Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity (2766 Views)

Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation / Tongues: A Fundamental Flaw In Pentecostalism / My Fear For Pentecostalism. . .will She Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by mekoyo(m): 10:57am On Feb 10, 2007
As the name implies drag on you are just dragging what you ought not to.
Now tell me from all you said how is pentecostalism a weak form of christianity?

Ask yourself this question:

1. Is it all churches that practice those things you listed?

2. The speaking in tongues you are talking about, how was it explained in the bible? Did God said that we should open our mouth and start saying anything? No He. The bibl said a s the spirit gave them uterrance they began to speak in new tongues, not strange tongues they spake the word of God with boldness.(Apostles).

3. Before you criticise pentecostal churches go and read your bible thoroughly and then understand the concpts, the main interpretation of the bible and come oput bodly to defend your claim.

4. Watch your mouth and dont let the wrath of God come upon you.

For more info send me an email.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2007
drag_on:

sigh! just as i thought penticostalism is so weak a religion. they know their is so much evil amongst them and their doctrines/belief so loose but still they move about other faiths like leopards looking for who to devour yet are so spotted themselves.beware of this sect and keep your distance from them!!!!!! maybe, just maybe i'll post a complete dossier on their errors only that it will be soooo loooong. i just tried to shorten it here.so pathetic.

drag on
The problem here is that you have a dark understanding. Theres no light in your explanation.

Whats about this denomination crap. I'm a Christian but i don't call my self pentecostal or catholic. My ways are stemed from the bible and the word of God.(and some from revelation knowledge). Do you know the so called pentecostals were the one outside who didnt receive the Holy Ghost when the disciples were together in one accord in Acts 2? why do you think the Disciples were in one accord in a room? and part of the so called pentecostals were the one who laughed and jeered at the manifestation of the Holy Ghost. Why werent ALL of the pentecostals baptized? The one who were even baptized became the Sons of God (not even Christians-that will be plain talk). and isnt pentecost a Jewish (Judaism) festival? leave the rest to you!
No wonder Paul knew this would come when he warned the Christains to refrain from choosing between him, Apollos or Jesus Christ. a pity
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by Backslider(m): 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2007
@drag_On

As Much as I agree with some of the points you raised, I will tell you this that for you to say pentecostalism (if there is anything like that ) is weak is throwing the baby with the bath water.

Yes the bible employ us that when we can not interprete the tongue we keep quiet.
Yes I know that the every spirit is subject to the EVANGELIST.

You will know that if this is so then let us face this alone and only.

The birth of Fanatism is knowing one truth and Overemphasizing it such that you dont want to know anything else.

The day of Pentecost is a very important day if you are christian you will know that without God The Holy spirit coming the move of the Gospel will not be possible in the manner we saw in the act of the apostle.

Without the Holy Ghost we can do nothing as Christians. he is the one that converts Us cleans our hearts from sin. and then he comes to live in US.

THE BIBLE SAYS THE SOUL THAT SINNETH IT SHALL DIE.

you say that we are sinners and that we will just be so.

I ASK YOU THIS QUESTION BEFORE ADAM AND EVE EAT THE FRUIT DID WE HAVE SIN ??

A MAN CAN LIVE WITHOUT SIN IF HE LEAVES A LIFE IN CHRIST BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by 4getme1(m): 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2007
@topic,

Every expression of a religion as it exists today is at best an attempt to represent the said religion in consonance with the special interpretation of the particular group being examined. This applies in Christianity as well as in Islam and other faiths.

The allegation that Pentecostalism is a weak form of Christianity is only a reflection of one man's view (drag_on) based on very myopic evaluation. At best, he was only expressing some of his personal vexations against something he really does not understand.
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by JJYOU: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2009
wbb
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by sleek29(m): 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2009
''An hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbour : but through knowledge shall the just be delivered'' proverbs 11:9,
Re: Pentecostalism: A Weak Form Of Christianity by Aizenosa(m): 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
Backslider:
@drag_On

As Much as I agree with some of the points you raised, I will tell you this that for you to say pentecostalism (if there is anything like that ) is weak is throwing the baby with the bath water.

Yes the bible employ us that when we can not interprete the tongue we keep quiet.
Yes I know that the every spirit is subject to the EVANGELIST.

You will know that if this is so then let us face this alone and only.

The birth of Fanatism is knowing one truth and Overemphasizing it such that you dont want to know anything else.

The day of Pentecost is a very important day if you are christian you will know that without God The Holy spirit coming the move of the Gospel will not be possible in the manner we saw in the act of the apostle.

Without the Holy Ghost we can do nothing as Christians. he is the one that converts Us cleans our hearts from sin. and then he comes to live in US.

THE BIBLE SAYS THE SOUL THAT SINNETH IT SHALL DIE.

you say that we are sinners and that we will just be so.

I ASK YOU THIS QUESTION BEFORE ADAM AND EVE EAT THE FRUIT DID WE HAVE SIN ??

A MAN CAN LIVE WITHOUT SIN IF HE LEAVES A LIFE IN CHRIST BY THE POWER OF THE HOLY GHOST.

Sorry not true, except u can control ur though, actions and words which is not possible cuz den u claim equality with God when u are His hand made even d bible says God repented when He wanted to wipe out d isrealites and make out of Moses a great nation but Moses intervened and said that He would be quoted as a God of wrath den God repented exodus 32:14 talkless of a mere human who was born in sin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism Is A Mental Illness, A Cry For Attention. / Why People Don't Understand Prophets / Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.