Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Marriage, Family, And Wife - The Fear Of The Unknown - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage, Family, And Wife - The Fear Of The Unknown (2438 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / I Can Deal With My Wife The Way I Please--chidi Odiah[soccer Star] / Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage, Family, And Wife - The Fear Of The Unknown by TV01(m): 8:24am On May 25, 2012
shymmex:

My worldview??

I would call myself a Yoruba guy at heart, but a Londoner on the outside...

Which means, I'm a westernized Afrocentric (Yorubacentric) guy - the best of both worlds, but more ingrained into the Yoruba culture and Yoruba way of life.

Most peoples worldviews are driven by faith, culture (and experience?). Most faiths/cutures have a template for adulthood (maturity)and for marriage. I am not saying that I believe they are all equal or equally good - I personally subscribe to a Christian worldview - but it should be as simple as saying, understand and embrace the ideal within that faith/culture, find a woman who does likewise to a very great degree and then get married.

But it's not that simple is it? Everything from personal preference, to bad practise to foreign influence has caused ideals to be muddied and loosened as anchors. It can be very confusing.

Best
TV

(Alternatively, if one is bold enough, construct their own reality in this regard, either from scratch or an amalgam of whats out there, but you still have to find the girl - or build it in tandem with her - that buys into it, then get married. I am yet to see this, but park that thought for now).
Re: Marriage, Family, And Wife - The Fear Of The Unknown by Tobiegal(f): 1:33pm On May 25, 2012
Just remember that you can never have it all.

There would be good times, bad times, boring times...

But, despite all the times, the love would always remain constant.
Re: Marriage, Family, And Wife - The Fear Of The Unknown by 90love(f): 6:45pm On May 25, 2012
shymmex:

Hmmmm, I can't believe the infamous 90love gave me a very insightful advice... grin

You're my 'bredrin' now - no beef, yh??

*Nudges knuckle with 90love, and says: "safe for that."*

tongue small banter can't stop me from giving advise on a serious topic.
Re: Marriage, Family, And Wife - The Fear Of The Unknown by TV01(m): 7:33pm On May 25, 2012
I often wonder what thought has precedes voicing the now all but clichéd ...”there is no perfect marriage”? Especially as it never seems to be voiced except in a pejorative sense.

Is anything on God’ green earth perfect? Even the green earth sef? Outside of a Divine Almighty Creator – for those that believe – I ask again, is anything perfect?

To be able to recognise an imperfect marriage, surely there must be a template, an ideal, against which to deem others imperfect?

Something is perfect - IMO – when it does what it is meant to do, exactly what it was designed for. To fully understand marriage is to grasp that it is perfect for us, is meant to help perfect us. And perfection is end game, not necessarily the starting point.

Interested to hear why peoples marriages are not perfect, what they are doing to perfect them. And why with the belief that it can’t/won’t be, they got married in the first place?

Best
TV

So Shymmex, what does your worldview tell you about marriage?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Open Up To Others About My Family Issues. Is It A Good Idea? / Prayer For My Future Hubby And Home / Pls I Nid Ur Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.