Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (538) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727434 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 4:19pm On May 29, 2019
Mimicle101:

My brother our patience level done already finish.

We just de look now

If to say na tourist i would have advised you to get back your passport
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 4:21pm On May 29, 2019
andrew444:

If to say na tourist i would have advised you to get back your passport

That's the thing I cant even afford to retrieve my passport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 4:44pm On May 29, 2019
My wife and daughter submitted their visit visa application since March, and this is the 10th week. Pls does anyone got info about what’s going on in Abuja ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 4:47pm On May 29, 2019
Mimicle101:

That's the thing I cant even afford to retrieve my passport.

it doesn’t make sense you’ve waited 3 months already to now do withdrawal of application. But this people sha, this delay doesn’t make sense.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 5:31pm On May 29, 2019
ZubyDee:
it doesn’t make sense you’ve waited 3 months already to now do withdrawal of application. But this people sha, this delay doesn’t make sense.

U are very right. Doing that means they have won these fight and I lost.
So never! Make dem hold am na dem go tire
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 8:41pm On May 29, 2019
Mine will be four months by next week.l am tired of this delay.Application under assessment for four months.l don't know why it is taking long.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2019
Ironman15:

Thanks very much sir.. But I'm still confused
I have lots of question I want to ask privately... I would appreciate if we can chat privately

I sent you a mail

I'll love to help my brother. The good thing is, so is everyone on this thread that has one info or the other.

Also, the questions you ask will benefit other readers.

Hence, let's discuss here my brother. If I'm unable to help, other gurus in here will surely assist.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 10:46pm On May 29, 2019
timaji2003:
Mine will be four months by next week.l am tired of this delay.Application under assessment for four months.l don't know why it is taking long.
Damn. is this tourist visa and where did you submit ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 6:49am On May 30, 2019
ZubyDee:
Damn. is this tourist visa and where did you submit ?

Study visa at Abuja.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MissOlawumi(f): 8:25am On May 30, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emperoh(m): 10:27am On May 30, 2019
MissOlawumi:
Greetings everyone. Please can anyone teach me on how to cancel our application. My husband and I applied April 15 as we planned to tour Capetown for our honeymoon btw May 19 and 26. He was called May 17 and was asked all sorts of questions, we knew it was late because our traditional wedding was that day. We couldn't make other plans because our passports was wt them. As it is we don't want the visa again as it's already useless, can they please return so we can move on to better things with our lives.

GO to VFS and drop an application for them to withdraw your passport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:30am On May 30, 2019
TYPOP:

I'll love to help my brother. The good thing is, so is everyone on this thread that has one info or the other.

Also, the questions you ask will benefit other readers.

Hence, let's discuss here my brother. If I'm unable to help, other gurus in here will surely assist.

Cheers.

Okay sir, the issue is that I want to leave Nigeria for SA... I don't know the type of visa to apply for

I haven't gotten any job in SA but I intended on doing an online course in SA and I can work part time

Or you have any idea of European countries that thier visa is easy to get here in Nigeria... And the cost of living is not very high
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MissOlawumi(f): 10:36am On May 30, 2019
Emperoh:

GO to VFS and drop an application for them to withdraw your passport.

Thank you very much.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 11:09am On May 30, 2019
Hello Everyone..

Please who knows a phone number or email address of anybody at the SA High Commission.

This is really becoming embarrassing because its better this people tell us they are not giving out visa's anymore let people know there stand.

My fiancee's visa has been denied for the second time. I am here on critical skills visa since October. Sent her all the required docs she that was requested on her first application. She was denied on the ground that my offer letter was not attached.

She submitted another application on 3rd of may with my Employment Letter and all my Payslips certified from the SAP (SA Police). She received it this morning and it was denied again that "Host should submit critical skills work visa with endorsement of the company assigned to". I got my critical skills by myself before i got my job. Whoever did this

What type of rubbish is that one We submitted 6 months Payslip/ 6 months Bank Statement / My Contract Letter all certified.

I dont want to go into details how pissed I am at the moment. How much money and time has been spent on this. Not to talk stamps on her passport. My tax here can pay 2 people here comfortably so i dont see why someone wont do his job well.

That's it... I am done with this country. They should eat there visa.

Planning my way out already. Anyone looking for Critical Skills.. Focus the energy on other countries please Canada/Australia. This guys are becoming something else. My Candid advise. I am sure a xenophobic black handled this because the whites dont have problems here contrary to other opinions..

I still need an Email address/Phone number.. Whoever has should buzz me privately and share. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 12:18pm On May 30, 2019
slickruler:
Hello Everyone..

Please who knows a phone number or email address of anybody at the SA High Commission.

This is really becoming embarrassing because its better this people tell us they are not giving out visa's anymore let people know there stand.

