Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,209 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 (10713 Views)

Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd / Condolence Register For Manutd: Pls Sign In And Drop A Message. / Manutd Vs Chelsea (battle Of Old Trafford) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by nightrider: 9:29am On Apr 06, 2006
In 8 champions league games against World class strikers, over 2 legs , home and away

great men like Zlatan, mutu, trezeguet, zidane, ronaldo, raul, robinho, baptista, camoronesi, nedved, viera, zambrotta

have all failed to prise open small eboue, toure and flamini.

Van nistelrooy is a bloody 3yard striker who can't even kick his own arse, not to talk of kicking ball into arsenal net.

Rubbish. 4-1 my ass
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by darqly(m): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2006
@nightrider
I hope you put "Kit" on automatic cruise control after sunday's game, cos I doubt if you'll be able to drive it home!! cheesy
Gooners should just concentrate on getting some silverware for your mercenary "King" cos if you end up trophyless, it's bye bye Thierry from Highbury grin

Red Devils Rule, U know de rest mate!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by nightrider: 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2006
darqly:

@nightrider
I hope you put "Kit" on automatic cruise control after sunday's game, because I doubt if you'll be able to drive it home!! cheesy
!

Nice line.

But the rest is crap.

if thierry henry leaves highbury. when he comes back to play against us. he won't be able to lick Robin Van persie's boots. just trust arsene wenger
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by bolaoni(m): 12:43pm On Apr 06, 2006
nightrider:

Nice line.

But the rest is crap.

if thierry henry leaves highbury. when he comes back to play against us. he won't be able to lick Robin Van persie's boots. just trust arsene wenger

Na so so mouth. Once Henry leaves, omo I no know wetin go become of Arsenal o. Can U see how desperate they are for his signature?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Vieira(m): 12:50pm On Apr 06, 2006
before Henry came we had strikers and were winning everything and the same will happen if he goes.

Arsenal is not one player.

When we sold Anelka na so everyone dey shout as well.

When Vieira left na so people begin shout

When Overmars left na the same noise we dey here
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Skintite(f): 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2006
4.1 my ass too
these guys obviously dont knw nats! undecided

When was the last game arsenal conceded a goal?
u want to bring ur offside n misque goals n win 4.1?
Not even in ur wildest dreamzzzzzzzz

Promise ul eat ur words n apologise to gunners?
Niterider, abeg no mind those yeye manure fans wey no sabi anythin jare grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Skintite(f): 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2006
Thank u vieira
to cut long story short, hes not even going lipsrsealed

And if he goes, we still remain the great GUNNERS grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Jackal(m): 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2006
Ya talk is cheap!
If United can pulverise Arsenal at Highbury 4-2 last season.
I see no reason why they cannot win 4-1 at OT.
United has the best strike force in Europe at the moment and i dont envy Flamini or Eboue cos Cristiano Ronaldo is rearing to make a meal outta of em 2's.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by nightrider: 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2006
what can ronaldo do that the bigger ronaldo & zidane and nedved haven't tried. if he doesn't take time, he'll get so fustrated he'll get a red card.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by lordimpaq(m): 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2006
@jackal

yeah rite, u said it yourself, (last season)

this is this season, so, its a lot different

the only reason why manutd cannot pulverise arsenal is because

arsenal wants to qualify badly for the fourth champions league place(which we'll get eventually)

so they would stop at nothing to get that fourth place, even if it means beating u guys in your backyard,

they'll do it,

just beware, we're on fire at the moment

we're just tooooo hoot to handle and you know it,
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Skintite(f): 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2006
ure still talking about 4.1?
Pray it doesnt become the reverse o! grin

