out, it is your proof of payment.

You later send the following documents through courier to the SAQA office in South Africa;
1. Certified copy of your BSC certificate
2. Certified copy of your transcript
3. certified copy of your international passport data page
4. consent form
5. Application form
6. proof of payment
7. A copy of your CV

I sent my documents to SAQA around April 20th and just last week Friday I got a mail that my Evaluation is ready. i hope to receive it this week. I wish you all the best.

Bros how about documents to be submitted for critical skill . I mean am I to evaluate my o level and first degree? Or my first degree only?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olikeze1: 7:47am On May 28, 2019
Is SAQA needed for undergraduate studies ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:14am On May 28, 2019
What’s he earliest time to apply for a tourist visa? Can I apply, say 3 months before I intend traveling?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olikeze1: 11:20am On May 28, 2019
Olikeze1:
Is SAQA needed for undergraduate studies ?

Pls help gurus
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anfieldboss: 11:42am On May 28, 2019
Olikeze1:

Pls help gurus

No. I think HESA does evaluation for O/Level results.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by depoty22: 12:39pm On May 28, 2019
Here are the documents needed for Critical skill.

Offer Of employment and Contract Of Employment.

A written undertaking by the employer accepting responsibility for the costs related to the deportation of the applicant and his or her dependent family members, should it become necessary (Where there is no employer: proof of sufficient financial means to the value of a minimum of R3 000 in the form of three months bank statements)

A written undertaking by the employer to ensure that the passport of his or her employee is valid at all times for the duration of his or her employment (Where there is no employer: A written undertaking by the applicant to ensure that the passport of the applicant shall be valid at all times for the duration of his or her temporary visa)

Proof that the applicant falls within the critical skills category by specifically indicating the occupation/critical skill for which the application is being made. The occupation/critical skill must be on the Critical Skills list.

proof of evaluation of the foreign qualification by SAQA and translated by a sworn translator into one of the official languages of the Republic.
If required by law, proof of application for a certificate of registration with the professional body, council or board recognised by South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) in terms of section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act;

a confirmation, in writing, from the professional body, council or board recognised by SAQA in terms of section 13(1)(0 of the National Qualifications Framework Act, or any relevant government Department confirming the skills or qualifications of the applicant and appropriate post qualification experience, (if not attached, VFS official to check Directive 22 of 2014)

Anvicola:

Bros how about documents to be submitted for critical skill . I mean am I to evaluate my o level and first degree? Or my first degree only?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 28, 2019
Ironman15:

Pls sir, how did you get it so fast
I have to be in SA latest next month

Pls help a brother

A friend of mine is in south Africa (female). So she want me to come over to SA and stay... I'm still processing my passport but if want to know that ...
1.what type of visa do I have to apply for?
2.Is SA now safe for Nigerians(cos i heard of the issue of xenophobic attack some months back)
3.I intend living in SA as a footballer or I further my education there
4.What are the criteria for living in SA

Pls help shed more lights to this questions.. I wouldn't mind if someone can link me up with an agent (not scammers) to make my trip faster... She wants me to come before july

Note:She also moved to SA not quite long but she have relatives there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2019
cucumbar:
What’s he earliest time to apply for a tourist visa? Can I apply, say 3 months before I intend traveling?

If you have the documents you need, 3 months ahead is not a bad idea. It doesn't mean they will treat it faster, it simply means you have a better chance of getting your visa before your intended departure date.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:45pm On May 28, 2019
Ironman15:
Pls help a brother

A friend of mine is in south Africa (female). So she want me to come over to SA and stay... I'm still processing my passport but if want to know that ...
2.Is SA now safe for Nigerians(cos i heard of the issue of xenophobic attack some months back)

Pls help shed more lights to this questions.. I wouldn't mind if someone can link me up with an agent (not scammers) to make my trip faster... She wants me to come before july

a. When you are planning relocation, especially a total relocation as in your case, it is important not to rush. The moment you begin to rush, you open up yourself for errors and the possibility of being scammed.
b. You can process whatever document you need yourself without the help of any agent.

Now, to answer your questions:

There are different visas you can apply for. Relative visa (if you have a relative in SA), Study permit (if you have admission in any institution), work visa (this enables you to get work and be paid). Please, I know a lot of people enter SA with visitor's permit and then go on to declare for Aduro (Asylum). I have never been in support of this and will never advise anyone to do it.

