Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook (16232 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Guys: Can You Marry A Lady Who Can't Cook? / How To Tell Your Girlfriend She Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by ACM10: 9:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
Joe Mosco: In the first place, why shouldn't a lady know how to cook......
Infact a woman's inability to cook is an indication of alot of other inadequacies........ She will lazy, careless.... Etc

GBAM! GBAM!!

Case closed.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
Nice one Joe Mosco.

Many people on here saying they can marry a lady that cannot cook are deluding themselves.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Lagusta(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
Joe Mosco: In the first place, why shouldn't a lady know how to cook......
Infact a woman's inability to cook is an indication of alot of other inadequacies........ She will lazy, careless.... Etc

stamped, seconded and sealed,,,, GBAM! End of discussion, moderators close thread please

P.S: God bless u Joe Mosco
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2012
Lowkeys: NAIJA AND THEIR OWN AWFUL MENTALITY undecided IS THAT A CRITERIA FOR MARRIAGE? THAT IS WHY YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE AN AVERAGE NAIJA MAN.
Abi o!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by obyikye(f): 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
No, I cannot marry a man that cannot cook.
thats nice of you!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by mspookie: 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
SuyaEater:

That is a woman's job abeg....men cook when they are not that busy!

Pls who assigned the cooking responsibility to women R u sayin women dont also get busy? If I ddnt v passion for cookin, I doubt I'll make cooking a duty except d man is ready to do d dishes. Division of labour noni grin
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by honeric01(m): 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
You can't cook and you want to be a wife? who's going to cook for your kids when you become a mother?
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Lagusta(m): 11:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
honeric01: You can't cook and you want to be a wife? who's going to cook for your kids when you become a mother?

na d stupid husband go enter kitchen, while d useless wife go put her smelly feet ontop table dey watch "palloma" or "desperate housewives" MTSCHEEEEEEEW, NONSENSE, BuLl§h!t
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 03, 2012
Hi guys, i'm in a fix here...We've been dating for a while now but I just recently discovered she can't cook basic meals or tidy up the apartment. When she's at my place, she spends too much time chatting on her BBm or gossiping on some blog. All my efforts aimed at teaching her the basic cooking techniques have seemed abortive since she continually claims she knows what she's doing and my presence in the kitchen isn't needed, bla bla bla...at the end, a bad meal precedes a quarrel. For the mature minds here, please advice me on how to go about teaching her these basic skills...
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 03, 2012
honeric01: You can't cook and you want to be a wife? who's going to cook for your kids when you become a mother?

Both woman and man should knowhow to cook.

A man that grew up with a mother should be ashamed of himself if he cannot cook. What was the silly man doing, so na just to enter kitchen chop?

Which woman wants to leave her children at home with a man who does not know his way around the kitchen? undecided

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by ehikhamenor: 4:42am On Jun 03, 2012
Ranoscky: YES, I CAN!! No big deal!

I will teach her how to cook later on.
That's good.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Metalgoong(m): 5:20am On Jun 03, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: Hi guys, i'm in a fix here...We've been dating for a while now but I just recently discovered she can't cook basic meals or tidy up the apartment. When she's at my place, she spends too much time chatting on her BBm or gossiping on some blog. All my efforts aimed at teaching her the basic cooking techniques have seemed abortive since she continually claims she knows what she's doing and my presence in the kitchen isn't needed, bla bla bla...at the end, a bad meal precedes a quarrel. For the mature minds here, please advice me on how to go about teaching her these basic skills...

Did this happen in Nigeria? . . I used style to dump my Nigerian- American girl friend because of similar behaviour you narrated. I cant imagine myself marrying a girl who at 23, still doesn't know how to cook or isn't humble enough to learn.

All i can tell you is that it is still too early for you to bail, athough it might be a painful desicion for both of you.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by olayanju22(m): 5:36am On Jun 03, 2012
Av u heard;

About the Grand Opening of The CUBBICLE EVENTS MARQUEE, IBB boulevard,Maitama,Abuja.

Date-Sun 1st July 2012.Event Vendors are Invited to Exhibit @ The pre-concert Exhibition.Tables @ Just 20k!:O<=-P

The lowest in Nigeria's History!!!..For more info =-c Michael-08023908954 or Funmilola-08057848384.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 03, 2012
Hi guys, i'm in a fix here...We've been dating for a while now but I just recently discovered she can't cook basic meals or tidy up the apartment. When she's at my place, she spends too much time chatting on her BB.

All my efforts aimed at teaching her the basic cooking techniques have seemed abortive since she continually claims she knows what she's doing and my presence in the kitchen isn't needed...at the end, a bad meal precedes a quarrel. For the mature minds here, please advice me on how to go about teaching her these basic skills...
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 03, 2012
Hi guys, i'm in a fix here...We've been dating for a while now but I just recently discovered she can't cook basic meals or tidy up the apartment. When she's at my place, she spends too much time chatting on her BB.