Cristiano cant do nothing that others havnt tried
They all got gunned down, not only by eboue but the ref too wink
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Jackal(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2006
We have just 72 hrs to the kick-off.
This is not abt the OLD Zidane,Luiz Ronaldo,Vieira, Nedved and Raul. Its about the youthfulness of Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Arsenal will be demolished. How i love to see Wenger anytime The Gunners bite the dust.
His horror-film looks makes me laugh whenever he loses 3 points.
Beating the Gooners at OT will be pleasing, Its like winning the title.
C'mon UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by lordimpaq(m): 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2006
@jackal

wat do u mean by that,

do you think we don't have youngsters in our team

u bank on the tenacity of rooney

u bank on the skillfulness of ronaldo

u bank on the prowess of RVnistelroy

but wee bank on classy and our style of play is enuff to
displace the tenacity of rooney, skillfullness of ronaldo and the lot

rooney will definitely be checked by toure, ronaldo by (honestly that is only visible threat, flamini is sauce dish on sunday)

RVN is goin to be checked by Senderos

so wat are u sayin about demolished,

we've got youth, we've got better youth, we're winners, we

we are the gunners
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by hucarson(m): 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2006
@ lordimpaq,
I'm glad u know flamini is a minced meat on sundays for a player like Ronaldo.

@ Jackal
Heard all the tickets r SOLD OUT.
What a spectacle to behold at Old Trafford!
70,000 die-hard faithfuls would be taunting the young gunners.
Who can stop the strike force of The Red Devils? Kolo Toure or Eboue?
Prediction stands at 4-1 to United.(2 from Ruud. Saha and Rooney to bag 1 each) (Reyes to score for Arsenal in the 90th)
Ronaldo was even a threat to big guns Ashley Cole and Lauren,so who's Flamini? Free-kicks after free-kicks is guaranteed and who knws? Maybe a red-card to 2 or 3 of Arsene's men.
RVN and Rooney hold the best strike partnership in Europe at the moment. Arsene's men would be demolished by this duo.
Arsenal should rather boycott the match than honour it.
Its going to be a thrashing that Wenger will live to regret.
GLORY GLORY UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Watch out for Young Guiseppe Rossi(The American Rooney)
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by reyes4eva(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2006
@ jackal and hucarson
It's easier said than done.
The most feasible result is a goalless draw. The 2 teams will just cancel each other out.
I know United will go for it cos they need maximum points but trust Wenger to use his boring tactics of choking the midfield(United's Achilles)
Chelsea's results will determine what happens. Should Chelsea drop points,United will be firing cos they wld have smelt blood and they will tear the gunners apart.
I wont miss this match for a billion dollars.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by nightrider: 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2006
i have never seen a team as boring as united. You've lost all the verve and style and tenacity of the old days.
i remember andy coles explosive speed and power, his potent partnership with yorke. the midfield dynamism of scholes and becks and the ruggedness of keane.

this present team is like watching grass grow.

van nistelrooy banks on hand outs from rooney and saha to score.

neville tries to be becks down d right, but can';t cross for the life of him.

ferdinand looks like he'd rather be in farting contest than the field.

rooney is on today off tommorrow.

oshea is a misfit.

giggs is probably the same age as ferguson now.

the HOLE team is like a bottomless pit of crap.

one smelly fart from a supporter and the whole stadium erupts in a mexican wave, theres nothing to cheer.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by reyes4eva(m): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2006
I agree with ya,son.
How they have been able to get so close to Chelsea with this assembly of mis-fits should be ur worry.
A team that has the most woeful midfield in the league is almost snatching the title away?
The issue is the attacking prowess United has in it's kitty. Can the inexperienced defence of Arsenal hold their nerves against this attack?
I am sure ur mind will be playing poker on u with this question.
We all know what the gunners are also capable of with Henry and Reyes in form.
Lets just watch and see what pans out.
Its going to be a classic.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by jagenne(m): 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2006
@ Reyes,
The midfield is not as worse as u think. Scholes and Smith's absence destabilised the midfield. Giggs has to be playing in the centre to help young O'shea and the whole system seems like a mess.
Nevertheless, United plays better in such scenarios. Cast back your mind to United V Chelsea last fall. United missed four 1st team players in (Keane,Giggs,G.Neville and Gabriel Heinze) and still won the game in spite of Chelsea's tenacity.
Write off United at your own peril. Ferguson is still a class when it comes to stuffing his players with extra-fibre and hunger to win a big match.
I back United to steal the points(1-0).
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by darqly(m): 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2006
Chei, nightrider, call a spade a spade now! United do not play boring football. Mind you, we have scored the most this season in the EPL. Our strike force and strike rate is intimidating, and that's what it's meant to be. we have come this far with a 'Makeshift' midfield, imagine when de real deal comes next season.

