Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,365 members, 7,954,482 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? (3397 Views)

Why We Should Stop Picking On Girls Who Are Dating For Money / Disgusting Things Girls Do Because Of Sex / Ladies And Guys What Turn U On The Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by pufectskin: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
Hello guys,
I am wondering if a site like www.victoriasecrets.com or www.pabo.com would work in nigeria.
Because I believe women should be pretty darn sexy kittens in their matrimonial homes.
Also I just believe women shld feel sexy and beautiful all the time cos I thiink it brings out the best in us. But my dilemma is; I don't want to be sooo passionate about dis dat I completely lose focus on d practicality of it (i.e can I make some pretty good money in this?).
Basically all orders would b online...
I want to know how much girls r willin to pay for good quality bra, panties, sleepwear, etc?
How often do u change underwear? Do u consider ur man in this matter? And men, would you like to see fresh new underwear on your woman often? How often?

Pls help everyone...both guys and gals advice welcome.
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by Onchedu(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
I typed out my detailed opinion in response to Ur question but the site was speaking computer language and wouldn't post it. Anyway I'll summarise what I said:

No, lingerie biz isn't easy in Naija.
Reason: more women think it's a waste of money.
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by Onchedu(m): 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
Ok, since it's accepting posts now, lemme make another attempt.

A lingerie biz in Nigeria could be a tricky one. Reason being not many women would agree on the affordability of the exotic, tasteful and classy high end variety the designers of these accesories/ornaments provide.
On the low end, designer exotic panties can go for like N3,500 a piece. With a matching bra at about N6,500 where included, that brings the cost of just a set to N10,000. That's what many people consider as expensive probably because they would rather spend that on what everyone can see and compliment then on than on what primarily just two people (self and lover) should see.

The key point to consider then would be Value. What value do typical Nigerian women attach to sexy lingerie?

It's easier to get a girl Ur toasting to appreciate sexy lingerie than it is to get a gf or wife to. The former thinks ''wow! This is cool. Looks so good on me... He's so nutty. i like!''
while the other two will tend to think along the lines of ''thanks, but wasn't it too expensive?'' I don't know any man who appreciates having his gifts criticised as being too expensive.

Give them the money to buy it, show them where to buy it and most would rather go get some cheap stuff or something entirely different assuming a guy can't tell. I've met one out of 20 Nigerian girls who would allow herself spend on exotic lingerie. The rest just go for the stuff ranging from N150-N1200. If Urs will be more expensive than that then U need to include re-educating the public on the value of quality lingerie.

Anyway, fact is not many Nigerian girls tend to pay attention to their collection of underwear especially from the school of thought of seduction and/or personal ego boost with respect to appreciation of body form. In their minds they probably assume men are too in a hurry to get to the main thing we don't notice. If only they knew better.

Start there.
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by pufectskin: 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2012
Wow! Onchedu, thanks so much for your detailed response. D fact that there r very few posts already supports your opinion on this.
I talked to a few ppl around too and pretty much said d samethg u said.
It looks like to do well in dis business, one would have to do a lot of education on importance of looking very desirable or sexy in bed. I mean all dese women claimin to hv cheating spouses might get more attention if dey looked a little nuttier in bed. Even my grandma recently told me grandpa has been buyin her sexier underwear lately (she was wearin regular undies until he came home with very young lookin sexy panties lately). Yes! Dats how important this things r to men. I just wish I wouldn't have to spend so much on marketing since a lot of ppl aren't into this in naij.
As per price, I have some links to direct manufacturers for d likes of Lasenza, etc and I can get good quality such dat I can sell at 2000 to 3000 naira range. But I need to be sure dere is a mkt. I guess based on ur report, dere isn't much of an immediate mkt.
Onchedu: Ok, since it's accepting posts now, lemme make another attempt.

A lingerie biz in Nigeria could be a tricky one. Reason being not many women would agree on the affordability of the exotic, tasteful and classy high end variety the designers of these accesories/ornaments provide.
On the low end, designer exotic panties can go for like N3,500 a piece. With a matching bra at about N6,500 where included, that brings the cost of just a set to N10,000. That's what many people consider as expensive probably because they would rather spend that on what everyone can see and compliment then on than on what primarily just two people (self and lover) should see.

The key point to consider then would be Value. What value do typical Nigerian women attach to sexy lingerie?

