Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police (18418 Views)

Finally! Alison-madueke Honours London Police Invitation. / London Police Denies Arrest Of Diezani Alison-madueke. - Reuters. / Emperor Ademusiwa is the commander of the country of Western Nigeria military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Epiphany(m): 11:41am On May 29, 2012
Just seen the guys profile on linkedin. He's got a PhD in Criminology. Thats quite impressive. A very educated policeman.

This is what (or who) we need in Nigeria
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Chinom(m): 11:48am On May 29, 2012
Nice one from Nwa nnaa. Ka anyi kenee Olisa !!.(Glory be to God.)Igbo Kwenu.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Piyke: 12:22pm On May 29, 2012
I do congratulate him its no easy feat.

However the way we celebrate these kind of achievements raises a bugging question in my mind; does it come from an unconscious mindset that these people(whites) are better than us? It wouldn't be news to celebrate if a Briton got a top post in Nigeria. So why should we really celebrate?
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by mimifonwon(f): 12:33pm On May 29, 2012
SimonAndal: You're here fighting over his ethnicity or lack thereof, but correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he never identified with Nigeria in his interview.

No offense when he was born and as igbos the children are not taught to see themselves as nigerians, but as igbos. Just like many tribes in nigeria, we claim our ethnicity first and loyal to our ethnicity first before the country-because we dont believe in it. Next Olisa for you novice is of igbo origin. Each igbo clan have a specific God to their land. Igbo language is very versatile and remains so, so no need to argue his existence, the guy doesnt, so why take medicine for his headache. Just like there are many names used to call God in yoruba, each igbo clan have names specific to them and their God. First of all Chi or chinekerem- The God who created me-in igbo means ones personal God originally but do to chritianity it got used to mean chi-ukwu or chukwu which means big God-almighty God. But again it doesnt matter his origin the fact is that he doesnt identify with nigeria, and i dont blame him, because he wasnt raised nigerian, but igbo biafran. I dont know why you all always feel the need to be tribalistic about every good and bad news. May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by bilaya(m): 12:55pm On May 29, 2012
Bunch of ediots and lunatics.So all of a sudden,Olisa is no longer an Igbo name?If he were caught pushing drugs,all these miserable bastards and retar.ds like shymmex would have called Igbo.Bloody animals.Since when did other tribes start bearing olisa?To this Ediot and dull mammal called musiwa,why don't you shut your leprosy infected mouth instead of exhibiting your blatant ignorance.Olisa is Igbo...so all you Igbo hating pigs and cretins should get used to it.Animals

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Chinom(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2012
Piyke: I do congratulate him its no easy feat.

However the way we celebrate these kind of achievements raises a bugging question in my mind; does it come from an unconscious mindset that these people(whites) are better than us? It wouldn't be news to celebrate if a Briton got a top post in Nigeria. So why should we really celebrate?

I will throw the question back to you. Why would Nigerian/ African parents go to any length to make sure that their kids born in the UK or USA obtain a Britsh or American Passport ?. NO BRITISH OR AMERICAN CHILD BORN IN NIGERIA APPLIES FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT. The Singer Nathalie Imbruglia was born in Nigeria. Does she carry a Naija passport ?. NO. My friend accept the reality and move on.Those questions you posed are just politically correct questions, but utterly meaningless and unrealistic. We have a loooong way to go.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by bashr8: 1:16pm On May 29, 2012
for ignorant nairalanders, Olisa means GOd in igbo language and its an igbo name from anambra, delta igbos bear oliseh or olisah (with h) to in few cases and some others bear orisa but olisa have become more commonly used in all parts of igboland. no other ethnic group bears that name unless they tiff am as in one nigeria waka
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by NRIPRIEST(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2012
[quote author=PhysicsQED]lol@ the debate over the name Olisa. Multiple Nigerian ethnic groups use Olisa. It's not exclusive to one group or anything. One could be Yoruba from Lagos state and have the name Olisa. [/quote

Not that I care so much about his ethnicity but OLISA is a core Igbo name which originated from Anambra and Delta Igbos!! Any body who bears that name has a strong Igbo root!!
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2012
Nri, you've heard of the word 'Orisa' before, right?

And you know that r and l sometimes replace one another in words, right?

So what's your beef with my statement? It's just reality.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:06pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED: Nri, you've heard of the word 'Orisa' before, right?

And you know that r and l sometimes replace one another in words, right?

So what's your beef with my statement? It's just reality.

