Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months (17656 Views)

Omotosho Power Plant II To Be Commissioned By President Jonathan Today / Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 23, 2012
i happy for my state smiley
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by ayo011: 8:54pm On May 23, 2012
debosky:

If it pans out, it will indeed be a great leap forward. However, I have my fears for now.

The AGM speech given by OPR in 2011 indicates they intended to begin oil production to generate cash in order to COMPLETE the refinery project. As of March, oil production had still not started. If OPR haven't started producing oil, where did OPR get the funds to complete the refinery? Where did they get crude feedstock for refinery?

What I suspect is the oil production facilities from OPL 915 and 916 are those to be commissioned, not the refinery. The governor was probably speaking generally about OPR's facilities and not the refinery in particular.

If the government is 'investing' 4 billion, it should be clear why and for what purposes, and if there will be any payback to the state.

You are wrong there bro. The brand new greenfield refinery is what the chairman said that will come on stream this year. In otherwords it is the commissioning of the oil and gas refinery that will take place in 2 months time.

This is the type of thing we expect to see in this country. I'm beginning to admire Peter Obi strongly. The other day it was Sabmiller and now Refinery. These two projects are more than enough to trigger massive economic boom. Good for Anambra.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:03pm On May 23, 2012
otokx: Gullible "Nigerians" when shall thou awake from thy slumber? 500 million for a road of where to where? smh

Bros,this is not only one road but multiple roads that leads to the site and neigbhoring communities to accelerate development cos they are also building a five star hotel,hospital and estates. Do you think Peter Obi is a fool?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by ak47mann(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2012
ayo011:

You are wrong there bro. The brand new greenfield refinery is what the chairman said that will come on stream this year. In otherwords it is the commissioning of the oil and gas refinery that will take place in 2 months time.

This is the type of thing we expect to see in this country. I'm beginning to admire Peter Obi strongly. The other day it was Sabmiller and now Refinery. These two projects are more than enough to trigger massive economic boom. Good for Anambra.
gbam...APGA.....EBE ANO
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by guonno: 9:12pm On May 23, 2012
What pains me most is that most of u igbos that are condeming obi has not been to anambra lately. Obi is laying the foundation for a greater anambra. If anambra fails to outshine dubai in the next 10 years, then am not from that state. The speed at which the state is growing is just so much. Igbos are a unique set of human being. When anambra develops, all u igbos that are developing other peoples economy will come back to anambra and other eastern state. GOD BLESS ANAMBRA!!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by ak47mann(m): 9:20pm On May 23, 2012
ANAMBRANS ALL WE KNOW IS THAT OUR REIN NEVER ENDS............................WE HEAR NO EVIL SEE NO EVIL.........
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by debosky(m): 9:42pm On May 23, 2012
ayo011:

The chairman said at the end of this year - two months from now is July/August, which is not the same as the end of this year.

In addition, the chairman said they needed funds from the oil production facilities in order to complete the refinery. Unless things have changed, then it is logical to expect oil production to commence before the refinery is completed. As of March 2012, they were preparing for oil production to commence.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by aljharem(m): 10:27pm On May 23, 2012
Question is when Oriental would build one refinery in Kogi or kwara.

The transportation of finished petrol is quiet expensive given the fact that it evaporates easilly
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by tchaik(m): 11:32pm On May 23, 2012
alj harem: Question is when Oriental would build one refinery in Kogi or kwara.

The transportation of finished petrol is quiet expensive given the fact that it evaporates easilly
Dude are you for real?
Was meant to believe that everybody has a brain until I read your comment! Gosh!!!!

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by gtrust: 12:19am On May 24, 2012
Leave the grammar of Ownership and let us appreciate good work!
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by alahamad(m): 4:41am On May 24, 2012
I watch Nigerians set sentimental lines in judging the performance of public office holders whom are naturally set to serve the people by default.

Without much waste of time, I will inform you all who actually think building a refinery is 10kobo that there is absolutely no way you can complete a refinery with 4bn....take it to the bank that a refinery of even $4Billion (usd) is just a small one.

I really wish its for real and would have been glad that Nigerian people will get more jobs nd development can spread to the areas but am sure its only a matter of time before we hear what really happened to the 4bn + 500million for 20km road to the site......

Hhhmmmmm.........
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Diligence: 6:43am On May 24, 2012
Hey guz, next project is to start building the Anambra passenger/cargo international airport; how can u dream of industrialisatn sans these facilities. What abt the monorail u commissioned recently? Abeg make una start something!
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 6:49am On May 24, 2012
Diligence: Hey guz, [size=14pt]next project is to start building the Anambra passenger/cargo international airport[/size]; how can u dream of industrialisatn sans these facilities. What abt the monorail u commissioned recently? Abeg make una start something!

