Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Modern Issues And Modern Women. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Modern Issues And Modern Women. (2202 Views)

8 Differences Between Old School And Modern days Love / REVEALED: Mystery Of The Waist Beads And Modern Sexuality / What Do Modern Women Want In A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 11:30pm On May 22, 2012
I’m curious about a few things,-

No1 why are Nigerian men afraid of intimacy gadgets and the women that use them? Is it your lack of understanding or are you afraid of being outshined by a machine?

Does it belittle your confidence knowing she can always get it better by herself?

Will you use one with your girl?

No2 how do you feel about a woman that smokes pot.

Do you see it as unladylike?

For those that like to ‘indulge’ in such- what do you think of women that do?

Do you feel it’s unattractive?

Do you have the same views for women as you do men about weed?

Will you jam with your girl and smoke?

I’m just curious, if a group of men can enjoy getting high then why can’t women?

Thirdly, will you date a girl that significantly out earns you?

Will you feel threatened by a woman with her own house, car, and housemaids?
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by slimyem: 11:39pm On May 22, 2012
....too many questions all at once...
Why not just split it into two or three threads?
#just saying#
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Killz1(m): 11:44pm On May 22, 2012
***Looks Around*** Am i in an examination hall?
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by slimyem: 11:49pm On May 22, 2012
^lmao
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by khukhi(f): 11:57pm On May 22, 2012
Well I smoke pot with my b.f and I know other people who do too. I know he doesn't think any less of me because of that . Although sometimes I do feel bad cause he stays with his cousins and I feel like they must think I'm something else even though we all get high together...

Either way I do it cause I keep it real and I feel he should know the real me not some fake who does all sorts of crazy things at the corners .
undecided .

1 Like

Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 12:08am On May 23, 2012
queensmith: I’m curious about a few things,-

No1 why are Nigerian men afraid of intimacy gadgets and the women that use them? Is it your lack of understanding or are you afraid of being outshined by a machine?
Won't mind even if she uses a heineken bottle as a dildò. Not a problem
Does it belittle your confidence knowing she can always get it better by herself?
Not at all
Happily

I feel hòrny

Who cares?
They are women still
No
Yes
That's real love

I’m just curious, if a group of men can enjoy getting high then why can’t women?
Do you love getting high?

I don't date, but I wouldn't mind.

I don't feel threatened by women, regardless of their status

Now you can continue with your dildò
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 1:33am On May 23, 2012
Men, pls get in here.
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 1:42am On May 23, 2012
grin @ J12
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 1:42am On May 23, 2012
Is shymmex allowed to post?
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 1:45am On May 23, 2012
shymmex: Is shymmex allowed to post?
Of course.
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 2:00am On May 23, 2012

Why are you obsessed with generalization when it comes to Nigerian men?? You need to grow up, and understand that Nigerian men (which includes Yoruba men) are the most diverse men in the world.. We don't have a sheep mentality.. People are different! cool

Back to the question: I prefer women who use intimacy gadgets because it makes their pum easier to penetrate for a guy like me who's on the big size (not bragging, just a free guy). It's annoying when your girl complains about feeling pains every time you try penetrating the bottomless pit.

It depends on the guy, toys can NEVER be better than the real thing - just as using condoms can never be as good as doing it raw IMHO.. If a guy knows how to make a girl climax, and squirt - toys can never outdo him...

Nah, that's g/ay!! I have got fingers, a tongue, and the bigman in the boxers - I don't need some g/ay toy, or some girl trying to get close to my bum lol.

I'm a social pot smoker (but a regular cigarette smoker), and won't mind a girl who also smokes - as long as she doesn't look crackish, but the smoking has to stop once children get involved.

It only becomes unattractive when her lips are as black as her bum, she looks crackish, or she looks high and incoherent all the time.

I don't mind a girl who out-earns me, that's preferable to me because I don't really have to spend my money on her.. She's got her own, she can always buy herself whatever she wants - and I'll do the same for myself.. Girls like that are attractive - not some bummy chic that's going to keep asking like I'm her private bank account.. I admire feminists and independent women. cool
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by KevinII(m): 3:38am On May 23, 2012
khukhi: Well I smoke pot with my b.f and I know other people who do too. I know he doesn't think any less of me because of that . Although sometimes I do feel bad cause he stays with his cousins and I feel like they must think I'm something else even though we all get high together...

