Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations (9111 Views)

Alleged $2bn Fraud: FG Asks Court To Revoke Dasuki’s Bail / Pipeline Surveillance: Buhari To Revoke Jonathan’s Contracts To OPC, Ex-militant / Imo Govt To Revoke Unexecuted Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by ak47mann(m): 1:06pm On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth: @Topic, ultimately, I really like what is happening because necessity is the mother of invention.
Let me see how any sane Igbo will pay 6 million in a Lagos shop.
Yearly payment is fine, but 3 payments for FUTURE OCCUPANCY is almost laughable.
I would use that money to buy a shop at main market Onitsha instead, though Onitsha main market shops are even more expensive (about 12 million Naira each), I would rather share one shop in Onitsha.
Onitsha is just a GOLD MINE waiting to be developed. All it takes is for us to get that international airport, and Lagos properties will deflate. Any Igbo still buying properties in Lagos will see the value of those properties deflate overnight. Real estate assets can be very bitchy. They are only as valuable as the humans mingling there -if they are entrepreneurial, the boom can be sustained; but if they are lazy iidiots milling around waiting for handouts, the value will deflate overnight because they can't add value to them.

I personally would like Igbo to retain ownership of all already acquired properties, but I really would like umu Igbo to return to develop our land. Ubochi nta ka anyi chuo na owere nchi! cool
true talk eze igbo,shops in onitsha is now out of reach,with the seaport and international airport watch and see what will happen cool 8[b])ekwu si go mu[/b]
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by PeterKbaba: 1:09pm On May 24, 2012
joeyfire: Dude don't make me laugh, get your geography straight, there are no bombings in igbo land

what about your everyday bunkry .... the military caught other bunkers today again.. they stole 600,000 barel of crude oil....... thief thief,
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by PeterKbaba: 1:12pm On May 24, 2012
ak47mann: heehehehehe even me myself am tire of these area boys monkeys chopping my money all the time,sometimes i feel like locking the bastardds up and throw away the keys,they are just parasite,soon most of these business will move to the east our customers will follow us any were we go,they dont know anybody else some of them have been dealing with igbos since 70s even their kids are now representing them,even the ones that come to onitsha dont border to come lagos cuz they complain about area monkeys in lagos robbing them and harassing them.Come to main market onitsha you will see cameroun Togo Ghana all shopping in onitsha even Cotonou people they full onitsha.............we will see who will go hungry after cool cool cool cool cool cool

Who are your customers and why are they not in the east patronizing your thief brothers in the east.. area thieves.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by joeyfire(m): 1:14pm On May 24, 2012
We need to make this happen. We have done too much talking. Our people need to strategise purposefully on how to make this a reality. There's more than enough land to accomodate a mega market that will make ladipo look like a carpenters shed. It takes political will and initiative of the business community to drive this thing

ak47mann: true talk eze igbo,shops in onitsha is now out of reach,with the seaport and international airport watch and see what will happen cool 8[b])ekwu si go mu[/b]
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by ak47mann(m): 1:15pm On May 24, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Who are your customers and why are they not in the east patronizing your thief brothers in the east.. area thieves.
mumu read my post again,area boy pikin coolu are defending your alaye papa...sorry we dont have things like that in east coast cool
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by ak47mann(m): 1:22pm On May 24, 2012
joeyfire: We need to make this happen. We have done too much talking. Our people need to strategise purposefully on how to make this a reality. There's more than enough land to accomodate a mega market that will make ladipo look like a carpenters shed. It takes political will and initiative of the business community to drive this thing

i know is gradually, things are changing as we speak main market will swallow any marker in Lagos we have the biggest market in west Africa with the seaport things will work out nicely.........................more revenue for anambra state plus oil&gas money 0 boyy soon houses in onitsha will go higher than it is now,lands in nnewi alone has gone up by 60% same as onitsha duplex in GRA is now from 40 to 100 million depending....................
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by joeyfire(m): 1:28pm On May 24, 2012
That's nice to know. Another thing is that we need to remodel our markets and position them for the next level that is coming fast. I haven't been to ariaria market since I left school or onitsha maon market in years but bros the way things ar going we have to make them attractive for our people to jump at. At least I'm happy we are all thinking. But mehn the governors need to sit up

