Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police (18419 Views)

Finally! Alison-madueke Honours London Police Invitation. / London Police Denies Arrest Of Diezani Alison-madueke. - Reuters. / Emperor Ademusiwa is the commander of the country of Western Nigeria military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:
i know, like tiwa savage. and she really looks like a savage.

This edo guy that traveled to Canada yesterday again, huh?? grin grin grin

Your SN is homo, stay away from me... Are you a male "ezotik" prostitute in Canada? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2012
I intended to make the guy ethnically ambiguous by pointing out that his background couldn't be determined from his name, but some people are still dwelling on it. He's a Nigerian. Simple.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

Ever heard about Mobolaji Bank Anthony before??

It seems you have never traveled outside your village.. There are millions of Yoruba with English names - even English first, and last names...
Always learn to read before commenting. I never said Yorubas don't bear English names rather I meant that they don't use them. They'll rather use their Yoruba names unlike some Igbos.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by AndreUweh(m): 10:11pm On May 29, 2012
bittyend:

You guys are liars!!

Olisa is an Ijebu ode name...

Igbos are notorious for thieving Yoruba names... Rotimi Amaechi... Obasi (another Yoruba name stolen by igbos)... Oguji (another Yoruba name stolen by igbos). grin grin grin grin
The problem with you is either your inability to travel outside the south west or inability to mix up with people who are only from the south west.
Any well-informed Nigeria knows that Olisa is an Igbo name. Other versions are Oliseh, Olizeh-they all mean God.
Even my Ghanian friends here in the U.K got to know the appointment of this Igboman before me. If Ghanians can know that Olisa is an Igboman, how much more fellow Nigerians. Strange.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:
Always learn to read before commenting. I never said Yorubas don't bear English names rather I meant that they don't use them. They'll rather use their Yoruba names unlike some Igbos.

Not in the UK, tho... Most Yoruba people here bear English first names.. Heck, some even change their last names to English names.. I know a couple of people who have done that.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by aljharem(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2012
Andre Uweh:
The problem with you is either your inability to travel outside the south west or inability to mix up with people who are only from the south west.
Any well-informed Nigeria knows that Olisa is an Igbo name. Other versions are Oliseh, Olizeh-they all mean God.
Even my Ghanian friends here in the U.K got to know the appointment of this Igboman before me. If Ghanians can know that Olisa is an Igboman, how much more fellow Nigerians. Strange.

Which means your ghanian friend is as ignorant as YOU !!! or da.ft undecided

So shut up
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 10:15pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

This edo guy that traveled to Canada yesterday again, huh?? grin grin grin

Your SN is homo, stay away from me... Are you a male "ezotik" prostitute in Canada? cheesy cheesy cheesy

i've never left the great bengazzi in my life, u fvcking idi0t.

btw, why did u have to insult me becos i agreed with u?
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2012
bittyend:
Is Obasa (changed to obasi by ibos) an ibo name??

I think obasi is Ibibio, not a variant of obasa.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 10:18pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED: I intended to make the guy ethnically ambiguous by pointing out that his background couldn't be determined from his name, but some people are still dwelling on it. He's a Nigerian. Simple.
I could care less if he's from mars. I was just trying to correct a misconception which you've no backed up with a solid evidence.

Btw, why do you guys like making statements like "He's a Nigerian simple". If we follow that logic, then we can as well say "He's an African simple" or "He's a human being simple". There's absolutely nothing wrong in an ethnic group claiming someone that's from their tribe.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:
i never left the great bengazzi in my life, u fvcking idi0t.
why did u have to insult me becos i agreed with u?

Why call the girl a savage, huh?? She's naija's best female talent (though mediocre IMHO).. Stop insulting the chic. cool
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:
I could care less if he's from mars. I was just trying to correct a misconception which you've no backed up with a solid evidence.

Btw, why do you guys like making statements like "He's a Nigerian simple". If we follow that logic, then we can as well say "He's an African simple" or "He's a human being simple". There's absolutely nothing wrong in an ethnic group claiming someone that's from their tribe.

But the guy isn't even Igbo, so, why call him what he is not??

He also referred to himself as a Nigerian - why can't we just let him be??

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Dude, pls you're killing me. Obasi is not an Ibibio name but an Igbo name that may have it's history there. Obasi is used mostly by Igbos from Ebonyi and Abia state. Let's stop this misinformation.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 10:21pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

Why call the girl a savage, huh?? She's naija's best female talent (though mediocre IMHO).. Stop insulting the chic. cool

so why won't i call her savage? is that not her name? and i never commented on her talent, i only commented on her looks.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by AndreUweh(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Abasi is Ibibio while Obasi is Igbo. They mean the same thing-God.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by aljharem(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

But the guy isn't even Igbo, so, why call him what he is not??

He also referred to himself as a Nigerian - why can't we just let him be??