Either way I do it cause I keep it real and I feel he should know the real me not some fake who does all sorts of crazy things at the corners .
undecided .

shocked shocked shocked shocked no wonder your eyes dey shine like torchlight grin grin grin grin grin abeg no come my room again. pot smell for my house? lai lai
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by tpia5: 4:12am On May 23, 2012
if a man smokes pot i dont see why he should have any issues with his girlfriend or wife doing the same.

and vice versa.
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Mynd44: 6:26am On May 23, 2012
If a man smokes Pot, the girlfriend should smoke Kettle
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 6:38am On May 23, 2012

No real, noble, honorable man can condone all that u mentioned...so I cannot!!!! Can only consider the income part cos I will sure out-earn her with little time!
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by TisaBone: 6:53am On May 23, 2012
smoking killer (as we call it in my neck of the woods) is not unattractive, but I wouldn't want to be around someone who did. i used to smoke and drink, but i quit (long before i became a christian.) i'd be way too tempted to hit the blunt. lol. so why put myself in a tempting situation like that? in fact, i actually refused a weekend trip to kings island because i knew they were gonna be smoking and drinking on the way. in a way i felt bad for refusing on those grounds, because i didn't want to make them feel like lepers, but i have to do what i have to do....
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Riskymallam: 8:40am On May 23, 2012
Killz.:

***Looks Around*** Am i in an examination hall?

obviously grin
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by khukhi(f): 8:41am On May 23, 2012
Kevin_II:

shocked shocked shocked shocked no wonder your eyes dey shine like torchlight grin grin grin grin grin abeg no come my room again. pot smell for my house? lai lai

grin oh so you're using this against me already ...undecided
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 9:26am On May 23, 2012
khukhi: Well I smoke pot with my b.f and I know other people who do too. I know he doesn't think any less of me because of that . Although sometimes I do feel bad cause he stays with his cousins and I feel like they must think I'm something else even though we all get high together...

undecided .

and you live in naija?

A guy actually told me it's dem sexy, that he cannot date a girl that doesn't!
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 9:27am On May 23, 2012
J12:

Do you love getting high?
LOL
Actually I don't-doesn't make a difference to me.
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 9:31am On May 23, 2012
shymmex:

Why are you obsessed with generalization when it comes to Nigerian men?? You need to grow up, and understand that Nigerian men (which includes Yoruba men) are the most diverse men in the world.. We don't have a sheep mentality.. People are different! cool

Back to the question: I prefer women who use intimacy gadgets because it makes their pum easier to penetrate for a guy like me who's on the big size (not bragging, just a free guy). It's annoying when your girl complains about feeling pains every time you try penetrating the bottomless pit.

How can I be obsessed with my own culture? I'm just trying to get a feel of different views geese and gander and all.

shymmex:
I'm a social pot smoker (but a regular cigarette smoker), and won't mind a girl who also smokes - as long as she doesn't look crackish, but the smoking has to stop once children get involved.
It only becomes unattractive when her lips are as black as her bum, she looks crackish, or she looks high and incoherent all the time.

makes sense-
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 9:34am On May 23, 2012
tpia@:
if a man smokes pot i dont see why he should have any issues with his girlfriend or wife doing the same.

and vice versa.

You say that but we all know how double standards run,

TisaBone: smoking killer (as we call it in my neck of the woods) is not unattractive, but I wouldn't want to be around someone who did. i used to smoke and drink, but i quit (long before i became a christian.) i'd be way too tempted to hit the blunt. lol. so why put myself in a tempting situation like that? in fact, i actually refused a weekend trip to kings island because i knew they were gonna be smoking and drinking on the way. in a way i felt bad for refusing on those grounds, because i didn't want to make them feel like lepers, but i have to do what i have to do....