Firstly,ORISA doesnt mean God in yoruba,rather its a deity worshiped by them(the yorubas) unlike OLISA which means God in Igbo and has no pagan connection! All these misinformed ppl who say Igbos bear ORISA are very ignorant of what they are yapping about! I put my life on it that Igbo dont bear ORISA! Its either Olisa,Obasi or Abasi if at all we use the later. Orisa is an exclusive yoruba word and it has no Igbo root nor connection,whatsoever! Again,Igbos do not use Orisa and I will challenge anybody to prove me wrong! Its painful how ignorant some ppl are about a certain culture yet find the gut to come out and spew rubbish! I hate that! Orisa is a yoruba word and no Igbo bears that name!!
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 29, 2012
mimifonwon:

No offense when he was born and as igbos the children are not taught to see themselves as nigerians, but as igbos. Just like many tribes in nigeria, we claim our ethnicity first and loyal to our ethnicity first before the country-because we dont believe in it. Next Olisa for you novice is of igbo origin. Each igbo clan have a specific God to their land. Igbo language is very versatile and remains so, so no need to argue his existence, the guy doesnt, so why take medicine for his headache. Just like there are many names used to call God in yoruba, each igbo clan have names specific to them and their God. First of all Chi or chinekerem- The God who created me-in igbo means ones personal God originally but do to chritianity it got used to mean chi-ukwu or chukwu which means big God-almighty God. But again it doesnt matter his origin the fact is that he doesnt identify with nigeria, and i dont blame him, because he wasnt raised nigerian, but igbo biafran. I dont know why you all always feel the need to be tribalistic about every good and bad news. May God help us all.
_
You claim him, si. But does he claim you?

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Beaf: 2:12pm On May 29, 2012
People like Olisa, Chuka Umunna, Robert Agbede, Oluyemi Badero etc give a lot of hope and belief to Nigerians living abroad.
It is possible to get to the very top anywhere you are (ask the American President with an African name).
Carry go!
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ak47mann(m): 2:18pm On May 29, 2012
FSU:

Per Naija tribal demagoguery, it is not important where he was born in. What is important is his ethnic heritage. Apparently, he is Igbo (Delta Igbo or Anambra Igbo), as in, Olisa Agbakoba family. This Igbo people sef. All those Yoruba criminals in the UK should begin to repent. Biafran police will whoop their a/rs/es soon
already started,as u can see,we have now gone too deep in american and uk government.............we are the only tribe they trust in Nigeria very unfortunate cool cool
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2012
Nri, where did I claim that Igbos bear the name orisa? I'm not sure whether they do, but it's not what I was really focusing on. I was actually just pointing out that orisa can in fact change to olisa or perhaps vice versa, hence the non-exclusivity of the name. In fact oliha can also change to olisa. Find out what 'lenition' and 'fortition' are to linguists and you'd understand my comment better.

As for the real meaning of orisa, that can be debated. But there's no point corrupting this thread to do so, so I don't think I'll discuss it at this time.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Africason(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2012
Musiwa,,:
you be correct igbo, igbo people like to claim better thing. If them say, the man now criminal now, you go say olisa na yoruba name? Una go kill person self.
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by galaxi(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Firstly,ORISA doesnt mean God in yoruba,rather its a deity worshiped by them(the yorubas) unlike OLISA which means God in Igbo and has no pagan connection! All these misinformed ppl who say Igbos bear ORISA are very ignorant of what they are yapping about! I put my life on it that Igbo dont bear ORISA! Its either Olisa,Obasi or Abasi if at all we use the later. Orisa is an exclusive yoruba word and it has no Igbo root nor connection,whatsoever! Again,Igbos do not use Orisa and I will challenge anybody to prove me wrong! Its painful how ignorant some ppl are about a certain culture yet find the gut to come out and spew rubbish! I hate that! Orisa is a yoruba word and no Igbo bears that name!!

how much do you know about igbo names before writing that rub-bish and signing your death warrant? Am sure of two igbo family that bear ORISA,from abia south(ngwa) &imo state,So stop show casing your ignorance to the world.Athough i dnt support this tribal online war.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by lepasharon(f): 2:55pm On May 29, 2012
bittyend: Who cares? Phuck the feds!!!

lol.But but when shit goes down,its them ur calling isnt it?
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Vergil: 3:09pm On May 29, 2012
Chinom:

I will throw the question back to you. Why would Nigerian/ African parents go to any length to make sure that their kids born in the UK or USA obtain a Britsh or American Passport ?. NO BRITISH OR AMERICAN CHILD BORN IN NIGERIA APPLIES FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT. The Singer Nathalie Imbruglia was born in Nigeria. Does she carry a Naija passport ?. NO. My friend accept the reality and move on.Those questions you posed are just politically correct questions, but utterly meaningless and unrealistic. We have a loooong way to go.

