Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience (75500 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / Why Are Nigerians Tagged "Bad" In Most Foreign Countries. / Life In The Usa As A Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 1:27pm On Jun 21, 2011
osarodon:

@Vicjustice,

For your post that your started since November 18, 2007, 05:54 PM to still be running
it shows that it makes a lot of sense to many people and some were only pretending.

Brother continue your good work.Since you leave in Ireland I will like to dicuss some
personal stuffs with you, you can buzz me: osarodon@yahoo.com because I don't want
evil minded agent here to take advantage of things.
Dear, i appreciate your interest to correspond with me privately, but i'm of the opinion that whatever it is that you desire to know personally might be more beneficial to others if shared. Also, remember that, though i might have experience and knowledge of some issues, but yet that doesn't make me know all things as i sometimes find myself relying on the contributions of other members of this site on some matters or questions that i don't have an answer to.
Remember, no one can take advantage of you if you don't allow the room for the advantage. So, in all honesty, i'd rather you state your intention here as this is what the forum is meant for; but if however you still think you need to talk to me personally, then confirm so, and i may be willing to make it up to you.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by osarodon(m): 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
@Vicjustice,

Thanks for your wonderful response, but I will appreciate if what I want to dicuss with you is made private.
You understand there are certain things for public/private discussion,
You can run through my previous post to confirm my kind of person in case you are indoubt about my person.
Thanks as I await your response or email.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Gbenge77(m): 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2011
@vicjustice,you be ajalatravel oh.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by 1WORLD1(m): 4:00am On Jun 22, 2011
Hello every body can any one help out with a cheaper ticket from Nigeria to Brazil for group travelers?

We have used Emirate which will have to stop at Dubai before going to Brazil,
We have used South Africa Airline which will also stop at South Africa before moving on
We used Turkish Airline once they also stop at Turkey before moving to Brazil. and Copa air, that will stop at Panama before going to Brazil presently all these are too expensive
Am looking for some other route for the group. I don't mind any West Africa countries, that is From Nigeria to the West Africa Country and from there straight to Brazil.

please is you have any info concerning this contact immediately

ADENIYI SOLA BUNMI
Business Development Manager

LEARNING IS LIVING ENTERPRISES - AFRICA
100, Obafemi Awolowo Way
Beside, Fan Milk, Opp Intercontinental Bank.
Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria, Africa
Telephone : +2348065220074
Email: sola@learningisliving.ca
Email: infoafrica@learningisliving.ca
www.Learningisliving.ca
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by osarodon(m): 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2011
@Vicjustice,

Thanks, I have just sent you the email.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ibudes: 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2011
Hello
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by wishlolia(f): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2011
Gbenge 77:

@vicjustice,you be ajalatravel oh.
So many mentions of "Ajala" in this thread. Is Ajala the same as travel, i mean, does Ajala mean travel in Yoruba language?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by izzzE(m): 3:17am On Nov 10, 2011
@vicjustice, i really enjoyed ur thread. it the good work going.
Anyway, i want to find out about Norway, cos i was told its not an Eu zone and it belongs to schengen . and there are restrictions. pls i need u to explain this to me, thanks for the reply
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by SapeleDon: 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2011
@Vicjustice thanks for your write up and contrary to what a lot of detractors have written about what i will call your personal travel experience,you basically have hit the nail on the head.

First,and this very important and that is anybody travelling abroad should travel on legitimate papers and in doing this save yourself the hassle of getting the rough treatments from the host country(immigration/police/job discrimination)but sometimes,even with your legitimate papers you still get hostile reception from the locals who in most cases are not happy that most of the lucrative jobs are taken by those considered to be "foreigners" and this is mostly common in the non English speaking European countries and that is why i will never advice anybody to travel to a country where LANGUAGE is a barrier.

I say this as you have to start basically from the scratch I.E learn their language(s) and ways to be fully accepted and integrated into their society.

Comfortability/condition of living in a foreign is subject to different interpretations by different interpretees but the bottom line is no matter how comfortable or integrated one is a foreign land,there is that secret yearnings in the most inner recesses of our minds that we wish we were back home(Nigeria)surrounded by our loved ones,in a familiar terrain and with people with same culture and so this tells me that there is no place like home.

I have read a lot of the commentaries here and find some really educative,others bordered on tribal sentiments,some outrightly funny and some just plainly ignorant as people find it hard to accept the truth and the harsh day to day reality of life Nigerian's in the diaspora face.

