Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,836 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police (18421 Views)

Finally! Alison-madueke Honours London Police Invitation. / London Police Denies Arrest Of Diezani Alison-madueke. - Reuters. / Emperor Ademusiwa is the commander of the country of Western Nigeria military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by dasparrow: 1:02am On May 30, 2012
@Post

Congrats to Mr Victor Olisa.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by OneNaira6: 2:06am On May 30, 2012
Nigerians are sad sha.

Just congratulate the dude and move on, all this tribe argument is irrelevant.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Musiwa49: 2:08am On May 30, 2012
chmod777 , tunde bakare is from Ogun state and not from ilorin.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by slam7000(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2012
shymmex:

Stop hating on Yoruba girls, they have arguably the best shape in naija... I have seen some Igbo girls with bodies to die for - but Yoruba girls have bodies for days...

I used to think Yoruba girls were overrated, till I actually moved to dagenham in East London... Boi, these new breed of Yoruba girls are unbelievable.. shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

Their bum alone will make you start fantasizing.. grin grin grin

Met these babes in '06'.We were on queue at stratford station waiting for KICC [Ashimolowo]i was standing behind her ..cldnt concentrate on what the man was saying,had some wicked hard on throughout the service...i nailed one about 5months later ,the other went back to naija after her masters...it was funnnnnnn.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Germannig: 5:44pm On May 30, 2012
Some Igbo Olisas. Can we see facebook-compliant faces of Yoruba/Itshekiri Olisa grin grin grin

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by mimifonwon(f): 6:41pm On May 30, 2012
[quote author=shymmex][/quote]

lol you know what this proves, that ijebu people are mostly igbos than of any other tribe, sorry my dear but the guy is igbo, my cousin dated his niece. And his sister lives in houston texas and bears igbo names and speaks igbo and comes to annual anioma meetings. nawaooo lets just accept we are all mixed with eachother, but olisa, orisa etc means same thing in igbo, like i said each clan have Gods specific to their lands,and each clan have dialects that is so complicated yet similar to eachother.But Olisa or orisa is the same name and it belongs to name to the igbo tribe, and if found in others its either it means something diff or the people are of igbo heritage. oya muah chop kiss and hugs fam smiley
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 6:45pm On May 30, 2012
Una no dey tire? Next we'll hear how 'ojo' is an indicator of ethnic background. Just let it rest.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Beaf: 6:47pm On May 30, 2012
When I started this thread, I didn't know the name would generate so much controversy.
It is 90% certain that Olisa is an Igbo name and that the police officer is Igbo. It was that clown called Shymmex that started the thread down this shameful path.
...Can we all just be happy for the man?

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Piyke: 8:14pm On May 30, 2012
Chinom:

I will throw the question back to you. Why would Nigerian/ African parents go to any length to make sure that their kids born in the UK or USA obtain a Britsh or American Passport ?. NO BRITISH OR AMERICAN CHILD BORN IN NIGERIA APPLIES FOR A NIGERIAN PASSPORT. The Singer Nathalie Imbruglia was born in Nigeria. Does she carry a Naija passport ?. NO. My friend accept the reality and move on.Those questions you posed are just politically correct questions, but utterly meaningless and unrealistic. We have a loooong way to go.

Good point. but I still believe Nigeria is to blame. Our leaders have simply not placed Nigeria on the map globally. For example China Japan etc all developed without western impute. Well I'm still against celebrating this act as if a Nigerian won a gold medal.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2012
PhysicsQED: Una no dey tire? Next we'll hear how 'ojo' is an indicator of ethnic background. Just let it rest.
"Ojo" is a different case. We know that Yorubas and Igbos from the Ohafia, Abriba and Arochukwu axis share the name but I don't think they mean the same thing.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 10:37pm On May 30, 2012
afam4eva:
"Ojo" is a different case. We know that Yorubas and Igbos from the Ohafia, Abriba and Arochukwu axis share the name but I don't think they mean the same thing.

Yet you didn't know that some Edo and Igala used it as well until I told you just now in this very sentence and you might have tried to argue about it with me as you did with olisa even after being shown proof. I never claimed that olisa in Igbo and in Yoruba necessarily had the same meaning and don't even care.

So much for 'a different case'.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by StarrMatthieu: 5:19am On May 31, 2012
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 31, 2012
Germannig: Some Igbo Olisas. Can we see facebook-compliant faces of Yoruba/Itshekiri Olisa grin grin grin

Facebook-compliant faces? cheesy
Never a dull moment around these parts.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by noiseless: 9:28pm On May 31, 2012
Only if the satelite pictures confirm that Musiwa,lol!
Musiwa,,:
chmod777 , tunde bakare is from Ogun state and not from ilorin.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by jantavanta(m): 10:09am On Jun 28, 2012
ZUBY77:
Thank you, you are wise.
Look at the way everyone is jumping up to claim Olisa because he made police captain. Those phucking brits made police IGs in our own country decades ago.

We like to be validated by a european because we have been metaphysically disarranged to be europeans and arabs in black skin.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:02am On Aug 01, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Lol, this particular soup has done a lot of harm to brains. Its this particular soup that has led to child molestation cases and criminal activities to its eaters. Stay away from this soup. Congrats olisa, proud igbo son just like many others. We bring the laurels while they bring the shame
Fallacy of hasty generalisation.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by GbengaOlisa: 8:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
am Gbenga Olisa from Ute in ose local government area of ondo state am 100% yoruba no mix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Idoma Group Lambasts Northern Governors For Defending Fulani Herdsmen / Osinbajo Launches African Development Bank Nigeria Office / COVID-19: PDP Asks Yahaya Bello To Apologise For Misleading Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.