Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33494 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 7:33pm On May 26, 2012
My brother PointB, i huru ozi m zitere gi? smiley
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2012
Anyhow, I'll be back later to continue. Gotta run an errand. cool

Signing off,
Yours truly

Onlytruth. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Obiagu1(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth:

I personally am not trying to appease anyone. Believe me! lol How can an aggrieved party be trying to appease anyone? lol!
My concern is that history must not repeat. I have read enough account of what happened that I have come to understand why A LOT of top Igbo persons distant from any talks of secession. They honestly have not seen smart moves by MASSOB or any other organization so far. What I maintain is that a situation whereby nearly ALL southern groups are allied against Ndigbo is a strategic nightmare which the likes of me would NEVER allow to see the light of day, if I can. cool My father also told me how Igbo contributed more to the failure of Biafra than even outsiders. That is why I insist that Igwe bu ike should by my motto. If we cannot join a collective effort, all our individual efforts are in vain. If we had not supported Jonathan, at least the first time, it would not be good strategically. I was amongst those who initially opposed him until I started to read from some of our top Igbo politicians, and also did my own introspection. At the end, I saw that we had no choice. In 2015, if the strategic calculus does not change, we will likely support him again. It is called facing reality.

I wish to advise my brothers to tone down their words against these groups because there is no need whatsoever for those words. They should spend more of their energy to get us strategic infrastructure in SE. Our journey begins there.
As it stands now, if those Igbo in government(Anyim Pius, Ngozi Iweala, Stella Odua et al) do not get us those infrastructure, how can anyone even talk of an Igbo nation seceded from Nigeria? Let us start by learning to work together and think for the GROUP rather than self.

I disagree we had no choice. However, let the new direction open our eyes further at the end of the day and let us see it as it is without the need to spin our way out of it. There is, also, no need to shift the blame to Anyim, Ngozi and co when they only do the bidding of their master; it'll be disingenuous to do so. In addition, I will not face a reality if the impeding reality is my demise without trying to fight my way out of it.

As for "Igwe bu ike", that's only true when there's a unity of purpose. "Igwe abughi ike" if you and I are fighting for the same thing while I harbour an ulterior motive.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by babestella: 8:28pm On May 26, 2012
bbpreye: But wait first, if we break up. Will it be north and south or niger delta and the rest of ya'll.

mumu, you are claiming niger delta abi, don't worry, all the villages in niger delta will demand break up too because of oil money, they believe that all should have oil wells and refineries in their kingdom/villages. Una dey play with fire ooo. We hope Nigeria breaks up anyway, but without bloodshed. But lets see how the year 2015 plays out.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 8:40pm On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth:

I personally am not trying to appease anyone. Believe me! lol How can an aggrieved party be trying to appease anyone? lol!
My concern is that history must not repeat. I have read enough account of what happened that I have come to understand why A LOT of top Igbo persons distant from any talks of secession. They honestly have not seen smart moves by MASSOB or any other organization so far. What I maintain is that a situation whereby nearly ALL southern groups are allied against Ndigbo is a strategic nightmare which the likes of me would NEVER allow to see the light of day, if I can. cool My father also told me how Igbo contributed more to the failure of Biafra than even outsiders. That is why I insist that Igwe bu ike should by my motto. If we cannot join a collective effort, all our individual efforts are in vain. If we had not supported Jonathan, at least the first time, it would not be good strategically. I was amongst those who initially opposed him until I started to read from some of our top Igbo politicians, and also did my own introspection. At the end, I saw that we had no choice. In 2015, if the strategic calculus does not change, we will likely support him again. It is called facing reality.

I wish to advise my brothers to tone down their words against these groups because there is no need whatsoever for those words. They should spend more of their energy to get us strategic infrastructure in SE. Our journey begins there.
As it stands now, if those Igbo in government(Anyim Pius, Ngozi Iweala, Stella Odua et al) do not get us those infrastructure, how can anyone even talk of an Igbo nation seceded from Nigeria? Let us start by learning to work together and think for the GROUP rather than self.

Bros, I honestly believed that political exigencies that contributed to the defeat of Biafra were constructed outside the confines of Nigeria. Have you reasoned aloud the ploy behind the fact that two diametrically opposed political ideologies during the heat of their pinnacle had to join forces to saw off Biafra?