I totally understand you, drinking by yourself is no fun so I don't particularly like hanging with someone that doesnt. At the same time one has to be able to maintain his principles without having to bow to pressure. It's soo hard being a grown up! lol
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Mynd44: 9:48am On May 23, 2012
This thread was meant to show we guys as sexists
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 9:52am On May 23, 2012
Mynd_44: This thread was meant to show we guys as sexists

no not at all, most of the concepts are pretty new to me as well. I was just trying to figure out what a typical Nigerian will feel about it :p
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by lumideezle(m): 11:24am On May 23, 2012
Call me Old fashioned, Old sch, bla bla bla but I CANNOT marry a gal the smokes Pot what kind of children wld we raise, of cuz I wld b 2 glad 2 bleep her 4 a while max 3mths buh take her seriously ?? No way except I see a sincere desire 2 change and become a real woman and mother.

Abt the intimacy gadgets I just think its being 2 sexually demanding if mr kasali is nt good enuf 4 u sorry BTW Uncle kasali is 6inches and very exprienced in digging affiars lol
I had a gf the significantly earned more than I did once and it was cool till she started misbehaving and disrespecting me and I dumped her rich ass she still begs till 2dy
Its cool if u earn more buh dnt think cuz u earn more I wld allow u trample on my ego. Not gonna happen

1 Like

Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 23, 2012
lumideezle: Call me Old fashioned, Old sch, bla bla bla but I CANNOT marry a gal the smokes Pot what kind of children wld we raise, of cuz I wld b 2 glad 2 bleep her 4 a while max 3mths buh take her seriously ?? No way except I see a sincere desire 2 change and become a real woman and mother.

Abt the intimacy gadgets I just think its being 2 sexually demanding if mr kasali is nt good enuf 4 u sorry BTW Uncle kasali is 6inches and very exprienced in digging affiars lol
I had a gf the significantly earned more than I did once and it was cool till she started misbehaving and disrespecting me and I dumped her rich ass she still begs till 2dy
Its cool if u earn more buh dnt think cuz u earn more I wld allow u trample on my ego. Not gonna happen

Rightly said! I wonder how people come online pretending to condone everything people say or ask just to win everybody's admiration, thats bulshit to me...which honorable, well-to-do man in Nigeria will honestly confess here that he will marry a lady that smokes cigar talkless of marijuana or pot or wotever....guys grow up & stop pretending & deceiving our ladies...simply said, and its not just about religion, but about moral, about status, about image, about integrity, about respect...NO NIGERIAN MAN WHO IS ABLE, HONORABLE, WELL-TO-DO, NOT A TUG, A THIEF, A GANGSTER, AN ARMED ROBBER OR A ROGUE, WILL EVER TAKE A LADY THAT SMOKES POT TO HIS MAMA FOR FAMILY AFFAR OR MARRIAGE! They can deceive the lady by pretending to love her lifestyle just to be sleeping with her & spoiling her the more, but will never value her or take her seriously to the extent of discussing marriage except its by mistake. You can conduct a real life survey on this and not here on Nairaland that u don't even know the age ranges of people replying to your post; whether they are under 20s, or early 20s or lesser....so dear, abstain from smoking anything smokable...u can still enjoy life without smoking. must u adopt every rubbish the western people are doing? don't u guys know that our culture, value & norms are enviable to them? don't u guys know that it was our value for good moral conduct & all that kept our society organized & better than the west in terms of marriage & relationship? it is this copy & paste attitude of our nowadays young people that are causing damages to our today marriages & relationships that they no longer last, they are now mostly based on outward & immaterial things. Sighs....na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 1:44pm On May 23, 2012
DailyNews:

Rightly said! I wonder how people come online pretending to condone everything people say or ask just to win everybody's admiration, thats bulshit to me...which honorable, well-to-do man in Nigeria will honestly confess here that he will marry a lady that smokes cigar talkless of marijuana or pot or wotever....guys grow up & stop pretending & deceiving our ladies...simply said, and its not just about religion, but about moral, about status, about image, about integrity, about respect...NO NIGERIAN MAN WHO IS ABLE, HONORABLE, WELL-TO-DO, NOT A TUG, A THIEF, A GANGSTER, AN ARMED ROBBER OR A ROGUE, WILL EVER TAKE A LADY THAT SMOKES POT TO HIS MAMA FOR FAMILY AFFAR OR MARRIAGE! They can deceive the lady by pretending to love her lifestyle just to be sleeping with her & spoiling her the more, but will never value her or take her seriously to the extent of discussing marriage except its by mistake. You can conduct a real life survey on this and not here on Nairaland that u don't even know the age ranges of people replying to your post; whether they are under 20s, or early 20s or lesser....so dear, abstain from smoking anything smokable...u can still enjoy life without smoking. must u adopt every rubbish the western people are doing? don't u guys know that our culture, value & norms are enviable to them? don't u guys know that it was our value for good moral conduct & all that kept our society organized & better than the west in terms of marriage & relationship? it is this copy & paste attitude of our nowadays young people that are causing damages to our today marriages & relationships that they no longer last, they are now mostly based on outward & immaterial things. Sighs....na wa o!

haha- abstain from anything smokable! I don't actually smoke pot but thats besides the point.

