Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government (19144 Views)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
I'm so happy that these kinds of thread are springing up!!!! I can now believe nigeria is on the verge of changing.....I like the fact that some people out there are not shifting blames anymore! smiley

If we continue to shift blames on the govt no change will happen cos there is obviously no government official, busy business men, professionals who visits nairaland (if there is, atleast it won't be often)....we have been making noise since, we are now beginning to see the problem.

The majority of people on this forum are the people, so I feel the purpose of the forum should be enlightenment of people on what they are failing to do on their path (thereby paving way for leaders) and the need to be accountable- I can now say this forum is now achieving the main aim.....
Once again, to the guys blaming 'ourselves'.........I luv you , and I'm proudda you! :-o

[size=16pt] I'm happy the Naija mentality is fading out little by little!!![/size]
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Totoplayer20: 6:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
speedyboi: I'm so happy that these kinds of thread are springing up!!!! I can now believe nigeria is on the verge of changing.....I like the fact that some people out there are not shifting blames anymore! smiley

If we continue to shift blames on the govt no change will happen cos there is obviously no government official, busy business men, professionals who visits nairaland (if there is, atleast it won't be often)....we have been making noise since, we are now beginning to see the problem.

The majority of people on this forum are the people, so I feel the purpose of the forum should be enlightenment of people on what they are failing to do on their path (thereby paving way for leaders) and the need to be accountable- I can now say this forum is now achieving the main aim.....
Once again, to the guys blaming 'ourselves'.........I luv you , and I'm proudda you! :-o

[size=16pt] I'm happy the Naija mentality is fading out little by little!!![/size]

Sorry
No, the moderator want to censor peoples opinion
He is the Judge and jury
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
Totoplayer20:

Sorry
No, the moderator want to censor peoples opinion
He is the Judge and jury

What point are you trying to make? :/
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Totoplayer20: 6:57pm On Jun 04, 2012
speedyboi:

What point are you trying to make? :/
If you cannot freely express your opinion
without been censor for fear, the country can not move forward
Here people opinion is been control by the moderator
I made a statement that was hidden that we Nigerian are fearful that nobody is will to lay their blood down for the good of the country
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Arosa(m): 7:02pm On Jun 04, 2012
speedyboi: I'm so happy that these kinds of thread are springing up!!!! I can now believe nigeria is on the verge of changing.....I like the fact that some people out there are not shifting blames anymore! smiley

I am 100% sure that all our corrupt "leaders" will be very happy to read your post. And they would also agree with you. nice one!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by OluBendel: 7:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
In every society and human setting there always is leaders/followers, be it democratic, religious, traditional, constitutional etc.Now,in well evolved societies, these top echelon (elites) make sacrifices for the lower echelons (Masses), these elites are well concious of the need for the survival and growth of that society, they make laws and pursue equality in its enforcements.They fight and bricker amongst themselves when the interest of the society is at stake. In Nigeria, the only time the elites fight among themselves,if they ever do is where they have lost out of a contract,oil block or out-rigged. Never where a school contract, road construction or hospital project is poorly executed (leading to losses in lives). Even when they make feeble attempts at probing themselves, a la oil subsidy/power probes, nothing ever comes of it. Until have more of Gani fawehinmis, El-rufais, Shehu Sanis, Dino Melayes,Wole Soyinkas, Chinua Achebes, Smart Adeyemi's,Keyamos, Dora Akunyilis, Chukwumerijes, Isa salami's (elites who are ready to sacrifice their personal comfort and confront the status quo for the general good of all) our elites will continually manipulate us to believe whatever they want.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by acidtalk: 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2012

Thanks for appreciating and acknowledging this topic.

I made a VOW to start at much Mature, Non Bias and Beneficial Topic from all sections of nairaland as I can.

The main aim and ideology was fast fading out and it appeared Seun and his Moderators were lost on how to return sanity into the forum.

I am no HAPPY that all through the 3 pages no one brought ethnic or religious war. It clearly shows, gradually will are chasing out to Cluesless and immature folks off this forum.

Thank you all for your sincere contributions.

