Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? (33573 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 25, 2012
[size=11pt][/size] AS THE ORIGINATOR OF THIS THREAD, THIS IS MY VERDICT: THOSE IN SUPPORT OF NIGERDELTA REPUBLIC SAY AIIIII... THOSE AGAINST SAY NAY, AND FINALLY THOSE IN SUPPORT OF THE ABOKI'S U HAVE NOTHING TO SAY, SO FIND THE NEAREST TRANSFORMER AND GIVE IT A BIG HUG! NIGERIA IS HEADING FOR DIVISION... COS ONE PERSON IS COLLECTING 90 MILLION EVERY MONTH AS SECURITY VOTE!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2012
Igbinosa is specifically a Bini name meaning God is my protector. He came from Lagos to Benin to get the boats. There is no one claiming he was a Midwestern region officer or that he was not directly under Gowon. He was obviously picked to go to the Midwest because of his origin.

Now has it occured to you that if Ejoor did not attempt to get Igbinosa and whoever else was with Igbinosa to come back and did not confront Nwawo and Igboba about an officer he was expecting, then maybe he either a) was not aware of a specific plan to take boats to Bonny in the first place without being informed by Igbinosa who he was prevented from seeing or b) he found out that Igbinosa had been turned back but did not want to alienate the Igbo population or Igbo soldiers of the Midwest and actually see to it that Igbinosa was brought back to take the boats to Bonny because he felt that was not a neutral enough course of action?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 25, 2012
re@lchange:
again if biafran forces defeated aboki soldiers in middle belt area
adaka boro would have run away and stay away together with his papa dapa biriye

all these tell me that aboki was the real problem, not minorities or even yoruba

anyway make una continue de debate
i don go be dat

The only sensible igbo guy on the thread!!! cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Dede1(m): 10:07pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

26 July 1968 cool
That is when the assault on Bonny occurred.

The 3rd Marina Commando was formed AFTER Biafra had been driven back from Benin. It was formed from units of the Lagos Garrison and greatly bolstered by local recruitment. They went on to capture "Escravos, Burutu, Urhonigbe, Owa and Aladima. They captured Bomadi [/b]and [b]Patani, Youngtown, Koko, Sapele, Ajagbodudu, Warri, Ughelli, Orerokpe, Umutu and Itagba" from Biafra: http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui32.htm

Dude, you are very funny indeed. Please stop messing with these backwater authors who knew nothing next to their noses. Owerri had fallen to Nigerian troops in 1968 talk less of Ubani (Boony).

1 Like

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 25, 2012
chima12: Question:will nigeria breakup by 2015?
Answer:YES
Question:into how many countries will nigeria breakup?
Answer:3 or 4
Question:which countries are likely to breakout from nigeria?
Answer:the following possibilities may occur
1. Along the lines of the old northern and southern protectorates.but this is very unlikely.my opinion.
2. Along the lines of northern,western and eastern region.if these were the 1980s,this number 2 is a possibility but in this 21st century, you cant be so sure,the old bendel region and SS groups within the old eastern region will always have a say.
3. Oduduwa republic,Biafra,Arewa republic.middle belt will be a flash point if it goes this way.
4. Biafra alone breaks out from nigeria.the breakup of nigeria will certainly not end there.will the people of southern kaduna,plateau,benue,taraba agree to stay on in nigeria once Biafra has left?how about the oduduwas,will it still be one nigeria for them?
5. Niger-delta republic to break up from nigeria.will they carry Imo,Abia and Ondo along and leave nigeria?
Are the efiks,ibibios,uhrobo and other SS tribes part of any vision for ND republic or is it just an Ijaw thing?
6. The ijaws alone breakout from nigeria. Is it possible?
Question:what is the solution to nigerias problems?
Answer:the only solution to nigerias problems is BREAKUP of nigeria.

by your name, one concludes that you are igbo
do you envisage a scenario whereby igboland is ceded to the so called niger delta republic
na wa for you o
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

My broda, these are some of the difficult questions that will expose the truth of what really happened in the Midwest.
Biafra made a huge mistake with the Midwest incursion, some people are arguing that they had to get to Lagos. But did they, and for what?
These are strategic blunders that caused bad blood at the time.

