Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months (17653 Views)

Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today / Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 7:25pm On May 24, 2012
Fhemmmy:

well said, but we could try and start to blv little by little and then increase our faith when we see the result.

When it comes to government business and delivery of dividends of democracy, I ONLY BELIEVE THINGS I SEE.
In all honesty I'm yet to see BIG and CLEAR achievements by the Obi government. I am an APGA man, so I want him to succeed.
As for the airport, we need INTERNATIONAL airport, not local one. Lagos does not have steady power supply too. If we wait for steady power supply, we will wait for ever.
That international access will give us the investors that will turn around every sector, including power sector in Anambra state.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by nduchucks: 7:37pm On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

I believe that the Orient Petroleum is partly owned by Anambra state. I read it somewhere when they were doing private placement sometime ago. I will look for a more credible information on that. I don't know about the refinery, but if Orient owns it, then Anambra state owns part of it.

Your belief does not make it a fact. It is irresponsible of you to believe such a story without verification. Orient Petroleum is 100% privately owned. olodo
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 7:44pm On May 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Your belief does not make it a fact. It is irresponsible of you to believe such a story without verification. Orient Petroleum is 100% privately owned. olodo

Don't worry. I will verify. I don't say things I'm not sure of. If I find out that I'm wrong, I will say so.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 7:45pm On May 24, 2012
@Chino11, can you please get us a more credible info on the ownership structure of Orient Petroleum?
Thanks nwanne. wink
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by chino11(m): 7:49pm On May 24, 2012
Ndu-chucks, Stop the insults. The fact you cannot change is that Anambra state government has a major stake on the project. Anambra has paid up its own share amounting to 4B, providing the necessary massive road network infrastructure to assess the facility.

Eze Onlytruth ok anugom ife ikwuru, dalu.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Fhemmmy: 8:05pm On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

When it comes to government business and delivery of dividends of democracy, I ONLY BELIEVE THINGS I SEE.
In all honesty I'm yet to see BIG and CLEAR achievements by the Obi government. I am an APGA man, so I want him to succeed.
As for the airport, we need INTERNATIONAL airport, not local one. Lagos does not have steady power supply too. If we wait for steady power supply, we will wait for ever.
That international access will give us the investors that will turn around every sector, including power sector in Anambra state.

There is no doubt that an international airport could help Anambra . . All i am saying is, instead of Anambra depending on generator to power an airport, 24 hours electricity is achievable.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 8:13pm On May 24, 2012
Fhemmmy:

There is no doubt that an international airport could help Anambra . . All i am saying is, instead of Anambra depending on generator to power an airport, 24 hours electricity is achievable.

You missed the point I'm making with my Lagos example.
That Lagos international airport continues to bring big investments into Lagos, even though the airport itself suffers constant power outages. We cannot wait for something we don't know when it would be. We can build and operate an international airport.
It is within our ability. Power sector is a federal government "never do well" baby. We cannot allow it to stop our economic revolution which can be sparked by the international airport. Again, there are international experts waiting to come in and invest, creating jobs for young graduates, even in a situation of irregular power supply. It is already happening in Lagos.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 24, 2012
Oh what a good news for ndi anambra.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Fhemmmy: 8:55pm On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

You missed the point I'm making with my Lagos example.
That Lagos international airport continues to bring big investments into Lagos, even though the airport itself suffers constant power outages. We cannot wait for something we don't know when it would be. We can build and operate an international airport.
It is within our ability. Power sector is a federal government "never do well" baby. We cannot allow it to stop our economic revolution which can be sparked by the international airport. Again, there are international experts waiting to come in and invest, creating jobs for young graduates, even in a situation of irregular power supply. It is already happening in Lagos.

And when the airport will be built, it is not 100% known yet either . . . .
Without light, any economy cant achieve the full potential . . . But still kudos
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by COMPAQ(m): 10:26pm On May 24, 2012
I'll like to see exactly how this refinery is supposed to make money!
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Fhemmmy: 11:19pm On May 24, 2012
COMPAQ: I'll like to see exactly how this refinery is supposed to make money!

How is the exported crude oil that is refined out of Nigeria and then, we buy back the finished product gas making us to spend so much money?
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 11:23pm On May 24, 2012
COMPAQ: I'll like to see exactly how this refinery is supposed to make money!