If you are even thinking if SA is safe or not, why are you considering relocation there? Fortune favours the bold my brother. Since your friend is in SA, ask her about safety/security so you get opinion of someone you know directly that is also in the country.

This means Study permit or work permit is your best bet. To get study permit, you need an admission from an institution.

The same criteria for living anywhere in the world. You need to be able to make a decent living for yourself and a place to lay your heads on at night.

I hope these help.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 4:55pm On May 28, 2019
lordwilliem:
Hello house, pls I need urgent advice as I have between now and Thursday to decide on what to do.

With my present situation of visa denial on the basis of
1.) Insufficient funds
2.) Bank statement lacks credibility

And I was told to write to them within 10days.

1.) Do I appeal or reapply?
2.) What is the minimum amount one can have in his account for study visa with tuition free program?

I look forward to your kind response.

Hello house pls I need an advice on this?

If I have to appeal, do I need any documents in addition to the appeal letter?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hotice1954: 6:31pm On May 28, 2019
lordwilliem:

Don’t appeal. Just reapply. Appealing takes longer time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2019
lordwilliem:

you can re apply . for study permit at least 1m or use sponsor account provided he or she writes a letter to support your application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:43pm On May 28, 2019
Ironman15:

Pls help a brother

With humility and respect to you sir . You don't need agent but common analysis of your plans . 1. what permit are u coming with ? Any journey with visitor visa is not the best you can't change status . 3. What will u be doing to survive ? To play soccer is good but do you have a club already ? Please learn a skill that is what will bring food on your table . Don't depend on a woman
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olikeze1: 6:48pm On May 28, 2019
Please my good people of Nairaland,

Has anyone applied for undergraduate studies recently ? As all the information about study visas seem to be for post- graduate and masters programs. I want to know if HASA evaluation of my WAEC/NECO is compulsory ? Or can I go ahead and apply to the universities with my certified result ?

Please help gurus in the house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shygunXs(m): 8:22pm On May 28, 2019
cucumbar:

Got mine in 5weeks. Gone and returned to Naija.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shygunXs(m): 8:45pm On May 28, 2019
ebose09:

Pls how did u go Bta...which banks debit card works over there or is it that i must carry cash and how is the weather

Whao! Just seeing this. I changed money at Departures... There were BDCs...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 28, 2019
TYPOP:

a. When you are planning relocation, especially a total relocation as in your case, it is important not to rush. The moment you begin to rush, you open up yourself for errors and the possibility of being scammed.
b. You can process whatever document you need yourself without the help of any agent.

I told her it will take upto 3months to come over

Now, to answer your questions:

There are different visas you can apply for. Relative visa (if you have a relative in SA), Study permit (if you have admission in any institution), work visa (this enables you to get work and be paid). Please, I know a lot of people enter SA with visitor's permit and then go on to declare for Aduro (Asylum). I have never been in support of this and will never advise anyone to do it.

The work visa will be okay.. But sir i havent got any job there for now... Probably when i get there i'll find one.. Or i enroll in a football club or academy there.
Can i still apply for the work visa

If you are even thinking if SA is safe or not, why are you considering relocation there? Fortune favours the bold my brother. Since your friend is in SA, ask her about safety/security so you get opinion of someone you know directly that is also in the country.

She stays in capetown, i heard that place is safer and violent free

This means Study permit or work permit is your best bet. To get study permit, you need an admission from an institution.

I never apply for any institution for now.. Hopefully when i get there i will

The same criteria for living anywhere in the world. You need to be able to make a decent living for yourself and a place to lay your heads on at night.

I mean financial status.. Cos i heard of people saying if you have insufficient funds you'll be denied visa
I hope these help.

Thanks very much sir I really appreciate.. Pls help me with the above
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:20am On May 29, 2019
samtol4:

Welcome back my brother. Good to read from you again. wink

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:23am On May 29, 2019
Olikeze1:
Please my good people of Nairaland,

Has anyone applied for undergraduate studies recently ? As all the information about study visas seem to be for post- graduate and masters programs. I want to know if HASA evaluation of my WAEC/NECO is compulsory ? Or can I go ahead and apply to the universities with my certified result ?

Please help gurus in the house.