Before these blunders, Biafra faced only highly useless troops who were mainly Hausa. These people attacked repeatedly through the Middle Belt and were made to feel sorry and silly repeatedly by Biafra. So the question is, what was the need to move through the Midwest? That energy should have been spent building alliances instead; I will repeat again that the Midwest had just angrily left the Western Region and was packed with unhappy minorities. That opportunity for a strong and independent Western neigbouring ally was not siezed.

Without the invasion of the Midwest and with better planning, Biafra would easily have won the war. There was no point opening a new front and for that matter, one with immensely strategic access to the sea which Biafra did not control.

Fam, stop spreading falsehood - the creation of mid-west was political.. Focus on the topic at end... The mid-west was treated with utmost respect when it was part of the western region...
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by amosy007: 10:10pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

but aboki loves you very much. enjoy the aboki love. mumu.
nanamu u can hug wet transformer if u like.. Buh it doesnt change d fact that u people are full of hate.. Sholve that in to skinny blackbutt
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 10:10pm On May 25, 2012
shymmex: I'm proud to be from a tribe of cowards... cool

Na you say am o.

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Na you say am o.

Stop taking my words out of context, you bigoted slowpoke..

Get a freaking life, sanctimonious fool. Blame everyone for your woes but yourself...

3 Likes

Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by amosy007: 10:13pm On May 25, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Will you stop it already and crawl back into the sewer you crawled out of?! We hashed this out already. You are not and have never been Edo you shameless demon.
dude i dnt have ur time.. go and mop red sea
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 10:14pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf: ^

Dede is deliberately mixing up dates and events to fit into a moribund argument.
It is safe to conclude that even he has seen the folly in the continued propagation of the wicked falsehood that the Midwest "betrayed" Biafra.

Beaf, I ask you again: Who said that midwest betrayed Biafra?
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2012
amosy007:
dude i dnt have ur time.. go and mop red sea

But you have time to pretend to be an ethnicity that you're not online? Go fvck yourself.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:17pm On May 25, 2012
Dede1:

Dude, you are very funny indeed. Please stop messing with these backwater authors who knew nothing next to their noses. Owerri had fallen to Nigerian troops in 1968 talk less of Ubani (Boony).

No, sir. Your account is faulty.
Firstly, before the Midwest occupation, the Lagos Garrison Organization (LGO) carried out attacks from Lagos, not from Excravos.
In fact, Excravos had to be liberated from Biafra before the 3rd Marine Commando could use it. Bonny was attacked from Excravos on 26 July 1968.

As I said earlier, your sequence of dates and events are mixed up.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by PhysicsQED(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2012
I've got stuff to do. I'll check on the thread later and maybe I'll reply if I see something interesting. I told myself I would avoid any more civil war threads so even being on this thread right now discussing the same stuff is a violation of that and I don't like discussing the same stuff over and over and not making any headway.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 10:22pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

26 July [size=13pt]1968[/size] cool

The 3rd Marina Commando was formed AFTER Biafra had been driven back from Benin. It was formed from units of the Lagos Garrison and greatly bolstered by local recruitment. They went on to capture "Escravos, Burutu, Urhonigbe, Owa and Aladima. They captured Bomadi [/b]and [b]Patani, Youngtown, Koko, Sapele, Ajagbodudu, Warri, Ughelli, Orerokpe, Umutu and Itagba" from Biafra: http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui32.htm

This post has singularly shown your stoopidity and lies.
3rd Marine Commando led by Major Isaac Adaka Boro captured the Niger Delta cities of Bonny on 26 July [size=18pt]1967[/size]!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:23pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Beaf, I ask you again: Who said that midwest betrayed Biafra?

I think you are suffering from brain f[i]a[/i]g.

Logic Mind: By the Holy Grace of Amadioha, Biafra shall be free of northern oppressors, western betrayers [/b]and neighbourly [b]saboteurs!
Iseee!

