Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33488 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 11:07pm On May 25, 2012
It is in some people's interest that we forget.
We will never forget.
We hate nigeria and everything it represents.

This was gowon speaking in 1970:

"The so - called "Rising Sun of Biafra" is set for ever. It will be a great disservice for anyone to continue to use the word "Biafra" to refer to any part of the East Central State of Nigeria. The tragic chapter of violence is just ended. We are at the dawn of national reconciliation. Once again we have the opportunity to build a new nation. On our side, we fought the war with great caution, not in anger or hatred, but always in the hope that common sense would prevail. Many times we sought a negotiated settlement, not out of wickedness, but in order to minimize the problems of reintegration, reconciliation and reconstruction. We knew that however the war ended, in the battlefield or in the conference room, our brothers fighting under other colors must rejoin us and that we must together rebuild the nation anew. All Nigerians share the victory today. The victory for national unity, victory for hopes of Africans and black people everywhere. We mourn the dead heroes. We thank God for sparing us to see this glorious dawn of national reconciliation. We must seek His guidance to do our duty to contribute our quota to the building of a great nation, founded on the concerted efforts of all its people and on justice and equality. A nation never to return to the fractious, sterile and selfish debates that led to the tragic conflict just ending."

How wrong he was. How totally wrong he has ever been all his miserable life.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by TrueAfrican: 11:12pm On May 25, 2012
Hi Guys,

My friend is in the process of applying for funding to enable her found a Non-Profit to fight chronic diseases in Africa. This lady is an achiever. She has some great achievements to her name - (attained MSc at age 19, Co-founded a students' society that raised funds to provide mosquito nets for rural dwellers in Nigeria and Cameroun,she's a writer, a poet, and a scientist!). So you can be sure that when she wins, she will achieve what she has set out to do.

To win, she will need the support of well wishers of Nigeria and Africa. All you need to do to play a part in her victory is to click on the link

http://crs.applications.grandchallenges.ca/en/viewVideo/28735E6AA7EC3AA87E7E6B and register to vote. A link will be sent to your email to ensure that you only vote once. Click on that link and find Ebele's video on Application no. 234. Click the 'like' button. And your part is over! You may want to do more by helping convince your friends to vote. That will be going the extra mile.

Please help vote for Ebele. She's currently number 2 which is a great feat for a Nigerian (African) living abroad. All she needs now is our individual votes and, perhaps, a vote from at least one friend.

Help fight diseases in Africa! Vote Ebele!!

Many Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 11:13pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

You really have no leg to stand on.

I was talking of western Yoruba betrayers, and saboteurs from the minorities inside Biafra.

Where did I mention Midwesterners?

Do yourself a favour and stop these lies.

Please, do tell us, how did the yorubas betrayed the ibos?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 11:18pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

Please, do tell us, how did the yorubas betrayed the ibos?

Well documented. If you don't know about it, you shouldn't be commenting here.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 11:18pm On May 25, 2012
ak47mann: Thats the the truth spirit of Ndi Igbo: always moving from nothing to something thats why everything we touch turns gold. we can come to your backyard and dig out gold.... cool cool cool cool cool

Pity, you guys can't repeat the same feat in your OWN backyard
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 11:21pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

Pity, you guys can't repeat the same feat in your OWN backyard

we are already doing it our land got so many potentials have you forgotten?or you get short memories.........
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 11:26pm On May 25, 2012
ak47mann: we are already doing it our land got so many potentials have you forgotten?or you get short memories.........

Oh good and about bloody time too!

Does that mean we can expect to see a huge movement of ibos from my region to the "Land of the rising sun", shortly?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 11:28pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

Does that mean we can expect to see a huge movement of ibos from my region to the "Land of the rising sun", shortly?
you dont need our help when the time comes..............
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 11:28pm On May 25, 2012
T9ksy:

No igbo is in your land.
Lagos is not Yoruba land.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 11:39pm On May 25, 2012
ak47mann: you dont need our help when the time comes..............

We have NEVER needed ibo's help and we shall NEVER do. So you know what you can do with your unsolicited help.

Logic Mind:

No igbo is in your land.
Lagos is not Yoruba land.

Oh sorry, my bad!!!

Of course, Lagos is Iboland grin
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:07am On May 26, 2012
T9ksy:

We have NEVER needed ibo's help and we shall NEVER do. So you know what you can do with your unsolicited help.

Oh sorry, my bad!!!

Of course, Lagos is Iboland grin

So wetin concern you with igbos in lagos?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 12:35am On May 26, 2012
Logic Mind:

So wetin concern you with igbos in lagos?

nothing o!

However, when the time comes, everyone (in Lagos) will bear his/her father's name.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 12:38am On May 26, 2012
T9ksy:

nothing o!