My fiancee's visa has been denied for the second time. I am here on critical skills visa since October. Sent her all the required docs she that was requested on her first application. She was denied on the ground that my offer letter was not attached.

She submitted another application on 3rd of may with my Employment Letter and all my Payslips certified from the SAP (SA Police). She received it this morning and it was denied again that "Host should submit critical skills work visa with endorsement of the company assigned to". I got my critical skills by myself before i got my job. Whoever did this

What type of rubbish is that one We submitted 6 months Payslip/ 6 months Bank Statement / My Contract Letter all certified.

I dont want to go into details how pissed I am at the moment. How much money and time has been spent on this. Not to talk stamps on her passport. My tax here can pay 2 people here comfortably so i dont see why someone wont do his job well.

Planning my way out already. Anyone looking for Critical Skills.. Focus the energy on other countries please Canada/Australia. This guys are becoming something else. My Candid advise. I am sure a xenophobic black handled this because the whites dont have problems here contrary to other opinions..

I still need an Email address/Phone number.. Whoever has should buzz me privately and share. Thanks
sorry about the denial bro, I’ve been in your shoes and know how sad and frustrating this can be. Was the submission in Abuja or Lagos ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 12:20pm On May 30, 2019
Lagos Bro

ZubyDee:
sorry about the denial bro, I’ve been in your shoes and know how sad and frustrating this can be. Was the submission in Abuja or Lagos ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 1:32pm On May 30, 2019
slickruler:
Hello Everyone..

Is the same thing we have been complaining here about.

But I think if they dont want Nigerias going to there country they should say it.

I have observed that it's a long term visa that they always do these. But they can say it boldly that they dont want Nigerians applying for long term visa to Sa. Atleast we will know.

They cant be frustrating people and making people to wast there hard earned money apply when they cant grant the visa.

I believe Nigeria dont even take a month to grant visa to them into Nigeria.

I only blam our leaders in Nigeria. No one even speaks for us. I can bet you if it where in Sa am sure they would have been marching and blocking the road in protest against these.

Yes I very well understand visa is a privilege and not a right. But I still believe people should be treated with respect and dignity. These is emotional, time and financial abuse.

You can imagin someone traveling all the way from eastern part of Nigeria just to submit application and later is denied.

I just hope one day someone can speak for us.

Meanwhile are there no human right in Nigeria who can look into these matter.

Because they should start refunding payments to the last kobo for every visa denied
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 2:04pm On May 30, 2019
Mimicle101:

Is the same thing we have been complaining here about.

But I think if they dont want Nigerias going to there country they should say it.

I have observed that it's a long term visa that they always do these. But they can say it boldly that they dont want Nigerians applying for long term visa to Sa. Atleast we will know.

They cant be frustrating people and making people to wast there hard earned money apply when they cant grant the visa.

I believe Nigeria dont even take a month to grant visa to them into Nigeria.

I only blam our leaders in Nigeria. No one even speaks for us. I can bet you if it where in Sa am sure they would have been marching and blocking the road in protest against these.

Yes I very well understand visa is a privilege and not a right. But I still believe people should be treated with respect and dignity. These is emotional, time and financial abuse.

You can imagin someone traveling all the way from eastern part of Nigeria just to submit application and later is denied.

I just hope one day someone can speak for us.

Meanwhile are there no human right in Nigeria who can look into these matter.

Because they should start refunding payments to the last kobo for every visa denied

It is no longer news that they don’t want Nigerians there anymore.

I met a guy at O.R Tambo Joburg, he said he came in 5days ago and was detained in their cell. They retrieved his PR for reasons he doesn’t understand. He got a lawyer for 2000 rands, eventually fined in court for 10000rands, booked a ticket back for 5000rands. He did not wash his body for 5 solid days.

The most touching is the number of Nigerians he met at the cell. He said these Nigerians are willing to come back but they want them to pay 10000 rands before release. There are some people who booked return flight for deportation more than twice & were still kept hostage making them miss their flight because of certain issues ranging from fines, inconclusive court decisions etc.

He begged for perfume to be sprayed on him because he was oozing which I had to give him.

It is getting worse, even our consulate over their don’t assist in circumstances of relevance.

They are ready to reduce, likewise USA, the number of Nigerians in their territory. Some Nigerians have battered our image and it is skin deep.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 2:24pm On May 30, 2019
Sage7:

I met a guy at O.R Tambo Joburg, he said he came in 5days ago and was detained in their cell. They retrieved his PR for reasons he doesn’t understand. He got a lawyer for 2000 rands, eventually fined in court for 10000rands, booked a ticket back for 5000rands. He did not wash his body for 5 solid days.

