Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook (16233 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Guys: Can You Marry A Lady Who Can't Cook? / How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by jude33084(m): 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2012
angry
goodluckizuchi: I we not marry a woman that can not cook 4 me in the name of love bcs it we bring a wast of money to me and I don't know why I marry her I we sen her back to her family let her mother traine her well

I beg some guys need to go back to primary school angry

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Smallville4live(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
The answer is noooooooooooooooooooooooo. But true LOvE can change this answer to yes. After she will learn.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2012
ebamma: if the food between her legs is sweet i won't mind if the food were she cook for kitchen no sweet.

S-e-x alone cannot sustain a marriage that is expected to last till you die.Sooner or later,you'd get irritated by just seeing her.Trust me.Anyways,if she cooks badly is different from having a stance that she wont cook at all.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by tomzman: 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2012
fellis:
How can eating outside end anyone's marriage?
Have you forgotten the saying that ''the way to a man's heart is through his............... ''Try and complete it yourself.

Nice thread though cheesy
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by eribaba: 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2012
An Absolutely NO. My uncle is a very good cook but he got married to a below average cook as a wife and I know how bad he feels today even though he suppresses it. What do you expect such a wife to teach her children about cooking?
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by calipso(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
Na wa oh..............its unthinkable.

see below analysis
you marry your wife because you love her, why do you love her?
1. she is pretty, caring and probably a good companion. is that all you need for a wife?, what about the womanly thing? which is cooking and cleaning up?
2. cooking is a thing of the nature that when a woman cannot cook the marriage must have issues, unfortunately for the woman if her husband is a kind of man that love good food (not just any food but good food.)
3. a woman that does not know how to cook is an evident of bad up bringing, and a girl that has bad up bringing can hardly make a good wife.

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT SAID IF YOUR WIFE CANNOT COOK THAT THE MAN SHOULD COOK OR TEACH HER.

By default husband and wife has there natural/basic responsibilities, when a man goes out, looking for money to take care of his family and pay bills, he comes back and cannot eat because his wife has failed to play her part, may God help that woman and the marriage.

I Advice ladies that don't know how to cook should go and learn it now they are still single...

LET A WORD BE ENOUGH FOR THE WISE...................My 2 Cent.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Sagytarius(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
jude33084: angry

I beg some guys need to go back to primary school angry

it baffles me too.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Frankiss44(m): 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
SuyaEater: Would You Marry A Woman That Cannot Cook? grin grin grin

Yes oh.... But only as a second wife
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by slimyem: 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
chimithen: The question can be asked in a different way; what is the woman you married or about to marry to you? Who technically is she to you? Some lady that you will subject to the imprisonment of the kitchen and the bedroom alone? Some un-presentable personality that you paid a heavy amount for and suppose you own her? Someone you can control and manipulate at your will? Some chicken brain person that requires you to think for her? Some dependent personality that will attain nothing in her life except in bedmatics and children rearing?

If you have these mindset or have borrowed this from your parents, i am sorry you have been misled. According to the word of the Lord, the woman is a helper and not a slave, a puppet or a tool that can be utilized as we deem fit. Yes she will have her troubles like you would, she will reveal her inner being and so will you but in a relationship between a wife and her husband, it is basically built upon the Love of God and the understanding they have come to.

Can she cook? No. Fine, if i can then i will teach her. I f i cannot and because i am busy, i send her to catering school. But if the both of us are working class and we can spare the time to enjoy some fun time together, it will be deliberated upon and she will surely want to upgrade fast cause the woman is competitive and will get attune with every thing required to hold on to her man if her man is willing to walk the daring path with her most likely.

The issue here is not the relationship, but i choose to chip it in cause a successful relationship between husband and wife is not in the cooking but in the general understand between these two who has become one before man and God. If you know what is right for your relationship, you will magnet your wife and cherish her cause you cannot have a better wife than your first wife. Before you go, i must add that the woman is simply created to be a multiplier and wonderful processor of little things into grand ones.

