Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,348 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? (12664 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants To Move Her Things Over & Start Living With Me / Reasons Why Living With Him Won't Get You An Engagement Ring / Dating When Marriage Is Not The Goal... Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kandiikane(m): 1:55pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Are you 20 or 12?

Due to strict rules in a household some people get treated as children even though they are not.

If you don't want to be homeless you have got to obey the rules.

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
I started living alone at 16..And even all the periods I had shortcomings, and had to live with my parents, or older family members for a bit - I never dated openly.. Never brought a girl to their house.. The subconscious fear I have for African parents and older folks won't even let me do it.. My parents have never seen me with a girl lol..

It's just funny how they ask me all the time (now that I'm older) why I don't 'like' girls cheesy cheesy But these people don't know their boy has been around the block, and he has a Ph.D in 'womanology' and 'beatology'.. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by oluwapomile(m): 2:11pm On Jun 03, 2012
It as realy bin a thug of war,especially avin a spiritual popsy lik mine dad.omo no b small tin o.wen i hear is car hoot,ur heart go fall 4ur hand,even d babe go develop heartattack.my package na my paddies place o nd my mum alwaz suports her husband.nd popsy no wan hear either na male frnd o abi female or any liknex of human being.realy crazy
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Dermie: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44: I think parents are more comfortable with their daughters bringing guy home cos they see it as a way to keep an eye on them but we guys, omo to even bring guys home sef na wahala.
Its as if they think every dude with black lips smokes weed.
And if God wan do am, close the door to your room when you have a female guest. They will come in every ten minutes pretending to be looking for something that is not missing
lmao!...ur damn right man.

1 Like

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by perloomey(m): 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
ekt_bear: So I'm out of town at my parents house for the week.

And I've come to the conclusion that if I still lived with them, my social life would kind of suck.

Like, how exactly does one go about dating and bringing guests over if you live with your parents or family?

I've never been in this situation fortunately since I've been out of the house ever since I started dating (19 or 20 was when I started "dating", I would say).

How do people in this situation deal with it?
since u r matured enuf dat's k
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by abdulkayus(m): 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
Chaiiiii, LOL @ all comments
for me hmmm, despite i being a graduate and currently serving in Anambra state, i hav never bring any gal to our house, although i hav never had any GF despite my age. Funny enuf wen i grad and our grad party is abt on and i told my mum dat i hav no partner to take to d party, she was suprise, bt my male frnds are always welcome all d tym, no qualm for dat. Bt as i am finishin my NYSC nw, i hav been targetin of takin 1 gal lyk dat to our house, and dey shld nt try to stop me ooooooo, hmmmm cos boiz don come of age nw
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
Funny how parents act. When you're growing up, they expect to be lone ranger but when you grow up, they expect to you to be something else undecided
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by abdulkayus(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
Tundeiknow: Funny how parents act. When you're growing up, they expect to be lone ranger but when you grow up, they expect to you to be something else undecided:->;-)
Tundeiknow: Funny how parents act. When you're growing up, they expect to be lone ranger but when you grow up, they expect to you to be something else undecided:->;-)

u are right guy, wen u are young dey seem to be overprotective bt wen u come of age and u didnt bring in any suitor or fiance, dey will start pestering u, hmmm
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Dandy1(m): 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
abdulkayus: Chaiiiii, LOL @ all comments
for me hmmm, despite i being a graduate and currently serving in Anambra state, i hav never bring any gal to our house, although i hav never had any GF despite my age. Funny enuf wen i grad and our grad party is abt on and i told my mum dat i hav no partner to take to d party, she was suprise, bt my male frnds are always welcome all d tym, no qualm for dat. Bt as i am finishin my NYSC nw, i hav been targetin of takin 1 gal lyk dat to our house, and dey shld nt try to stop me ooooooo, hmmmm cos boiz don come of age nw

Choi! See as Engirish sweet for my graduate padi writing.

2 Likes

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Ghydyon(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2012
kandiikane: ^lwkmd

Why are you assisting your mum in the kitchen?
cos am d only 1 wit dem all my older ones are married
Mynd_44:
Are you 20 or 12?
kandiikane: ^lwkmd

Why are you assisting your mum in the kitchen?
cos am d only 1 wit dem all my older ones are married
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Ghydyon(m): 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mynd_44:
Are you 20 or 12?
i tire ooo.Very over protective
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Blackteeth(m): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2012
Pheww! Time really flys. I can clearly remember the strategy I adopted when I was still at that stage. My strategy was to know exactly when everyone in the house will be leaving and their time of returning. With this information at hand, I time when my girlfriend comes and leaves when no one is around at home.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by http(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2012
i could remember what my mum did, when OAU was on there regular strike back then, i enrol for a computer crash course to keep body and brain together, i have this girl i've been eyeing in my class. One Friday, she finally accepted to come home with me, mum was at home about going to Friday prayer.