It's easier to get a girl Ur toasting to appreciate sexy lingerie than it is to get a gf or wife to. The former thinks ''wow! This is cool. Looks so good on me... He's so nutty. i like!''
while the other two will tend to think along the lines of ''thanks, but wasn't it too expensive?'' I don't know any man who appreciates having his gifts criticised as being too expensive.

Give them the money to buy it, show them where to buy it and most would rather go get some cheap stuff or something entirely different assuming a guy can't tell. I've met one out of 20 Nigerian girls who would allow herself spend on exotic lingerie. The rest just go for the stuff ranging from N150-N1200. If Urs will be more expensive than that then U need to include re-educating the public on the value of quality lingerie.

Anyway, fact is not many Nigerian girls tend to pay attention to their collection of underwear especially from the school of thought of seduction and/or personal ego boost with respect to appreciation of body form. In their minds they probably assume men are too in a hurry to get to the main thing we don't notice. If only they knew better.

Start there.
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by Mynd44: 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
This might not work in Nigeria ooo. Most naija girls wear bend down select
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by pufectskin: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
Isn't dat a ridiculous way for chics to purchase intimate items?
Just my thots...I ll keep doin research cos I rily want to do dis...if my research confirms all u have just said, I ll find some other business to do. I already have a feminine care business dat I just registered. It is doin quite well and I wanted to diversify into other feminine stuff. I am a very girly girl so I just enjoy any kind of beauty business. But I guess I also have to b practical.
Mynd_44: This might not work in Nigeria ooo. Most naija girls wear bend down select
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by slimyem: 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2012
*coughs*
online lingerie business in nigeria?won't be very productive!
Most of your goods would probably be imported and quite expensive for the average Nigerian girl.
Even if i'd they'd buy ,it'll not be more than two or three pairs at most for[b] special occassions![/b]*clears throat*
Why spend N3000 on just a victoria secret bra and pant when i can get an ABA-made one for btwn N500 and N1500 as the case may be...
One can still be sexy in an aba-made lingerie...cheesycheesy
Whatever you decision is...think it through and through before starting up on it .
Goodluck!
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by Mynd44: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
Yup. Note I said most not all. There is still a percentage that choose to spoil themselves
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by slimyem: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
pufectskin: Isn't dat a ridiculous way for chics to purchase intimate items?
Just my thots...I ll keep doin research cos I rily want to do dis...if my research confirms all u have just said, I ll find some other business to do. I already have a feminine care business dat I just registered. It is doin quite well and I wanted to diversify into other feminine stuff. I am a very girly girl so I just enjoy any kind of beauty business. But I guess I also have to b practical.
it is ridiculous but it isnt a lie!
Blame it on the high level of poverty plaguing the country and an equally warped sense of reasoning of most girls.
They'd prefer to spend money of cosmetics and hair care products than that intimate piece of material.
Cosmestic ,hair products and extensions is a much better and profitable business than lingeries will ever be!
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by Mynd44: 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2012
^^
true
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by moretingy(f): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2012
i totally agree with good education of nigeria women,i am totally into this and have being doing my research for the past 2years and searching for a partner,women lingerie is such an exciting business to do expecially it the colours are fun,bright and sexy,
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by luckgames(m): 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2012
pufectskin: Hello guys,
I am wondering if a site like www.victoriasecrets.com or www.pabo.com would work in nigeria.
Because I believe women should be pretty darn sexy kittens in their matrimonial homes.
Also I just believe women shld feel sexy and beautiful all the time cos I thiink it brings out the best in us. But my dilemma is; I don't want to be sooo passionate about dis dat I completely lose focus on d practicality of it (i.e can I make some pretty good money in this?).
Basically all orders would b online...
I want to know how much girls r willin to pay for good quality bra, panties, sleepwear, etc?
How often do u change underwear? Do u consider ur man in this matter? And men, would you like to see fresh new underwear on your woman often? How often?

Pls help everyone...both guys and gals advice welcome.
One of my ex paid 50 for bra at high end shop
Re: Guys Does Lingerie Turn U On? Girls Do U Buy Underwear Regularly? by Bongadu: 2:22pm On Feb 14
My babe likes to wear my Boxer-briefs because it doesn’t ride up into her flaps and let’s her pussy breathe.

Lingerie on the other hand, she just buys from temu.

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Be Good Enough For A Man Who Is Not Ready. / Attention:let Assume Wizkid Is A Nairalander/romance-section / Ladies: Before You Abort That Pregnancy.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.