Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,370 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735276 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 7:36am On May 31, 2019
Guys how do I check my mail here.
I see some guys sent me mails but I dont know how to access it. Please help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by depoty22: 9:09am On May 31, 2019
Check the email used to open your nairaland account, You will see the message.

Mimicle101:
Guys how do I check my mail here.
I see some guys sent me mails but I dont know how to access it. Please help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Syinkus: 9:37am On May 31, 2019
Did u write your school before they process yours ?
Mysterdema:
Hello house, I applied for student visa on March 8, 2019 and I got my visa on 23 May 2019, 10 weeks and 4 days. For everyone waiting for student visa, I suggest that you write to your schools and explain in detail to them, also take time to visit the VFS and ask for information if necessary.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:41am On May 31, 2019
Please allow me to be the devil's advocate and proffer some words about SA not wanting Nigerians in their country, hence long visa processing times.

1. Ask yourself, which country wants Nigerians in them? Really? Our brothers have given us a bad image all over the world. And the government is not helping matters. In this regard, don't blame the other countries, blame i) our brothers and sisters that have soiled our image and ii) our government who make our people want to leave in droves.

2. The longer processing times may not be fully intentional as you think. The embassy staff have a lot of responsibilities. Issuing visas is not the only responsibility. Unfortunately, as things are so hard in present day Nigeria, there are much more people looking for visas out of Nigeria than in the past 6 years. As such, the embassies (not just SA) are overwhelmed. This will surely lead to a much longer processing time.

3. Because of the volume of application to be dealt with, it will not be difficult for an officer to deny visa based on the flimsiest of reasons. This was not the case 6 years ago when they could even call you to resubmit some documents.

4. Ask yourself this question: The time I went to submit my document, how many of us were there? How long will it take the officers in the office to check all our documents, verify them and attend to all of us. Now, multiply that by that same number of people going to the embassy EVERYDAY!

Does all these mean I condone the SA Embassies for the delays, NO. I'm just saying, look at the flip side.

Peace.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:43am On May 31, 2019
Ironman15:

Okay sir, the issue is that I want to leave Nigeria for SA... I don't know the type of visa to apply for

I haven't gotten any job in SA but I intended on doing an online course in SA and I can work part time

Or you have any idea of European countries that thier visa is easy to get here in Nigeria... And the cost of living is not very high

My brother, I'll be lying if I said I know what you should do.

Guys, please help a brother here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by emmanuelae: 9:52am On May 31, 2019
Mimicle101:

Bro Mine is 14 weeks now study .. how can we contact u

I have same issue on my study permit application, mine is 15 weeks now. I applied through VFS-Abuja.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Syinkus: 10:10am On May 31, 2019
Have u contacted ur school in SA quote author=emmanuelae post=78885450]

I have same issue on my study permit application, mine is 15 weeks now. I applied through VFS-Abuja.[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 10:10am On May 31, 2019
emmanuelae:

I have same issue on my study permit application, mine is 15 weeks now. I applied through VFS-Abuja.

Is really bad.
Are u going for post or under. And when were u supposed to resume
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 11:09am On May 31, 2019
Mine is 16 weeks...study visa.. vfs abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 4:47pm On May 31, 2019
Family let me share with us!

I just got a mail, SMS from vfs that the passport is ready.

We will be collecting it by next week.

Study loading by his grace

I pray it will end in praise.

Study visa
14 weeks
Lagos

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 5:00pm On May 31, 2019
Mimicle101:

Study visa
14 weeks
Lagos
All the best bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 5:01pm On May 31, 2019
ZubyDee:
All the best bro.

Thank you my bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 5:34pm On May 31, 2019
Oh finally. Your waiting is over. I pray your sister gets it.
Mimicle101:

Thank you my bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 5:44pm On May 31, 2019
Mimicle101:

Study visa
14 weeks
Lagos

Praise thy lord

It has already end in praise bro

I am wishing you the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 5:49pm On May 31, 2019
Viquetohr:
Oh finally. Your waiting is over. I pray your sister gets it.

Thank you my bro.

She was soo happy and excited when she got the SMS.

.... I had to tell her we stil hve to keep on hoping for the best... till Monday.

Now Monday feels like another 14 weeks now.
My heart de hot self.

I just want to see my sis in school as soon as possible

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 5:50pm On May 31, 2019
andrew444:

Praise thy lord

It has already end in praise bro

I am wishing you the best.

Andrew. Amen and Amen.

I believe

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 10:00pm On May 31, 2019
@slickruler, sorry about your ordeal. What kind of visa is she applying for? Have you converted your critical skills visa to PR? If it helps, if you guys have a legal proof of your relationship things could be better. I think the pressure is intense on d embassy these days..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rockachic: 5:19am On Jun 01, 2019
I had a similar case, I had to call the VFS office and I was advised to get a reference letter from my bank confirming I am the sole signatory. So this is true
Sage7:

They did not state it but in most cases they work with the reference letter.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Family please let me ask these in advance.

Would my sis require to hold some BTA.
If her visa is granted. Study visa

Would she need to hold any thing.

I know for a visit they require the reservation / accompanied proof.

But in her case there was no hotel things as she would be staying in our residence over here.

Would she need to hold the sponsor later or proof of residence that was submitted during the application.

Please I need some understanding
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mimicle101:

But in her case there was no hotel things as she would be staying in our residence over here.

Would she need to hold the sponsor later or proof of residence that was submitted during the application.

Boss are you in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
ayomide8990:

Boss are you in SA

Yes I am
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mimicle101:

Yes I am
Boss,i have a Uncle who live in johannesburg,gauteng,i am planning to come with Relative Visa of Two years.i am to Submit my Passport on Monday.
Boss,Can I study with the Relative Visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
ayomide8990:
Boss,i have a Uncle who live in johannesburg,gauteng,i am planning to come with Relative Visa of Two years.i am to Submit my Passport on Monday.

Oky though I dont have much informations. But from what I understand you can not study with a relative visa. You will need to change it to study if am not mistaken

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mimicle101:

If it is a virgin passport, it's better to hold BTA.

Also, please give her a letter that indicates that she will be staying in your residence. If possible, also send her a Proof of Residence (Utility Bill should do). Let her print them and also have your phone number handy as they may call you to confirm. Please stay on your phone around the time she will land as the immigration officials do call in some cases.

Oh, and BTW, let her also print her admission letter. It's not necessary, but you won't know which immigration official will be on duty so better safe than sorry.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:41pm On Jun 01, 2019
ayomide8990:
Mimicle101:
Oky though I dont have much informations. But from what I understand you can not study with a relative visa. You will need to change it to study if am not mistaken

You cannot study/work/open bank account/do anything with a relative permit. The only thing you have access to is medical services.

Spouses and children have the possibility to convert to Visitor's Visa with work option while in the Republic. Every other person cannot change their visa type in the Republic and have to return home to change their visa type.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2019
TYPOP:

Welcome back my brother. Good to read from you again. wink
am fine bros
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Amolad111: 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
Good evening wonderful people here. I have been a silent reader and want to appreciate everyone's contributions.

I want to know if its possible to make payment for the Visa fee before going for submission at VFS. Or the payment must be made on the submission date?

Also, can the application be done now when the proposed date is 19th September considering the delay in the process.

Thank you all in anticipation of your responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: hunee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.