Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (71293 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
1 up . Agger!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
Honestly if we end up lsing this game. . . Torres should take a Big part of the blame.

How could he miss that sitter ? shocked shocked shocked

Its 2: 1 to Benfica now. . . .5 minutes to go. . .keeping fingers crossed.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
We honestly didn't deserve to lose this game. . . .

Ngog is honestly not up to the level expected of a Liverpool player. . . .

sad,sad. . .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
I didn't see the rest of the game after the first 10 minutes.

sad. we would be under pressure at Anfield in the 2nd leg and that is what I dont want. sad
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^^ You missed a bit. . .the foolish Swedish ref messed up the game abt the half hour mark. . . .by sending of Babel,tho' he was equally belligerant.

Torres missed some sitters which honestly called to question his concentration level.

Anyway ,we got the away goal,all we need do is score first in Anfield,prevent them from scoring & keep all 11 men on for 90 minutes. . . .

[center][size=28pt]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss[/size][/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2010
There is still a lot to play for,we should be a alright in Anfield so long as we get a fair ref.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2010
Tottenham have lost to Sunderland. We have it all to lose at Birmingham.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2010
bgees:

Tottenham have lost to Sunderland. We have it all to lose at Birmingham.

@bgees,pls forget about 4th place,lets concentrate on winning the Europa cup,pray we don't lose Torres & Steve G in the summer & hope Hicks & Gillet finally bow out this year wink
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by biina: 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2010
illusion2:

@bgees,pls forget about 4th place,lets concentrate on winning the Europa cup,pray we don't lose Torres & Steve G in the summer & hope Hicks & Gillet finally bow out this year wink
You are a realist grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2010
4th place looks difficult to attain , but City, Tottenham and Aston Villa are not really convincing. . so I believe we can get it,

I did not see today's match but i'm just as frustrated as those who watched it. Something big is actually wrong with our club. I think Torres is under pressure.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:31am On Apr 05, 2010
[flash=420,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvk4tqDZBg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

Watching this video,I realised how much we miss Alonso. cry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 11:45am On Apr 05, 2010
The fact is ultimately,the blame should lie with Rafa.

Poor marksmanship was to blame for the draw against B'ham. The fact is we do not necessarily have to play well to win games. . . .that the stuff of champions.

Ngog is not a premiership level player,he can't hold his own & hardly troubles defenders.

All reasonable clubs have back up strikers,we cannot continue to rely solely on Torres tho' he's being uncharacteristically missing some sittersrecently ,so the back up strikers should shore up the goal tally.

David Ngog has gotten good first team exposure over the last couple of seasons,if he hasn't improved up till now, its either

1. He's not up to it-then we'll like to know how he found his way unto our payroll

2. He's not received proper development plan/support - who's responsible for this? Your guess is as good as mine.

So anyway you look at it,Rafa must take the blame.

Like I stated in my last post,I just pray he hasn't damaged the club so much that our main players would decide to live.

Sad,sad day for a great club cry cry cry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by slimshay(m): 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2010
illusion2:

The fact is ultimately,the blame should lie with Rafa.

Poor marksmanship was to blame for the draw against B'ham. The fact is we do not necessarily have to play well to win games. . . .that the stuff of champions.

Ngog is not a premiership level player,he can't hold his own & hardly troubles defenders.

All reasonable clubs have back up strikers,we cannot continue to rely solely on Torres tho' he's being uncharacteristically missing some sittersrecently ,so the back up strikers should shore up the goal tally.

David Ngog has gotten good first team exposure over the last couple of seasons,if he hasn't improved up till now, its either

1. He's not up to it-then we'll like to know how he found his way unto our payroll

2. He's not received proper development plan/support - who's responsible for this? Your guess is as good as mine.

So anyway you look at it,Rafa must take the blame.

Like I stated in my last post,I just pray he hasn't damaged the club so much that our main players would decide to live.