Logic Mind:

Which one is tall tale? Southern minorities were the first group to fall. Nigerian soldiers turned them and used them effectively against their biafran homeland. The rest of biafra fell back and held out for 2 years. When the guns ceased in 1970, free biafrans understood that their brothers who were under enemy occupation may have had to do abominable things in the war in order to survive. It would have stayed at that, however these "minorities" started showing their true colours. Chasing away their fighting biafran brothers and confiscating their properties. How can you take your brother's house who went to fight for your freedom? Biafrans thus understood that the betrayal may not have been compelled but that these so called "brothers" willingly [b]sabotaged [/b]their country's war efforts in other to occupy their brother's houses.
Well, abokis are enjoying your oil, so I hope you are at least enjoying those "abandoned" properties.
Next Biafran effort will be different.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 10:24pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

26 July [size=13pt]1968[/size] cool
I totally disagree with you. There has been some engagement between forces under Adekunle command and Biafran forces as early as 1967. I alwayz have problem with most info from dawodu site. I call them "hack writers".

Beaf:
The 3rd Marina Commando was formed AFTER Biafra had been driven back from Benin.
This is another masterpiece sh1yt from that accursed site
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by jason123: 10:25pm On May 25, 2012
chima12: Question:will nigeria breakup by 2015?
Answer:YES
Question:into how many countries will nigeria breakup?
Answer:3 or 4
Question:which countries are likely to breakout from nigeria?
Answer:the following possibilities may occur
1. Along the lines of the old northern and southern protectorates.but this is very unlikely.my opinion.
2. Along the lines of northern,western and eastern region.if these were the 1980s,this number 2 is a possibility but in this 21st century, you cant be so sure,the old bendel region and SS groups within the old eastern region will always have a say.
3. Oduduwa republic,Biafra,Arewa republic.middle belt will be a flash point if it goes this way.
4. Biafra alone breaks out from nigeria.the breakup of nigeria will certainly not end there.will the people of southern kaduna,plateau,benue,taraba agree to stay on in nigeria once Biafra has left?how about the oduduwas,will it still be one nigeria for them?
5. Niger-delta republic to break up from nigeria.will they carry Imo,Abia and Ondo along and leave nigeria?
Are the efiks,ibibios,uhrobo and other SS tribes part of any vision for ND republic or is it just an Ijaw thing?
6. The ijaws alone breakout from nigeria. Is it possible?
Question:what is the solution to nigerias problems?
Answer:the only solution to nigerias problems is BREAKUP of nigeria.

That is the koko of the matter, not this civil war stuff. I don tire to dey talk about am.
Here are my predictions:

1) If there is a BREAK UP AT ALL, it will be North and South with SOME PARTS of the Middle belt!
Reasons: (1) A Niger-delta republic is simply based on OIL! Nothing else will unite us.
(2) I am of the opinion that every smaller group (I HATE THE WORD "minority"wink, if given the chance, will do what the larger groups do I.E Oppress their neighbour. Take a look at Ijaw and Itsekiri violent past.
(3) Igbos will not let go of Port-Harcourt (access to sea) neither will the Yorubas let go of the Ilajes and Itsekiris (check their websites, and I don't see Itsekiris fighting the Yorubas. FACT)

2) Multiple countries, that is, over 70 countries.
Reasons: (1) No smaller group likes the idea of being lumped with Larger groups
(2) Lets use this example. Oba of Benin will not want to lose the anioma part of Igbo land likewise the Ekiti and Ondo parts, to the Igbos and Yorubas respectively. Therefore, they (Edos peeps) rather stick together and form their own country. . . .

With these scenarios, I'll go for Southern Nigeria!!!!
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 10:26pm On May 25, 2012
shymmex:

Stop taking my words out of context, you bigoted slowpoke..

Get a freaking life, sanctimonious fool. Blame everyone for your woes but yourself...

Please calm down.
drink some soup.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 10:30pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

I think you are suffering from brain f[i]a[/i]g.

You really have no leg to stand on.

I was talking of western Yoruba betrayers, and saboteurs from the minorities inside Biafra.

Where did I mention Midwesterners?

Do yourself a favour and stop these lies.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:31pm On May 25, 2012
ACM10:
I totally disagree with you. There has been some engagement between forces under Adekunle command and Biafran forces as early as 1967. I alwayz have problem with most info from dawodu site. I call them "hack writers".