Give a woman a seed(sperm), she will allow you a child.
Give a woman a thought, she will drive you insane with a grand plan.
Give her a set of groceries, she will make you a wonderful meal.
Give her troubles, and she will render Hell all over you.

God bless you all.
can you marry a woman who can cook or not?that's the question!
No need for epistle!cheesy
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Franasoan(f): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
The number one thing in marriage is companionship,,,so others are secondary,,,,,she can still learn how to cook in one of these catering schools,it is a matter of time and money and remember love is blind
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Sagytarius(m): 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
slimyem: can you marry a woman who can cook or not?that's the question!

grin grin grin grin grin
I couldn't even attempt reading it!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by cowgurl: 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2012
Is the way to a man's heart STILL the stomach
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Paulego(m): 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2012
fellis:
How can eating outside end anyone's marriage?
Go and ask your mum.

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2012
Frankiss44:

Yes oh.... But only as a second wife
totally uncool bro grin
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by jude33084(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
slimyem: can you marry a woman who can cook or not?that's the question!

I wonder o, he almost wrote a book.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by jude33084(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
Fran asoan: The number one thing in marriage is companionship,,,so others are secondary,,,,,she can still learn how to cook in one of these catering schools,it is a matter of time and money and remember love is blind

So your mom went to catering school to learn how to cook, abi?
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by kandiikane(m): 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
You know what I find ironic? The way men dey go "tufiakua, God forbid" when in all honesty if they meet fine girl and dey get to know each other abit, the "can you cook" question will probably pop up. You damn right know say you nor go take phone hang up if you get "no" for an answer.

So why are these men on here forming for? I bet instead of asking "why can't you cook". Thoughts will be " hmm, well there is always househelp as long as she is still fine its alriight"

Hypocrisy!

If na wowo girl now na another matter. Dey must learn to cook to make up for not being fine.

Shallow men!

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Paulego(m): 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
Fran asoan: The number one thing in marriage is companionship,,,so others are secondary,,,,,she can still learn how to cook in one of these catering schools,it is a matter of time and money and remember love is blind
is love really blind when it comes to this matter in Africa. I pity all these men who said they can marry her and afterwards teach her or take her to a catering school.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by aneldaking(m): 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Where do you think you are or who exactly do you think you're talking to?

A 21st century woman says she prefers a man that can cook, a man still stuck in the 50s tells her it's a woman's job. You think you just came back from the war, Soldier?
Better get an apron and get cooking.

What's the use of a man that cannot cook? No use whatsoever.
i cnt even mary a woman like u dat talks d way u do gosh

5 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by bknight: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
Can u marry a man that's not good in bed?

Yes, certain weaknesses can be and should be covered by love. But then again, certain qualities make love blossom. Its frustrating to eat food dats not well prepared everyday over and over.
There are certain attributes natural to ladies who have tendencies to be good wives, they are good at chores. A girl not being able to cook says a lot beyond 'not being able to cook'. One can deduce a lot from that, enough to shut love down. There are many reasons why people don't end up marrying who they love.

Its easy to say 'I can marry a girl dat cannot cook' until u r in dat dilemma, its misery. I can cook but I'm certainly not willing to enter into such marriage, not because of d food alone but because of d other warning signals associated with it -lazy, high cost of maintaining d home, obnoxious,low sense of responsibility (dis shld hv driven her to learn) etc. I don't need her to be d best cook in d universe, but not being able to fix d family edible meals will be a shame even d kids won't be happy abt.