Thank you my brother!
I believe that the international airport will open up the place for BUSINESS and international investors.
It is a CRITICAL infrastructure in Anambra state! cool
I believe that Peter Obi or the next governor will bring it to be.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 6:54am On May 24, 2012
@Topic

This project is a test of the Obi government. If the refinery is commissioned THIS YEAR, then he has succeeded.
ndu_chucks, your sanctimonious opinion rant is not needed or solicited. Go and help quell Boko Haram first.
Anu mpama.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by owobokiri(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2012
guonno: What pains me most is that most of u igbos that are condeming obi has not been to anambra lately. Obi is laying the foundation for a greater anambra. I[b]f anambra fails to outshine dubai in the next 10 years, then am not from that state. The speed at which the state is growing is just so [/b]much. Igbos are a unique set of human being. When anambra develops, all u igbos that are developing other peoples economy will come back to anambra and other eastern state. GOD BLESS ANAMBRA!!!

Anambra will beat Dubai in ten years? With what? With just Orient refinery and a new brewery? You remember this is not a forum for ten year olds? And they are still biulding more breweries for you? With statements like this,do we need more booze in ths state?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 7:20am On May 24, 2012
owobokiri:

Anambra will beat Dubai in ten years? With what? With just Orient refinery and a new brewery? You remember this is not a forum for ten year olds? And they are still biulding more breweries for you? With statements like this,do we need more booze in ths state?

hehe! grin Don't mind the guy. I guess the excitement is overwhelming for some folks. For me, I don't believe in any project I don't see COMPLETED. Nigeria has ruined my faith. I am only cautiously optimistic about this one, but I know that Anambra needs much more before we can even talk.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by chuckynath(m): 7:32am On May 24, 2012
This a bold step in the rite direction u must agree wit me.obviously N4bil ws the state govt's contribution towards d project.a nice one frm obi there.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by darediamond(m): 7:45am On May 24, 2012
HAVE YOU HEARD?
Heard WHAT?
Heard that U Can With Peace of Mind Now keep making money into your PAYPAL Account & START WITHDRAWING TO NIGERIA WITHOUT THE HELP OF ANYONE.
U might over look this & thus keep paying some vampires 50% of your PayPal hard earned Earnings to have your PayPal money withdrawned for you from over there down to Nigeria, Ghana & all other Nations rejected by Pay Pal.
Why don't you take a WISE decision by freeing yoursel from PayPal Money Withdrawal Nigthmare for life?
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Lisa1: 8:29am On May 24, 2012
Nice work![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Nobody: 9:02am On May 24, 2012
[quote author=owobokiri]

Anambra will beat Dubai in ten years? With what? With just Orient refinery and a new brewery? You remember this is not a forum for ten year olds? And they are still biulding more breweries for you? [b]With statements like this,do we need more booze in ths state?[/[/b]quote]

Mehn I wan fall out from my seat with laughter.... this what happens when u release a prisoner, the next thing u will hear from him is "This is heaven" grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by nduchucks: 9:29am On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth: @Topic

This project is a test of the Obi government. If the refinery is commissioned THIS YEAR, then he has succeeded.
ndu_chucks, your sanctimonious opinion rant is not needed or solicited. Go and help quell Boko Haram first.
Anu mpama.

Eze, please do not allow sentiments to becloud your better judgement. Obi does not deserve any credit for bringing this refinery online. Any dullard of a governor will support such a project with good roads, tax breaks and other facilities because of the obvious potential economic benefits to Anambra state, if the refinery is successful.

The credit belongs to Chief Anyaoku, Ekwueme, and other officers of Orient Petroleum Resources, the owners of the refinery. This company has been working on bringing this refinery online since 2002! You people should be asking Obi what he spent N4billion on!

This refinery is actually quite small, it is capable of refining 55,000 bpsd when it is operating at full capacity. The refinery was financed (90%) by Exim bank of China ($550 - $600million).

The refinery should have very positive economic impact in the region. The refinery is to get most of its crude oil from onshore rigs owned by Orient Petroleum - lets hope Obi and others have plans in place to deal with pollution, spills, and rig accidents which are sure to occur sooner or later.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by amaheart(m): 9:39am On May 24, 2012
I hear!!! What a great move.Carry go Obi but what of our bursary as University students.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by ow11(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2012
As usual, common sense has left the window under the clouds of 'chop but do something'. Nobody is questioning the N4.5b 'investment' in roads + refinery by the ANSG in this project that OPR seems to have gotten covered.