Sad,sad day for a great club cry cry cry

no sir Torress misses a lotta sitters. It is the harder ones he scores. Hence his reputation.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by biina: 5:06pm On Apr 05, 2010
Rafa simply neeeds a huge transfer kitty to deliver. He is not the type to blend in unproven players. Even after selling Alonso, the money he got should have been put to better use. All the Ngog, Insua, etc arent just good enough. A team that plays a lone striker and they dont have a credible backup. undecided

Liverpool have two alternatives to move forward
1. Fire Rafa and get a manager that can work with a limited budget (like O'neil). If a big enough offer comes, sell Gerard.
2. Some rich smuck buys out Hicks and Gillete.

The former is the more plausible solution. A season outside the champions league will really dent liverpool's finances.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 12:05am On Apr 06, 2010
I think it is unfair to put the whole blame on Rafa. our senior players must take the blame too. Gerrard, Carra and Mascherano started the season poorly and while Mascherano seems to have recovered , Carra and Gerrard especially have not been convincing at all.

Yes blame Rafa for funny line -ups, and substitutions but on transfers? i still refuse to put trhe whole blame on him. the man has seriously tried to sign us some world class players and he failed on many occassions except when he signed Torres. and when he failed to sign his first choices , he went for second choices .

But ,. whatever might be needed to take the club forward should be done, even if it means sacking Rafa.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by biina: 8:01am On Apr 06, 2010
Its a case of Rafa and lack of money dont mix. The guy bought so many failed imports, and only Torres can be considered world class. If you want to keep Rafa, he will need money to deliver.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 11:34am On Apr 06, 2010
biina:

1. Fire Rafa and get a manager that can work with a limited budget (like O'neil). If a big enough offer comes, sell Gerard.
2. Some rich smuck buys out Hicks and Gillete.
The former is the more plausible solution. A season outside the champions league will really dent liverpool's finances.
O neill? I laugh in hausa grin grin grin Livepool has passed the level of this British managers i beg. We'll continue to look to bigger footballing countries (or Mark Hughes)

bgees:

I think it is unfair to put the whole blame on Rafa. our senior players must take the blame too. Gerrard, Carra and Mascherano started the season poorly and while Mascherano seems to have recovered , Carra and Gerrard especially have not been convincing at all.

Yes blame Rafa for funny line -ups, and substitutions but on transfers? i still refuse to put trhe whole blame on him. the man has seriously tried to sign us some world class players and he failed on many occassions except when he signed Torres. and when he failed to sign his first choices , he went for second choices .

But ,. whatever might be needed to take the club forward should be done, even if it means sacking Rafa.

My guy. . .let me give you a list of 'disappointments'/Injuries to fellow EPL contenders ('Top 4') this season:
MANURE-Anderson,Owen(injury).Hargreaves(injury)
CHELSKI-Essien,Ashley C,Joe Cole(part) Anelka(jan) Drogba ,Kalou(nations Cup)
ARSE-ANAL - Bendtner,Fabregas(on&off),Eduardo,Rosicky. . & the list goes on.
Every team has to deal with these issues every season,the players will not perform if they don't see the team having any direction. Riera's outburst on rafa poor communication skills should be further scrutinized.

Yes,some players aren't as switched off. . . but good teams still get by. . . .thats why we are(or were ) THE MIGHTY REDS
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2010
The guy bought so many failed imports, and only Torres can be considered world class.

Mascherano nko?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2010
Mascherano ain't world class! He is good but world class is a stretch

Rafa is good too but that dude got issues! He is the type of person that would buy a Maybach for 400,000 and sell it for 4,000 cos the Humidor ain't working properly. I ain't Wenger's biggest fan but if Rafa was at Arsenal we would be in the bottom half of the table the most annoying part is he keeps lamenting about lack of funds! Someone should please show him his transfer repertoire. Kromkamp,Voronin,Degen,Dossena,Keane,Ngog,Cisse,Morientes,Mark Gonzalez,Babel,Aquilani have all been disappointing buys even Skrtel,Agger and Kyriagkos have not done anything special and with no notable academy product and no sign of one in the nearest future Rafa looks more like part of the disease than the cure
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2010
Alonso,Mascherano and Agger are world class. biina is just being blind as usual.

@A40,

who was talking about injuries ? Im talking about loss of form here.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2010
Rafa is good too but that dude got issues! He is the type of person that would buy a Maybach for 400,000 and sell it for 4,000 cos the Humidor ain't working properly.