@Vicjustice there is a saying in the Eastern part of Nigeria(i am from Sapele Delta State before the tribal Warlords start finding faults in my quote)which goes thus TRAVELLING IS PART OF EDUCATION and for that i take you as an enlightened man.

Let me start from the UK where i did my Post-Graduate study and worked some years ago. I still think the UK is the most diificult place to live in as a Nigerian in Europe for one simple reason and that is the OVER POPULATION OF NIGERIAN'S there and this has its UPS and DOWN side. It is very difficult to see Nigerian's in the UK not sharing a flat,most two bedrooms have 3 families living in it(the living room is converted into a living quarter),especially those living in London as it too expensive to get one to yourself and the toilet cleaning and kitchen sharing arrangement?simply pathetic. Accomodations are a little cheaper for those living in cities outside london but the UK still have one of the most draconian tax system in the world and i think the only thing you don't get taxed for is for going to the toilet.

This guys tax you for having a TV(tv licence),you pay congestion charges for driving through some parts of the city,cant park your car anywhere and most annoying is it is difficult getting a good job there no matter how educated you are so most educated Nigerian's there have taken to HUSTLING(Yahoo/Drugs),cleaning of toilets(KPEKE and this is mostly done by illegal immigrants),Security Guards(my friend who has two Masters Degree from the UK does that now for lack of a Job and the hours/shifts he gets barely sustains him). Far in between you run across Nigerian's who have their own business and doing well or those with good jobs but it is not common anymore.

Life in the United Kingdom could best be termed a FACE-ME-I FACE-YOU life.

@ineh, France is cool and Paris is fun and i use to joke with a friend of mine that Paris is the only place in Europe i will sleep outdoors with my two eyes closed in the street as an African. It is a very common sight in the night to see blacks sleeping in front of all the shops when they are closed for lack of where to sleep. The difference between France and the UK is that you find much of people from the Francophone African countries than the Anglophone countries there and there are hundreds of this African's LITERARILY sleeping in NYLON TENTS somewhere between Gare du Nord and the Airport in Paris(whenever i visit Paris and taking the train to the town center from the Airport i see them from the train window)one day i curiously asked the hotel porter why the French Govt dont take drastic action against them and his reply to me was THAT IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO DEPORT THEM,AND MOST OF THEM ARE IN PARIS TRYING TO GET TO THE UK through the Eurostar Train and after they get tired from lack of Job in Paris or do not succeed in crossing over to the UK,they usually go to some other European countries. There are no Jobs in France and strange as this may sound i usually don't run into Nigerian's there a lot as the few who usually get the French Visa usually proceed from there to Spain,italy,Germany and those other Schengen countries.

@proo212,Germany is not racist?are you joking?if Germany is not Racist then i am Baba Suwe.

Germany is the most racist place on this EARTH and i should know better as my job takes me to Germany (in the Hamburg area)sometimes and i can go on to give you a million instances but for lack of time i will copy and paste my last experiences from another write up i put in on Nairaland some weeks ago at the Frankfurt Airport.

*Two Saturdays ago, on my way back from Nigeria(Lufthansa)i did the transit thing in Germany to and fro from the States and this was my first time flying through Frankfurt as i usually go straight to Nigeria. Immediately i got off the transit bus into the building i was stopped by this German Custom guy who asked for my Passport, i brought out my passport and gave it to him. Next question was where are you going to?i said the US and his next question was how long did you stay in Nigeria and i replied one week. Next question what do you do? and so i am thinking this is getting interesting.

Next question?how did you become an American Citizen?and i asked him are you serious?and his answer yes and my reply to him is you are not serious.

Ordinarily if this questions were to arise at all it will be if i am entering Germany and have to go through their immigration and custom, but by law somebody transiting and in the transit hall is assumed by law not to be in the country he or she is transiting from but maybe this guy dont know that but about educating him soon.

Anyway, i told him vaguely what i did without going into details and still this guy was delaying me from catching my flight and it was not until he asked me how much i had for spending in the US that i knew this guy was out for trouble. First Sir, i am carrying an American passport which does not call for that question. Two, you are delaying me from catching my flight and Three i need to use the rest room real quick but still he was holding on to my passport and his body language was all set for trouble and so he called two other guys,me and three of them in an empty hall way.