The Ndigbo and their neighbors in eastern region were solidly behind Biafra. I can count on my fingers the number of Ibibio, Efik, Annang, Ogoni, Atama and Ijo who successfully contested both regional and federal election in their ethnic enclave on a platform other than NCNC. One of the best pilots in Biafra was Ijo and unfortunately he died trying to erect the country. One of the best field commanders in Biafra was Ibibio and he died trying to erect the country. There was a young Biafran brigade commander from Sagbama who was bent in recapturing Port Harcourt before the war ended. A group of Okirika people risked being shot to death by smuggling foods and medicine into Biafra.

The seemingly seed of disunity that is perceived among Ndigbo and their neighbors was planted during the war, germinated and nourished since the end of the war. In true honesty, I shall be pained to see a country formed by Ndigbo without Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni and eastern Ijo as part of it. But to avoid being labeled as crude oil usurpers, Ndigbo had the will-power and strength to go it alone. Again, “Igwe bu ike” if they are united and there is basis for unity.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 26, 2012
Obiagu1:

Anyone talking about secession is deceiving himself. No group can secede! Nigeria can only crumble and when it does, then new countries will emerge.
Humorous Biafra E-fighters!!! (HBE) Make I put am Obj way: I dey laugh.

So Obiagu1 HBE:

Since you know secession can not, how do you get Nigeria crumbled? I don't see that happening in the immediate foreseeable future.

I see GEJ ruling till 2019 and handing over power to the core conservative North, which you know, will guarantee another eight years of one Nigeria. The North, looking at the pattern of history, will relinquish power to another stooge in the south that will guarantee Nigeria for another eight years.

I have a message for you. Stop pouring your votes into Atlantic ocean! You need to create political structure in the East, integrate your economies and build bridges to get Nigeria restructured. That you can't achieve by blaming faceless enemies and demonizing imaginary betrayers.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On May 26, 2012
I don talk am . ..

Kobojunkie: [size=13pt]Time for a Reality Check.

Nigeria is not going to break up in your lifetimes or that of your children. So instead of lazily dreaming of what you will never see, buck up and face your responsibility and part in this Nation. You do not choose what country you are born in to, however you can help in making the decision for a better future for you and your children, and their children.

If not, you remain nothing but useless bag of flesh to them and their future[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by mpumalanga: 9:55pm On May 26, 2012
The Midwesterners took decisions to further their own interest
and igbos should learn from that because any group that want to
survive in nigeria,must be ruthless in going for their own interest.

The pre civil war success of the igbos was the issue and many taught
that getting them out of the way will transfer their success to them
especially the elites from southern nigeria and christian north as at
that time.I supported GEAJ because he is from eastern region not because
of any deceptive alliance and i believe that people that survived the
worst can live with the bad.

After GEAJ,the same people will mock the igbos as people they used
to get what they want because it is natural.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Biggyd2: 10:31pm On May 26, 2012
amosy007:

dude why all this hatred?

JEEZ.. Why is igbo always full of hate? sad

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY TRIBE IN PARTICULAR. IT RUNS ACROSS ALL TRIBES. WHY SO MUCH HATE? WHY ARE WE STILL LEAVING IN THE PAST? AND PLEASE REMEMBER NIGERIANS THAT SINCE THE WAR THAT THESE TRIBES HAVE BEVE BEEN INTER MARRYING. WHAT HAPPENS TO THESE UNIONS? SOME OF THE COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD IS STILL GIVING ME GOOSE PIMPLES. SO MUCH HATE! LORD HAVE MERCY!!!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 11:37pm On May 26, 2012
Dede1:

Bros, I honestly believed that political exigencies that contributed to the defeat of Biafra were constructed outside the confines of Nigeria. Have you reasoned aloud the ploy behind the fact that two diametrically opposed political ideologies during the heat of their pinnacle had to join forces to saw off Biafra?