ak47mann: i know is gradually, things are changing as we speak main market will swallow any marker in Lagos we have the biggest market in west Africa with the seaport things will work out nicely.........................more revenue for anambra state plus oil&gas money 0 boyy soon houses in onitsha will go higher than it is now,lands in nnewi alone has gone up by 60% same as onitsha duplex in GRA is now from 40 to 100 million depending....................
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by PeterKbaba: 1:57pm On May 24, 2012
joeyfire: We need to make this happen. We have done too much talking. Our people need to strategise purposefully on how to make this a reality. There's more than enough land to accomodate a mega market that will make ladipo look like a carpenters shed. It takes political will and initiative of the business community to drive this thing

Is it by building a modern market or rather do a visibility study ... do you have enough consumers to buy the products u have.. or na lizard una won sell am give
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by PeterKbaba: 2:02pm On May 24, 2012
ak47mann: mumu read my post again,area boy pikin coolu are defending your alaye papa...sorry we dont have things like that in east coast cool

Atleast this agberos can later be trained in our to collect taxes...Lie that igbos are not among the agberos in the poorest area in lagos...atleast their case is better than doing rituals and breaking oil pipes everyday... even when you vultures know how risky it is.. Tell me, who is the president, who is the petroleum minister, who is incharge of the NDCC.. they are all igbos from the SE and SS... so why are you fools breaking all the pipe line in Nigeria.. since your leaders are stealing una sef don join them.. blody slaves.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by ak47mann(m): 2:32pm On May 24, 2012
[quote author=PeterKbaba]

Atleast this agberos can later be trained in our to collect taxes...Lie that igbos are not among the agberos in the poorest area in lagos...atleast their case is better than doing rituals and breaking oil pipes everyday... even when you vultures know how risky it is.. Tell me, who is the president, who is the petroleum minister, who is incharge of the NDCC.. they are all igbos from the SE and SS... so why are you fools breaking all the pipe line in Nigeria.. since your leaders are stealing una sef don join them..

blody slaves.[/quote]who is slave your people or igbos running Nigerians economy coolnow tell me who is the slave and who is the master mumutongue
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by PeterKbaba: 2:35pm On May 24, 2012
[quote author=ak47mann][/quote]

Are igbos not agberos in Lagos. Just go to the bus stop and see how igbos are trooping in, in mass....
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by ak47mann(m): 2:37pm On May 24, 2012
joeyfire: That's nice to know. Another thing is that we need to remodel our markets and position them for the next level that is coming fast. I haven't been to ariaria market since I left school or onitsha maon market in years but bros the way things ar going we have to make them attractive for our people to jump at. At least I'm happy we are all thinking. But mehn the governors need to sit up

As i said it will all come gradually,dont forget most of these shops are privately build like any-were else in Niger area markets are not planned,they were build by traders and some institutions the business men are not complaining cus they still sell their goods regardless our governors are the one that need to fix that cool
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by ektbear: 2:41pm On May 24, 2012
Hehe.

It is good to be a landlord, and not a tenant.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by ak47mann(m): 2:46pm On May 24, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Are igbos not agberos in Lagos. Just go to the bus stop and see how igbos are trooping in, in mass....
MUMU SOME COME FOR BUSINESS AND OTHER THINGS LIKE CLEARING THEIR CONTAINERS FROM SEAPORT I TOLD YOU DONT TRY TO BIG UP YORUBA THIS IS NOT YOUR THING GO AND SIT BACK IN YOUR OFFICE JOB OR DRIVE CABBY THAT'S WHAT U ARE KNOWN FOR,IGBOS HAVE GONE TOO DEEP IN BUSINESS OUR TRACKS IS TOO LONG TO CATCH UP cool cool cool
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by slam7000(m): 3:39pm On May 24, 2012
alj harem: Onlytruth I think you have got no brains at all cry cry cry I wonder how an adult with Eze ndigbo to his title would talk divisively.