This must be one of the dumbest position to take on something as strategic as a refinery these days, even a small one.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Fhemmmy: 11:25pm On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth:
This must be one of the dumbest position to take on something as strategic as a refinery these days, even a small one.

Take am east oh
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Take am east oh

I still don't buy your "wait for electricity first before international airport" theory.
If Lagos and Kano can have theirs without the electricity, so can Onitsha. cool
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by odogwux(m): 8:16am On May 25, 2012
Not impressed till the facility starts doing what it was built for. I never trusted politicians and never will.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by megxo(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2012
snthesis: abeg wetin the refinery dey refine shey na sugar, garri, or kulikuli
no b efferybodi for hia sabi book
gud question.......
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by ak47mann(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2012
Anambra State Government has awarded the contract for the construction of roads in the Awada Industrial Cluster at the sum of over 1 Billion Naira. Governor Obi said this after a meeting with members of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN), Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi States chapter at the Government House, Awka.

Gov. Obi said that Government intervention was part of the outcome of regular interactions between Government and the manufacturers through which Government listened to their needs and strive to solve those within her powers.

The Governor who expressed satisfaction with the regular meeting with MAN to enable Government identify areas for immediate intervention to enhance their operations, disclosed that the Awka branch of the bank of industry would soon be opened to serve them.

The Chairman of the Association, Dr. Chike Obidigbo said Governor Obi had performed beyond expectations in fulfilling the promise to empower and encourage indigenous manufacturers. He noted that many of their members have benefited from government infrastructural development of industrial areas and expressed gratitude to the Governor for his high patronage of Innoson Vehicle Company at Nnewi and other products packaged in the State, noting that it is great morale booster to other investors.

The Association Chairman noted that the regular meetings initiated by Governor Obi to identify the problems of manufacturers have continued to record huge success towards achieving the set goals.

A member of the Association Chief Robert Ezenwa said they never had it so good and observed that Governor Obi is the only Governor that has given listen ears to manufacturers.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by ak47mann(m): 2:12pm On May 25, 2012
Governor Peter Obi has laid the foundation stone for the three Multi-Million naira building projects at the Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital Ihiala. Governor Obi said the projects were in line with the present efforts of his administration to reposition the hospital and its health institutions to become a model in the country.

The projects include a two storey new Hospital Complex that will accommodate Out Patience Department, Accident and Emergency Wards, Ultra Modern Laboratory, State of the Arts Theatre, Children’s Ward and Conference Centre. The other two projects are both three storey buildings for students hostels for the schools of Nursing and Midwifery each made up of at least Ninety self contained rooms and other facilities.

Governor Obi noted that Medical personel remain the engine that drives effective and efficient healthcare delivery and therefore require adequate and proper training to carry out their responsibilities. He explained that the State Government partnership with Church is geared towards providing quality services to the people and assured the hospital that government will do more.

The Catholic Bishop of Nnewi Diocese, Most Reverend Hilary Okeke observed that Governor Obi is the first Governor to sustain empowerment of churches to uplift the lives of the people. He assured that the facilities will be put to effective use and enjoined the students appreciate efforts of the Governor to give them a sense of pride and brighter future prospects.

In an address, the Managing Director of the Hospital and Schools Complex Reverend Dr. Peter Uzochukwu extolled the Governor for giving new lease of life to all sectors in the State and for returning mission schools to their original owners. He said the robust partnership between the Governor Obi administration and the Church is impacting directly on the lives of the people, noting that the Governor has saved the hospital more than anybody else since its existence, sixty years ago.

Some of the Student Nurses who spoke to the press, Miss Chinwe Oputa and Mr. Emmanuel Onyegbunam expressed gratitude to the Governor for his regular support and encouragement to the hospital and its schools, assuring that they will not disappoint him.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by ak47mann(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2012
OBI ASSURES ON ACCELERATING RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Thursday, May 17, 2012

Governor Peter Obi says efforts will be scaled up in reversing the gross neglect of some rural communities by successive administrations. Governor Obi was speaking at a service to mark the collation of canons at Cathedral Church of Saint Michael Umuikwu Anam, Anambra West Local Government Area.

The Governor said the on-going massive infrastructural development of rural communities was geared towards opening up the areas to boost socio-economic activities and widen scope of opportunities to empower the people to become self-reliant and care for themselves.

Governor Obi reinstated that his administration will continue to support initiatives that promote development and better life for all. He said necessary measures would be taken to make major access roads in the area motorable throughout the rainy season.