It was at that point i brought out my ID which identified me and the nature of my job in the US(I work for the US Govt mildly put something bordering on National Security)and requested to speak to their supervisor,and this was where the fears came into their eyes as they thought this was another Nigerian guy holding a foreign passport they could push around but are now seeing they might be starting something with the US and German Govt which might spell trouble for them.

I am telling you this so that you will know this guys did not care about my US PASSPORT as they were hell bent on delaying and pushing me around for no reason and i will bet you my next tax returns that a White man holding the same American Passport i am holding will not be delayed and asked how much he has to spend in the US and how he became an American Citizen,really?.

It was while using the rest room that it hit me i got that treatment because i am a Nigerian and that is why i filed a formal complaint there and in the US when i got back.

If you are a Nigerian holding any foreign passport and still have an accent 5 out of 10 times you get the rough treatment at most port of entry in the world and i should know because i travel a lot*

@kood i find your story unbelieveable that there are American's living and working in Europe illegally and the first thing that came to my mind was that if there is such PERSON then he must be running away from the LAW in the United States.

American's are not that rich but an average American who can afford a ticket to Europe usually lives a moderate life and will prefer living in the United States and will only go out if it is a legitimate job related and even the Jobless one's will prefer living in the US and be getting their Jobless/Welfare check every friday than going to another man's land to hide from the law,and there is one thing American's have which a lot of others lack and that is PRIDE and will not descent so low as to hiding in other countries. It is just simply UN-AMERICAN.

Canada is okay.

My best advice for people wanting to live outside Nigeria should first try the United States and if it does not work then should try Canada,though life is not ROSY in this two countries but it is far far better than anywhere in the DIASPORA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by osarodon(m): 11:10am On Nov 11, 2011
@Sapele_Don,

Thankls for the comprehensive and detailed analysis, I quite appreciate it.

Thanks once again.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
izzz E:

@vicjustice, i really enjoyed your thread. it the good work going.
  Anyway, i want to find out about Norway, cos i was told its not an Eu zone and it belongs to schengen . and there are restrictions. pls i need u to explain this to me,  thanks for the reply
   That is correct, Norway in not part of the EU, but it participate in the Schengen treaty thus making it a Schengen state. And as a Schengen country, a foreigner who holds the Norwegian Residence Permit enjoys equal rights with others who hold the residence permits of other EU/Schengen states, there is no restrictions.
   And although, Norway is not part of the EU, but the Norwegians also enjoy the same benefits as the heavy weight countries in the EU under the treaty signed on the 1st of January 1994, when Norway became a member of the European Economic Area (EEA) which comprises of the EU member states and the three EFTA states: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. So, Citizens from the old (and richer) EU countries, as well as citizens from Liechtenstein and Iceland can work in Norway and vice versa. But citizens from the new (and poorer) EU countries must apply for, and obtain a residence permit before they can commence any employment in Norway and vice versa. Trust me, you won't need to go to these new (and poorer) EU countries for employment purpose,
   So, my friend, i do not see any restrictions against Norway, and if however there is an clause in the conditions of the relationship between Norway and the EU countries, believe me, it would be to the advantages of the Norwegians; it is not the EU that is rejecting Norway, rather it is Norway that is refusing to join the EU. Also, compare Switzerland
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
Sapele_Don:

@Vicjustice thanks for your write up and contrary to what a lot of detractors have written about what i will call your personal travel experience,you basically have hit the nail on the head.

First,and this very important and that is anybody travelling abroad should travel on legitimate papers and in doing this save yourself the hassle of getting the rough treatments from the host country(immigration/police/job discrimination)but sometimes,even with your legitimate papers you still get hostile reception from the locals who in most cases are not happy that most of the lucrative jobs are taken by those considered to be "foreigners" and this is mostly common in the non English speaking European countries and that is why i will never advice anybody to travel to a country where LANGUAGE is a barrier.

I say this as you have to start basically from the scratch I.E learn their language(s) and ways to be fully accepted and integrated into their society.

Comfortability/condition of living in a foreign is subject to different interpretations by different interpretees but the bottom line is no matter how comfortable or integrated one is a foreign land,there is that secret yearnings in the most inner recesses of our minds that we wish we were back home(Nigeria)surrounded by our loved ones,in a familiar terrain and with people with same culture and so this tells me that there is no place like home.

