Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook (16227 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Guys: Can You Marry A Lady Who Can't Cook? / How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
i pity men saying dey can cope with her inability to cook. Imagine u having visitors and she mixes those ingredients for them (as opposed to cookin)? Jeez! I really pity una. COOKING WILL ALWAYS BE A CRITERIA 4 MARRIAGE! Better teach her b4 marrying her.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Why exactly do women get married cuz every single reason I know are usually tagged punishment on them by their husbands ?
Now you're just exaggerating. Bearing children is not considered punishment.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by kandiikane(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
^ could be if the husband wants 3000 spartan children.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
Paulego:
Go and ask your mum.
I asked a question, if you didn't have the ability to answer it you should have just passed by it without replying you filthy disease-ridden vermin.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
kandiikane: ^ could be if the husband wants 3,000 spartan children.
grin
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by cusehcuseh(m): 12:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
It is a taboo 4 one 2 b called sum1's wife bt cnt cook 4 d husband. A woman who isn't domesticated don't worth being sum1's wife.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by PrinceDudu(m): 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
I bet those saying dat they will not marry a woman who cannot cook will definitely not marry a full time housewife cos as it is nowadays every man wants a woman who will bring in little support and as such, cooking like any other thing in marriage can be learnt and improved upon in order to spice up the marriage.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by bknight: 12:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
Fran asoan: The number one thing in marriage is companionship,,,so others are secondary,,,,,she can still learn how to cook in one of these catering schools,it is a matter of time and money and remember love is blind

What exactly does companionship entail? You might want to critically examine 'companionship'.

cowgurl: Is the way to a man's heart STILL the stomach

Certainly hon, certainly! Add 'good cooking' to ur arsenal darl,& ur journey will be smoother -i assure u!

@ 21st century advocates who cannot cook: do you like food that taste good? Don't u think those dat sold 'civility' to you appreciate good cooks? Is it civilized to give people poo for food?
When u're in rome...when u r in africa, do as africans do!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by kandiikane(m): 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
loool, What The Hell? You made women sound like dogs. .
cusehcuseh: It is a taboo 4 one 2 b called sum1's wife bt cnt cook 4 d husband. A woman who isn't domesticated don't worth being sum1's wife.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Donmeca(m): 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
Fran asoan: The number one thing in marriage is companionship,,,so others are secondary,,,,,she can still learn how to cook in one of these catering schools,it is a matter of time and money and remember love is blind

companionship yes! What does that mean? To me, it means being together without getting tired of each other. It means losing count of time wen I'm with her....cos nothing else matters! The best place i can catch a woman is in a very neat kitchen filled with foodstuffs. I will hold her around d waist and kiss her neck, tell her how pretty she is and what a good cook she is while she stirs dat nice-smelling pot of vegetable soup. I will help wash d dishes, cut d vegies tease her in d kitchen...that's companionship! It will make her look forward to next weekend for another round of romantic cooking. Recall that if she can't cook, she will surely miss out on this experience.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by tessyade: 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2012
omojolajohnson: absolutely no but if she is not adamant to correction i will teach her all but, if she is adamant to correction she will be out of my life.My hobby is cooking and cleaning but that does not mean i should marry someone who can not cook no but am ready to teach her and even send her to school for that i dont care but is she is adamant i cant cope with her.because i cant raise my children in such way
Exactly my thought. Yes to the question ONLY where i am convince that she is ready to learn it. I can cook well but thats not a reason why i will live with a woman who cant cook.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Bright2(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
Yes i can since i can cook bt if she can't read nor write well,no way cos i'll not do the childeren home work!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
goodluckizuchi: I we not marry a woman that can not cook 4 me in the name of love bcs it we bring a wast of money to me and I don't know why I marry her I we sen her back to her family let her mother traine her well

Seems to me you've wasted money going to school. What did you type here?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by ACM10: 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Yes I can. I did not marry her so she can cook did I? Cos If I wanted someone to cook for me, I will move back with my mum or hire a cook.
I will marry because I want to spend the rest of my life with the woman not because of food

@bolded, where would your dad move to get a cook? You're very silly.

I hope that you'll have a thirst of a woman that can't cook, so that you'll rush back to this thread and give testimony. In the process, educate other overfed kidz like u that live an imagined life
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Donmeca(m): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
Bright2: Yes i can since i can cook bt if she can't read nor write well,no way cos i'll not do the childeren home work!