The Anglican Bishop of Mbamili Diocese, Right Reverend Henry Okeke thanked the Governor for his love for Anambra West and commitment to uplift quality in the area. He noted that the Governor has received a lot of local, national and international recognition and honours for his people-oriented leadership and commitment to welfare of rural communities.

In another development, the Catholic Bishop of Awka Most Reverend Paulinus Ezeokafor said the church had benefited a lot under Governor Obi government while the Governor had made a clear difference in the management of human and national resources, making the State the least indebted in the country.

Speaking in Awka, Most Reverend Ezeokafor noted the State Government collaboration with the church has engendered growth and sustainable development. He observed that the good road network, crisscrossing the State is boosting socio-economic activities and has opened up hitherto neglected rural communities while other States are now emulating Governor Obi’s leadership style.

Meanwhile, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Prince Rob Iweka said the people of Obosi Community would never forget Governor Peter Obi for restoring peace law and order in the area. Prince Iweka who was speaking at a social forum at Obosi noted that the Governor’s prompt intervention and commitment saved Obosi from crisis.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by DisGuy: 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
how far bros...
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by IGBOSON1: 11:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dis Guy: how far bros...

^^^It's just been mainly empty noise coming from that state......it's so annoying! The refinery?....fuc/kall is happening; and they're quiet, hoping that we've forgotten all about it! The river port nko?.....the last action witnessed there was a year ago, during the fanfare and shindig that was the Presidential commissioning; it's gone all silent ever since!

They've been faffing about and procrastinating for more than 3 years about that refinery, meanwhile just watch and see how fast the one Dangote is building will be constructed!

That state will be forming 'light of the nation', living on past glory, and electing mediocres to pilot their affairs, and even little Ebonyi will overtake them in a few years to come! They deserve the governance they get!
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by ChinoIsBack: 12:15am On Sep 07, 2013
^^^

Nwokem what is actually eating you dry? Is Anambra not producing crude now? Is Anambra Orient Refinery not about 95% completed? Is the Onitsha Port not completed and being concessioned? Is our governor's overall performance not far better than your governor?

Why are you seizing every opportunity to betray your inferiority complex and insecurity? Why not go and face your poor state and leave Anambra issues for Anambrans.

FYI: Orient Petroleum is producing crude and its refinery is at the completion stage. You think we are noise makers like you people who make alot of noise. We are silently developing while your people will continue leaving your state in droves and keep trooping to Anambra for their economic survival. Anambra International Cargo Airport is equally under construction, maybe that alone can cause you HBP.

If you can't bear it all why not go end it all..? grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by IGBOSON1: 1:36am On Sep 07, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: ^^^

Nwokem what is actually eating you dry? Is Anambra not producing crude now? Is Anambra Orient Refinery not about 95% completed? Is the Onitsha Port not completed and being concessioned? Is our governor's overall performance not far better than your governor?

Why are you seizing every opportunity to betray your inferiority complex and insecurity? Why not go and face your poor state and leave Anambra issues for Anambrans.

FYI: Orient Petroleum is producing crude and its refinery is at the completion stage. You think we are noise makers like you people who make alot of noise. We are silently developing while your people will continue leaving your state in droves and keep trooping to Anambra for their economic survival. Anambra International Cargo Airport is equally under construction, maybe that alone can cause you HBP.

If you can't bear it all why not go end it all..? grin

^^^I'm actually feeling sorry for Anambrans if they have deluded peeps like you piloting their affairs and shaping public opinion!

Your kind are actually a danger to not only Anambra state, but the entire Igbo race; your kind accept local gov't level achievements as world-class and proof that Anambra is 'working'; your kind like to thrust in our faces the names and achievements of past great Anambra sons and daughters, forgetting that past glory can only take you so far in life; your kind are so insecure that you take any attack on that useless governor of yours (Obi) and make it look like one is attacking the entire Anambra people (a sad attempt at trying to garner support by appealing to peoples sense of state pride) .....you do all this not b'cos you don't realise you're being deceitful, but b'cos you're trying to protect the interests of the thieving and inept gov't at Awka....it's either you're related to a top gov't official, or you're part of them yourself!