The Ndigbo and their neighbors in eastern region were solidly behind Biafra. I can count on my fingers the number of Ibibio, Efik, Annang, Ogoni, Atama and Ijo who successfully contested both regional and federal election in their ethnic enclave on a platform other than NCNC. One of the best pilots in Biafra was Ijo and unfortunately he died trying to erect the country. One of the best field commanders in Biafra was Ibibio and he died trying to erect the country. There was a young Biafran brigade commander from Sagbama who was bent in recapturing Port Harcourt before the war ended. A group of Okirika people risked being shot to death by smuggling foods and medicine into Biafra.

The seemingly seed of disunity that is perceived among Ndigbo and their neighbors was planted during the war, germinated and nourished since the end of the war. In true honesty, I shall be pained to see a country formed by Ndigbo without Ibibio, Annang, Ogoni and eastern Ijo as part of it. But to avoid being labeled as crude oil usurpers, Ndigbo had the will-power and strength to go it alone. Again, “Igwe bu ike” if they are united and there is basis for unity.

Thank you my brother! The bolded is EXACTLY why I demure at general criticisms or "diatribe" against those groups.
It is not easy following another tribe to fight for ANY joint mission, especially one that you and I understand was not really a local fight. Heck it was easy to join Nigerian side, afterall they saw the level of foreign support behind Nigeria. Who likes to risk his life against a worldwide current of opposition against Biafra (whether those opposition was justified or not)? You and I know that had a nation as powerful as a world power, REAL world power (not a pretender like France sad I'm sorry I don't hold the French in high esteem because their support was halfhearted) supported Biafra, believe me even Hausa/Fulani will see us capture the whole North within DAYS, not weeks. The best of our fighting men died within 6 months of that war. I cry for that any time I think about the war. Those men should have been given WORLD BEATING strategic support (military equipment). If that happened, most of them would not have died at all. So, thank you for understanding the core of my argument. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 11:41pm On May 26, 2012
Again when I say "Igwe bu Ike" I really mean Igbo unity, nothing more. If we are united, believe me, Eastern Nigeria will be united. We make up about 70% of the Eastern Nigerian population.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 11:51pm On May 26, 2012
mpumalanga: The Midwesterners took decisions to further their own interest
and igbos should learn from that because any group that want to
survive in nigeria,must be ruthless in going for their own interest.

The pre civil war success of the igbos was the issue and many taught
that getting them out of the way will transfer their success to them
especially the elites from southern nigeria and christian north as at
that time.I supported GEAJ because he is from eastern region not because
of any deceptive alliance and i believe that people that survived the
worst can live with the bad.

After GEAJ,the same people will mock the igbos as people they used
to get what they want because it is natural.

Thank you. That was exactly why I supported him too. He couldn't be worse than any aboki, IMHO.
Aboki denied us international airport for MANY YEARS. They are our main problem in Nigeria.
Secondly, Jonathan will be judged by his record in 2015. Let no one ever believe that he has a blank cheque to cart Igbo votes in that year. If in 2015 we take stock, and he had failed to deliver all we need -International airport, second bridge across the Niger, Onitsha port (he has partly delivered on that) and fixing federal roads in SE; if he gets a failing score, we will not vote for him. I am even starting my own hard ball with him from December THIS YEAR. Enugu airport must be functioning fully or I will stop supporting him.
As for some of the minorities claiming to have used us, all I have to say is that they should remember that we have an enormous voting power in Nigeria. No Nigerian president jokes with Ndigbo. The ones that had tried it did it because we were not united. We are far more united and angrier today than ever. We can do a whole lot of things to make life HELL for everybody in Nigeria. Nuff said. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PointB: 11:55pm On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth: My brother PointB, i huru ozi m zitere gi? smiley

Eze OnlyTruth,
A hurum ozi nzitere. Le emailu gi. A sa lam gi.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 12:00am On May 27, 2012
Obiagu1:

I disagree we had no choice. However, let the new direction open our eyes further at the end of the day and let us see it as it is without the need to spin our way out of it. There is, also, no need to shift the blame to Anyim, Ngozi and co when they only do the bidding of their master; it'll be disingenuous to do so. [/b]In addition, I will not face a reality if the impeding reality is my demise without trying to fight my way out of it.

As for "Igwe bu ike", that's only true when there's a unity of purpose. [b]"Igwe abughi ike" if you and I are fighting for the same thing while I harbour an ulterior motive.