It depends on your institution my brother. Some institutions already know WAEC/NECO so they can process your result with it. However, I'll strongly advise you do your HESA evaluation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 5:32am On May 29, 2019
Ironman15:

I told her it will take upto 3months to come over

The work visa will be okay.. But sir i havent got any job there for now... Probably when i get there i'll find one.. Or i enroll in a football club or academy there.
Can i still apply for the work visa

She stays in capetown, i heard that place is safer and violent free

I never apply for any institution for now.. Hopefully when i get there i will

I mean financial status.. Cos i heard of people saying if you have insufficient funds you'll be denied visa

Thanks very much sir I really appreciate.. Pls help me with the above

It's good you told her it will take up to 3 months. Please note that it WILL take much more than 3 months if you intend to plan well. If you want to apply for work visa, you need an offer of employment before you can apply for it in Nigeria. That in itself will take some time. However, if you are thinking of coming in before applying for a job, then you can't get a work visa from Nigeria. That means you may want to think of entering SA with visitor's visa and then getting a job. [b]The problem with this is that you can't change your visitor's visa into a work visa while you are in SA. [/b]You'll have to leave SA first and then apply for work visa. I won't advise this.

I'm glad she's told you about Cape Town's security. Cool.

The same thing that applies to jobs applies to institutions. Get your admission first, then apply for study permit. Not visitor's visa first, then admission.

It is true, if the amount you have is too small, visa will be denied. The amount you need in your account depends on the type of visa you are applying for. However, you can always get a sponsor to write a letter for you and they give you their account statement. Anything above 1M is usually good for short term visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Syinkus: 7:43am On May 29, 2019
House please is south Africa high commission in Abuja not working anymore study permit not yet given since 11 weeks ago.
TYPOP:

It's good you told her it will take up to 3 months. Please note that it WILL take much more than 3 months if you intend to plan well. If you want to apply for work visa, you need an offer of employment before you can apply for it in Nigeria. That in itself will take som

The same thing that applies to jobs applies to institutions. Get your admission first, then apply for study permit. Not visitor's visa first, then admission.

It is true, if the amount you have is too small, visa will be denied. The amount you need in your account depends on the type of visa you are applying for. However, you can always get a sponsor to write a letter for you and they give you their account statement. Anything above 1M is usually good for short term visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:38am On May 29, 2019
TYPOP:

It's good you told her it will take up to 3 months. Please note that it WILL take much more than 3 months if you intend to plan well. If you want to apply for work visa, you need an offer of employment before you can apply for it in Nigeria. That in itself will take some time. However, if you are thinking of coming in before applying for a job, then you can't get a work visa from Nigeria. That means you may want to think of entering SA with visitor's visa and then getting a job. [b]The problem with this is that you can't change your visitor's visa into a work visa while you are in SA. [/b]You'll have to leave SA first and then apply for work visa. I won't advise this.

I'm glad she's told you about Cape Town's security. Cool.

Thanks very much sir.. But I'm still confused
I have lots of question I want to ask privately... I would appreciate if we can chat privately

I sent you a mail
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 12:51pm On May 29, 2019
So there's nobody in Capetown on this thread. Okay o

[Qquote author=mroyato post=78781231]Who's in Cape Town?[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 3:50pm On May 29, 2019
Syinkus:
House please is south Africa high commission in Abuja not working anymore study permit not yet given since 11 weeks ago.

My brother.

I have lost count of mine
Study visa
Submitted 21 February
Nothing till yet. And that is 14 weeks now

I did mailed vfs lagos and they replied saying it's at the SA embassy sole discretion to know when the passport will be ready for collection.

That its stil on process.

Now I ask: how is it that someone's passport could be held for more than 3 good months. Since when did 9ja passport got to these junk status? What if there is other visa in the same passport or a need arrives where one urgently need there passport.

Does these happen in other part of the world? Holding an international traveling document for that long
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2019
Mimicle101:

My brother.

I have lost count of mine
Study visa
Submitted 21 February
Nothing till yet. And that is 14 weeks now

I did mailed vfs lagos and they replied saying it's at the SA embassy sole discretion to know when the passport will be ready for collection.

That its stil on process.

Now I ask: how is it that someone's passport could be held for more than 3 good months. Since when did 9ja passport got to these junk status? What if there is other visa in the same passport or a need arrives where one urgently need there passport.

Does these happen in other part of the world? Holding an international traveling document for that long

Mt broda this one is nonsense o

This is 2 long nah
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 4:13pm On May 29, 2019
andrew444:

Mt broda this one is nonsense o

This is 2 long nah

My brother our patience level done already finish.

We just de look now

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.