You say Orient Refinery is at the completion stage?; you mind not being vague and telling us just what you mean by 'completion stage'? You say the River port is completed?; if it can't operate today b'cos of the small issue of 'concessioning', why the fuc/k did the President come down to Onitsha more than a year ago to commission it with so much fanfare......if not that they're trying to pull wool over our eyes and deceive us that Ndigbo/Onitsha are getting dividends of democracy? The 2nd Niger bridge nko?; they've been doing soil testing for the past 4 months now.....and this is after running to the press to announce that they've reached a PPP arrangement with Julius Berger; why not wait till everything is done b/4 announcing it, if not that they're trying to play 'politics' with the bridge? The year is almost coming to an end, and yet nothing tangible is achieved on the bridge; the refinery; or the river port.....all we hear is dogo turenchi! Instead of Peter Obi to be following up on these things (making use of his closeness to the President for once) and giving feedback on progress achieved thus far, he's busy following GEJ about and forgetting the pressing needs of the state!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 07, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I'm actually feeling sorry for Anambrans if they have deluded peeps like you piloting their affairs and shaping public opinion!

Your kind are actually a danger to not only Anambra state, but the entire Igbo race; your kind accept local gov't level achievements as world-class and proof that Anambra is 'working'; your kind like to thrust in our faces the names and achievements of past great Anambra sons and daughters, forgetting that past glory can only take you so far in life; your kind are so insecure that you take any attack on that useless governor of yours (Obi) and make it look like one is attacking the entire Anambra people (a sad attempt at trying to garner support by appealing to peoples sense of state pride) .....you do all this not b'cos you don't realise you're being deceitful, but b'cos you're trying to protect the interests of the thieving and inept gov't at Awka....it's either you're related to a top gov't official, or you're part of them yourself!

You say Orient Refinery is at the completion stage?; you mind not being vague and telling us just what you mean by 'completion stage'? You say the River port is completed?; if it can't operate today b'cos of the small issue of 'concessioning', why the fuc/k did the President come down to Onitsha more than a year ago to commission it with so much fanfare......if not that they're trying to pull wool over our eyes and deceive us that Ndigbo/Onitsha are getting dividends of democracy? The 2nd Niger bridge nko?; they've been doing soil testing for the past 4 months now.....and this is after running to the press to announce that they've reached a PPP arrangement with Julius Berger; why not wait till everything is done b/4 announcing it, if not that they're trying to play 'politics' with the bridge? The year is almost coming to an end, and yet nothing tangible is achieved on the bridge; the refinery; or the river port.....all we hear is dogo turenchi! Instead of Peter Obi to be following up on these things (making use of his closeness to the President for once) and giving feedback on progress achieved thus far, he's busy following GEJ about and forgetting the pressing needs of the state!
The issues you raised are germane but, from the tone of post, you sound angry. Are you still bitter over the Soludo disqualification in APGA? You seem to be blaming every other person but Soludo. Dont you think Soludo shares in the blame too? Was it proper for Soludo to join a political party at the 11th hour and expect to become the party's flag bearer without a fight from interests already in the party? I'm sure that's not possible, even in US. I think Soludo should share in the blame for his misfortunes. He has to get his POLITICS right.

Honestly, I'v also wondered why the Onitsha port has not been put to use. They say its being concessioned but its taking like forever. I dont know if its a problem of viability, the other uncompleted ports (Baro,etc) or depth of River Niger. The official response is that it's being concessioned but we'll keep asking questions.

The Second Niger Bridge is being built on PPP and that's a very long process. You know based on the arrangement, 70% of the funds will be provided by the private sector and I dont think they have reached a financial close on the project. It is after they reach a financial close that ground braking will take place. If the process is not fully followed, the risk of the project running into problems will be high. I hope you know that so far, no major PPP project has been successful in Nigeria. So we can only wait and hope that since substantial progress has been made in the process, major work will begin before the end of this year or early next year. But what I'm sure of is that GEJ will do the Second Niger Bridge. A president that says if he doesn't build the bridge, he'll go on exile after leaving Aso Rock, should be take seriously
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by soundtruth(m): 3:52am On Sep 07, 2013
That river port was just a political stunt so the purpose has been served. As for orient refinery - lets give them another 3 months extension.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 07, 2013
I am sure any right thinking person should know that given the kind of political interest the refinery generated last time, further development should be fast and quiet.