In matters of marriage, love and reason should balance each other.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Paulego(m): 12:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
aneldaking:
i cnt even mary a woman like u dat talks d way u do gosh
tell her. This is why you find many ladies that are of age to marry not married.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Donmeca(m): 12:35pm On Jun 02, 2012
More like asking a lady "Can u marry a man whose pri.ck cannot stand?" No pls! I'm a great cook and she's gotta b a good cook too to make our kitchen interesting. Thank u.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by johnstar(m): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
Nonsense upon nonsense undecided undecided
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by kandiikane(m): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
Tallest9: evn if na AGBANI..those sayin u wil teach her,what d heck was she doin while growin up dat she didnt learn 4rm her mumsi?..slimyem i jst hpe u dnt live wat u say cos I JST WONDER

She was learning to be more fine so your children won't take after you tongue
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by aneldaking(m): 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

A 21st century woman says she prefers a man that can cook, a man still stuck in the 50s tells her it's a woman's job. You think you just came back from the war, Soldier?

cheesy
Ileke-IdI:

women nd bad mouth
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nasri100(m): 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
yes she is my wife ffs Washing Ironing F u c k i ng and etc will do the cooking my self.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2012
Lagusta:

if a husband eats at a lady friend's place, no strings attached, and finds out that she can cook well compared to his wife, wont the man go chopping in that lady's house, then one night together, then weekend together, then.....
dude. Why will a man whose wife cannot cook go to his lady friend's house to eat? If a woman's husband does not have enough money to give her, would it be normal for her to go to her guy friends' house to collect money?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
Here I am again, in another Nigerian-mentalitied (pardon grammar) opinioned thread. Lol.
First of all ill state once again
MARRIAGE IS A HELP-MEET
Why did God create eve for Adam? Was it To pluck him fruit when he was hungry or for companionship?
When dey were cast out of d heavens, d only ting and I mean dis as 'occupation', that were to work for was just food. Nw, dey split d job. Adam grew d crops, hunted d animals and eve processed (cooked) the outcome. So they were jus satisfied eh?
Cool, nw let's move just a little bit forward to the time of our fore fathers and probably immediate ancestors. In which d situation was more lyk d adam n eve tym. D women didn't go hunting or farming, dey waited behind at home to process d returns of their husbandz hardwork. That period was where pride came in and men started to think deir wives ought to treat dem lyk mini-gods.
Well, let's JetUp to d computer age, which is where we are nw.
Times are pretty hard. Food is no longer one of d basic wants. Agriculture and hunting is no longer d basic careers. Everyone needs means to acquire all dese needs food, shelter, clothing and even maybe ostentatious article . Women are required to be joint-breadWinners of the family too. The couple works hard to meet all dese and satisfy d needs of their family.
Please when d man and d woman have gone out to jointly perform d 'supposed-to-be' man's duty together, u still expect that the woman is it perform has 'supposed-to-be-duty' alone? C-mmon!

Its not about following the western culture. Its about thinkn smart and actin right. Ignorance is but of the devil. If u think assigning particular roles to woman is right, u need to think again. Marriage is not about getting a perfect chef.. Its about gettin sum hu understands u and hu u can understand, its about satisfying each other and working towards achieving a goal.

Nw, if u read dis and u tink u want to respond, be civilised and polite. I do not tolerate loose-mouthed talkers. Bless

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
fellis:
dude. Why will a man whose wife cannot cook go to his lady friend's house to eat? If a woman's husband does not have enough money to give her, would it be normal for her to go to her guy friends' house to collect money?

Why exactly do women get married cuz every single reason I know are usually tagged punishment on them by their husbands ?
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
jude33084:

Eating outside(at your mistress house) may never make you come home again my bro
but why are you keeping a mistress in the first place?
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by djosh4(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2012
Marry a woman who can't cook? Not a chance in hell!!!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by lotannam: 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Yes I can. I did not marry her so she can cook did I? Cos If I wanted someone to cook for me, I will move back with my mum or hire a cook.
I will marry because I want to spend the rest of my life with the woman not because of food

I don't believe you meant what you wrote above!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unclad Yoga: Woman, 30, Who Teaches Classes In The Nude 18+(pictures) / More Memes As Sex Dolls Trend / Want to know the man you're dating? Characteristics of men through their signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.