I have read a lot of the commentaries here and find some really educative,others bordered on tribal sentiments,some outrightly funny and some just plainly ignorant as people find it hard to accept the truth and the harsh day to day reality of life Nigerian's in the diaspora face.

@Vicjustice there is a saying in the Eastern part of Nigeria(i am from Sapele Delta State before the tribal Warlords start finding faults in my quote)which goes thus TRAVELLING IS PART OF EDUCATION and for that i take you as an enlightened man.

Let me start from the UK where i did my Post-Graduate study and worked some years ago. I still think the UK is the most diificult place to live in as a Nigerian in Europe for one simple reason and that is the OVER POPULATION OF NIGERIAN'S there and this has its UPS and DOWN side. It is very difficult to see Nigerian's in the UK not sharing a flat,most two bedrooms have 3 families living in it(the living room is converted into a living quarter),especially those living in London as it too expensive to get one to yourself and the toilet cleaning and kitchen sharing arrangement?simply pathetic. Accomodations are a little cheaper for those living in cities outside london but the UK still have one of the most draconian tax system in the world and i think the only thing you don't get taxed for is for going to the toilet.

This guys tax you for having a TV(tv licence),you pay congestion charges for driving through some parts of the city,cant park your car anywhere and most annoying is it is difficult getting a good job there no matter how educated you are so most educated Nigerian's there have taken to HUSTLING(Yahoo/Drugs),cleaning of toilets(KPEKE and this is mostly done by illegal immigrants),Security Guards(my friend who has two Masters Degree from the UK does that now for lack of a Job and the hours/shifts he gets barely sustains him). Far in between you run across Nigerian's who have their own business and doing well or those with good jobs but it is not common anymore.

@ineh, France is cool and Paris is fun and i use to joke with a friend of mine that Paris is the only place in Europe i will sleep outdoors with my two eyes closed in the street as an African. It is a very common sight in the night to see blacks sleeping in front of all the shops when they are closed for lack of where to sleep. The difference between France and the UK is that you find much of people from the Francophone African countries than the Anglophone countries there and there are hundreds of this African's LITERARILY sleeping in NYLON TENTS somewhere between Gare du Nord and the Airport in Paris(whenever i visit Paris and taking the train to the town center from the Airport i see them from the train window)one day i curiously asked the hotel porter why the French Govt dont take drastic action against them and his reply to me was THAT IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO DEPORT THEM,AND MOST OF THEM ARE IN PARIS TRYING TO GET TO THE UK through the Eurostar Train and after they get tired from lack of Job in Paris or do not succeed in crossing over to the UK,they usually go to some other European countries. There are no Jobs in France and strange as this may sound i usually don't run into Nigerian's there a lot as the few who usually get the French Visa usually proceed from there to Spain,italy,Germany and those other Schengen countries.

@proo212,Germany is not racist?are you joking?if Germany is not Racist then i am Baba Suwe.

Germany is the most racist place on this EARTH and i should know better as my job takes me to Germany (in the Hamburg area)sometimes and i can go on to give you a million instances but for lack of time i will copy and paste my last experiences from another write up i put in on Nairaland some weeks ago at the Frankfurt Airport.

*Two Saturdays ago, on my way back from Nigeria(Lufthansa)i did the transit thing in Germany to and fro from the States and this was my first time flying through Frankfurt as i usually go straight to Nigeria. Immediately i got off the transit bus into the building i was stopped by this German Custom guy who asked for my Passport, i brought out my passport and gave it to him. Next question was where are you going to?i said the US and his next question was how long did you stay in Nigeria and i replied one week. Next question what do you do? and so i am thinking this is getting interesting.

Next question?how did you become an American Citizen?and i asked him are you serious?and his answer yes and my reply to him is you are not serious.

Ordinarily if this questions were to arise at all it will be if i am entering Germany and have to go through their immigration and custom, but by law somebody transiting and in the transit hall is assumed by law not to be in the country he or she is transiting from but maybe this guy dont know that but about educating him soon.

Anyway, i told him vaguely what i did without going into details and still this guy was delaying me from catching my flight and it was not until he asked me how much i had for spending in the US that i knew this guy was out for trouble. First Sir, i am carrying an American passport which does not call for that question. Two, you are delaying me from catching my flight and Three i need to use the rest room real quick but still he was holding on to my passport and his body language was all set for trouble and so he called two other guys,me and three of them in an empty hall way.