Y not marry her as an illiterate, since its obvious u can write and also read well? Children's homework? U can also do dat, if u can cook their food. No biggy! Guy wake up!!!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by bknight: 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
In my deepest thoughts, I think women are sacred. I mean they are very important and should be treated with respect. But, its not understandable to insinuate 21st century people/'civilized' are excused from being able to exhibit certain qualities necessary in my culture. The americans are lazy junk-eating types but in italy, good food is part of their culture. Women and men alike prefer home cooked food and drinks.

I am a very handy 'mr fix it' kinda person, I can spend d whole day fixing d micro, fridge, water or other things dat help d kitchen run smoothly. I cook well and won't be told to cook when its not convenient for her. But that she doesn't know how to cook? D kids will be looking forward to daddy's food and secretly begging him to cook? It jst doesn't sound cool.

I totally subscribe to division of labor. If I did everything else in d house + good bedroom, but d only thing she has to do is cook, and she doesn't know how to?
I'll ensure things she works with, so she better bring some sweet tasting substances from d darn kitchen, else we gonn having some issues there
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by ACM10: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
Never will I marry someone that can't cook. In fact, I've bounced 3 of my gf's because they can't cook delicious foods. There iz a saying in my tribe that "the way to a man's heart is thru hiz stomach". This statement haz been a time-tested maxim. That iz why Calabar girlz excel in this art, while other tribez are playin catch-up. In my tribe, girlz help their mother in the kitchen as early as 8yrz. Which means that she must have been an expert by the age of 15. My younger sister wz cookin a very delicious food when she wz 13. By the age of 16, she wz cookin for a large gatherin during a ceremony. It wz not a surprize to us when several suitors started to knock on our doorz when she wz only 17. My dad refused, insistin that she can only marry when she'z thru with the university. She later married at the age of 22 during her NYSC.

I don't know what I should be doin with a woman that can't cook. My role as a husband iz to provide for the family and make them comfortable. I can't be the breadwinner and chef at the same time. Even when we change role, I can never accept the role of a chef. I wouldn't want to hire a cook either. Therefore, the ability of a woman to cook a delicious food iz one of the prerequisites in marriage.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by livapul86(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2012
This generation has gone Crazy. After reading the entire length of this thread and not one single justification by the ladies on the Importance and the intimate bonding that envelopes a family that eats together at home.
In your quest, to be tagged 21st century babes, don't end up Burying yourselves.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
ACM10: Never will I marry someone that can't cook. In fact, I've bounced 3 of my gf's because they can't cook delicious foods. There iz a saying in my tribe that "the way to a man's heart is thru hiz stomach". This statement haz been a time-tested maxim. That iz why Calabar girlz excel in this art, while other tribez are playin catch-up. In my tribe, girlz help their mother in the kitchen as early as 8yrz. Which means that she must have been an expert by the age of 15. My younger sister wz cookin a very delicious food when she wz 13. By the age of 16, she wz cookin for a large gatherin during a ceremony. It wz not a surprize to us when several suitors started to knock on our doorz when she wz only 17. My dad refused, insistin that she can only marry when she'z thru with the university. She later married at the age of 22 during her NYSC.

I don't know what I should be doin with a woman that can't cook. My role as a husband iz to provide for the family and make them comfortable. I can't be the breadwinner and chef at the same time. Even when we change role, I can never accept the role of a chef. I wouldn't want to hire a cook either. Therefore, the ability of a woman to cook a delicious food iz one of the prerequisites in marriage.
Seun do and remove anonymity from NL. Am tired of reading fallacious claims on this site.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by ACM10: 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
Why iz it that ladies remember 21st century when it comes to their role as a woman? But when it comes to the provision of money for the family, they subscribe to men's role since Neanderthal'z time. Even when women provides for the family, they makes sure that they treat the men like sh1yt. Are women really sincere whenever they talk of 21st century or are they usin 21st century as a tool to suppress criticizm from men?
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by omenziate(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Yes I can. I did not marry her so she can cook did I? Cos If I wanted someone to cook for me, I will move back with my mum or hire a cook.
I will marry because I want to spend the rest of my life with the woman not because of food

Ogbeni, go sidon jor, u wan score cheap points wit d ladies abi? A responsible woman who wants to keep his home should learn or know how to cook. The way to a man's heart is in d belly. I trust ma yoruba and igbo ,SS and akwa-ibom babes, as for d akata dem, dem fit eat burger,canned food and all dose MacDonald gbogbo ni se. But here in Naija, it is highly necessary.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
mollytinrox:

Seems to me you've wasted money going to school. What did you type here?

lol! Molly Molly! O mehn! Na wa o! Free d guy na, abi im dey drag position with u? grin grin
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by kandiikane(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2012
livapul86: This generation has gone Crazy. After reading the entire length of this thread and not one single justification by the ladies on the Importance and the intimate bonding that envelopes a family that eats together at home.
In your quest, to be tagged 21st century babes, don't end up Burying yourselves.