Well, let us agree to disagree on the bolded. I will like to remind you, that Ndigbo lobbied for Anyim to be made SFG.
I will also like to remind you that Jonathan feels that he is doing us a favor by appointing Ndigbo like Iweala, and co.
The favor is that these our people should remember our needs and work for them. Are you telling me that if those people were Yoruba, that they would not be fixing their region by now? I hate comparing Igbo with other major tribes, but this time I have no choice. I have to blame our brothers and sisters on these infrastructures. If they are resisted by Jonathan, THEY SHOULD RESIGN and inform Ohanaeze Ndigbo of why they resigned. It is very easy to do that if they are thinking about us. That is why I say that Igwe bu Ike.

As for the last bolded, you have to be clearer what you mean by that.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 12:02am On May 27, 2012
PointB:

Eze OnlyTruth,
A hurum ozi nzitere. Le emailu gi. A sa lam gi.

Dalu nwanne. cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 12:46am On May 27, 2012
Obiagu1:

Anyone talking about secession is deceiving himself. No group can secede! Nigeria can only crumble and when it does, then new countries will emerge.

Never doubt that the SS can secede.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 12:48am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

Never doubt that the SS can secede.

You have forgotten the SS and SE would form Baifra

LMAO !!! grin grin grin grin grin

Dude you are Igbo, quit deceiving people on the internet embarassed
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 1:10am On May 27, 2012
@OnlyTruth
It takes a real man to be truthful and honest. Welldone.

@Dede
Do you mind my asking if you personally participated in the invasion of the Midwest? It might provide many explanations.

@topic
Does anyone not find it strange that while the FG was at war with Biafra, the Midwest declared it was neutral? That is a very strange position indeed for a region of a country at war to take.
We were never the enemy of Biafra and have never been. It is time to drop the false accusations which were originated for reasons yet unkown (most likely to cover up the blunder of that invasion); these things do not bode well for cooperation.

This is the game (each item can be expanded into a topic of its own):
1. It is not in the interest of the US or UK to see Nigeria split.
2. The core-Northern elite know this too well (having ruled Nigeria for donkey years).
3. 85% of indigenious oil business is held by the core-Northern elite (speaking directly to the US and the UK pocket).
4. The core-Northern elite use the likes of boko haram to blackmail the desperate interests of the US and the UK.
5. Any section, SS, Midwest, SE, SW or Middle Belt that wants out has to fight both ethnic bigotry and US/UK interests.
6. Nigeria accounts for 1/5th of the Black African population.
7. International oil concerns and fears our refugees destabilising W Africa mean no section of the country can go it alone.
8. All the above make anyone allying with Buhari, IBB or Atiku a traitor to the people.

Brothers, let us be wise.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 2:20am On May 27, 2012
Beaf:
Does anyone not find it strange that while the FG was at war with Biafra, the Midwest declared it was neutral? That is a very strange position indeed for a region of a country at war to take.
We were never the enemy of Biafra and have never been. It is time to drop the false accusations which were originated for reasons yet unkown (most likely to cover up the blunder of that invasion); these things do not bode well for cooperation.

In my humble opinion, it is quite dishonest to claim that Midwest declared it was neutral and to imply the Biafran invasion was not justified. The war was between Nigeria and Biafra, and at no time did the Midwest declare that they've ceased to be part of Nigeria. Secondly, as Dede1 stated in one of his posts, when the Federal troops were using the Midwest as military launching pads from which to attack Biafra, no one attempted to kick them out of the Midwest on the account of this so-called neutrality.

Put yourself in the position of the Biafran soldiers and you'll see that they had no choice but to invade the Midwest. That they committed war crimes in the process is another matter entirely. Lets not try to revise history, complete honesty in discussing these matters is critical for the healing process.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 3:18am On May 27, 2012
^
In the simplest terms, the Midwests declaration of neutrality was a real poke in Nigeria's eye. Where on Earth have you heard of a country at war, yet one of its states declares it is neutral?

You and I know that Dede's claims are a fallacy, I have already pointed out the jumble in dates against events that he presented. Attacks on Biafra came from Lagos until the Midwest invasion, after which the FG recaptured Excravos and began launching attacks from there.

