Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734341 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claraola: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2020
Hello gurus
It's possible for me to change Visitor Visa to Spousal Visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lokoloko84(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2020
Geenosko:

Not practical sir
okay
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Evidenx(m): 2:43am On Jun 22, 2020
Claraola:
Hello gurus
NO!!! YOU CAN'T CHANGE FROM ONE VISA STATUS TO ANOTHER, THEY HAVE STOPPED IT FOR LONG.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claraola: 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Evidenx:
NO!!! YOU CAN'T CHANGE FROM ONE VISA STATUS TO ANOTHER, THEY HAVE STOPPED IT FOR LONG.
Okay Thanks for your reply I Appreciate � God bless you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elgorethi: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
That's not true. Tourist visa can be changed to some certain permits while in SA

Evidenx:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 10:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
Claraola:
Hello gurus

Yes so long as the spouse is a permanent resident or SA Citizen.

If the spouse is on a TRV, it ain't possible.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 8:07am On Jun 23, 2020
Stop lying or deceiving him. It’s not possible. You do realize you need a valid permit to push in for change of status? Only way out is through marriage. Being a Nigerian is going to be difficult for you. We caused it.

Geenosko:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 8:08am On Jun 23, 2020
I’d advise go back to Nigeria. And apply through studies. It’s very easy to change status via student permit to any other category of permit.

ololo12:
Stop lying or deceiving him. It’s not possible. You do realize you need a valid permit to push in for change of status? Only way out is through marriage. Being a Nigerian is going to be difficult for you. We caused it.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 8:12am On Jun 23, 2020
Don’t let those dubious permit agent to deceive you, by saying they would put a fake permit on your passport, and apply for you. Folks at Home Affairs know that’s what these dubious permit agent do, and when they find out. It’s 5 years ban for you and immediate arrest and deportation from the country. You’ll be sent to Nimdela by immigration services. To be forewarned, is to be forearmed.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 11:09am On Jun 23, 2020
ololo12:

Apparently reading and comprehension is a very big challenge for you. Didn't you read where I wrote that the spouse must be a citizen or permanent resident? Did the person say he was in status or out of status?

Let me educate since you want to be deliberately ignorant.

Under SA immigration law, visitors visa is under section 11(1) this category of visa can only change to section 11(6) which is spousal visa (married to an SA citizen or permanent resident.

Ideally, the person should have a valid visa but where this isn't the case, an immigration lawyer can file for a letter of good cause. There are absolutely no guarantees on the outcome but if it's successful, the person can submit an application for consideration.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ololo12: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2020
You must be blind as a bat. Where in my post did I mention you? Oga facefront Biko!

Geenosko:

Apparently reading and comprehension is a very big challenge for you. Didn't you read where I wrote that the spouse must be a citizen or permanent resident? Did the person say he was in status or out of status?

He/she asked a general question to which I correctly answered and you are mentioning me spewing trash.
Be guided please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claraola: 5:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
Geenosko:

The spouse is SA citizen.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claraola: 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good evening everyone, thanks to those who replied my question, please and please I don't want us to be insulting each other.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2020
Claraola:

The spouse is SA citizen.

If you have a valid visa, you can get married at home affairs then file for change of status.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claraola: 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Geenosko:

If you have a valid visa, you can get married at home affairs then file for change of status.
Okay thanks sir are you in SA ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moyingurl: 9:15am On Jun 24, 2020
Good morning guys, I received an email message from saqa that my application was received and the next step is verification. Pls how do I go about that?

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Evidenx(m): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2020
elgorethi:
That's not true. Tourist visa can be changed to some certain permits while in SA

true on special conditions. generally it doesn't happen. but d person asked if it is possible to change from visit visa to spousal visa which is NOT POSSIBLE.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Evidenx(m): 10:27am On Jun 24, 2020
Claraola:

Okay Thanks for your reply I Appreciate � God bless you
AMEN,YOU WELCOME.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2020
There has been a lot of back and forth about whether a visitor can change status to a spousal visa while still in SA.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is Constitutional Court's Judgement in South Africa affirming that this is permissible.

https://www.concourt.org.za/index.php/judgement/325-nandutu-and-others-v-minister-of-home-affairs-and-others-cct114-18-28-june-2019

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-08-08-concourt-judgment-on-spousal-visas-will-help-keep-families-together/amp/

Read both articles line by line.

For those who can't read, the only change of status allowed for people who are on a valid visitors visa in SA is to change to spousal visa

Peace.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fazbuk(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
Please, Can I use my Original Statement of Result for SAQA evaluation? My Certificate is not available yet.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:47pm On Jun 24, 2020
fazbuk:
Please, Can I use my Original Statement of Result for SAQA evaluation? My Certificate is not available yet.

Nope. Certificate + transcript is compulsory.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2020
Moyingurl:
Good morning guys, I received an email message from saqa that my application was received and the next step is verification. Pls how do I go about that?

Thanks
. You are not expected to do anything ,they only inform you of the process . Your school will be contacted to verify your certificates
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
Geenosko:

Nope. Certificate + transcript is compulsory.
. In some cases , Notification / statements of results can be accepted
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moyingurl: 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2020
samtol4:
. You are not expected to do anything ,they only inform you of the process . Your school will be contacted to verify your certificates

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Good evening all. Please who has an idea when the Nigerian embassy in Johannesburg will be opened to receiving passport applications again?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claraola: 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2020
Geenosko:
There has been a lot of back and forth about whether a visitor can change status to a spousal visa while still in SA.

For the avoidance of doubt, this is Constitutional Court's Judgement in South Africa affirming that this is permissible.

https://www.concourt.org.za/index.php/judgement/325-nandutu-and-others-v-minister-of-home-affairs-and-others-cct114-18-28-june-2019

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-08-08-concourt-judgment-on-spousal-visas-will-help-keep-families-together/amp/

Read both articles line by line.

For those who can't read, the only change of status allowed for people who are on a valid visitors visa in SA is to change to spousal visa

Peace.
Thanks for this bro check your mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.