Oh my goodness....
From NOW on, I'd be filtering everything I read on this site.

Natalie Imbruglia, born in Nigeria?? Not Australia abi?

Lord have good mercy on human beings!

Cheeeiii!

Mr/Miss. Chinom! Everybody, watch what this user says from now on o!
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 29, 2012
What is wrong with you all, this man does not give an inch about you, he is only loyal to his white masters that employed he doesnt care about anyone of you
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by cheikh: 4:50pm On May 29, 2012
chmod777
People like you call Late Nzeogwu and Igbo man (Which truely he was without shame) because he lead a coup, but you forget he was from Asaba. [/b]Thank God you could acknowlege Asaba man in Delta state is Igbo.

@^^ No, [b]Nzeogwu
is from Okpanam about a kilometre away from Asaba. It is because most of the military officers from the Igbo speaking areas of Delta state "claim" to come from Asaba, hence the added vengeful/ vindictive reason for the infamous massacre/genocide of the people of Asaba by the so called Federal Nigeria Soldiers fighting to keep Nigeria One.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by chillbabe(f): 4:55pm On May 29, 2012
sweet hunibun: Foolish negro getting excited over black police commander. Ibo, yoruba, benin etc he will lock you up if he caught you doing sh*t. The more he got his own black race lock up the more he got credit from his white boss.. Get that straight in your head

What a load of BS get a life
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by babsjnr(m): 5:47pm On May 29, 2012
United kingdom had black police commander since 2004 michael fuller from kent. Olisa is not first black commander in the whole uk but first in london

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by sweethunibun(m): 6:30pm On May 29, 2012
True michael fuller was chief constable of kent in 2004 now chief inspector of crown prosecution. Police commander or whatever who care.. Gud for them and they family's
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by sweethunibun(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2012
chillbabe:

What a load of BS get a life
go and suck ya nanny in d grave yard
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 8:19pm On May 29, 2012
Not that I care about what tribe this guy hails from but I have to comment on that because the ignorance displayed thus far on this thread is beyond belief.

Olisa and Oliseh are names only used by Igbos mostly from Delta and Anambra state. I means "God" just like Chukwu, Obasi etc. No other tribe bears the name but Igbos. Thank you.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2012
There are definitely Yorubas with the last name Olisa. There can be no doubt about that. It's no big deal or anything though.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Germannig: 8:45pm On May 29, 2012
If anyone shows me any non Igbo with the name Olisa, then we are in business grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 8:46pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED: There are definitely Yorubas with the last name Olisa. There can be no doubt about that. It's no big deal or anything though.
Please, show me one Yoruba person who bears that name. Just do a google search on that name and tell me if any Yoruba person's name will appear.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by tpia5: 8:52pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:
Please, show me one Yoruba person who bears that name. Just do a google search on that name and tell me if any Yoruba person's name will appear.

olisa is a yoruba chieftancy title, though the guy being discussed might be edo or delta.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Germannig: 8:54pm On May 29, 2012
tpia@:

olisa is a yoruba chieftancy title, though the guy being discussed might be edo or delta.

Show an example of Olisa being a Yoruba title
Show an example of an Edo with the name Olisa
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 29, 2012
Still an IC3

"I remember once supervising an operation involving Prince Charles. There was a lot of media interest and the paparazzi were out in droves. We were advised to give the snappers a particular line of sight to the Prince. When Prince Charles approached, one journalist started shouting that he wanted to move closer. I told him it was as near as he was allowed. A bit of an argument ensued before he came out with 'I'm not talking to you any more, get me your supervisor'. I informed him that I was the supervisor. Half of the people around me grinned and the other half cringed
- Victor Olisa
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 8:58pm On May 29, 2012
Germannig:

Show an example of Olisa being a Yoruba title
Show an example of an Edo with the name Olisa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Rejects PDP’s Denial Of Fayose’s Controversial Buhari Advert / "Robert Akunne Obuoha Attempted To Bribe Me" - Ishaq Salihu, EFCC Zonal Head / Osinbajo Launches African Development Bank Nigeria Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.