Moreover the way some of you talk here, one would think it is only Igbo people that have shops in ladipo. You talk of 500,000 per shop if you know what those textile shop owners pay you all would shut your mouth. these people you call iGBOS ARE paying a 6th of what the textile owners are paying.

All those shop owners in markets is no beans even in Onitsha. So don't buy the rubbish Onlytruth and co are saying.

Moreover I don't the point for all this treat. Abeg if una wan leave by all means leave. All this silly comments about Lagos etc would die etc would not do anyone any good

Pls dont trivialise that title,there is nothing like Eze Ndigbo here.Onlytruth is voicing his opinions here and that does not reflect that of ndigbos,are you trying to say those ''non igbo''textiles sellers pay about N3,000,000 for their shops shocked
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by slam7000(m): 3:51pm On May 24, 2012
PeterKbaba:

Is it by building a modern market or rather do a visibility study ... do you have enough consumers to buy the products u have.. or na lizard una won sell am give

abeg which school de teach that one i want to enrol sharp sharp,dem de teach am 4 Lagos business school?? ...una no go kill person here grin
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by oduasolja: 4:07pm On May 24, 2012
FUNNY IGBOS.

a 25 year lease does not represent ownership of property.

the lease is about to be up in 2017 which is 5 years from now.

many of you never paid for the whole 25 year lease . and the lease is almost over.

see how una dey do. thief.

u rent a place , pay the first payment and refuse to pay anything after.

well 2017 is around the corner. get ready to pack and leave.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Ysol(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2012
[[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]color=#006600]We own the the Land,we own the market,we own the shops.So if you can afford to pay,pack your Uneducated problem back to East.[i][/color][/i][size=8pt][/size][/font]
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by aljharem(m): 4:15pm On May 24, 2012
slam7000:

Pls dont trivialise that title,there is nothing like Eze Ndigbo here.Onlytruth is voicing his opinions here and that does not reflect that of ndigbos,are you trying to say those ''non igbo''textiles sellers pay about N3,000,000 for their shops shocked

No problem my brother. We all the same people. It is people like Onlytruth that try to divide us for some reason best known to him.

Yes 2 years rent for a 4 corner shop can be as high as 2 million naira. In fact I know a woman that sells cloths. She rented two shops side by side and broke the wall down to join it together. She pays as high as 3 million naira

These people I am talking about are not Igbo.

It is only on nairaland you would find an iddeiot like Onlytruth trying to cause enmity where there is none.

He should tell us if truly he has been to Ladipo market whether an authority would know the difference between who is Yoruba or who is not.

Nri priest should give me his uncle phone number and name so I can meet up with his uncle and sort this thing our once and for all.

I want to know those behind it IF TRULY SUCH EXIST.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by aljharem(m): 4:17pm On May 24, 2012
oduasolja: FUNNY IGBOS.

a 25 year lease does not represent ownership of property.

the lease is about to be up in 2017 which is 5 years from now.

many of you never paid for the whole 25 year lease . and the lease is almost over.

see how una dey do. thief.

u rent a place , pay the first payment and refuse to pay anything after.

well 2017 is around the corner. get ready to pack and leave.

dude shut up. When you started the topic, you knew what it would cause, insult upon insults. C'mon we are above this in this country.

tribal sentiment etc would not take us anywhere
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by kettykin: 4:30pm On May 24, 2012
With the coming of Age of Niger Delta (Economic, Political and Military Maturity) , the implementation of the Ibaka Deep sea port Project, the comming on stream of the River Niger Project ,The construction of Myriads of International Airports all over the SE and the SS, the implemetation of IPP, Private Refineries, Hangar,Heavy Industries in these zone, The Nigeria's Economic Apple Cart is sure to tilt east words , and we will definitely start seein reverse Migration of Eastern Manpower and Businesses from the Lagos back to the East.

Where does that leave us ? that leaves us with a Lagos that is depleted of Human Resources /capital and since nature abhors vaccum , vaccum will defnitely be filled but this time by Abokis and omonile .

