Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (71373 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by ritchboy(m): 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2007
in d
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Don1DeMaco: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2007
sorry ARSE ANAL fan was just saying the fact. Hope u come around may when we do it. 4 me thats a norm and its nothing to celebrate. im more concerned with winning the title.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:52am On Jan 01, 2008
My people,
i dont even think of jumping ship.i know of a man in his late 60's.he is been with LFC in d golden era,he saw d good times and of course he is experiencing d bad times.one good thing is that is that he still a 'fanatic fan'.
You might also want to do a little research.the kop is growing in number not decreasing.
If u want to jump ship,its okay,but it adviseable not to come back when d good times start rolling.
FOR GOD's SAKE, WHERE IS YOUR FAITH?what are we fans for.
So guys dont even think about it.there are good times,and there are bad times.
YNWA.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Don1DeMaco: 8:01am On Jan 01, 2008
dats the fun of being a fan
growing with the club
in times of plenty and during trying times
was a liverpool at the tail end of the last title and its 18 years and im still counting waiting for the tide to change
and i tell u experienced one of the greatest nights in Istanbul, if u werent a liverpool fan u couldnt have felt the feeling
pomised myself after dat that i ll be in any other finals we get to, didnt envisage Athens was just around the corner then, though was thinking about it but got tied down with work and the logistics was just mad
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 8:07am On Jan 01, 2008
Away from the idea of defecting.i'll like to air my views on the team.
Torres,gerrard and babel are our highest goal scorers.why not try them out togdther.we need goals.
Lucas leiva was brazilian player of the year(2007).an award previously given to greats like romario and kaka. My big question is:WHY IS RAFA SCARED TO USE HIM?
Why not play him in 'gerrard' role and put gerrard nearer to d opposition.
Rafael benitez is a great coach who clearly understands d game.he is concernd about our future(we now have an array of young talents in the youth system).but i tire for d guy sometimes.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by seabiotics(m): 3:53pm On Jan 01, 2008
bgees:

Away from the idea of defecting.i'll like to air my views on the team.
Torres,gerrard and babel are our highest goal scorers.why not try them out togdther.we need goals.
Lucas leiva was brazilian player of the year(2007).an award previously given to greats like romario and kaka. My big question is: WHY IS RAFA SCARED TO USE HIM? Why not play him in 'gerrard' role and put gerrard nearer to d opposition.
Rafael benitez is a great coach who clearly understands d game.he is concernd about our future(we now have an array of young talents in the youth system). but i tire for d guy sometimes.

The only reason why Lucas can't hold a place in the team now is because of Mash and Alonso. But there have been occasions when Lucas has played the full 90 mins. Other occasions Alonso was dropped for Mash or Sisoko. And at times, Mash too has been dropped for either Lucas or Alonso. But I don't think Rafa is scared to use him on a consistent basis.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Don1DeMaco: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2008
i guess for now the other players are beta, cant bench masc or alonso for lucas, dont know about the future though or na gerrard place u wan make e take?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 8:08pm On Jan 01, 2008
Of course,gerrard is needed in the team.i wasnt hoping for gerrard to be benchd.
All i hope is that,gerrard should be draftd into d 'hole' position behind d two strikers.that way we play with mascherano in d defensive midfield,lucas or alonso in d central midfield and one winger(benayoun or kewell,left or right.that way we are more lethal.its like fighting comfortably behind enemy lines.remember how this formation was effective in athens when we playd milan.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2008
I support bgess big time,this system has worked very well with Everton,with Tim Cahill playing(roving) behind the front 2.while Arteta does the 'engine roon,ditto for Milan where kaka does something similar while Pirlo works the middle just dat they play only one striker.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 10:48am On Jan 02, 2008
I defer to Rafa's technical wisdom,but I think he's too focused on team rotation & keeping players happy than actual team play.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Don1DeMaco: 11:08am On Jan 02, 2008
one thing u should appreciate about Rafa is he is not afraid to make changes, was it5 not the same rafa that removed gerrard against everton and brought in lucas? wasnt it the same rafa dat played gerrard on the right all thru last season and got over 20 goals out of him? and also a lot of criticism from the press and supporters. i believ in a system for every game not a permanent system for the team like arsenal who play the same system game in game out, or united though ferguson has started to mix it a little too last season can testify to dat or a jose who cant function without his 433.

i love my liverpool un predictable, but yes in a bid to predict the other team i think rafa at times gets it wrong, like that glorious day in instanbul, the first half was just not it, playing against a milan that has kaka without a defensive midfilder
and again it cost us last season too against the same milan and the same mistake removing mascherano for , , it was at that point we lost the plot.

iwhat imtrying to say is i love my liverpool without a specific pattern and with versatile players, but i agree rafa should at anytime select the best hands to do the job and not rest players for the sake of making the team happy
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2008
In addition,we must work on WINNING mentality,ManU(or manure apologies to seabiotics grin) did't play well against Birm ,but still won,so in essence we NEED dat winning mentality back.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by seabiotics(m): 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2008
Jairzinho:

In addition,we must work on WINNING mentality,ManU(or manure apologies to seabiotics grin) did't play well against Birm ,but still won,so in essence we NEED that winning mentality back.

Jairzinho,

No need to apologise Scousers usually refer to Man U as Manure. The hatred for each other is deep.
Yes we need to wor on our winning mentality. We need to approach all games as if we are playing the likes Everton Manure Arsenal or Chelsea.