Good. So shut up and mind your own business.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 1:04am On May 26, 2012
Logic Mind:

Good. So shut up and mind your own business.

If i don't, why don't you shut me up, then?So Lagos na ibo business?

Eventually you bloody ingrates will surely climb your tree beyond the leaves and that's when we shall definately give you

the "northern " treatment. That's when you 'll know that Lagos is not "no man's land".
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 1:19am On May 26, 2012
T9ksy:

If i don't, why don't you shut me up, then?So Lagos na ibo business?

Eventually you bloody ingrates will surely climb your tree beyond the leaves and that's when we shall definately give you

the "northern " treatment. That's when you 'll know that Lagos is not "no man's land".
are u awori??
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 1:29am On May 26, 2012
ak47mann: are u awori??

am ijebu!!! You nko? Are you awori?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 1:41am On May 26, 2012
T9ksy:

am ijebu!!! You nko? Are you awori?
ijebu people are migrant in Lagos now!!!! smiley smiley
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by T9ksy(m): 1:56am On May 26, 2012
ak47mann: ijebu people are migrant in Lagos now!!!! smiley smiley

Yeye man, so ijebus are migrants in Lagos?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 2:14am On May 26, 2012
shymmex: This beaf guy is a corny and deceitful guy.. You're an igbo guy who probably grew up in the SS - please, stop faking the funk... I don't know why you always include yoruboid groups in SS - in your SE/SS brotherhood charade.. It's boring now, speak for yourself, and how you're an igbo guy raised in Warri..

As for the topic, the issue has been overflogged on this forum... There was no victor, and no vanquish - please move on... And to those calling yoruba, cowards - atleast those cowardly yoruba chased you guys from Ore - back to biafra land, within a week.. cheesy If that's cowardly, I'm proud to be from a tribe of cowards... cool

gbammm gbammm resounding gbammm

I am just watching his game grin and how he is going to throw is master card tomorrow. LOL

BEAF is an Igbo man, Onye full grown Nwoke Igbo kwe

Let be deceiving himself, he is no mid-westerner. I don't have his time for now.

The dude is an ideeiot

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by aljharem(m): 2:16am On May 26, 2012
Tomorrow is ideeiot call Beaf would call Ojukwu a hero grin grin grin clearly insulting him here and his baifra project.

Only likes of Onlytruth and his igbo goons would be deceived anyway. I go get you time later
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Onlytruth(m): 2:58am On May 26, 2012
I didn't know that this thread would go past 4 pages. Well well.
Agbachakwa egwu o naa n'ukwu -every dance moves must culminate in hip movements.
I advised that we should leave revisiting the past as far as minority (especially the eastern ones) involvement in the war is concerned. My reason remains simple, and it seems that only few of my brothers understood it.
I love Ojukwu and would fight anyone dissing his legacy. I would also be foolish if I say that he was infallible. He was a man too.
The midwest incursion (as every good historian already knows) was a mistake and a miscalculation. Simple and short.

As for the Eastern minorities, as early as August 1966, there was already an Eastern consultative assembly formed to bring everybody on board in the East. It did not achieve much. The next in October of same year didn't achieve much also. There was no SOLID agreement in the East until the shooting war started, and there could not have been that agreement because there were Ijaw elements such as Dappa Biriye and Isaac Adaka Boko who were mentally allied with the Hausa/Fulani North, and there was nothing anyone could have done to persuade them otherwise. For me, after that assembly in 1966, I would have gone to seek an alliance with a STRONG foreign country who would agree to support Biafra with a naval and air force, knowing that these elements were already planning to sabotage Biafra.
If I couldn't get that foreign support, I would have dropped ALL plans of secession and called it a day.

Someone on this thread raised a strong point that southern groups were not Biafra's biggest threats initially. It was Hausa/Fulani. If Biafra had focused on them and dealt with them seriously, no southern element would have even thought about fighting Biafra. All these accusations and counter accusations to me sounds like nothing more than lame attempts at revisionism.
I warn my Igbo brothers to always think strategically.
When I hustle for international airports in SE, join me in that campaign and use the vigor you have wasted here to hustle along with me. Those are strategic investments. I wish you would give 10% of the energy you gave on this thread to such strategic efforts, instead of abandoning it, making it to look like an Onlytruth venture. Save your energy for efforts that would empower us. Campaign for worthy empowerment of our section of Nigeria. When we get empowered, all things shall be added onto us.
You cannot get that empowerment without international access. You are all keeping quiet when you see all the international airports located outside Igbo land. Tomorrow you will start complaining that those people did not join our efforts. When you plan a war, you put it WAY BEYOND THE REACH of failure. That is how we should be thinking, not cherry picking history and cutting and dicing fault-lines.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by OneNaira6: 4:05am On May 26, 2012
I still trying to understand how "will Nigeria break up turn into a civil war story-telling from both sides". Don't you people ever get tired of doing the same thing over and over again on this forum? No matter how much una argue, both sides will always hold onto their side of the history no matter what, there never be a meeting grounds. What use is it to argue over the same thing repeatedly knowing the result will be the same thing as it was last time una argued on that same subject. Na wa ooo!! una never get tired.