The three fold problem of Lagos 1. Congestion (no Space for Expansion) 2. Threat of the Atlantic Ocean on the little meaningful space available on the Island and 3. Lack of Planning ( the wrong utilisation of the few space available leave much to be desired.
(Personally i will advise SE/SS to rechannel their invesment options away from Lagos).

The Few Spaces available already poses a greadeal of Developmental challenge to the Lagos Governor Raji Fashola who now devot more time and money Planting flowers than repairing roads

1 Like

Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by aljharem(m): 4:31pm On May 24, 2012
I would urge all Yorubas to please leave this thread and stop commenting. It gets to a certain stage where a thread is no longer productive, Here is one.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by oduasolja: 4:38pm On May 24, 2012
kettykin: With the coming of Age of Niger Delta (Economic, Political and Military Maturity) , the implementation of the Ibaka Deep sea port Project, the comming on stream of the River Niger Project ,The construction of Myriads of International Airports all over the SE and the SS, the implemetation of IPP, Private Refineries, Hangar,Heavy Industries in these zone, The Nigeria's Economic Apple Cart is sure to tilt east words , and we will definitely start seein reverse Migration of Eastern Manpower and Businesses from the Lagos back to the East.

Where does that leave us ? that leaves us with a Lagos that is depleted of Human Resources /capital and since nature abhors vaccum , vaccum will defnitely be filled but this time by Abokis and omonile .

The three fold problem of Lagos 1. Congestion (no Space for Expansion) 2. Threat of the Atlantic Ocean on the little meaningful space available on the Island and 3. Lack of Planning ( the wrong utilisation of the few space available leave much to be desired.
(Personally i will advise SE/SS to rechannel their invesment options away from Lagos).

The Few Spaces available already poses a greadeal of Developmental challenge to the Lagos Governor Raji Fashola who now devot more time and money Planting flowers than repairing roads

look at this monkey.

u think importing goods from china is hardwork.

buhahahhaa.

rubbish fake alaba and co .

we yorubas have more than enough to enjoy ourselves. pack your bags back to your erosion ravaged , overpopulated rubbish dump , u call ala igbo.

we are building .

u dont feed us , so get lost.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by oduasolja: 4:40pm On May 24, 2012
Ladipo Market Crises Deepen
Published on January 4, 2011 by · No Comments
By Cyriacus Izuekwe
There seems to be no end to the crises rocking Aguiyi Ironsi International Trade Centre, Ladipo Market, Mushin, Lagos, despite the intervention of the Mushin Local Government Area to bring a lasting peace to the market.
Chairman of Mushin LGA, Hon. Babatunde Adepitan had in conjunction with the stakeholders of the market dissolved the leadership of the factions in the market and set up a caretaker committee until peace returns to the market.
But a faction led by Chief Jonathan Okoli reneged on the agreement reached and started collecting tolls and levies from traders.
The latest development was an allegation by the developers, Paramo Development Ventures Ltd. that Chief Jonathan was planning to kill the Managing Director of the company, Mr. Ajibade Hassan-Olajoku and bomb Aguiyi Ironsi International Trade Centre.
In a petition dated 29 December, 2010 to the Director-General of State Security Service, the company alleged that Chief Okoli threatened to attack anybody who tries to stop him from collecting tolls and if the market was closed down by the government, he would bomb the place.
“Presently, militants have been stationed to kill anybody who attempts to get in his way in the market,” the petition stated.
The company also described Chieh Okoli as one of its tenants, adding that he took over the market fraudulently by parading himself as the owner and started collecting tolls and other entitlements belonging to the company after the death of its Chairman, Alhaji Alabi Hassan Olajoku.
The company stated that his threat should not be dismissed because he had committed various crimes which were reported to the police and nothing was done about them.
“He claims that he is well connected to the highest rank in  the Nigeria Police,” the petitioners added.
They appealed to the members of the public, security institutions, Lagos State Government and former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to come to their rescue.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Onlytruth(m): 5:07pm On May 24, 2012
grin grin grin

See them sh!!ting their pants already, ranting all over the place! lol
The fate of Lagos will not be different from what befell other similar cities elsewhere in the world.
I know many cities that deflated in viability once the humans creating wealth left. They are countless in Africa.
The cities will remain, but when you go there, all you see are relics of past activities. Nothing new. They die slow death.
Lagos will be like that in about 25 years.