I know back home smoking pot is criminal, people assume women that smoke are prostitutes and men that do weed are thugs. I was just wondering if things have changed significantly. Smoking weed is a social activity, not necessarily a criminal one- nothing like having a cigar and drake in the background.

As to the honorable what not- I know many many many many many rich, successful, well respected married adults in Nigeria that smoke weed, obviously not every day but once in a while when opportunity allows. Just like drinking alcohol.
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by lumideezle(m): 1:52pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

haha- abstain from anything smokable! I don't actually smoke pot but thats besides the point.

I know back home smoking pot is criminal, people assume women that smoke are prostitutes and men that do weed are thugs. I was just wondering if things have changed significantly. Smoking weed is a social activity, not necessarily a criminal one- nothing like having a cigar and drake in the background.

As to the honorable what not- I know many many many many many rich, successful, well respected married adults in Nigeria that smoke weed, obviously not every day but once in a while when opportunity allows. Just like drinking alcohol.

Hmm smoking weed is a social activity indeed, I see that's y its illegal
My advice kindly put out ur pot or kettle or whatever it is that u smoke b4 coming 2 post on NL
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 1:57pm On May 23, 2012
lumideezle:

My advice kindly put out ur pot or kettle or whatever it is that u smoke b4 coming 2 post on NL

I'm not denying the legality of it. I'm just saying it's socially accepted (in western countries anyway) theres even a tourist industry for it.
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 23, 2012
queensmith:

So when u have children tomorrow, the best moral u can teach them is to smoke weed becos some guys or men or ladies that did some irresponsible stuffs to make money smoke weed? so u will teach them that smoking weed is a social life they should adopt huh? and why then has all nations not adopted & legalized rhetoric sale & promotion, & importation/exportation of weed? why are drug police still fighting against it? pls stop preaching this kind of moral on a forum that kids can gain access to cos I know u sure don't take weed nor amoke or even drink heavy alcohol or blinge-drinking...so y have u decided to deceive some gullible-minded people dear? pls desist from this act. change this topis & talk about informative stuffs...tells us about good things happening abroad where u are so we can learn new things to help us positively not this pls. thanks & cheers, peace!
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 23, 2012
lumideezle:

Cute counsel, thumbs up!
Re: Modern Issues And Modern Women. by queensmith: 2:19pm On May 23, 2012
DailyNews:

So when u have children tomorrow, the best moral u can teach them is to smoke weed becos some guys or men or ladies that did some irresponsible stuffs to make money smoke weed? so u will teach them that smoking weed is a social life they should adopt huh? and why then has all nations not adopted & legalized rhetoric sale & promotion, & importation/exportation of weed? why are drug police still fighting against it? pls stop preaching this kind of moral on a forum that kids can gain access to cos I know u sure don't take weed nor amoke or even drink heavy alcohol or blinge-drinking...so y have u decided to deceive some gullible-minded people dear? pls desist from this act. change this topis & talk about informative stuffs...tells us about good things happening abroad where u are so we can learn new things to help us positively not this pls. thanks & cheers, peace!

Its a personal decision really, I don't think someone who smokes weed once in a while is automatically irresponsible. It's the stereotypes and assumptions made, and they are not true. There is alot of controversy surrounding the reasons why hemp is illegal. Hemp is less dangerous than alcohol but you don't see many countries banning that.
I'm not trying to encourage anything, I just want to know what people feel about it you don't need to get your fanny upside down.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girl Suddenly Acts Cold N Doesn't Reply My Chats With Much Interests / Do Girls Like Lone Wolf Silent Achiever Guys Like Uchiha Sasuke In Real Life / Oh Poor 190, Feb 2010.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.