Point of correction, Nigerian born

He is no longer Nigerian not to talk of Igbo or Yoruba etc

I am sure if you trace his root, he has no connection with Igbo but of course like of Andre and other tribalistic goons here would claim him to be Igbo

Edo/Deltan bear Olisa

Also middle belters and Ijebus bear Olisa so all this claim is very funny. Shows high inferiority complex
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2012
Afam4eva,

My point is that the name is not a good indicator of ethnic background, so the ethnic/tribal statements would have to cease. I have no problem with people claiming members of their ethnic group.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by aljharem(m): 10:27pm On May 29, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Abasi is Ibibio while Obasi is Igbo. They mean the same thing-God.

Can you shut the mess up when the hell did Obasi become an Igbo name.

Obasi is also a Yoruba name, also used among Igala and Ebira

they might not mean the same thing but OBASI is a different meaning in yoruba.

so It is not only igbo ok
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 29, 2012
ezotik:
so why won't i call her savage? is that not her name? and i never commented on her talent, i only commented on her looks.

The girl is actually pretty, only her teeth looks funny... How many naija female artists are better looking, with a better shape than her??

Stop being a hater.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 10:28pm On May 29, 2012
On obasi, I don't think I'm going to get drawn into the same kind of argument in a different form twice in the same thread, so let's just forget that.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem:

I am sure if you trace his root, he has no connection with Igbo but of course like of Andre and other tribalistic goons here would claim him to be Igbo

Edo/Deltan bear Olisa

Also middle belters and Ijebus bear Olisa so all this claim is very funny. Shows high inferiority complex
What does Olisa mean in Yoruba and Edo? At least it means God in Igbo.

And how come there's no prominent Edo or Yoruba person that bears that name. Is the name that unpopular? At least Olisa Adibua and Olisa Agbakoba bear the name.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem:

Edo/Deltan bear Olisa

The guy is as Nigerian as any Nigerian born here, or born in Nigeria - with, or without a British passport... That's the way the system views everyone...
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 10:31pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

The girl is actually pretty, only her teeth looks funny... How many naija female artists are better looking, with a better shape than her??

Stop being a hater.
That girl is hot, I no go lie. She's arguably the sexiest in the industry. The girl body na die.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by BlackPikiN(m): 10:31pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem:

Can you shut the mess up when the hell did Obasi become an Igbo name.

Obasi is also a Yoruba name, also used among Igala and Ebira

they might not mean the same thing but OBASI is a different meaning in yoruba.

so It is not only igbo ok

Are you daft? Me never see any one wey dey answer Obasi except Igbo people

OBASI NA PROPER IGBO NAME!

PhysicsQED:

Abasi na Ibibio while Obasi na Igbo.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:

And how come there's no prominent Edo or Yoruba person that bears that name. Is the name that unpopular? At least Olisa Adibua and Olisa Agbakoba bear the name.

The 'prominent' thing is subjective... And all the people you mentioned don't even have olisa as their last names - but Yoruba people have olisa as their last names..

Have you ever met a prominent Yoruba person with Ogunshina as his last name?? But does that mean Ogunshina isn't a Yoruba name??

Afam, let's allow the tribe talk...
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by aljharem(m): 10:33pm On May 29, 2012
afam4eva:

I am not Ijebu so I can not tell you.

as for the Obasi yes it mean something in yoruba which is in reference to the king
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by PhysicsQED(m): 10:33pm On May 29, 2012
I'm pretty sure Olisa is not Edo.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Obiagu1(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2012
While a Keyna is the President of the United States, Nigerians are on NL somersaulting because a Nigerian becomes a London police commander. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by aljharem(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Are you daft? Me never see any one wey dey answer Obasi except Igbo people

OBASI NA PROPER IGBO NAME!

Again NOT IT IS NOT A PROPER IGBO NAME

at least not to others that are not as ignorant as you here
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Afam4eva(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2012
PhysicsQED: On obasi, I don't think I'm going to get drawn into the same kind of argument in a different form twice in the same thread, so let's just forget that.
Please, let's do it again. Afterall you brought it up. Just show me one Ibibio person that bears Obasi and not Abasi. And this timen o chieftaincy titles plssss.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ZUBY77(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2012
Afam do me a favour and stop arguing with these kids.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by ezotik: 10:36pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

Stop being a hater.

nah, she aint pretty. but yeah, her shape is alright and that makes her fvckable.
i guess men who fvck her put a pillow across her woski face while nailin the pvssy.
Re: Victor Olisa: First Black Commander Of London Police by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 29, 2012
Here is the Ijebu meaning:

The Ijebu History
A version of oral history claimed that some sixty Olisa had reigned in Ijebu-Ode. But their names and time are lost to memory, save a few. And even in the few, some dates are speculative as some records date same event some one hundred years apart. Nevertheless, some important historical facts feature repectitively in the various versions of oral history of the Olisa. All version of oral history we encountered claimed that OLISA, a shorthand version of OLU OF ISA was an oba in his native home, ISA, located variously around Imesi in Ekiti.

http://ijebuifeculture..co.uk/2011/09/ijebu-history.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Grounding of Rivers' Aircraft: My Story - Amaechi / Presidential Poll: INEC Plotting To Match Irev Information With Form EC8A – PDP / Fani-Kayode Celebrates His Son, Aragorn's 1st Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.