Lehmann will probably get backache from bending to retrieve the ball outta the net grin

Red Devs, you know we have 'Plan B'? In the HIGHLY UNLIKELY event  that we don't score, Wenger will throw in Cygan.
Cygan is guaranteed,tried and tested to score an own goal!! cheesy

Pocket good ol Thierry and where will your goals come from? Kolo Toure has two 'left feet' far as Ronaldo is involved and Rooney will score from 18yds out if you all line up in front of Lehmann, who will complain of his gloves, or the upright, or the color of the friggin jersey grin
Thanks jagenne!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by hucarson(m): 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2006
@ reyes4eva,
I sense FEAR in the Gunners camp already.
Wenger has been fighting sleeplessness on how to curtail the best strike force in Europe?
Campbell+Lauren+Toure+ Ashley Cole cannot even stand up to these boys.
Arsenal's lazy tactics(offside trap) at the back will spell their DOOM.
RVN will punish 'em for that and how do u stop adrenalin-charged Rooney on his day?
Can United stop Arsenal from reaching Europe next season?
Fergie will be licking his mouth cos it's pay-back time for the Gunners
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by reyes4eva(m): 5:32pm On Apr 06, 2006
OMG.
The Pressure is building up.
I back the gunners to hold their nerves at OT.
My worry is their form in the EPL. It's so different to UEFA. They r kind of similar to Liverpool of last season.
So who takes the 3 points?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Jackal(m): 5:36pm On Apr 06, 2006
I think Lehmann will win the 3 points for Utd.
He will be tortured,scared and intimidated by ferocious strikes, sublime skills and astronomical speed of the United team.
Man Utd 4 ever!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by bolaoni(m): 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2006
@reyes,

We don't even know where you stand. At the beginning of the thread you were rooting for United now it is Arsenal, are you Judas' brother? grin

@niterider & Co.

U said without Henry Arsenal will still be great Before Henry you have been winning what? Between 1990 and 2000 please tell us how many trophies you won.

Please let us know when you even started supporting arsenal, I'm sure it is 1999 when Kanu got there. shocked
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Vieira(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2006
nightrider:

i have never seen a team as boring as united. You've lost all the verve and style and tenacity of the old days.
i remember andy coles explosive speed and power, his potent partnership with yorke. the midfield dynamism of scholes and becks and the ruggedness of keane.

this present team is like watching grass grow.

van nistelrooy banks on hand outs from rooney and saha to score.

neville tries to be becks down d right, but can';t cross for the life of him.

ferdinand looks like he'd rather be in farting contest than the field.

rooney is on today off tommorrow.

oshea is a misfit.

giggs is probably the same age as ferguson now.

the HOLE team is like a bottomless pit of crap.

one smelly fart from a supporter and the whole stadium erupts in a mexican wave, theres nothing to cheer.

grin grin grin grin grin

I go die o!

Nightrider why now?

You don kill them finish o!

I declare the match over already.

Can someone please forward Nightriders post to Fergie.

He will choke on his yeye chewing gum.

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Vieira(m): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2006
bolaoni:

@niterider & Co.

U said without Henry Arsenal will still be great Before Henry you have been winning what? Between 1990 and 2000 please tell us how many trophies you won.