Cut your losses better than those buch of idiots wenGAY is clinging to fr years without any end result. In Benitez 5 seasons at Anfield he has won 2 trophies while wenGAY hasnt won a thing in the same timeframe

I ain't Wenger's biggest fan but if Rafa was at Arsenal we would be in the bottom half of the table the most annoying part is he keeps lamenting about lack of funds!

If Rafa was at Arsenal, He would have won a European trophy at least. He has won 2 times already and has been a coach for less than Half the number of Failed years WenGAY has

Someone should please show him his transfer repertoire. Kromkamp,Voronin,Degen,Dossena,Keane,Ngog,Cisse,Morientes,Mark Gonzalez,Babel,Aquilani have all been disappointing buys

Just like wenGAYs impressive transfer repertoires like Reyes, Francis Jeffers, Walcott, Eduardo, Vito Mannone, Giles Grimandi, Pascal Cygan, Senderos, Djorou, Amaury Birschoff, Julio baptista, Matthew Upson, Alex manninger,

even Skrtel,Agger and Kyriagkos have not done anything special

even Denilson, Clichy, Carlos Vela, Abou Diaby, Nicklas Bendtner have not done anything special

and with no notable academy product and no sign of one in the nearest future Rafa looks more like part of the disease than the cure

With most of the academy products showing themselves to be failures like Aliadiere, Hoyte, Owusu Abeyie, Arturo Lupoli, Daniel Karbasiyoon it looks wenGAY is the worst coah around. 25 yrs of top flight coaching and NO SINGLE European trophy to show for it. He has enjoyed stability of coaching for 13yrs at one club and a free hand which most coaches dont get, yet he cant win a European trophy.

5 seasons of trophylessness says it all
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Bgees
Agger and Mascherano world class? I laugh in Ijo-Yoyo. Besides where did you see me mention injuries? Laju e

@Dayokanu
Firstly cut your losses and leave the club in debt right! How smart! If Benitez doesn't win Europa he would be going 4 seasons without a trophy plus they may not make the UCL which would keep them in financial straits

Secondly Rafa would not make Europe with the funds available and the team on ground at Arsenal

Thirdly the difference is in the amount of funds wasted! Why not compute and juxtapose their transfer fees so we can see the ignorance of your list in Hi Definition

Wenger might not be as successful as Benitez maybe he is not even as good as him but no manager in the last 5 seasons has been more wasteful
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2010
A-40:

@Bgees
Agger and Mascherano world class? I laugh in Ijo-Yoyo. Besides where did you see me mention injuries? Laju e

If you like laughh in Iyana Ipaja, Javier Mascherano is Worldclass!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2010
@Dayokanu
Firstly cut your losses and leave the club in debt right! How smart! If Benitez doesn't win Europa he would be going 4 seasons without a trophy plus they may not make the UCL which would keep them in financial straits

Benitez already won the CL in his first season and FA cup in his second season. Can you tell us how many seasons wenGAY has been going without trophies?

Secondly Rafa would not make Europe with the funds available and the team on ground at Arsenal

WHo were the team he won the CL with

Dudek Finan, Hyypia-Carragher, Jamie Traore- Biscan, Smicer, gerrard, Riise, Luis garcia, Xabi Alonso, Kewell, Cisse, Josemi, Nunez. That was the team that played a CL Final

Check the players in bold they were mostly average or below average players yet he won CL with it IN HIS FIRST SEASON . Give wenGAY that team and he wont escape the group stages

Thirdly the difference is in the amount of funds wasted! Why not compute and juxtapose their transfer fees so we can see the ignorance of your list in Hi Definition

Of all Benitez wastes who was the most expensive? Most of these players he got under 5 milla or 10m.

