Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,541 members, 7,819,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas (18717 Views)

Asthmatic Student Of UNIPORT Dies From Police Teargas In Port Harcourt (photos) / Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by IYANGBALI: 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
Chanchit: I'm sure the potential 1st class students would be relaxing by now, while the potential 3rd class/pass students would be on the street, smelling tear gas....
who gives a fok?book don tire me,this is an avenue for me to take a break for sometime.GEJ PLS COME AND CLOSE THE SCHOOL DOWN MAKE I GO FOR MY RUNS.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by ajirapsy(m): 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2012
Misplaced priority. Instead of them to think of what to do after graduation. They should take a walk to Chams city and see how graduates slog it out on a computer screen to get a job!!!
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by ajirapsy(m): 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
dani1luv: grin grin
It takes time...
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by quin9(f): 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
Some people go jus dey comment like dem no get sense...u are even more jobless than d prostesting youths.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by greall1: 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
To my own concern these people are not protest for changin of school name they are protest against administration of jonnatan because it makin things hard for people startin from subsidy. Everytin is costly. Especially pepper @ the market. Nigeria need deliverance seriously. Let look what happen lybia egypt & what presently happen in syria. I still believe god still our side.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by Havilah93(m): 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
........and we say we live in a democratic era. sad
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by shags(m): 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Chanchit: I'm sure the potential 1st class students would be relaxing by now, while the potential 3rd class/pass students would be on the street, smelling tear gas....
fool! Am on a 4.56,,,and am protesting, alot of other 1st class students are here with me fool
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by shags(m): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Unilag = school of cultists + Aristos
dont say what you dont know,a lot of very creative mind are here.wen last did you ear dat someone lost his life after and be4 feb 14 2011.the school is as peaceful as ever until uncle jonah showcased idiocracy....
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by dahcom: 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
[b][/b]GOD go punish all UNILAG haters
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by 2good(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Unilag = school of cultists + Aristos

People said thesame thing to me years back when I was a student there but you know what, my Unilag classmates are now very successful Engineers practising their profession home and abroad and dumb statements like yours which most time is born out of beef of not being able to get into the University will not stop smart people from going there.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by francis247(m): 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2012
Why na? Are the ignorant of the fact that they have a listening president? Just as he listened by reducing fuel price after some lives were lost then, I'm sure he will do same if same should happen. Then he may remove Abiola and we'll be left with MUMULAGs MULAG. Just saying!
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by cupid4ig(m): 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
ndi ara
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by frikuenci(m): 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2012
ajirapsy: Misplaced priority. Instead of them to think of what to do after graduation. They should take a walk to Chams city and see how graduates slog it out on a computer screen to get a job!!!
Barely 3wks ago when I walked pass the school environ most of the students were seen at various spots all over the school from the bus stop through to the lagoon front even at the cafeteria reading while on the move. If this announcement had come prior to their final papers, would they still have gone ahead to make trouble protesting.
MAULAGITEs, THINK WISELY
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by frikuenci(m): 11:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
ajirapsy: Misplaced priority. Instead of them to think of what to do after graduation. They should take a walk to Chams city and see how graduates slog it out on a computer screen to get a job!!!
Barely 3wks ago when I walked pass the school environ most of the students were seen at various spots all over the school from the bus stop through to the lagoon front even at the cafeteria reading while on the move. If this announcement had come prior to their final papers, would they still have gone ahead to make trouble protesting.
MAULAGITEs, THINK WISELY !!! And ACT SMARTLY!!!

Stray bullet in the hands of our police is no respecter of its target. BAT has already address u to address the issue peacefully with alternatives.

You av got a great future ahead of u than a protest for a name change.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by Taich(m): 1:00am On Jun 02, 2012
This reminds me of the families that lost their lives during the post June 12 crisis and i wonder why, when ever this man's name is mentioned trouble will follow. Just wondering
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by mimketty: 1:30am On Jun 02, 2012
Na wa o, see. Beefers o, most of the people talking rubbish here, were denied admission into unilag, most youths in this country hv tried to enter unilag one time or the other, Is it because the school is better than other schools? NO, but because of the name, this same people talking, block the whole of unilag gate during post ume..... Why is the protest getting to u? (especially IFE and UNIBEN students), don't they hv the right to protest again .....I trust unilag students, they wud rep. In wateva name, if this MAU stays,and then its changed again to anoda name...all this bad belle people will still say their shakara was too much, its good that the name has been changed" ITS IN THEM, the've got swag.......who noticed that most graduates from IFE cannot speak good english, its not all about books, some social life is also needed and enlightenment

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by penjoy: 4:14am On Jun 02, 2012
they shud just go and face there book that all this rantin...afterall jona haram has done his worst
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by gudnex22(m): 6:10am On Jun 02, 2012
They are not students bet group of touts sponsor by ACN. I think am beginning to hate this ACN of a thing with passion. They are trouble makers.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by frikuenci(m): 7:45am On Jun 02, 2012
gudnex22: They are not students bet group of touts sponsor by ACN. I think am beginning to hate this ACN of a thing with passion. They are trouble makers.