What's got to be justified ? There are no justifications because they know that not knowing how to cook is an embarrassment to womanhood especially an African woman just like its a embarrassment for a husband who cannot afford to look after his family.

Its not even knowing how to cook for your husband. Cooking is one of the basic skills every woman should know. I have housemates who cannot even boil spaghetti.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by ACM10: 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
fellis:
Seun do and remove anonymity from NL. Am tired of reading fallacious claims on this site.

OMG! You labelled my comment "fallacious claim"? Which part of it did u disagree with? BTW, I wz cookin by the age of 13. It'z not my fault that u did not recieve such home training. Many folkz that had such trainin will corroborate my story. I aint makin stuffs to advance my argument. This iz real life story.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
omenziate:

Ogbeni, go sidon jor, u wan score cheap points wit d ladies abi? A responsible woman who wants to keep his home should learn or know how to cook. The way to a man's heart is in d belly. I trust ma yoruba and igbo ,SS and akwa-ibom babes, as for d akata dem, dem fit eat burger,canned food and all dose MacDonald gbogbo ni se. But here in Naija, it is highly necessary.

gbam! No mind dem boys forming one tin one tin! Boys go just dey misyarn becoz of punny. Mstcheew!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by olaadegoke(m): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2012
Well,It's a vital criteria for a lady to keep her home but isnt a factor that can decide a marriage especially when the man is crazy in love with the chic cheesy
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by JojoArmani(m): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
just passing but my car break down in dis thread.

just No. Shikina
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2012
ACM10: Never will I marry someone that can't cook. In fact, I've bounced 3 of my gf's because they can't cook delicious foods. There iz a saying in my tribe that "the way to a man's heart is thru hiz stomach". This statement haz been a time-tested maxim. That iz why Calabar girlz excel in this art, while other tribez are playin catch-up. In my tribe, girlz help their mother in the kitchen as early as 8yrz. Which means that she must have been an expert by the age of 15. My younger sister wz cookin a very delicious food when she wz 13. By the age of 16, she wz cookin for a large gatherin during a ceremony. It wz not a surprize to us when several suitors started to knock on our doorz when she wz only 17. My dad refused, insistin that she can only marry when she'z thru with the university. She later married at the age of 22 during her NYSC.

Lol. *coughs*
Soooo, what ure tryna is Ur sister was a madAss chef dat men started queuing at ur dadz door for her hand in marriage? U dint bother to tell us hw lovely and admirable ur sister was, personalityWise. In essence, d only reason she was magnetting marriage proposals was because she could cook? Errrrrrmmmm... *coughs* oga, ur sister must be SUPERCHEF! wink
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by blackrules1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2012
@OP I dey craze ni ? ?
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by hrhobi1(m): 2:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
MY QUESTIONS IS , ARE THERE REALLY PEOPLE WHO CANT COOK
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by jason123: 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
These ladies are funny mehn! Well, I am a very good cook even better than my spouse but I prefer to eat my spouse's food. Why? It is because I love her and she do not want any other woman to cook my food (neither do I).

@ Women who can't cook, all I can say is, get ready for a SERIOUS heart break. The day your "loving and caring" husband or BF finds a girl that can cook, you are finished! There is a saying, " the easiest way to a man's heart is his stomach". Husband/BF snatchers know this FACT and they use this fact to get what they want. Although s.ex is important but food is very important. Please ladies, don't joke with your relationships, that is, if you are in a serious one (obviously, if you are in a non-serious relationship, then it does not matter whether you can cook or not).
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by FactFinder: 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
I can never marry a woman dt can't cook because cooking is also one of d qualities dt must be in woman b4 marry her even if i considered 2 marry her dt she ll soon catch up she can never mit up because d oldage said charity begin at home nd dry fish can never be remouldI can never marry a woman dt can't cook because cooking is also one of d qualities dt must be in woman b4 marry her even if i considered 2 marry her dt she ll soon catch up she can never mit up because d oldage said charity begin at home nd dry fish can never be remouldI can never marry a woman dt can't cook because cooking is also one of d qualities dt must be in woman b4 marry her even if i considered 2 marry her dt she ll soon catch up she can never mit up because d oldage said charity begin at home nd dry fish can never be remould

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience / Please This Girl Said She's A Virgin,can You Believe Her (photo) / Angry Fans Slam Yvonne Jegede For Showing Off Her Pant In Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.