The Midwest too was unhappy, but being made up of minorities was unsure and simply waiting.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 3:21am On May 27, 2012
ndu_chucks:

In my humble opinion, it is quite dishonest to claim that Midwest declared it was neutral and to imply the Biafran invasion was not justified. The war was between Nigeria and Biafra, and at no time did the Midwest declare that they've ceased to be part of Nigeria. Secondly, as Dede1 stated in one of his posts, when the Federal troops were using the Midwest as military launching pads from which to attack Biafra, no one attempted to kick them out of the Midwest on the account of this so-called neutrality.

Put yourself in the position of the Biafran soldiers and you'll see that they had no choice but to invade the Midwest. That they committed war crimes in the process is another matter entirely. Lets not try to revise history, complete honesty in discussing these matters is critical for the healing process.

My friend stop trying to be clever by half. BTW I fixed your post because you cannot cherry pick Dede1's key point/opinion/submission in his argument. Dede1 still challenges anyone to provide concrete proof that Biafran soldiers committed war crimes while in Midwest.

Let me help you rehash Dede1's position: Biafra invaded MD in response to Nigerian attacks from there; and while there, Biafran soldiers committed no war crimes.

You have to take it all or leave it all.
Olodo.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 3:32am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: ^
In the simplest terms, the Midwests declaration of neutrality was a real poke in Nigeria's eye. Where on Earth have you heard of a country at war, yet one of its states declares it is neutral?

You and I know that Dede's claims are a fallacy, I have already pointed out the jumble in dates against events that he presented. Attacks on Biafra came from Lagos until the Midwest invasion, after which the FG recaptured Excravos and began launching attacks from there.

The Midwest too was unhappy, but being made up of minorities was unsure and simply waiting.

Beaf just know that ndu_chucks ONLY interest in the story is the accusation of war crimes against Biafran soldiers in the MW incursion. He honestly doesn't care about anything else. His brother Murtala Muhammad committed one of worst war crimes DOCUMENTED during the war, when he lined up [b]thousand[/b]s of men and boys at Asaba and executed them. The crime is well documented, and maybe even the direct commanders are still alive.
He wants to equalize the genocide accusation on both sides.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 4:02am On May 27, 2012
Onlytruth:

Beaf just know that ndu_chucks ONLY interest in the story is the accusation of war crimes against Biafran soldiers in the MW incursion. He honestly doesn't care about anything else. His brother Murtala Muhammad committed one of worst war crimes DOCUMENTED during the war, when he lined up [b]thousand[/b]s of men and boys at Asaba and executed them. The crime is well documented, and maybe even the direct commanders are still alive.
He wants to equalize the genocide accusation on both sides.

His game is actually more sinister. People like him can read and manipulate the big picture. I created a list above that fairly describes the modus of ndu chucks clique. He knows that unity between SE/SS is the one dog that will bite back if kicked; with such unity, the use and blackmailing of US/UK interests will be neutralised. Right now, the only thing keeping these restive sections in check is ethnic blackmail.

You would be surprised at the extent to which US/UK dovetail with those of the ndu chukses of this World. They basically own the oil business and can also make oblique threats to join al qaeda if they aren't kept sweet. Except the SE/SS strongly assert themselves with a resoundingly strong voice, the US/UK always seek security/economic advantage by playing their antagonists against them. IMHO, the SE/SS are better friends to the US/UK than the core-Northern elite, they also bear the fruits that these interested parties wish to harvest (oil). So, why can we not build up to project that?

Dede is no doubt passionate about his people; he is also passionate about blaming minoriities to the point that the bigger picture is lost. For example, he mentioned the opening of a US consulate in Kano without thinking deeply about the Nigerian jigsaw and why things are really as they are; that is a micro example of how ethnic blackmail can become a selfmade prison, people focus so much on phantom enemies that they become blind to (or even promote) the schemes of the slave driver.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 4:20am On May 27, 2012
You guys are starting to derail a otherwise very informative thread by abandoning the issues for a more attractive attack of ndu_chucks. I will not indulge you people tonight. People who are reading the thread are not as daft as you expect.