Today against Wigan, we need the three points or we or out of contention.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2008
I totally agree.
We MUST win . And pray the others continue to drop points.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by kooldamsel(f): 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2008
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxx wink
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Millena(m): 11:54pm On Jan 02, 2008
I must sympathize with all you LVpool fans. What is happening to Ur team? So much for Rafa and his rotation policy. And to think that you guys were predicted to be the league winners, and Arsenal to come 5th behind Ttham this season embarassed embarassed embarassed , So much for the bookmakers.
It feels good being a gooner.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by lailai2(m): 3:51am On Jan 03, 2008
till next year for u guys
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by ritchboy(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2008
so yall couldnt beat wigan @ home wid d chance to stay in d title race(albeit technicaly) @ stake?I almost feel sorry 4 yall.Liverpool wil stil win the odd cup,but as long as rafa remains in charge LIVERPOOL WILL NEVER WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 9:15am On Jan 03, 2008
Difficult to accept,but . . . .I'm afraid the title may be out of our reach.

All depends on the other 3 faltering[i](& its looking less likely by the day[/i])

But being the incurable optimists that we areĀ  we still say. . . .

YOU NEVER WALK ALONE !!! wink wink
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Don1DeMaco: 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2008
hope we can sustain or second half of the season form we've been having for the past 2 seasons, if we can beat the big 3 away which im really not optimistic about cos we've not under Rafa, then the title might not be outta reach

my problem is the lads drop their heads too easily, them no dey fight, i don tire

but still u'll never walk alone
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 12:39pm On Jan 03, 2008
You have said all the right words my friend,that winning mentality isn't there,once the chips are down,
lets hope & pray(like nigerians that we are)
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2008
do i still believe we can still win the league this season? NO!

All i can say is that rafa is gone for sure. last night 'defeat' to wigan is just another nail to his coffin.and who mentioned rotation.rotation never comes up when we are havin a good run.
and maybe its rafa's faulty,the chairman of the rotary club sometimes rotates at the wrong time.
and maybe its the players,for their lack of winning mentality.9 shots on goal,one goal.for wigan 1 shot on goal and one goal. isnt that crazy.
we need fresh blood no doubt.hitzfield will leave bayern munuich in the summer,i think it will bettr if we approached him.what about deschamps, klinsmann. dont blame me, im tired of rafa.he is a great coach,i know its a hard decision to tender his resignation,with all the young players he brought in last year,but he has lost it.he should resign.and the kop will always remember nice things about him.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Don1DeMaco: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2008
sorry but i dont share ur views about him leaving and dont think ur choice of coaches are better than Rafa either. Maybe Hitzfield but then i have my reservations if he would be able to do better with the current crop of players. Just my personal opinion.

but yes Rafa's tactics could be furstrating at times, imagine using one striker against wigan at anfield, it just doesnt make any sense.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2008
Dont tell me u believe tom hicks.recently he said rafa was the right man for d job.
Even rick parry the chairman has told rafa there would be no excuse for not winning the league.
Plus there are other rumours that hicks and gillet want to re-sell.a dubai based company is said to be interestd,thats how klinsmann's name came up.

On ur thnughts on hitzfield,he is an old-school manager just like van gaal.these guys rely heavily on tactics and strategy.and these dont really work today in football.but i still think he is d right man along wit the other two.

But sincerely,this rafa's last season except he wins the uefa champs.league or d FA cup.if he doesnt ,hes' gone.
Even rick parry is getting impatient.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2008
@bgees
How does it feel drawing at home to relegation strugglers? forget winning this league you guys would be lucky to place 4th not with this rampaging City and Villa breathing down your necks

If i where a Liverpool fan i would go on 30 days fasting and prayer that nothing happens to Torres if that guy gets injured you guys might not make europe next season
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by lailai2(m): 1:59am On Jan 04, 2008
DeMaco, so u be liverpool fan?

why now? just join another club and stop walking alone
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2008
@A40,
read my recent posts carefully and u will get your answers.
It feels disgusting and shameful.
And yes our title dreams are over.
We are not consistent.true,we might not make it to europe.even the coach relies heavily on torres.is'nt that unprofessional for a coach?

Now i have told u my mind.
Are u happy now?
When things go bad for arsenal,i will make similar posts on the arsenal thread so that u can know how it feels.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 8:43am On Jan 04, 2008
Bayern would love to have Benitez as a coach but I don't think you guys can have Hitzfeld he seems to be on his way to the Swiss National team
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Don1DeMaco: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2008
lai-lai:

DeMaco, so u be liverpool fan?

why now? just join another club and stop walking alone

why?

do u have a problem with me supporting the best clubside in the world?

been a Liverpudian 4 as long as i can remember

For all u scousers, remember we coined the word "bouncebackability" so lets show dat spirit and charge on to win the league title. get behind ur team.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by ritchboy(m): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2008
best club in the world?i'm having a laff.weda your d best club in merseyside is debatable grin.title?what title?do they now give titles to d team who finish 4th ? maybe even 5th,cithai might just do an 'everton' on yall wink.the only place u guys should bounce back to is d drawing board,rafa has lost the plot. tongue
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 11:02am On Jan 04, 2008
The premiership's just about halfway through,things ARE looking bad,but we still have sometime yet,so relax ,ok? sad

You'll Never Walk Alone !!! smiley smiley
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 11:26am On Jan 04, 2008
best club in the world?i'm having a laff.weda your d best club in merseyside is debatable

Just like the best club in Manchester and London is debatable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.