Infact I believe the whole Kogi state SAGA was sponsored or associated to business men with interest. If you know a bit about the supply of petroleum in Nigeria you will know that a company that can supply 25% of the market is a major threat to MRS, Capital Oil, Mobil, Oando, Total, Aiteos, etc. So the crisis that seems to have stopped Orient cannot be an accident. Also ifeanyi Ubas involvement in Anambra Politics might not be about his fortunes. If he gains control of that refinery he will either kill it as per desires of his business associates or use it to sack other Major players like Dangote from the market. Dangote's response of deciding to build a refinery inspite of the unfavourable economics, which he admitted to, is also not surprising. People assume he is helping Nigerians, I doubt! he is only ensuring that his business survives. I also think his refinery is sponsored by himself and the other major petrol marketers who are not making noise about it. They have all been talking about having a joint refinery for a while.

So bottom line is that Anambra is sitting on a golden egg that can provide us enough resources to develop our state. Whether Obi realises this or the kind of forces that might be arrayed against it is still an issue. It is like relocating the biggest industry in Apapa to Anambra. It is something we should work towards assiduously. The employment potentials alone for truck drivers is enormous, and we cannot have it without a fight. We have no time since we will loose the whole potential as soon as Dangote completes his refinery. There is only room for about 200,000 bbls per day refinery in Nigeria.

This means that whoever completes the first refinery takes the market. While the MOMAN refinery under Dangote will likely take three years to complete, we can complete Orient in less period using modular approach.
What we should do?
1. To quickly complete the current Refinery, use horizontal wells to quickly access the oil wells without getting into disputed areas to avoid
further distractions.
2. Make committed plans for a second and third refinery. We need to top at least 150 000 barrels per day to discourage Dangote. Once we can complete the first stage of about 50,000 bbls per day, and commit financially to the next 50,000 bbls, Dangote will review his economics for the his refinery and is likely to abandon it. In all time is of the essence.
3. For the second and third installations, we need to partner with IMO or Abia State to source for crude, if we have not explored for more crude within the Anambra basin.

While recent events show why the Presidency may have moved against Soludo, Obi's strategy leaves a whole lot of distaste in my mouth. I have wondered for months why his economists have not spotted the subterfuge moves against Orient idea. He is more focused on imposing the next governor than on any real economic planning. Hope he gets the message. I still believe ifeanyi Uba should not be allowed any close to the Government House, his motives are not really clear. If Anambra State looses this opportunity to control one of Nigeria's biggest industry, we will need to find the equivalent of about 10 of the existing oil fields in order to derive the same economic benefits as the refineries would have availed us.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:52am On Sep 07, 2013
Where is the bloody refinery two years later, they said in 2011 dat it will be completed in two months time? Obi should please do and stand aside.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by IGBOSON1: 8:35am On Sep 07, 2013
KenGali: I am sure any right thinking person should know that given the kind of political interest the refinery generated last time, further development should be fast and quiet.

Infact I believe the whole Kogi state SAGA was sponsored or associated to business men with interest. If you know a bit about the supply of petroleum in Nigeria you will know that a company that can supply 25% of the market is a major threat to MRS, Capital Oil, Mobil, Oando, Total, Aiteos, etc. So the crisis that seems to have stopped Orient cannot be an accident. Also ifeanyi Ubas involvement in Anambra Politics might not be about his fortunes. If he gains control of that refinery he will either kill it as per desires of his business associates or use it to sack other Major players like Dangote from the market. Dangote's response of deciding to build a refinery inspite of the unfavourable economics, which he admitted to, is also not surprising. People assume he is helping Nigerians, I doubt! he is only ensuring that his business survives. I also think his refinery is sponsored by himself and the other major petrol marketers who are not making noise about it. They have all been talking about having a joint refinery for a while.

So bottom line is that Anambra is sitting on a golden egg that can provide us enough resources to develop our state. Whether Obi realises this or the kind of forces that might be arrayed against it is still an issue. It is like relocating the biggest industry in Apapa to Anambra. It is something we should work towards assiduously. The employment potentials alone for truck drivers is enormous, and we cannot have it without a fight. We have no time since we will loose the whole potential as soon as Dangote completes his refinery. There is only room for about 200,000 bbls per day refinery in Nigeria.

This means that whoever completes the first refinery takes the market. While the MOMAN refinery under Dangote will likely take three years to complete, we can complete Orient in less period using modular approach.
What we should do?
1. To quickly complete the current Refinery, use horizontal wells to quickly access the oil wells without getting into disputed areas to avoid
further distractions.
2. Make committed plans for a second and third refinery. We need to top at least 150 000 barrels per day to discourage Dangote. Once we can complete the first stage of about 50,000 bbls per day, and commit financially to the next 50,000 bbls, Dangote will review his economics for the his refinery and is likely to abandon it. In all time is of the essence.
3. For the second and third installations, we need to partner with IMO or Abia State to source for crude, if we have not explored for more crude within the Anambra basin.