It was at that point i brought out my ID which identified me and the nature of my job in the US(I work for the US Govt mildly put something bordering on National Security)and requested to speak to their supervisor,and this was where the fears came into their eyes as they thought this was another Nigerian guy holding a foreign passport they could push around but are now seeing they might be starting something with the US and German Govt which might spell trouble for them.

I am telling you this so that you will know this guys did not care about my US PASSPORT as they were hell bent on delaying and pushing me around for no reason and i will bet you my next tax returns that a White man holding the same American Passport i am holding will not be delayed and asked how much he has to spend in the US and how he became an American Citizen,really?.

It was while using the rest room that it hit me i got that treatment because i am a Nigerian and that is why i filed a formal complaint there and in the US when i got back.

If you are a Nigerian holding any foreign passport and still have an accent 5 out of 10 times you get the rough treatment at most port of entry in the world and i should know because i travel a lot*

@kood i find your story unbelieveable that there are American's living and working in Europe illegally and the first thing that came to my mind was that if there is such PERSON then he must be running away from the LAW in the United States.

American's are not that rich but an average American who can afford a ticket to Europe usually lives a moderate life and will prefer living in the United States and will only go out if it is a legitimate job related and even the Jobless one's will prefer living in the US and be getting their Jobless/Welfare check every friday than going to another man's land to hide from the law,and there is one thing American's have which a lot of others lack and that is PRIDE and will not descent so low as to hiding in other countries. It is just simply UN-AMERICAN.

Canada is okay.

My best advice for people wanting to live outside Nigeria should first try the United States and if it does not work then should try Canada,though life is not ROSY in this two countries but it is far far better than anywhere in the DIASPORA.

Well done, Man.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by mayblossom(f): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2011
Am loving this thread. I'm kind of curious about Spain but I'v not read anything about there. Wot's life there like? Job opportunities, etc. I'm hoping to join my hubby dere soon.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by eghost247(m): 1:01pm On Nov 13, 2011
mayblossom:

Am loving this thread. I'm kind of curious about Spain but I'v not read anything about there. Wot's life there like? Job opportunities, etc. I'm hoping to join my hubby dere soon.
your hubby is there what else do u need to know cant he tell u about the place

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by mayblossom(f): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2011
He tells me abt there severally. I'v hrd his experiences. I don't see any harm in wanting to know hw other ppl see Spain too. embarassed
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by DonWaka: 9:22am On Nov 27, 2011
people i need help i just got grecce 1 month visa and i intend to travel this December but i want to move from grecce the same day i get there to a better country in Europe please advice me. i won go hassle
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2011
Don Waka:

people i need help i just got grecce 1 month visa and i intend to travel this December but i want to move from grecce the same day i get there to a better country in Europe please advice me. i won go hassle
   What kind of advise do you require since you've already made up your mind?
   Well, Greece is a Schengen state, so if you were issued a Schengen visa then, you can use the visa to travel to every or any Schengen state, but ensure that the visa you hold specifies "Schengen" or has this text "valid for Schengen states" since Greece also has it's national visa which is not valid for the Schengen states.

1 Like

Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by wishlolia(f): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2012
Sapele_Don: @Vicjustice thanks for your write up and contrary to what a lot of detractors have written about what i will call your personal travel experience,you basically have hit the nail on the head.

Canada is okay.

Could have been combined with the original post
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by wishlolia(f): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
Sapele_Don: @Vicjustice thanks for your write up and contrary to what a lot of detractors have written about what i will call your personal travel experience,you basically have hit the nail on the head.

Canada is okay.

Could have been combined with the original post
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by emeka55: 9:34am On Aug 07, 2012
U guys r really doin a great job, kudos 2 vic & d rest of u guys. Pls I hav a question 2 ask, how easy is it 4 someone on a student visa doing Msc in Germany 2 relocate 2 Canada if he gains admission there?
Secondly, can he withdraw all d 8000 euros 4 d block acct wen relocating, since he won't be comin bck 2 Germany. Pls I need credible responses on dis.
Thanks guys
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 5:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
emeka55: U guys r really doin a great job, kudos 2 vic & d rest of u guys. Pls I hav a question 2 ask, how easy is it 4 someone on a student visa doing Msc in Germany 2 relocate 2 Canada if he gains admission there?
Secondly, can he withdraw all d 8000 euros 4 d block acct wen relocating, since he won't be comin bck 2 Germany. Pls I need credible responses on dis.
Thanks guys
Well, migrating from Germany to Canada is as Easy as it is Hard, or as Hard as it is Eeay to get the right visa
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by dotcomnamename: 6:36pm On Dec 19, 2012
prince_onx: Poster! poster!! to be honest, I think you're realy confused yourself! if I may ask, did you visit all these countries with visa? you seem to act like the good guy here while others there don't know what they're doing. You said some or even most of them are suffering! I wonder what was chasing you around those nonsence places you called country in Europe! they could be anywhere in Africa! but just simply fall under Europe on the map! you know what? you never see something your waka just dey start but no be your fault na those wey just wan fly regardless of where the plane land! and guess what? all that your info might be important or usefull to those that don't know where they're coming from not to talk of where they're going! You go all these places finish you still no know say Toronto dey Ontario! you sure say no be naija or some african desert you dey waka about call am europe?