Compare to wenGAY Reyes-20m, Eduardo- 17m,  Francis Jeffers- 13m, These 3 alone is like 50milla benitez would bought 8players with this amount (before I add Walcott, Ramsey etc )

Wenger might not be as successful as Benitez maybe he is not even as good as him but no manager in the last 5 seasons has been more wasteful

JOSE MOURINHO!!!. Sheva 30milla says it all
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2010
Add Pepe Reina to the list of world class. Mascherano is the best all-out defensive midfielder in world. you dont have to believe. I can see Dayokanu is giving u some education. grin God!! u gunners can never change.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 12:08am On Apr 07, 2010
@Chic2pimp & Bgees
The word 'world-class' has suffered! I dunno which word has been more abused world class or swagga. The rate at which y'all label any Tom,Dick & Ifeanyi world class makes me nauseous. The only thing Mascherano is world class at is getting silly bookings, making reckless tackles and silly sending offs! Mascherano the best DM in the world? I laugh in Sokoyokoto Olobe lo l'oko. Even Bgees dey call Agger world class, no be only Agger na Aghahowa! Shey u think say na by how many tattoo wey dey for person body dem dey take judge class?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by biina: 12:42am On Apr 07, 2010
bgees:

Add Pepe Reina to the list of world class. Mascherano is the best all-out defensive midfielder in world. you dont have to believe. I can see Dayokanu is giving u some education. grin God!! u gunners can never change.
Yes macherano too (forgot about him) but not Reina.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by biina: 12:44am On Apr 07, 2010
dayokanu:

JOSE MOURINHO!!!. Sheva 30milla says it all
Mourinho was against the transfer and was the beginning of the end of his tenure at Chelsea.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:05am On Apr 07, 2010
World class or not. how we dey battle Benfica ? can we repeat what Barcelona did to A40 or what they will do to biina ?? grin grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by biina: 4:45pm On Apr 07, 2010
bgees:

World class or not. how we dey battle Benfica ? can we repeat what Barcelona did to A40 or what they will do to biina ?? grin grin
Even when the played against our newly assembled team at the Nou camp, they could only manage 1-0.
We go show dem pepper for Saturday. Just praying that MP keeps his head and not try the nonsense he did against lyon.

Benfica go kill una
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:07am On Apr 08, 2010
Benitez admits to mistakes:

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has admitted making "regrettable mistakes" during his six-year tenure at Anfield.
The Spaniard has come under pressure this season as the Reds struggle to finish in the Premier League's top four and secure a Champions League place.

When asked if he had made mistakes, without specifying, he replied: "Every manager makes mistakes," before adding he had "sometimes" made "big mistakes".

The Reds trail Benfica 2-1 going into Thursday's Europa League quarter-final.

At the start of the year Benitez had promised to deliver Champions League football, despite the Merseysiders finding themselves adrift of Manchester City and Tottenham in the race for fourth place in the Premier League.

With his side struggling to reach the highs of last year when they lost only two games as they finished runners-up to champions Manchester United, Benitez has found his decisions in games and in the transfer market questioned.

"The manager plays every game," he reflected.

"You lose, you win or you draw every game and some players play, some don't, but the manager is always there."

The former Valencia boss was most recently criticised for his decision to substitute Fernando Torres in the 1-1 draw with Birmingham last Saturday.
The draw left Liverpool in sixth place, four points behind fourth-place Manchester City having played one game more than both Roberto Mancini's men and Tottenham, who are three points clear in fifth place.

Meanwhile this season, the Reds failed to reach the Champions League's lucrative group stages for the first time in Benitez's reign and suffered a shock 2-1 FA Cup third-round replay defeat to Reading at Anfield.

The sale of midfielder Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid for £30m has also been widely criticised as Liverpool's difficult campaign has unfolded, with his £20m replacement Alberto Aquilani struggling for fitness all season to the frustration of Benitez.

Spain defender Alvaro Arbeloa also moved to the Bernabeu, while the experienced Sami Hyypia was allowed to join German side Bayer Leverkusen.

"If you can manage as a club with the mistakes you are ok," said Benitez, before admitting: "We signed one player that has had a problem for the whole season and we cannot manage

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8608003.stm
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^^^ You beat me to it ! I was about to post it myself. . . . . sad,sad cry cry cry

Toyed with our collective aspirations. . . made us the laughing stock of the 'Big 4' angry angry angry

Put Ngog up front. . . the list is indeed endless sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.