Let's keep it going. I believe our Government and Populace are learning from this thread.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Totoplayer20: 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2012
luckgames: Sorry
Citizens are the Government
Greedy is number one problem in Nigeria
Me and my family
In Nigeria government for the people by the rich criminals
Government for the people and by the people
from the meter reader dude from the light company
who will take bribery
To civil servant in court house that want some thing from you before doing his job
Toll gate dude that collect money keep 99% of the toll gate continuous bad road
To contractors who will give 50% to get contract
Leadership Zero
bad greedy people = Bad government
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Arosa(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2012
Olu_Bendel: In every society and human setting there always is leaders/followers, be it democratic, religious, traditional, constitutional etc.Now,in well evolved societies, these top echelon (elites) make sacrifices for the lower echelons (Masses), these elites are well concious of the need for the survival and growth of that society, they make laws and pursue equality in its enforcements.They fight and bricker amongst themselves when the interest of the society is at stake. In Nigeria, the only time the elites fight among themselves,if they ever do is where they have lost out of a contract,oil block or out-rigged. Never where a school contract, road construction or hospital project is poorly executed (leading to losses in lives). Even when they make feeble attempts at probing themselves, a la oil subsidy/power probes, nothing ever comes of it. Until have more of Gani fawehinmis, El-rufais, Shehu Sanis, Dino Melayes,Wole Soyinkas, Chinua Achebes, Smart Adeyemi's,Keyamos, Dora Akunyilis, Chukwumerijes, Isa salami's (elites who are ready to sacrifice their personal comfort and confront the status quo for the general good of all) our elites will continually manipulate us to believe whatever they want.

I am very happy to read your post, I wish all Nigerians will think like you on this topic. I thank God for your life.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by betrani(m): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
Siga: Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria........this country is messed up finally....Baba God help us oooo....But heaven help those who help themselves....ahhhh... :'...The most amazing thing is that this country has the most churches and mosque per square area....and all our Pastors and Imams preach purity and Godliness....Na wa ooo....Corruption ridden COUNTRY !!!!
what baffles me most!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by confetti(f): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
To me the Nigerian govt is the problem with the country. No society exists outside rules, regulations, laid down procedures or laws and these must be seen to be enforceable for them to be effective.
Man by nature is brutish and the instict is survival of the fittest. this is why there must be laws which are seen to be effective. These laws become guides to acceptable ways of life in a society and deviants must be punished as a detterant to future occurance. For instance, if I go out to buy a biscuit from a little boy and I see that I can actually keep my money, collect the biscuit from the boy and if he talks I beat him on top, why should I pay for the biscuit then? The only reason I would pay for the biscuit is because I know I would be comitting a crime which attracts a purnishment of which I wouldn't want. Also tAke the case of family where a little child is born and grows to tell mom or dad waka without knowing the consequences, it takes correction for the little child to know that waka should not be said. The family here is the govt and the little child are nigerians. Its only what is permissible by the law and also purnishable that will guide the behaviour of the society
Today our govt has made it possible that laws are made for the poor only so once u have money u are above the law. Overtime this becomes a social fact and determines individuals course of action in the society.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by jamace(m): 8:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
For those of you saying the citizens are the problem of this country, I put these questions to you:

a. How many of you citizens swore with a Bible or Quoran to be good followers of the leaders?
b. Did the leaders swear with the Bible or Quoran to uphold the constitution of the FRN and to lead according to the laws of the land, blah, blah, blah?

c. Looking at the 2 questions above, which category has the higher responsibilty, citizens or leaders?

No doubt, the man who took oath before God and man to carry out responsibilities and failed to do so, is the culprit. The leaders are the cause of our woes.Period.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Chinedudele(m): 8:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
PapaBrowne: The leaders we talk about, were all members of the populace yesterday before they went to Abuja.
Truth be told, the current situation of the country is a reflection of the people that inhabit the country. The sad thing is that rather than look inwards, we are deflect our responsibilities and point hands at the leaders(people whose existence is totally dependent on us).
To get a better picture, look at the interiors of where Nigerians live, where Government has no jurisdiction over its functionality, and you'll find squalor and filth as a cultural anecdote. Filthier than the exteriors we blame the governments for failing to fix.
The problem is with 'we the people" and the revolution that we seek can only start from within us.
Before you ask Abuja to fight corruption, what have you done about the sleaze going on in your office?
Before you ask Abuja to fix the road, what have you done about your filthy unpainted house?
Before you ask Abuja to fix the hospitals, what have you done about your broken sewage?
Before you ask Abuja to fix education, stop cheating and exam malpractice!!
The revolution that would change this country can only start from withing us because the rot has corrupted every fabric of the society!
i totally agree with you.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Cine(m): 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
Throughout history change has only ever come from the citizens, the people that make up a nation and never governments. They simply cannot be trusted.