The most touching is the number of Nigerians he met at the cell. He said these Nigerians are willing to come back but they want them to pay 10000 rands before release. There are some people who booked return flight for deportation more than twice & were still kept hostage making them miss their flight because of certain issues ranging from fines, inconclusive court decisions etc.

He begged for perfume to be sprayed on him because he was oozing which I had to give him.

It is getting worse, even our consulate over their don’t assist in circumstances of relevance.

They are ready to reduce, likewise USA, the number of Nigerians in their territory. Some Nigerians have battered our image and it is skin deep.

Yes that is very correct our image has been greatly damaged. And now is affecting worse the good.

But in all these our government has to look for any means to remedy and restore Nigerian image. It's really sad and hard being a Nigerian now especially when you are a law abiding individual.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mysterdema(m): 4:37pm On May 30, 2019
Hello house, I applied for student visa on March 8, 2019 and I got my visa on 23 May 2019, 10 weeks and 4 days. For everyone waiting for student visa, I suggest that you write to your schools and explain in detail to them, also take time to visit the VFS and ask for information if necessary.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mysterdema(m): 4:40pm On May 30, 2019
Mimicle101:

My brother.

I have lost count of mine
Study visa
Submitted 21 February
Nothing till yet. And that is 14 weeks now

I did mailed vfs lagos and they replied saying it's at the SA embassy sole discretion to know when the passport will be ready for collection.

That its stil on process.

Now I ask: how is it that someone's passport could be held for more than 3 good months. Since when did 9ja passport got to these junk status? What if there is other visa in the same passport or a need arrives where one urgently need there passport.

Does these happen in other part of the world? Holding an international traveling document for that long

Write to the school, please. Let them know.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 4:50pm On May 30, 2019
samtol4:
you can re apply . for study permit at least 1m or use sponsor account provided he or she writes a letter to support your application

Okay, thanks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 5:20pm On May 30, 2019
Mysterdema:

Write to the school, please. Loet them know.

Congratulations my brother.

The school said there is another Registration for Jun or July (dont remember so much) the last time I spoke with them. Said the vfs are very aware of the procedure that it wouldn't be a problem.

So will stil be able to resume study.

And I also did mailed vfs and they said its soley at the embassy discretion to know when the passport will be ready that once it is ready we will be notified.

So we are just watching
And what study u going for post or under etc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 5:56pm On May 30, 2019
I Am fear Submit to my Relatives Visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 6:04pm On May 30, 2019
Good to know. Is it January or July intake? Which category, undergraduate or postgraduate? Thanks.
Mysterdema:
Hello house, I applied for student visa on March 8, 2019 and I got my visa on 23 May 2019, 10 weeks and 4 days. For everyone waiting for student visa, I suggest that you write to your schools and explain in detail to them, also take time to visit the VFS and ask for information if necessary.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 7:14pm On May 30, 2019
This is really SAD and shocking to hear. Very very discouraging. Nigerians here are not helping matters at all. Now i see this was done intentionally because you cant be asking for stupid things when i provided you with Company Pay slips for 6 months stamped by your own Police. Well.. Na to start plan how to commot here sharply

Sage7:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 9:05pm On May 30, 2019
Sage7:

embarassed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 9:20pm On May 30, 2019
nyce55:
something like that once happened to me last year at OR Tambo airport , when I approached the immigration officer in the counter I gave him my passport and he checked and saw my relative spouse visa, he came out of the box and took me to a location and asked for a bribe. When I refused he started questioning me how did I obtain the visa and took me to one room where they keep people they will deport, before I was later cleared and allowed in. But what I understand is they are trying to reduce the number of Nigerians going into their country.

Matter of fact, I was asked for a bribe too. I clearly told him even if I had something to give, my currencies are in high denominations. He said to give him $100.

I muttered;” You will kill me first because you ain’t getting zilch from me”.

E go better.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2019
slickruler:
This is really SAD and shocking to hear. Very very discouraging. Nigerians here are not helping matters at all. Now i see this was done intentionally because you cant be asking for stupid things when i provided you with Company Pay slips for 6 months stamped by your own Police. Well.. Na to start plan how to commot here sharply

Bro, if you have nothing of importance to do in Naija, avoid Naija or SA immigration.

That’s not to say some people aren’t having it easy tho’.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 9:25pm On May 30, 2019
Mimicle101:

Yes that is very correct our image has been greatly damaged. And now is affecting worse the good.

But in all these our government has to look for any means to remedy and restore Nigerian image. It's really sad and hard being a Nigerian now especially when you are a law abiding individual.

I tell you.

There is hope.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cdokoh(m): 9:49pm On May 30, 2019
Thanks a lot
dollarathe:

reservation and paid through hotelbeds

(1) (2) (3) ... (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Glowee93

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.