@ thread
The possibility is very high. I'm even praying for it everyday and every sunday. By the grace of God, it will happen
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by OneNaira6: 4:13am On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth: I often frown at "wholesale attacks" against southern minorities on the civil war issue, especially EASTERN minorities, because people like [b]Dede1 should know better about the TRUTH of what happened back then.
Careytommy for example is from Akwa ibom state, and a HUGE chunk of the people from there fought for Biafra and suffered alongside other Biafrans. The Biafran second in command was an Ibibio man. No twisting of history can ever change that. The attack on Careytommy was uncalled for. [/b]

As for bbreye, the Ijaw were split too (especially the Eastern Ijaw), so I cannot tongue lash him either.
I wish my brother Dede1 would calm down for once about his views on these groups.
As for the Mid-west, I believe that Biafra failed to do a good job BEFORE the war. The incursion by Biafran special forces (the S- Brigade) was only a defensive offense (after the war had already started), so that is understandable. The strategic damage was done BEFORE the war. Let no one forget that, lest a mistake is repeated.

Every Biafran adult (anyone above 18 years during the war) should make it a DUTY to be very honest about what happened during the war. Today's Nigerian politics shouldn't make anyone twist facts.
I've said my peace.

I agree. My close friend grandfather was an ex-biafran solider therefore I don't think it's right accusing all minorities as betrayers. Its slap to those that fought along side of you by accusing all. IMHO.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by OneNaira6: 4:21am On May 26, 2012
kinnex: Seriously, I hate to see Nigeria break-up, abi na split-up.. But if its the way to experience d much desired sanity.. Let's go there..
[img]http://3.bp..com/-jHMA-5DsTUQ/Ty_kDyppy5I/AAAAAAAAAeQ/m7loi1_lNH4/s1600/418298_2298146911820_1793557480_1386001_781800798_n.jpg[/img]

I've always been in support of Niger-delta republic but don't turn my support into hatred. Why drag anioma and even onitsha into the new nation? Ontisha is not even part of delta, don't be greedy. Asaba is going with the rest of Igbo people. Unless SE Igbo kick us out or una wipe asabians and the rest of anioma out and replace it with other groups is the only way that map will work. Don't be greedy, I support the creation but don't drag my people into it.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 4:23am On May 26, 2012
NIGERIA IS STRONGER, BETTER AND MORE INFLUENTIAL TOGETHER THAN BROKEN UP!!!
STAY TOGETHER; UNITED IN LOVE AND JUSTICE.

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 5:19am On May 26, 2012
hitechmax: NIGERIA IS STRONGER, BETTER AND MORE INFLUENTIAL TOGETHER THAN BROKEN UP!!!
STAY TOGETHER; UNITED IN LOVE AND JUSTICE.
if your environment being destroyed and your children cant go to school and your farming industry destroyed i bet you, you will never repeat that word again cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzFufRoTWEs

In 2008 an oil pipeline owned by Shell, failed and began spilling oil in Bodo Creek. Oil kept pouring out for more than two months before it was repaired. By then, many of the 70.000 people living in Bodo village had lost an important means of livelihood.
The pollution killed much of the marine life in the river.
Without the ability to fish the community of Bodo has become impoverished.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 5:32am On May 26, 2012
OGONI in Niger delta UN says it will cost 1billion dollars and it will take shell 30 years to clean up the oil pollution in the area...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmI3xjZk_y0