Look at the French revolution (18 century) when the people executed the monarchy and turned France into a Republic.
You have the civil rights movement in America.
Woman's rights.
The abolition of the African Slave trade.
and more recently the Arab Spring.

All changed because the people rose up and said enough.

Nigeria's biggest problem is that no-one's yet ready to die for the future of the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Ngwakwe: 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
The Solution should come from our family units where we should tell our Children that it is better to fail in exams and in businesses than to cheat and cut corners.

Then reforming our religious institutions. And you who bad mouths those that preach morals and prefer those that tell you what you want to hear and that condone your evil tendencies.

Our love for money and material things in Nigeria have brought us to this moral bankruptcy.

If the Salt loses its savour what can be used to restore it?
Is there any Scientific Solution or Diabolic Magic?
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Cine(m): 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2012
For those of you saying the citizens are the problem of this country, I put these questions to you:

a. How many of you citizens swore with a Bible or Quoran to be good followers of the leaders?
b. Did the leaders swear with the Bible or Quoran to uphold the constitution of the FRN and to lead according to the laws of the land, blah, blah, blah?

c. Looking at the 2 questions above, which category has the higher responsibilty, citizens or leaders?

No doubt, the man who took oath before God and man to carry out responsibilities and failed to do so, is the culprit. The leaders are the cause of our woes.Period.

You're right and wrong. Yeah, the leaders are the cause of our woes but what have the people here done about it. Most government ministers aren't there to do government work they're there to make money. So why should they change the system. They'll replace themselves with a clone and continue to reap rewards.

It's for the people to change the system not the people benefiting from the system because that won't happen.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Cine(m): 8:57pm On Jun 04, 2012
double post
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Slizbeat(m): 8:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
We all knw we r d problem nd then we added the govt to join us. Xo we al r involved. Our major problem should b traced to 1900's
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by lonelypal(m): 9:01pm On Jun 04, 2012
Arosa:

How do you think this change will happen, do a community or country change by itself without any form of leadership?
For a perfect Leadership to thrive and drive towards a sane and desired society, it starts with the following steps from both parties:
1. Having the right mindset to lead and be led
2. A suitable symbiotic relation needs to exist between the followers and its leaders AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.
3. Bearing in mind that the leaders are the products of the society they seek to govern, a total overhaul, attitudinal and oriental change towards Leadership needs to be imbibed by all and sundry
Hence the reason for my TAKE ON THIS TOPIC 'NIGERIANS need RE-EVALUATE and have ATTITUDINAL CHANGE towards various facets of life, societal values'

In my own humble opinion , the first point of call to implement this approach towards achieving the desired CHANGE in our society will be THE FAMILY (being the smallest unit of the society), the next being your interaction with your NEIGHBOUR and the effect of these chemistry continues on to engulf the entire society.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Akiika: 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
Every human, be it Nigerian, American, English e.t.c have the propensity to misbehave. It is the rule of law that straighten people up, do you guys think if there was no rule of law being implemented in these developed nations they'll be where they are today? Who should ensure the rule of law takes effect? --GOVERNMENT....as terrible as any nigerian may be, once you get to these countries, you adjust to obey their laws.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by jamace(m): 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2012
Akiika: Every human, be it Nigerian, American, English e.t.c have the propensity to misbehave. It is the rule of law that straighten people up, do you guys think if there was no rule of law being implemented in these developed nations they'll be where they are today? Who should ensure the rule of law takes effect? --GOVERNMENT....as terrible as any nigerian may be, once you get to these countries, you adjust to obey their laws.
You are in the spirit, brother! cool
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Arosa(m): 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2012
lonelypal:
For a perfect Leadership to thrive and drive towards a sane and desired society, it starts with the following steps from both parties:
1. Having the right mindset to lead and be led
2. A suitable symbiotic relation needs to exist between the followers and its leaders AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.
3. Bearing in mind that the leaders are the products of the society they seek to govern, a total overhaul, attitudinal and oriental change towards Leadership needs to be imbibed by all and sundry
Hence the reason for my TAKE ON THIS TOPIC 'NIGERIANS need RE-EVALUATE and have ATTITUDINAL CHANGE towards various facets of life, societal values'

