Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732339 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peejayolapeju15(f): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2020
Good evening house , If I want to apply for tourist visa, can I use my mom bank statement, I.e sponsor , instead of using my personal account
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2020
Peejayolapeju15:
Good evening house , If I want to apply for tourist visa, can I use my mom bank statement, I.e sponsor , instead of using my personal account

Unless you are a minor, you are strongly advised to use your own account.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
When will vfs going to open for service
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peejayolapeju15(f): 8:39am On Jun 11, 2020
Geenosko:

Unless you are a minor, you are strongly advised to use your own account.
Thank you, please how much is the minimum amount that should be in the account ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2020
Peejayolapeju15:

Thank you, please how much is the minimum amount that should be in the account ?

Safe limit one million. Don't do lump sum deposits. Build it up over time.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peejayolapeju15(f): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2020
Geenosko:

Safe limit one million. Don't do lump sum deposits. Build it up over time.
Can I use just 3 months bank statement instead of 6 months
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2020
Peejayolapeju15:

If they request for six months
Please give them six months
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Peejayolapeju15(f): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2020
Geenosko:

If they request for six months
Please give them six months
The problem is that I just started building my account in May and I want to apply by August, I don’t want them to deny me because of my bank statement, please what can I do ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Stewart883(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2020
Peejayolapeju15:

The problem is that I just started building my account in May and I want to apply by August, I don’t want them to deny me because of my bank statement, please what can I do ?

Can I join you to South Africa wink wink
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sirrotex: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
I doubt if you application would be successful. SA says they are not opening their boarder to tourist until February next year.
Peejayolapeju15:

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2020
Peejayolapeju15:

Wait till you build it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
sirrotex:
I doubt if you application would be successful. SA says they are not opening their boarder to tourist until February next year.

Source??

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2020
Geenosko:

Source??

Yes it is real..for tourists, it is February next year
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oridon43: 2:11am On Jun 12, 2020
tataiwo09:

Yes it is real..for tourists, it is February next year

Who can help me with SAQA evaluation certificate in South Africa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 5:15am On Jun 12, 2020
Peejayolapeju15:

it depends where you want to submit your Visa application... It's 3 months bank statement in Lagos State while it's 6 months bank statement in Abuja .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by anduai: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2020
I can help! Do u have your Transcript with u?

Who can help me with SAQA evaluation certificate in South Africa [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TadeDetule: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
Is this still valid till date please.
muhaogunlo:

1. True
2. Yes there are
3. Accommodation ranges from 30K to 80K per month, depending on location and whether it is shared or not. And you pay monthly not yearly.
4. Yes you can work as a teaching assistant or part-time lecturer, depending on the opportunities in your field of study.
5. Yes, it's very easy to get study visa for PhD, so long as you have all the required documents.
6. It depends on your destination in SA and on airline, ranging from 120K to 180K, it fluctuates, you may even get cheaper flights if you book way before your travel date.
7. Lots of academic opportunities for PhD holders in SA, it depends on what you mean by academic opportunities.
8. Salient factors - don't live more than your means, watch the company you keep in SA and be focused on your work, most importantly - God factor.
9. It depends on your lifestyle, but food ain't expensive in SA, the last time I checked. Public transport is also very cheap.
10. SAQA ranges from 2 weeks to 3 months or more, depending on when your school verifies your documents. Yes you need your WAEC or NECO, including scratch card that they will use to check your result online, it's a new requirement.
11. SAQA will send your document to your school for verification after which they will issue you a SAQA certificate.
12. Usually you will need to send to both but different universities have different requirements.

Be prayerful, hopeful and optimistic, and it will make more sense if you can confirm if your supervisor has funding for postgraduate students, it will make you have a very soft landing but there are scholarship opportunities as well, though competitive for foreigners but it's not impossible to get, depending on your field of study.

NB: I stand to be corrected on any above if anyone has any recent info about any of the questions, please share.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 6:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Please guys where can I do radiological and medical report in Johannesburg and how much it will cost me. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ashiwaju11(m): 10:41am On Jun 14, 2020
nyce55:
Please guys where can I do radiological and medical report in Johannesburg and how much it will cost me. Thanks

Hi, try Lister Xrays.
Contact them before visiting for prices and operating times.

ADDRESS
5th Floor Lister Building
195 Rahima Moosa Street
Johannesburg

PHONE
011-337-6060

WHATSAPP
065-977-4533
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oridon43: 4:06am On Jun 15, 2020
Yes I have it. I will send you mail now

quote author=anduai post=90582398]I can help! Do u have your Transcript with u?

Who can help me with SAQA evaluation certificate in South Africa [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukaku95: 6:10am On Jun 15, 2020
Please how much does it cost to get an international passport ??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TadeDetule: 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
Please I wish to ask about Phd by research in Animal Science please at KwaZulu Natal. Please if you have an information kindly share with me please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
TadeDetule:
Please I wish to ask about Phd by research in Animal Science please at KwaZulu Natal. Please if you have an information kindly share with me please.

Go to the school's website
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TadeDetule: 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2020
Well I have been there. What I am asking is to get an information from anyone currently schooling there and possibly doing the same course. Thank you.
Geenosko:

Go to the school's website
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tataiwo09(m): 8:50pm On Jun 17, 2020
TadeDetule:

The process is straightforward:

1: ukzn will not consider you for admission without SAQA result. Hence, apply for SAQA
2. Prepare a short research proposal
3. Reach out to lecturers to know their availability for phd supervision. Send the proposal and your resume to them individually.
4. Once you got one positive response, apply ASAP and expect admission within few weeks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elgorethi: 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
I have an offer.

Once VFS is back to operations, i am willing to apply for a SA Visitors visa with any random person (preferably a female though and must not be older than 34years old).

Person must be willing to pay my visa fee. No other hidden fees or charges, just visa fee ONLY.

Holla if interested.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TadeDetule: 1:15am On Jun 18, 2020
Thank you so much for the insight
tataiwo09:

The process is straightforward:

1: ukzn will not consider you for admission without SAQA result. Hence, apply for SAQA
2. Prepare a short research proposal
3. Reach out to lecturers to know their availability for phd supervision. Send the proposal and your resume to them individually.
4. Once you got one positive response, apply ASAP and expect admission within few weeks

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lokoloko84(m): 6:37am On Jun 19, 2020
femiaction:
Critical skill work permit is for graduates under Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).You can apply for undergraduate study in SA if you have money to pay. But postgraduate study in some universities in SA are free ( Masters and PhD by research are free tuition fee)
Guy,can you help me with a list of universities in South Africa, offering masters degree program for free.
I am a pharmacist, currently working in Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2020
lokoloko84:
Guy,can you help me with a list of universities in South Africa, offering masters degree program for free.
I am a pharmacist, currently working in Nigeria.

Not practical sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.