If you check what I said carefully, you will see that Adekunle initially attacked from Lagos, not Excravos. Indeed Adekunle siezed Excravos from Biafra. This puntures Dede's tale that attacks were launched from Excravos before the invasion of the Midwest.

The first operation from Excravos on Bonny was launched in 1968. The previous ones came from lagos.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 25, 2012
re@lchange:

by your name, one concludes that you are igbo
do you envisage a scenario whereby igboland is ceded to the so called niger delta republic
na wa for you o
bros no vex,am just asking questions and trying to sound impartial,Igboland cannot be ceeded to any body.I personally dont think ND republic is possible.just looking at scenarios based on the title of this thread.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by amosy007: 10:35pm On May 25, 2012
PhysicsQED:

But you have time to pretend to be an ethnicity that you're not online? Go fvck yourself.
guy u have a problem sha!
Do u tink everyone will be as fake as u?
It takes fake mofos to be suspicious of other people.. Well like have told u b4... I dnt have anytin to proof to u and other dumbskull abt my identity.. So if u ave problem with it.. Then get urself a mopping stick and go straight to red sea and mop it dry or beta still, go and show phcn sum love... Hug a wet transformer *that should solve ur problem*
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:37pm On May 25, 2012
@ACM10

This is a clearer sequence of events leading to the federal presence in Excravos:

By the 12th of July the 2nd Bde had captured Obudu, Gakem, and Ogoja. A second front, the southern sector was opened on the 26 July, 1967 by a sea landing on Bonny by a division formed from the Lagos Garrison Organization (LGO). With the support of the Navy, the division established a beach head and exploited north after a fierce sea and land battle. On 8th August 1967, Biafra invaded the former Mid - Western Region with the aim to relieve the pressure on the northern sector and to threaten Lagos, the Federal Capital. While the LGO was making preparations for subsequent operations beyond Bonny, the news of the rebel infiltration into the Mid - West was passed to the commander who was then instructed to leave a battalion in Bonny, suspend all operations there and move to Escravos with two battalions with a view to dislodging the rebels and clearing the riverine area of the Mid - West. These moves were carried out with the support of the Nigerian Navy and the merchant of the National Shipping Line. Another division was formed to support the LGO in the clearing of the Mid - West of the rebels. At this point, the formations were redesignated 1 Area Command became 1 Infantry Division, the newly division was designated 2 Infantry Division, and the LGO became the 3 Infantry Division. And with this the "police action" turned into a full scale military operation.

By the end of September 1969, a substantial part of the Mid - West had been cleared of the rebels. The commander of the 3 Infantry Division secured permission to change the designation of his formation to 3 Marine Commando because of the peculiarly riverine and creek operations already carried out by the division. This was the first time something in the resemblance of a Marine organization was tried in the history of the Nigerian Army. The division was not trained In amphibious operations. Infact the troops were made up of the soldiers of the Lagos Garrison Organization (LGO), the administrative establishment for the Federal capital. However, with some crash training, the division became the most feared and successful throughout the war.

http://www.africamasterweb.com/BiafranWarCauses.html

The Nigerian Civil War, Causes, Strategies, And Lessons Learnt
By Major Abubakar A. Atofarati: CSC 1992
Student: US Marine Command & Staff College(Academic Year 1991/92)
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ACM10: 10:39pm On May 25, 2012
The fact remains that minority groups are what iz keepin Nigeria united. They are willin toolz in the hands of those that aims to keep the country united. Minorities are very scared of the breakup of this country because they know that they cannot unite to form a country of their own. Their blind patriotizm to Nigerian entity iz borne out of the fear of the unknown. They fear what will become their fate if the entity called Nigeria ceases to exist. Thatz why they are the only group that clamoured for the unitary system of government with strong centre in 1967 conference. If the fear of the minorities are not properly attended to. I don't forsee any scenario of peaceful separation
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:44pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

You really have no leg to stand on.

I was talking of western Yoruba betrayers, and saboteurs from the minorities inside Biafra.

Where did I mention Midwesterners?

Do yourself a favour and stop these lies.