This guy you get serious problem. Wetin concern you if he visited all these countries? Whats your business there? Bad bele people searching for trouble on nairaland whenever they're bored. Smh undecided
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 4:21am On Dec 21, 2012
Please house, I just got my MSC admission letter from Cyprus International University and would like to know more about Cyprus. Can one really make money during schooling, are there Jobs there, is the country favourable and so on. Your humble opinion
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by dotcomnamename: 4:35am On Dec 21, 2012
fados4sure: Please house, I just got my MSC admission letter from Cyprus International University and would like to know more about Cyprus. Can one really make money during schooling, are there Jobs there, is the country favourable and so on. Your humble opinion

If you have enough doe to survive till duration of ur school, well and good so far u rely on doe plus sponsor, as per work issue surviving, don't even think about it. Why don't u go for US & Canada or Australia instead of Cyprus of all people. Life ain't good over there hustling to survive O!
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by ronald2g1(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
@ house I got a visa to a very good highly ranked public research university but I was given GA because GA is given afta a year, I'm tryin to raise my fees for one year which is abt 15000 and cnt do more, d skul is workin wiv big companies that recruit deir students n I dnt wnna miss dis opportunity, wah r my chances of survivin for 2nd year in d usa guys pls?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2012
fados4sure: Please house, I just got my MSC admission letter from Cyprus International University and would like to know more about Cyprus. Can one really make money during schooling, are there Jobs there, is the country favourable and so on. Your humble opinion
North or North Cyprus?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 29, 2012
Vicjustice:
North or North Cyprus?
North Cyprus in the capital of Nicosia.. I have made my payment and I have received unconditional offer.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2012
fados4sure:
North Cyprus in the capital of Nicosia.. I have made my payment and I have received unconditional offer.
Though, English is widely understood by Cypriots, but the Northern part of the Island is occupied by Ethnic Turks who do not enjoy the same standard of living with their southern (Greek speaking) counterparts: so, regarding your query about "making money during schooling", i would say, finding a job in North Cyprus is considered a hard thing, and yet, wages there is comparatively low
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Johnnyemy: 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
Hello guys, I just got an admission offer from University of Goettingen Germany. Please I want to know more about student life at Germany, are they part time jobs for one to do while studying?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Vicjustice: 9:51am On Jan 12, 2013
Johnnyemy: Hello guys, I just got an admission offer from University of Goettingen Germany. Please I want to know more about student life at Germany, are they part time jobs for one to do while studying?
Germany is Europe's biggest economy; the most technologically advanced; the most developed; the most structured country standing head & shoulder above every other country in Europe: with these reputations about Germany, I suppose your questions are answered.
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
Vicjustice:
Though, English is widely understood by Cypriots, but the Northern part of the Island is occupied by Ethnic Turks who do not enjoy the same standard of living with their southern (Greek speaking) counterparts: so, regarding your query about "making money during schooling", i would say, finding a job in North Cyprus is considered a hard thing, and yet, wages there is comparatively low
What other options are available to me?
Re: Life In Various Foreign Countries: From My Experience by Johnnyemy: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2013
Vicjustice:
Germany is Europe's biggest economy; the most technologically advanced; the most developed; the most structured country standing head & shoulder above every other country in Europe: with these reputations about Germany, I suppose your questions are answered.
Thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet Gadzama: The Pilot Who Flew The Crashed King Air 350 Aircraft In Abuja / "There Are No Jobs In Dubai, Nigerians Don't Be Deceived" (Photos/video) / Photos Of The Man That Died With Two Ladies In Sapele Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.