In my own humble opinion , the first point of call to implement this approach towards achieving the desired CHANGE in our society will be THE FAMILY (being the smallest unit of the society), the next being your interaction with your NEIGHBOUR and the effect of these chemistry continues on to engulf the entire society.

How can you get 160million Nigerians with diverse views in religion and tradition to start thinking the same way, given the fact that Nigerians love corruption so much?
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Arosa(m): 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
Cine:

You're right and wrong. Yeah, the leaders are the cause of our woes but what have the people here done about it. Most government ministers aren't there to do government work they're there to make money. So why should they change the system. They'll replace themselves with a clone and continue to reap rewards.

It's for the people to change the system not the people benefiting from the system because that won't happen.

You have move on to the solution of the problems already. nice one! It's just that the people don't know how to go about holding their "elected leaders" accountable. So who is going to teach them?
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by lonelypal(m): 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2012
[b][/b]
Arosa:

How can you get 160million Nigerians with diverse views in religion and tradition to start thinking the same way, given the fact that Nigerians love corruption so much?

The earlier we put aside our ethnic and religious differences by upholding our patriotic zeal the closer we are towards the unity of purpose needed to achieve the required CHANGE
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Sike(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2012
Woreva!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Jilo83(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2012
We r d architech of our own misfortune.Nobody want 2 die, but if we fail 2 act d generation yet unborn wil rain curses on us.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Akilokazeem(m): 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
The problem of Nigeria is caused by both the government and the citizens.because the government has its role to play and so also the government.........the government can make a law and nobody is ready to obey the law.for example the rivers state government said that nobody should drop dirth on the ground but people are still droping.HUMAN BEINGS ARE THE MOST DIFFICULT ANIMAL TO CONTROL...........
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by ayomidefalaye(m): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
[/color][color=][color=#006600][/color][quote author=eledalo]Speak, shout, scream or whisper. No one hears you. The same mistake will be made, time and time again. The solution is in front of us and you've put it so well, but who cares? Nigeria will continue on this path until.. . .. . [/quo Nigeria is too big the issue of big man is a problem in this country if Gej arrested tinubu today yoruba land will accept
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by edicolove: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2012
The irony of Nigeria is that we are all asking for the government to fight corruption while we are all corrupt. Ain't we asking the government to fight us all then? Why not just drop the corruption and then the government will have nothing to fight and will not be able to do any corrupt thing.

We are the ones passing the files, preparing the cheques, drafting the papers and moving the goods accross the country and through the border. We are the ones who refuse to report it in the media, we defend and acquit the rogues and finally we hail them when they spend the loot to buy cars and throw parties. Why are we deceiving ourselves this badly?

We take bribe and give bribe like it doesn't matter and don't even feel anything from our conscience anymore. We sit at home and send someone to do our drivers licence, international passport, vehicle licence and even write our exams for us. We pay for children to cheat in exams. We ask for money to do our jobs and call it blessing. We inflate the prices of goods being supplied to our offices and add our "cut" and call it blessing or opportunity. We hail yahoo boys who defraud people and do ritual money and say "who God has blessed, no man can curse!" We defraud our companies where we work and give testimony on sundays! And finally, we approve planes that are not air worthy to fly, we turn the other way whenwe see the engineers busy patching it on the runway and we refuse to complain after flying inside those air-molues but just say thank God when we arrive and return to our homes. Why are we fooling ourselves.

Remember, when you ask God to punish the bad people in Nigeria,
you are most likely swearing for yourself!