While recent events show why the Presidency may have moved against Soludo, Obi's strategy leaves a whole lot of distaste in my mouth. I have wondered for months why his economists have not spotted the subterfuge moves against Orient idea. He is more focused on imposing the next governor than on any real economic planning. Hope he gets the message. I still believe ifeanyi Uba should not be allowed any close to the Government House, his motives are not really clear. If Anambra State looses this opportunity to control one of Nigeria's biggest industry, we will need to find the equivalent of about 10 of the existing oil fields in order to derive the same economic benefits as the refineries would have availed us.

^^^The bolded are good points, but the next question would be: do we have the right leader/leadership in Anambra or any other South East state to put these ideas into practise? The elite/politicians concerned are either not perturbed, or they are neck deep in selfish politicking that they're ignoring the major state/regional economic issues!
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by pazienza(m): 10:22am On Sep 07, 2013
KenGali: I am sure any right thinking person should know that given the kind of political interest the refinery generated last time, further development should be fast and quiet.

What we should do?
further distractions.

Chai! Nigeria is a curse! We all know that in the times of the old, men with ideas like you should be leading Igboland, how come we have your types at the sidelines watching, while efulefus and ofekes are at the centre, chai! this is painful.

Ngige serves the purpose of his south western masters, he will kill that refinery to have those that is about to be built in south west by Dangote survive, Uba will do the same cos of his business connections with other players in the industry that are in partnership with Dangote, behind the scene.

We are now left with APGA, as they wont have external forces to obey, rather can only fail to finish the race for the first refinery because of lack of foresight.

Is there any way to put this your above write up in a national daily, to help enlighten ndigbo about the silent economic war going on in Nigeria now, and why getting the right person to occupy the government house in awka would be crucial to ensuring that Ndiigb come out top of this race.

Issues like this is what should be shaping the choice of candidates to be voted by my anambra people come election day.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by pazienza(m): 10:30am On Sep 07, 2013
Another point is that, irrespective of who ends up in awka government house, whoever that that gets the control the central govt will still decide the fate of orient refinery, APC will want to maintain the SW economic advantage over the east, GEJ will provide a level playing ground for all groups, a situation that will see the east come out on top, if we play our cards well. This and more is the reason, why Ndiigbo should ensure that come may 2015, APC should still remain a toothless opposition yoruba party, with no power to control the centre, this is very important to our economic survival in this dungeon of a country.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by asha80(m): 10:37am On Sep 07, 2013
pazienza:

Chai! Nigeria is a curse! We all know that in the times of the old, men with ideas like you should be leading Igboland, how come we have your types at the sidelines watching, while efulefus and ofekes are at the centre, chai! this is painful.

Ngige serves the purpose of his south western masters, he will kill that refinery to have those in that is about to be built in south west by Dangote survive, Uba will do the same cos of his business connections with other players in the industry that are in partnership with Dangote, behind the scene.

We are now left with APGA, as they wont have externak forces to obey, rather can only fail to finish the race for the first refinery because of lack of foresight.

Is there any way to put this your above write up in a national daily, to help enlighten ndigbo about the silent economic war going on in Nigeria now, and why getting the right person to occupy the government house in awka would be crucial to ensuring that Ndiigb come out top of this race.

Issues like this is what should be shaping the choice of candidates to be voted by my anambra people come election day.
the thing is the private people championing this orient refinery how serious are they?if i am not mistaken orient refinery is more of a private outfit than public or government concern though ansg invested in it.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by pazienza(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2013
asha 80: the thing is the private people championing this orient refinery how serious are they?if i am not mistaken orient refinery is more of a private outfit than public or government concern though ansg invested in it.

Most private ventures in Nigeria have big big government influence over them, If we have a willing government in Awka, with no abuja govt interference, i am pretty sure we can get this orient ish, started.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Crisis: Why We Create Scarcity – Marketers / Yahaya Bello Offers Oyegun N150M Bribe To Dissolve APC Faction - Kogi APC VC / Rivers: No alliances with APC, Sowore's AAC rejects Amaechi's endorsements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.