How can something inside Biafra be a neighbour? shocked
Maybe you are too daft to know the meaning of neighbour:

Logic Mind: By the Holy Grace of Amadioha, Biafra shall be free of northern oppressors, western betrayers and neighbourly saboteurs!
Iseee!

I responded to your raw hatred. Tellingly, I was not the only one.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by LogicMind: 10:49pm On May 25, 2012
Beaf:

How can something inside Biafra be a neighbour? shocked
Maybe you are too daft to know the meaning of neighbour:

Even if it means you, I said saboteurs, not betrayers.
Then it doesn't mean you because you cannot sabotage what you are not part of.
I was speaking of the then Biafran minorities who would be our neighbours when the New Biafra materialises.
They call themselves many things today like MASOP or MEND so I no longer consider them Biafrans but neighbours.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:51pm On May 25, 2012
ACM10: The fact remains that minority groups are what iz keepin Nigeria united. They are willin toolz in the hands of those that aims to keep the country united. Minorities are very scared of the breakup of this country because they know that they cannot unite to form a country of their own. Their blind patriotizm to Nigerian entity iz borne out of the fear of the unknown. They fear what will become their fate if the entity called Nigeria ceases to exist. Thatz why they are the only group that clamoured for the unitary system of government with strong centre in 1967 conference. If the fear of the minorities are not properly attended to. I don't forsee any scenario of peaceful separation

The first bolded is not true. The minorities just want an equal playing field and guarantees that no one will try to bully them.
I agree with the second bolded. It is a very far reaching statement thats fit to be a thread in its own right.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Beaf: 10:55pm On May 25, 2012
Logic Mind:

Even if it means you, I said saboteurs, not betrayers.
Then it doesn't mean you because you cannot sabotage what you are not part of.
I was speaking of the then Biafran minorities who would be our neighbours when the New Biafra materialises.
They call themselves many things today like MASOP or MEND so I no longer consider them Biafrans but neighbours.

Stop confusing yourself with words whose connotations and meanings are unfamiliar to you.
Also, last time I checked, many Isoko's Urhobo's and Ilaje's were in MEND (even a couple of Igbo's). It seems there are many things you don't know.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by ak47mann(m): 10:59pm On May 25, 2012
All i can say is that the truth is like a pregnant woman you cant hide it,some minorities joined Nigeria against BIAFRA and some fought on biafran side some were stock in the middle some lead Nigerian soldiers through the creeks that way,biafran territories was Usurped.Let leave the minorities out of it they say so many things and reasons why they fought BIAFRA,but they forget to tell us what they now gain from Nigeria since then.I can excuse the SS people especially the ones now in delta state even rivers were worst by taking over our properties in PH and so on which my family house was affected but live goes on GOD blessed my popsy with more and more properties but the fundamental principles igbos have concerning the welfare of their future is what kept us going till today.

looking at Nigeria currently, they say any man GOD has bless no one can curse,when you look very deep u will see that the Igbos made the greatest comeback of all times. from 20 pounds in 1970 to multi billion dollars investments scattered all over the world. the people that destroyed our homes, killed our mothers and children are been ravaged by extreme poverty and they now perform menial jobs for us. Thats the the truth spirit of Ndi Igbo: always moving from nothing to something thats why everything we touch turns gold. we can come to your backyard and dig out gold.... cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 25, 2012
I personally think there is so much revisionism when it comes to anything that has do with the history of nigeria and the civil war;that is why I dont get interested in certain debates.some of you guys may be making reference to authors who cooked up lies and sold them as best sellers;but it is not your fault.I think if we can stick to the title of this thread,that would be nice.
Re: Will Nigeria Break Up By 2015? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 25, 2012
chima12: I personally think there is so much revisionism when it comes to anything that has do with the history of nigeria and the civil war;that is why I dont get interested in certain debates.some of you guys may be making reference to authors who cooked up lies and sold them as best sellers;but it is not your fault.I think if we can stick to the title of this thread,that would be nice.

gbam
supported
too much venom is flying around
where do we go from here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Zuma To A State Banquet; Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu Joins / Adamawa: The Declaration Of Binani As Winner By The REC Is Void - INEC / Photos From Florence Ita-Giwa's 70th Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.