All my efforts aimed at teaching her the basic cooking techniques have seemed abortive since she continually claims she knows what she's doing and my presence in the kitchen isn't needed...at the end, a bad meal precedes a quarrel. For the mature minds here, please advice me on how to go about teaching her these basic skills...
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by jude33084(m): 7:07am On Jun 03, 2012
fellis:
but why are you keeping a mistress in the first place?

A wife that doesn't know how to cook can indirectly force her husband that loves good food to eat else where. The mistress thing could start by his female collegue inviting him over for dinner,.......no wonder this

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by jude33084(m): 7:10am On Jun 03, 2012

May GOD Almight Bless You for that Question you asked. No wonder lots of them don't have hussy.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by jude33084(m): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: Hi guys, i'm in a fix here...We've been dating for a while now but I just recently discovered she can't cook basic meals or tidy up the apartment. When she's at my place, she spends too much time chatting on her BB.

Pls in the aspect of cleaning, don't compromise it at allllll! But for the cooking aspect, well there is still time for you to teach her or tell your mom to since her mom has failed to do her job
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Biggyd2: 9:22am On Jun 03, 2012
For me, it is very simple. Before you marry, and you believe that knowing how to cook is a criterion for you to tie the knot, PLEASE, PLEASE and PLEASE, make it known to your partner! If they love you enough and at that period, they do not know how to cook, they will surely go and learn. My Aunt has thought so many brides to be how to cook. And who says that there is ay big deal in learning how to cook? It is not rocket science, anyways. And yes, some 10 year olds do know how to cook. But please in this age do not crucify everyone who doesn't. We are living in an age where Mum and Dad work from 8am to 9pm. Children are sent to creches from age 3months from where some of them graduate to boarding house nursery schools and of course the rest is history. I suggest that if you have 95% of what you want in a spouse and you still want the cooking bit, then you may want to teach your spouse how to cook or encourage them to learn(UNLESS IT IS FUNDAMENTAL TO YOU THAT YOUR SPOUSE CAN COOK BEFORE YOU MARRY).

Lastly, I will go my Mum's teachings any day, All her children (regardless of gender) MUST learn how to cook because you do not know who you will marry tomorrow. And trust me, it works wink wink wink
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by dukila: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2012
SuyaEater: Would You Marry A Woman That Cannot Cook? grin grin grin

you know i asked a guy this question and do you know his response? "who cares about food? Am talking about a woman that we'll sit down together and reason how to make millions in a month and you're talking about food. There's is food everywhere in nigeria, besides, what's the made there for?"

2)you complain about a woman that can't cook, how about marrying one that can but wont cook?

3) if you were asked to choose to choose between a woman that cooks crazy and brings home no money and one that doesn't cook and brings home millions at the end of the month which would you choose?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by pass4life(m): 9:28am On Jun 03, 2012
NO CAN DO!

No cooking know-how, No marriage vows! Shikina!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Konjour(m): 9:39am On Jun 03, 2012
Why should i marry a woman that can't cook? If the question was 'Can you marry a woman who's not an expert chef' that's a different kettle of fish,but one that 'cannot cook'? If she can't cook,who's gonna do it then. I grew up in a home where each parent's duties were clearly outlined and not confused,some **tard was saying he'd rather go back to his mum if he wanted to eat,if his father had also made the mistake of marrying a woman who's useless in the kitchen,where would he have gone to. A restaurant? An eatery? Whoever said that shite must be a first grade cretin. #Bullshit #Tripe
Even an average european man wouldn't easily consider having a wife who wouldnt be able to cook for her children,talk less of a full blooded African man. Would you also consider marrying an African woman that can't bear children? Well,some dimwits might also say the husband should help her out by carrying her pregnancy for 4 and a half months since he was responsible anyway. Dumbos.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 03, 2012
Metalgoong:

Did this happen in Nigeria? . . I used style to dump my Nigerian- American girl friend because of similar behaviour you narrated. I cant imagine myself marrying a girl who at 23, still doesn't know how to cook or isn't humble enough to learn.

All i can tell you is that it is still too early for you to bail, athough it might be a painful desicion for both of you.

@Metalgoong: Yes i'm in Nigeria, I never noticed she can't cook or clean until I got a bigger apartment recently (one bed flat), though we've been together for quite a long time, i never noticed all these demerits, now we are engaged yet she's unable to perform domestic chores embarassed, it's too late on my part to call it off since both families are now involved
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Digriz(m): 9:43am On Jun 03, 2012
A woman who doesn't knw hw to cook wld nt make a good wife,cooking and women are intertwined.
Show me a woman who doesn't knw hw to cook and i wl tel u d man who patronize canteens,mama puts and women of easy virtues.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2012
jude33084:

Pls in the aspect of cleaning, don't compromise it at allllll! But for the cooking aspect, well there is still time for you to teach her or tell your mom to since her mom has failed to do her job

My Brother, as for cleaning/deep cleaning the apartment, I've accepted the responsibility, I no fit shout.