Nice project and good vision by the executive board of the company (sitting on 1 billion barrels in place of oil - potentially recovering 350 million barrels can serve that refinery for up to 17 years). The nicer gist is the gas reserves.

Can someone put out where it is written boldly outside the original article that Anambra state partly owns this refinery?
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by PHIPEX(m): 1:59pm On May 24, 2012
ow11: As usual, common sense has left the window under the clouds of 'chop but do something'. Nobody is questioning the N4.5b 'investment' in roads + refinery by the ANSG in this project that OPR seems to have gotten covered.

Nice project and good vision by the executive board of the company (sitting on 1 billion barrels in place of oil - potentially recovering 350 million barrels can serve that refinery for up to 17 years). The nicer gist is the gas reserves.

Can someone put out where it is written boldly outside the original article that Anambra state partly owns this refinery?

The economy of Awka city revolves primarily around government since many state and federal institutions are located there. Awka hosts the State Governor's Lodge, State Assembly and State Ministries for Health, Education, Lands, Water.

The Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) a TV and radio station are located in the city center. A number of federal institutions including the Central Bank of Nigeria (which has a currency center in Awka), the NTA Awka media station, and branches of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, Federal Road Safety Commission, Nigerian Immigration Service, and Corporate Affairs Commission are also present in the city.
UBA and Fidelity Banks on Zik Avenue, Awka alt text
UBA and Fidelity Banks on Zik Avenue, Awka

In recent years, several new businesses have erected fascinating new buildings that have largely changed the face of Awka city. The partly state-owned Orient Petroleum Resources Ltd has the headquarters in Awka. The company is poised to set up a refinery at Igbariam to jump-start the exploitation of the huge crude oil deposits in the Anambra River basin. Also Juhel Nigeria has constructed a manufacturing plant for Parenteral drugs in the city.

Major Nigerian Banks such as Access Bank, Bank PHB, Diamond Bank, Ecobank, First Bank, Intercontinental, Oceanic Bank, UBA, Union Bank and Zenith Bank have opened branches in the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awka
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Fhemmmy: 2:01pm On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

Thank you my brother!
I believe that the international airport will open up the place for BUSINESS and international investors.
It is a CRITICAL infrastructure in Anambra state! cool
I believe that Peter Obi or the next governor will bring it to be.

If they are yet to invest into electricity and power generation, i will advice they take care of that first before the airport and cargo ports, that will be a great move and place them ahead of the pack
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Callimo(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2012
So so happy for my state Anambra. Anambra up up we go, God bless Anambra State; State of the Rising Sun
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Fhemmmy: 2:07pm On May 24, 2012
Callimo: So so happy for my state Anambra. Anambra up up we go, God bless Anambra State; State of the Rising Sun

Nice one
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Callimo(m): 2:14pm On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth]

hehe! grin Don't mind the guy. I guess the excitement is overwhelming for some folks. For me, I don't believe in any project I don't see COMPLETED. Nigeria has ruined my faith. I am only cautiously optimistic about this one, but I know that Anambra needs much more before we can even talk.

Bingo, you dnt believe in anything , at least believe in yourself. That is what we Anambrarians are known for; we believe in ourselves.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Fhemmmy: 2:19pm On May 24, 2012
Callimo: Onlytruth]

Bingo, you dnt believe in anything , at least believe in yourself. That is what we Anambrarians are known for; we believe in ourselves.

well said, but we could try and start to blv little by little and then increase our faith when we see the result.
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by nduchucks: 2:53pm On May 24, 2012
PHIPEX:

The economy of Awka city revolves primarily around government since many state and federal institutions are located there. Awka hosts the State Governor's Lodge, State Assembly and State Ministries for Health, Education, Lands, Water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awka

Wikipedia is now the authoritative source for the confirmation of part ownership of Orient Petroleum Refinery, by Anambra state. SMH
Re: Anambra Spends N4bn On Orient Refinery To Be Commissioned In 2 Months by Onlytruth(m): 7:21pm On May 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Wikipedia is now the authoritative source for the confirmation of part ownership of Orient Petroleum Refinery, by Anambra state. SMH

I believe that the Orient Petroleum is partly owned by Anambra state. I read it somewhere when they were doing private placement sometime ago. I will look for a more credible information on that. I don't know about the refinery, but if Orient owns it, then Anambra state owns part of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Wades Into Kano APC Crisis, Summons Ganduje, Shekarau / Fuel Scarcity: Depots Dry Up, Nigerians Face Bleak Christmas / Bode George: PDP Will Be In The Thrash If A Northerner Gets 2027 Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.