She saw the girl and questions started, who is she, where is she from, what, why, how, when, how long, and all questions started flowing in that i lost count following the question n what answer is right. At last, i lost this fine babe o! The sweet girl was not comfortable and she decided to leave, i walked her to the bustop and that waz it.

I came back home with enough anger that can roast a life to ashes only to see my mum laughing at me with the most outrageous comment i ever heard " Look at this small boi, what do u know about girls" if i see u with any girls again, i will brake ur head, i was like am i too small to have a girl friend visit.

She did not stop there, she told my brothers and sister, and they all gave her the comment i could not give, " He is no more a kid and leave the man alone" He is no more ur small baby or last born... Imagine a 23 years old grown a.s.s man...lol?
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by laykhorn(m): 3:13pm On Jun 03, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Dating while still living parents? I do it, but most of the "home matches" were played on a neutral ground i.e hotel rooms cool.

ROTFLMAO0OO... I fear you oh! You're truly a Rhinoceros..
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by ektbear: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ghydyon: i tire ooo.Very over protective

Does your mother think that you are her son, or her housegirl? undecided
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ghydyon: All i do is to stay indoor and always be at d kitchen to assist mum.Any call i recieve in there presence must b accounted for.Am just too tired of this kind of life hense am nt a female why shud dey kip monitoring me.Sumtimes i tink of runing away 4rm home.

eeya, pele. sad
But how old are you, Ghydyon?

gfarinho: its hell here o....if u should mention any feminine name in my house na gobe o...u will hear words like u are still young for this....abeg i'm i still young at 23.......so all my matches na away tinz o i.e hotel

lol
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by mcnepow(m): 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
Comments gave me giglges cheesy
Kant remember ever bringing a female friend home to stay with just me(females come along with a male or two) - not that they would crush me cos ma parents prefer seeing the kinda people their children hang out with but I just don't wanna loose d 'Good Boi' status cool
If any of ma firends plays ma tape for ma mumsi, she fit get heart attack ooo grin
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kaiye007: 4:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ghydyon: All i do is to stay indoor and always be at d kitchen to assist mum.Any call i recieve in there presence must b accounted for.Am just too tired of this kind of life hense am nt a female why shud dey kip monitoring me.Sumtimes i tink of runing away 4rm home.
@Hyhdyon, im sorry 4u
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
Bakozy: Nairaland is simply the best dis is d 1st tym i'm sending a reply since i join in 2007 but i'm always reading people comments. In which i learn and laugh abt. @Mr cork i'm ur big fan!

Are u hallucinating? Wetin be u join 2007? Beware what u post. FBI is watching

Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by yangzhen76: 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]It is amazing!
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
I don't stay with my parents again and anytime I go spend time with her she gives me this look.
Like when I am on NL with my phone, she thinks I am chatting to a girl or something
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by brownusagirl(f): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
I wouldn't bring them to the house. I don't do that anyway though.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by johnsonpal: 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ha, good ol days.... I always calculate d time of outing of everyone and the time of their returning.... Always asking when my Momsi or popsi will return from their outing,they never understood y though..... Sometimes, i bring girls wen everyone has gone to church, i was dat bad....... Was caught in d act by one old man(neighbour) it wasn't funny dat day ooo.... Story 4 anoda day
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by sophi(f): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
My parents are very strict . den wen I was in secondary school. nothin like frends nt to talk of frends visitin, wen I come 4 holidays I stay indoor . Bt since I graduated 4rm uni my frends can come n visit
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Ghydyon(m): 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
Yield:

eeya, pele. sad
But how old are you, Ghydyon?

lol
i wil b 20 by october...Tanx 4 d sympathy
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Ghydyon(m): 6:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
kaiye007: @Hyhdyon, im sorry 4u
please dont make of cry.The only companion i have is my fone still my pman threaten to seize my phone.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
You dad needs to chill
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ghydyon: i wil b 20 by october...Tanx 4 d sympathy

aww, 20, well you're still a baby. smiley
Just hang in there, okay?
Soon you will be on your own
and it will get better. smiley
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by slimyem: 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ghydyon: please dont make of cry.The only companion i have is my fone still my pman threaten to seize my phone.
lmao...
You so sound like a kid right now...
Eyah...pele.
Its a phase that'll pass in time!
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kilimanjaro(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
slimyem: lmao...
Eyah...pele.
U never see anything, this forum is full of kindergaten.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by kilimanjaro(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
slimyem: lmao...
Eyah...pele.
Nan wan O @ comments.
Re: Dating When Still Living With Your Parents? by Mynd44: 8:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
kilimanjaro:
How is a 20 year old kindergarten? Natasha is 17 and she is respected nah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Caught On Camera Making Out Inside A Swimming Pool In Benin (See Reactions) / The Body On This Girl Will Leave You Breathless[photo] / HELP!!! Ever Since I Entered University, No Guy Has Asked Me For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.