As for my Igbo brothers, onye obula jiri nwayo duo onwe ya odu, maka na o bu nnukwu nzuzu itinye ego na ala ndi iro.
Anyi nwere ala karia ole anyi choro na owuwa anyanwu naijiria. cool

Nke a bu okwu ndumodu si na obi eze igbo puta. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by aljharem(m): 5:09pm On May 24, 2012
^^^^^^ Pure Mumu

just cause we chose to be humble and embrace peace and progress does not mean we are afraid and begging anyone.

I chose be remain sound even after all the insults does not mean we are afraid Ok !
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Onlytruth(m): 5:13pm On May 24, 2012
^^^
Mr man don't you see that I don't see you? lol
Don't forget that I know you. Your opinion, to me, is like the opinion of a fox, to a hen. Do you think a wise hen cares what a fox thinks?

We will have our international access soon. You will keep your Lagos. We will keep our properties there of course, to use them to teach our children how not to make a bad investment. cool
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by aljharem(m): 5:15pm On May 24, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^

wise hen indeed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LMAO

Dude you own NO PROPERTY so don't start mouthing off here.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Onlytruth(m): 5:18pm On May 24, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^^^

wise hen indeed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LMAO

Dude you own NO PROPERTY IN LAGOS so don't start mouthing off here.

Fixed! cool

Of course not! Am I a goat? shocked angry angry
I still quarrel with my brothers that own some properties there, and they are making more investments in the East just to appease me. lol
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by aljharem(m): 5:22pm On May 24, 2012
^^^^^^^^

lol good, we don't really need people like you. We need detribalised forward thinkers like Igbo2011, SweetLemon and co. These are sensible people that see the bigger picture cool

You sir are myopic and too sentimental for any advancing community.

A community based on equality and non-tribal sentiment like Lagos would keep growing. Insha Allah.
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by Onlytruth(m): 5:27pm On May 24, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^^^^^

lol good, we don't really need people like you. We need detribalised forward thinkers like Igbo2011, SweetLemon and co. These are sensible people that see the bigger picture cool

You sir are myopic and too sentimental for any advancing community.

A community based on equality and non-tribal sentiment like Eastern Nigeria would keep growing. Insha Allah.

Fixed again! Ol' boy what are you smoking today?
BTW I've always thought that you Alj-harem is Igbo2011. That is why I turned down his friendship. I am already a friend to one of you - Alj-harem. I keep my enemies very close. cool
Re: Paramo Investment Threatens To Revoke Ladipo Market Allocations by aljharem(m): 5:31pm On May 24, 2012
Onlytruth:

Fixed again! Ol' boy what are you smoking today?
BTW I've always thought that you Alj-harem is Igbo2011. That is why I turned down his friendship. I am already a friend to one of you - Alj-harem. I keep my enemies very close. cool

LOL, i AM NOT THESE PEOPLE. I am Not Jason, I am Not Igbo2011 I am not sweetlemon. I am not these people.

Igbo2011 is a new Nairalander and a progressive thinker for that matter I must say I admire the Young man a lot along side Sweet Sweetlemon. These are forward thinkers that see a bigger picture in progress rather than likes of you staying in Obodo America while you cause havoc and regression among Nigerians.

You sir are part of those making America work, you pay your tax, your house rent bills etc but when you come to Nigeria specifically Lagos you want it for free because you are an Igbo man as you would say. LOL my brother it is not happening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari To Travel To New York On Tuesday For 71st UN General Assembly / Ugwuanyi: We Support Constitution Amendments That'll Enhance Unity, Prosperity / Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Marketers Blame NNPCL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.