As regards cooking, I'm a Cordonbleu Chef, as in, good with arranging our local delicacies, if only she'd be willing to humble herself, I'm very willing to teach her, but she being very apprehensive and doesn't even want to hear me complain about the meals talk more of issuing lessons on how to make improvements, drives me nuts.

I wouldn't want my daughters to be in that same situation when they are adults and also I wouldn't want to live in filth in my future apartment.......woman wey no fit manage a one bedroom flat without children now, na a future duplex with children she go fit manage embarassed

It's a nightmare for me right now 'cos we 're engaged. HELP!!!!!!
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by cindyrella(f): 10:17am On Jun 03, 2012
As a woman i can't marry a man that can not cook... undecided
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by ACM10: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2012
Just like Joe Mosco commented "a woman'z inability to cook iz a pointer to a lot of other inadequacies".

A woman who iz unable to cook might also be unable to suggest an idea that can fetch the family millionz.

A woman who iz unable to cook iz more likely to be wasteful and reckless.

Even when both partnerz makes millionz, they might be unable to retain the millionz because of her acquired trait of laziness.

My fellow men, shine your eyez. Love iz not everythin. Don't marry for love only. Marry someone that u can tolerate her little inadequacies for the rest of your life. Inability to cook iz so obvious an inadequacy that it can lead to marital problem either directly or indirectly later in your marital life. To be FORE-WARNED IZ TO BE FORE-ARMED. Ladies, plz learn how to cook. It iz an enjoyable act. Some even consider it a hobby. Ladies, should this minor shortcoming of yours progress to major marital problem? The decision iz yourz to make.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by yomare: 11:54am On Jun 03, 2012
. Am a nice girl who knws Нow to cook but I wuld also expect my man to atleast make eba or boil water once in awhile,or even go to the market. Or am I not allowed to fall in love more with my man if he does all these little things. So cooking for me shuld be a two way thing.its even more fun. grin
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Both woman and man should knowhow to cook.

A man that grew up with a mother should be ashamed of himself if he cannot cook. What was the silly man doing, so na just to enter kitchen chop?

Which woman wants to leave her children at home with a man who does not know his way around the kitchen? undecided

Leave matter about men not knowing how to cook for another thread, this thread is for women who can't cook. (it should also occur to you that some mothers don't teach their sons how to cook, rather their daughters, so anyone who ends up knowing how to cook should be praised to the high heavens by his woman)

EVERY one of my brothers can cook.. from the top to the bottom including my late dad, so when responding to my comments, have this at the back of your mind. i have only eaten 3 times outside in 3 months.
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by honeric01(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: @Metalgoong: Yes i'm in Nigeria, I never noticed she can't cook or clean until I got a bigger apartment recently (one bed flat), though we've been together for quite a long time, i never noticed all these demerits, now we are engaged yet she's unable to perform domestic chores embarassed, it's too late on my part to call it off since both families are now involved

Gosh, you better go and buy your own cooler, label the cooler while thinking of 3 special mamaput to go register your cooler at. I am sorry for you in advance. sad
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Lagusta(m): 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
dukila:
you know i asked a guy this question and do you know his response? "who cares about food? Am talking about a woman that we'll sit down together and reason how to make millions in a month and you're talking about food. There's is food everywhere in nigeria, besides, what's the made there for?"

2)you complain about a woman that can't cook, how about marrying one that can but wont cook?

3) if you were asked to choose to choose between a woman that cooks crazy and brings home no money and one that doesn't cook and brings home millions at the end of the month which would you choose?

Oga lets be realistic here, if u make millions, ur wife makes billions, the couple eats at oceanview all the time, children go to KFC...... But one day, the daughter asks the mum "mom, i was given a project to cook a delicious meal and bring to class, can u teach me?" what will the mum say: "go meet grandma" or "go meet mama ekaette the housemaid"

guy, wise up, one day, that money go vammooose, but the knowledge and art of cooking is for a lifetime...
Re: Marrying A Woman Who Can't Cook by Dermie: 3:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Where do you think you are or who exactly do you think you're talking to?

A 21st century woman says she prefers a man that can cook, a man still stuck in the 50s tells her it's a woman's job. You think you just came back from the war, Soldier?
Better get an apron and get cooking.

What's the use of a man that cannot cook? No use whatsoever.
chei!, I giv u a round of applause...ur man must be very proud of you...LWKMD!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Busty Ghanaian Model Who Doesn't Wear A Bra Flaunts Her Jaw-dropping Boobs / My Girlfriend Got Me Drunk And I Mistakenly Had Sex With Her / Anti-feminism; A War That Men Cannot Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.