My questions remain valid and my observations are sensible as all readers can tell. As we mature as a democracy, alliances become inevitable, as these alliances are formed, honesty about historical dynamics is always a positive thing. It is senseless to sweep these discussions under the rug. This thread is one of the first to harsh out what had otherwise been off the table and which had been a source of distrust among neighbors.

Onlytruth, if you have evidence of war crimes, take your case to the appropriate courts and stop whining online. War criminals should be punished, but not on NL.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 4:22am On May 27, 2012
^
Lol! We have 'kashed' di bushmeat! grin
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by nduchucks: 4:24am On May 27, 2012
Beaf: ^
Lol! We have 'kashed' di bushmeat! grin

What happened to your cordiality of a few hours ago? Something told me it wouldn't last very long. Okwute angry whaffi boys piafuka gi blokos.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ebere1712: 4:49am On May 27, 2012
Biafra fought a gentleman's war. They were busy being human while the rest of the world acted like uncivilised baboons. The problem we made was that we approached our enemies as if they were sane humans. It is not a sane world. Ojukwu shut down US, Russian and UK owned oil companies, this move alone is enough to influence all foreign policies against us. We are forgetting that the only reason this people are in Africa is because they think is a mine field. One stroke to make them reconsider their position is to attack their interests (oil). Unfortunately this move would involve destroying a lot of your own environment too. I will always insist that the first mistake we made was to assume that we might even have any allies, even when we had nothing in the table. The Nigerians put the oil fields of the Niger deltans (note it is not theirs but they offered easy and legible access to these resources) on the table and Biafra's faith was sealed. One of the first things to do when faced with a war is to identify your enemies. Biafra failed to do this. Yes Nigeria provided the enemy troops, but our most formidable enemies were (and still are) the so called world powers. In the long term, the only way we can really liberate Biafra is by continuously and diligently developing local defence technologies. In the short term, we must play the game. And the game is to always have something on the table. We have the advantage here, because the resources the world criminals are after are at our backyard. Make them disappear and you would see the criminals disappear (or appear to negotiate a better faith for you). Don't be deceived, there is no difference between the so called world powers and armed robbers. They use their weapons to steal your resources. You can't stop them because you don't have your own weapons. Remove (or booby-trap) the bag of gold in your house, and the armed robbers will never come back. If they don't come back, then you can control your destiny. Those ideots that think they won a war should answer one question. The winners of a war , take away a bounty right? where is your bounty Nigeria? I cannot overemphasize the bounty of the world criminals in Nigeria, they speak for themselves. So you effectively fought a war to destroy yourselves.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by valdubem(m): 6:11am On May 27, 2012
Logic Mind:

There you go again shouting like a castrated baboon with no substance.

Did your people fight during the war? Who did they fight?
Was your land used as base for Nigerian military?

Who did we execute exactly. If you want to know about execution, read up on Asaba massacre.

When Biafra went through mid west, Biafran soldiers did not commit any attrocities. Infact after reading what you posted, you should hide your head in shame and regret because most of you would wish that you have your republic of Benin today.

You bastard. A man without country. Biafra gave you a country and you threw it away, gave your women and your oil wells to abokis and you turn around and accuse us of your woes. Ungrateful nicompoops.

NL is full of people praying to their different gods for division and to have their own countries 45 years after Ojukwu started doing it.

Just listen to yourself speak: so there you were minding your own business and being docile and all and all of a sudden in comes muderous biafran troops executing you and giving you a country of your own. Then comes nigeria rexecuting you and taking your country away. And what did you do? did you retaliate? Did you chicken out? Did a an Yoruba r'.ape your ancestress to transfer cowardice and spirit of betrayal to you?

Now let's leave 1967 and come back to 2012. Where are you and what are you? Where are your riches gone to? Who owns you? What hope do your children have? You want bring mouth for igbos. We have always been and always will be better that you.

Cursed is your land
Cursed are your riches for you
Your inheritance is forever passed to strangers (abokis)

I spit on you and all you represent
I spit on your tribe and customs

Ojukwu was wrong to show you people kindness. The next generation of Biafrans are another breed.