Repent Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by acidtalk: 11:36pm On Jun 04, 2012
ayomide falaye: [/color][color=][color=#006600][/color]
Irrespective of right or wrong, people close their eyes and ears and judge based on sentiments.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by PapaBrowne(m): 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
Akiika: Every human, be it Nigerian, American, English e.t.c have the propensity to misbehave. It is the rule of law that straighten people up, do you guys think if there was no rule of law being implemented in these developed nations they'll be where they are today? Who should ensure the rule of law takes effect? --GOVERNMENT....as terrible as any nigerian may be, once you get to these countries, you adjust to obey their laws.

Who is to enforce that rule of law? Is it the corrupt lawyers and judges that hang around our court houses?? Or the police officers who have no interest in law enforcement?

I want an answer.
How does a good leader control 300,000 killer policemen, 3 million thieving civil servants and 30 million criminals?
How does a good leader control 10 million Almajiris, 1 million Cultists and 100,000 Kidnappers?
How does a good leader control 2 million militants and 200,000 terrorists?

Fashola with all his good intentions and 5 years of leadership, Lagos is still one of the most uninhabitable places on the face of the planet with some of the worst standards of living, the most decrepit infrastructure and yet one of the most expensive enclaves in the world.
If only the citizens complemented his effort, by doing their own bit; paying their taxes and keeping their environments neat, painting their houses and obeying the traffic rules,training their kids right and helping their neighbor, Lagos would've been a much better place.
But no, we've been trained wrong to believe that our lives belong to some entity called government so where that entity fails we resign to fate. The thing we so easily call government is consisted of people that all belong in society.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by hakwise(m): 11:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Very funny. Wish you can think about the reality of our existence for a moment. What is Government and what does it consist of. It consists of humans that yesterday were a part of the regular society.
So Big Question: Why do people that yesterday were a part of the regular society get to into the place called "government" and become neanderthals?
Answer, because the regular society is filled with neanderthals in the waiting. All they need is an environment that would help them bring it out. The place called government is that perfect environment.
The biggest problems we face steer us in the face in our everyday life. We see our friends steal the office dry and we either join them or turn a blind eye. The same students screaming Jonathan is clueless for renaming UNILAG would be cheating in class when exams start tommorow. The same doctors that are cursing on Fashola are selling drugs given free to patients. The market woman cheats. The Okada rider steals. The bank worker is a fraudster and the fast food owner is deliberately selling rotten chicken. And you know why?? Because they are all rotten and would do worse when given the perfect environment!!
Ask yourself, why is it Nigerians selling drugs on the streets of Europe, Thailand and Brazil?? Why not Zambians or Peruvians or Cambodians?? Now tell me, does the Nigerian Government train these people in the art of Drug dealing?? Or is Nigeria the only country with a messed up leadership??
THINK MAN, THINK. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH OUR CULTURE. A CULTURE THAT PREVENTS US FROM TAKING RESPONSIBILITY, BUT ENCOURAGES BLAME SHIFTING.
Change will come only when people begin to seek to influence their little environment! It would start from the ground up.

In as much as it made sense with ur submission....I like U̶̲̥̅̊ to look at it this way ...most of †ђξ citizens of these advanced countries we look up to Ħª√ę as much rotten peoplee we Ħª√ę in nigeria...but do U̶̲̥̅̊ know why they r better than us ...its becos they built institution that is strong enough to check their peoples excesses ...human nature naturally is evil !! Just like president obama rightlly noted ..we should really start building institutions, right mentality that would outlive us all...U̶̲̥̅̊ and I can't start that n expect †ђξ much desired effect or result except it start from †ђξ top.....so my take still goes to our leaders ...we av been so unlucky to av †ђξ wrong peoplee at †ђξ helm of affairs...†ђξ moment we start to Ħª√ę †ђξ right n progressive thinking leaders...things would take shape believe M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ ..so nigerians should stop this attitude of I must vote for my tribe oor its tribe A or B's turn..we should start lookin out for qualities nt ethinicity ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacking Jakana, Borno Town - Daily Sun / Bola Tinubu Revalidates His APC Membership (Video) / PCC List: APC Reward System Poor, I Am Worried – Joe Igbokwe Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.