Please let us know when you even started supporting arsenal, I'm sure it is 1999 when Kanu got there. shocked

League Champions : 1988/89 1990/91 1997/98 2001/02 2003/04

FA Cup: 1993 1998 2002 2003 2005

League Cup 1987, 1993

Henry joined August 1999, so everything in bold is before him.

I could have even gone further back but I no wan disgrace you.

I fit mention legends that have played for Arsenal but you go shake.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by bolaoni(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2006
5 trophies between the said period 90-2000 embarassed

Shame on all gunners! grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Vieira(m): 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2006
Now you don change am, shebi you dey talk that na when Henry reach before we begin win anything?

You no talk that one again?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by jagenne(m): 11:02am On Apr 07, 2006
@ Vieira
Pls dont stray away from the topic.
Henry has not been able to outrun or outwit united's defence since Barthez left.
This is a new United team that will cut,rip,tear and dislodge Arsenal's heart.
The Gunners stand no chance against a team that has rested for 10 days and very fresh.
Ronaldo is rearing to go,Rooney is charging and RVN is hoping to push his marksmanship further.
Pheeeeeeeeew, Gunners are in trooooooooooouble!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by nightrider: 11:41am On Apr 07, 2006
ha ha
all you Man-u fans make me laff when you start praisng that crap team. David becks was the whole team. There is no team without beckham.

See the way una take celebrate "carling cup" grin like say na champions league una win.

darqly:

Wenger will throw in Cygan.
Cygan is guaranteed,tried and tested to score an own goal!! cheesy

that cracked me up becuz it's tru, but the rest is crap. Intimidating strike force my butt.
who's is intimidating in that crap team,? is it rooney? (ha ha ha ha ha )
he plays like a menstrual cycle, he only comes on at the end of the month because he knows theres moneyaround the corner. the first three weeks he is dry as hell.

is it ronaldo? always running around, twirling his legs at super speed as if he wants to piss. the faster he runs, the more he is able to control it from spilling down his legs.

van nistelrooy- you won't see that guy in the match, because he will be leaving an ass print on the friggin bench.

the only person i fear in that team is Saha
that his face is enough to cause cygan to score own goal.

the rest of the team is crap.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Jackal(m): 11:49am On Apr 07, 2006
David Beckham my ass.
How many times has Arsenal defeated Man Utd in the premiership since Beckham's exit? Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
United is the only team in the league that is BIGGER that it's players.
The only team that can do without any player and still stand tall.
Arsenal can't do that,Chelsea can't manage.

On the issue at hand, Watch as the 3 Rs( Ruud, Rooney and Ronaldo) will deliver the killer-blow that will exempt the Gooners from Europe next season.
It's ON.
P.S. I am on ma way to Manchy later in the day so i ma see ya by Sunday(after the match).
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by bolaoni(m): 12:23pm On Apr 07, 2006
nightrider:

ha ha
all you Man-u fans make me laff when you start praisng that crap team. David becks was the whole team. There is no team without beckham.

See the way una take celebrate "carling cup" grin like say na champions league una win.

BTW, who brought Becks into all this? angry He is part of the history.

Niterider, I can see ur bad belle in ur talk.

Just about 48 hours to go abi? We go see sha.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manutd April 9 by Skintite(f): 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2006
Gunners plzzzzzzzz,
Dont let those manure rubbish vex u guys

Sunday isnt too far n making mouth is not winnin it
Lets wait n c the facts spelt out on sunday
But b4 then ,Niterider n vieira abeg finish those yeye big mouthed pple grin
So they can shut their stinkin mouth lipsrsealed

Remind them not to 4get sir Alex's hubba bubba wink
He'll need plenty tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

David Beckham Retires From Football / Arsenal Vs Wigan Athletic (1 - 2) On April 16 2012 / Liverpool Vs Ludogorets : UCL (2 - 1) On 16th September 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.