FOOLS AT SIXTY[/sup][sup]

2 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by chuksvoice: 7:30am On May 27, 2012
naijira go survive, andrew dont give up naijira go better.
Andrew don wait so tey he don grow grey hair. Even andrew cant wait to see d end of this country. Sorry 4 naijiriya
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by remarkD(m): 11:03am On May 27, 2012
I am glad i read through the thread cause some things i hadbelieved/heard from that Omoiygi guy is wrong. i dont understand why he would make up a fake letter of Ojukwu... i mean, what point is he trying to prove. i respected his website, but now feel cheated. i am glad he was challenged to provide evidence by the NNWDC group...
and Fajuiyi didnt choose to die with Ironsi as has been propagated? Gees, i've believed so many lies sad
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 1:40pm On May 27, 2012
remark D: I am glad i read through the thread cause some things i hadbelieved/heard from that Omoiygi guy is wrong. i dont understand why he would make up a fake letter of Ojukwu... i mean, what point is he trying to prove. i respected his website, but now feel cheated. i am glad he was challenged to provide evidence by the NNWDC group...
and Fajuiyi didnt choose to die with Ironsi as has been propagated? Gees, i've believed so many lies sad

So with me. I believed a lot of lies for too long. Yoruba writers are not helping matters. They've been the only source of information for far too long. But internet is seriously challengin their strangle-hold on the source of information. Then they turned to the internet to propagate falsehood. Most of them here will be most willin to quote those falsehood online as fact whenever u debates with them. Nowadays, I find it hard to believe any Nigerian history I reads on the web. Below is an excerpt from the book 'Gowon' by J. Isawa Elaigwu. You can find it on page 65.

Isawa Elaigwu: On 29th July, Lt Walbe and Major Danjuma were in effective contact at the State House after the change of guards. It was then that both officers walked up to Ironsi, saluted, and brought both Ironsi and Fajuyi downstairs. they were handed over to Lt Walbe(by Major Danjuma) to take charge. Lt Walbe and his troops took the two men to an area of bush at Ibadan where they subjected Ironsi to questions about the January coup and the Northern leaders and officers who died then. From the accounts of those who were there, Ironsi played the part of a very good soldier. Contrary to many publications suggesting that he made confessions, there seem to be no evidence of such confessions.
Similarly there was no evidence that Fajuyi was killed because he interceded for his host or that he refused to 'abandon his guest,' as reported by some publications. He was reported to have been very scared, and had been one of those marked down for elimination. By the time Major Akahan phoned Gowon in Lagos and received instructions to ensure that nothing happened to Ironsi, it was late. Even Major Akahan and Major Danjuma(then at Ibadan) had lost control over their boys.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 2:30pm On May 27, 2012
ACM10:

So with me. I believed a lot of lies for too long. Yoruba writers are not helping matters. They've been the only source of information for far too long. But internet is seriously challengin their strangle-hold on the source of information. Then they turned to the internet to propagate falsehood. Most of them here will be most willin to quote those falsehood online as fact whenever u debates with them. Nowadays, I find it hard to believe any Nigerian history I reads on the web. Below is an excerpt from the book 'Gowon' by J. Isawa Elaigwu. You can find it on page 65.

[i][/i]Oh and i suppose ibo writers are are not also guilty of revisionism? The fact of the matter is , each

group will swallow info. that paints them in a good light. So, am i now suppose to accept biafran's version of events which

exonerates them of any wrongdoing?

If for instance, fajuyi was not killed because he offered to die with his boss, WHY THEN WAS HE EXECUTED along with Ironsi?

If it was because he was complicit in the jan 15th coup so then was Ironsi and Ojukwu who admitted (in one of his old

interviews), not remembering if he had pre-knowledge of the coup or not!Ojukwu is as cagey as hell!

In the meanwhile, you guys can continue with your "victim" game but the rest of us have moved on. No group in the country owes

the ibos, nada.

And am waiting patiently for ibo writers to provide their own evidence of the election won in western nigeria by the ibos in 1953.

Dede, over to you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Picture Of The Day! 1915 Crucifixion Of Armenian Christian Girls / Fashola And Sanwo-olu Commissions Power Project In Lagos State. PICTURES. / 1,000 Herd Of Cattle Invade Osun, Motorist, Shop Owners Flee On Seeing Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.