Stop being sentimental. Was it ACN that dropped the "Tear gas" that put them on the street at first? They r being sponsored by the right to kick against what they think is unruly and doesn't follow due process. Yaradua in his own heaven would be disappointed in GEJ cos his advocacy for the rule of law and due process was not propagated but GEJ rather choose to be a dictator which is the core element of true military statesman.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by nelly4(f): 9:53am On Jun 02, 2012
@memkitty
well said.....its just beef from unsuccessful jambites who failed to gain admission into the school, university of lagos is nt just a school u'll go to and graduate with a degree like evry other school.....with unilag u are not just leaving with a degree but with CLASS & STYLE, TATSTE, UNIQUENESS, IDENTITY which as become an household name today........greatest akokite worldwide
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by Obijulius: 10:27am On Jun 02, 2012
I just did a syd by syd comparison of the greek/egypt riots with these loafers & goons and I'm stil reekin from laffter.
This is a parade of foolishness...
@OP; pls edit ur topic to reflect this.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by tayoccu(m): 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
mimketty: Na wa o, see. Beefers o, most of the people talking rubbish here, were denied admission into unilag, most youths in this country hv tried to enter unilag one time or the other, Is it because the school is better than other schools? NO, but because of the name, this same people talking, block the whole of unilag gate during post ume..... Why is the protest getting to u? (especially IFE and UNIBEN students), don't they hv the right to protest again .....I trust unilag students, they wud rep. In wateva name, if this MAU stays,and then its changed again to anoda name...all this bad belle people will still say their shakara was too much, its good that the name has been changed" ITS IN THEM, the've got swag.......who noticed that most graduates from IFE cannot speak good english, its not all about books, some social life is also needed and enlightenment

SMH!
Nobody is hating on ur school, we're simply pointing out that you guys are channeling ur energy to a wrong cause.
If the protests were because of the quality of facilities, or school fees,it would have been a different case, but u guys are protesting name change?
Haba!
Is it ur name that defines u or the contents of your character?
Whatever name the school goes by unilag,maulag, or maul, it is the quality of graduands, and the research carried out by the school that will make it a quality brand.
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by Yababoy(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
I see a lot of senseless and stupid comments here. All over the world people are allowed to express their grievances at Govt policies through peaceful protests, so what is wrong in these youths doing same? I painstakingly read through all the comments and realized that most of those that had 'less than intelligent' comments are those that must truly have been rejected admission to the school cos of their low IQ.
Unilag is a global brand that is 50 years old and it is so wrong to just wake up and change its name without due consultations or consideration of those that have worked to build that brand. You guys can say all u like,'Unilag = Aristo + Cultists', I pity your ignorance. I graduated from Unilag 10 years ago and I have met a lot of great minds in my professional life that were Akokaites. They've not only proved their academic soundness but also their ability as total managers with the unique way they act and relate with people. U can hardly miss them in any establishment.
And to the chap that said 1st class students wouldn't be part of the protest, its either you were never a University(or Polytechnic) Student or u were to daft that u only passed thru the school and d school never passed thru u. For more than 3 decades, student unionism in most schools have been led by 1st class students, from Ife to Ibadan to Lagos. The records are there you can verify. It takes a leader and a chap with strong character to motivate people for actions like this. Please post informed comments and don't make a mockery of your stupidity in public spaces like this.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by Lisa1: 9:21am On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Good point
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
embarassed that is how Libya's Qhaddafi was booted out by educated ''touts'' teenagers and oldmen...not forgetting 3rd Classers(banzan bourgeoisis), if you don't confront this pitiable fool surrounded by ''The Kings men'' when would you protest?
They should just sandfill Abuja with all the politicians there...
We're busy beating our chests with LoL's, disses and outright nepotistic slurs (viz racist) while the country is being thrown into debt and bondage by power hungry louts(na me waste 100NGN to come talk my own) 9ja I hail ooooo... grin
Re: Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas by ocelot2006(m): 4:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
dani1luv: [size=13pt]I swear. .This is Madness undecided undecided undecided[/size]

Madness?..This is SPARTAAA!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each / FUTO Admission 2013/2014 Thread / Zamfara Students In Cyprus On Scholarship Cry Out As Government Abandons Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.