most of us will be in our sixties some late sixties by then,may be your grand children will have a chance to see clean water after 30yrs...........hmmmmmmmmmm......life is a b.i.t.c.h..............
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:34am On May 26, 2012
I think some of our Igbo elders on this forum need to go on sabatical leave from this forum for a while;at least 6 months.this thread is not about the civil war.at this period,we need to continue building on the good relationship which we already have with our niger delta brothers.after the breakup of nigeria,we can always have a truth and reconciliation commission.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 6:53am On May 26, 2012
ACM10: The fact remains that minority groups are what iz keepin Nigeria united. They are willin toolz in the hands of those that aims to keep the country united. Minorities are very scared of the breakup of this country because they know that they cannot unite to form a country of their own. Their blind patriotizm to Nigerian entity iz borne out of the fear of the unknown. They fear what will become their fate if the entity called Nigeria ceases to exist. Thatz why they are the only group that clamoured for the unitary system of government with strong centre in 1967 conference. If the fear of the minorities are not properly attended to. I don't forsee any scenario of peaceful separation
you are 100% correct.the minorities in middle belt cannot speak with one voice and they have little in common.the SS is similar to the middle belt in some ways. benue,plateau,kogi kwara,niger are ideologically different and it is impossible for the entire middle belt to split together and form a nation of their own.the middle belters have the fear of arewa hanging on their necks so they see the continues presence of the Igbo ,Yoruba and SS groups as necessary for their safety and self-preservation.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 9:20am On May 26, 2012
Onlytruth: I didn't know that this thread would go past 4 pages. Well well.
Agbachakwa egwu o naa n'ukwu -every dance moves must culminate in hip movements.
I advised that we should leave revisiting the past as far as minority (especially the eastern ones) involvement in the war is concerned. My reason remains simple, and it seems that only few of my brothers understood it.
I love Ojukwu and would fight anyone dissing his legacy. I would also be foolish if I say that he was infallible. He was a man too.
The midwest incursion (as every good historian already knows) was a mistake and a miscalculation. Simple and short.

As for the Eastern minorities, as early as August 1966, there was already an Eastern consultative assembly formed to bring everybody on board in the East. It did not achieve much. The next in October of same year didn't achieve much also. There was no SOLID agreement in the East until the shooting war started, and there could not have been that agreement because there were Ijaw elements such as Dappa Biriye and Isaac Adaka Boko who were mentally allied with the Hausa/Fulani North, and there was nothing anyone could have done to persuade them otherwise. For me, after that assembly in 1966, I would have gone to seek an alliance with a STRONG foreign country who would agree to support Biafra with a naval and air force, knowing that these elements were already planning to sabotage Biafra.
If I couldn't get that foreign support, I would have dropped ALL plans of secession and called it a day.

Someone on this thread raised a strong point that southern groups were not Biafra's biggest threats initially. It was Hausa/Fulani. If Biafra had focused on them and dealt with them seriously, no southern element would have even thought about fighting Biafra. All these accusations and counter accusations to me sounds like nothing more than lame attempts at revisionism.
I warn my Igbo brothers to always think strategically.
When I hustle for international airports in SE, join me in that campaign and use the vigor you have wasted here to hustle along with me. Those are strategic investments. I wish you would give 10% of the energy you gave on this thread to such strategic efforts, instead of abandoning it, making it to look like an Onlytruth venture. Save your energy for efforts that would empower us. Campaign for worthy empowerment of our section of Nigeria. When we get empowered, all things shall be added onto us.
You cannot get that empowerment without international access. You are all keeping quiet when you see all the international airports located outside Igbo land. Tomorrow you will start complaining that those people did not join our efforts. When you plan a war, you put it WAY BEYOND THE REACH of failure. That is how we should be thinking, not cherry picking history and cutting and dicing fault-lines.

I agree with most of your comments here. All the books that I've read pointed out that midwest incursion wz a military success, but a political and diplomatic blunder. But I disagree. The midwest incursion wz a resoundin failure from any angle one intends to view it from. It squandered the goodwill that other Nigerians has for us after the massacre. We were not invited by them. As a matter of fact, we were seen as an invadin force. I cannot vouch for the behaviour of our troops in their desperate attempt to pacify the restive populace of those region. The midwest incursion wasted our scarce resources that could have been tapped to defend the homeland effectively. I wonder how we could be able to maintain our hold on the areas we captured without expozin our rear to attack. Had it been that we ended up capturin Lagos, Nigerians counterattack would have left our troops isolated with their supply lines cut off. I can never really say what wz our real aim in invadin Lagos.
It will be an act of sheer dishonesty if we continue to hound the minorities in our midst for the roles they played durin the war. We must look inward to find the reason why we lost the civil war. We should also remember that a sizeable portion of those minorities fought, bled and died with us. So why should we blame them for the actionz of few of them? Inasmuch as I revere Ojukwu, I must state it here that the mistake that cost us the war lies in his hand or that of his advisers or both. The fact that Nigerians were able to convince the bitter enemies of Britain and Soviet Union to back them iz enough for me to question the quality of the diplomatic corps at Ojukwu's disposal. The minorities weren't left with much choice. Either they team up with Nigerians or were massacred. Either way, Nigeria will still win the war. Like Onlytruth said, let us concentrate and reform our homeland and set it on the path to progress. Our success will be enough to convince them to identify with us.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by webmpro(m): 9:31am On May 26, 2012
Is GEJ truely the last Nigerian president like some experts had said?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

El-Rufai, Buhari & Other APC Chieftains Laughing (Photo) / S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard / Kaduna Inland Dry Port To Be Commissioned By President Buhari On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.