Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,015 members, 7,956,766 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government (19391 Views)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by acidtalk: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
Beaf: The citizens are as bad as the politicians.
Have we not all seen how people rushed to the scene of the Dana air crash to steal the belongings of the dead?

The politicians rose from society, so please people, look in the mirror.

There are a few good ones left, let us act to propel them upward and not kill them before they grow.

But you are certainly amongst the rotten eggs in the society.

So sad that we allowed ourselves to get to this level of not even having a conscience to the extent of stealing from the dead. It is so damn sad.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by achukwunet(f): 3:59am On Jun 13, 2012
[quote author=PapaBrowne]The leaders we talk about, were all members of the populace yesterday before they went to Abuja.
Truth be told, the current situation of the country is a reflection of the people that inhabit the country. The sad thing is that rather than look inwards, we are deflect our responsibilities and point hands at the leaders(people whose existence is totally dependent on us).

The behavior of the people of Nigeria is another reflection to the politicians who govern the country. The people of Naija have no one to govern them or police what they do. And now, it seems too late too late to change that
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2012
achukwunet: [/quote]The behavior of the people of Nigeria is another reflection to the politicians who govern the country. The people of Naija have no one to govern them orpolice what they do. And now, it seems too late too late to change that

Who is the first to come into existence?
The people? Or the leader/govt?

Or lemme ask this way.......
As a human, who would you first become?

A follower/the people? Or a leader/the govt?
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Orikinla(m): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2012
acidtalk: This thread might be offensive to. A whole lot of people and I will understand why.

We (the citizens and common man) are the main cause why Nigeria over the years of Independence till date keeps getting worse.

We play sentiments in anything and everything we do. In choosing a Leader, awarding contract and even correctly our corrupt politicians.

Must we wait for things to deteriorate before taking action? Must disaster happen before we realize there are pending reports on that same issue we refused or forgot to tackle before this present disaster?

* Plane Crash : I can vividly remember after the 2005 Bellview and Sosoliso plane crashes, Obasanjo setup a committee to look at the possible causes of the aviation disaster something Kema Chikwe the then Aviation Minister passed later to Fani Kayode. Almost 10years since then no report was made. Now Jonathan will setup another committee for the same issue thereby wasting billions of naira of tax payers money to fund.

*Power : It would be like counting the strands of hair on a ladies head if we want to remember how many committees have been setup over the years to look into possible ways of improving power supply in this country. Yet the only thing we hear is Power Holdings (former NEPA) increasing power tariffs each passing month to enable have steady power. Yet these same Nigeria keep quiet and hope for a "better day".

*Sports : the only uniting factor of the country is absolutely nothing to talk about. Nigerians only remember the urgent need for a foreign or indigenous coach few months to tournaments. Forgetting that both the Ministry of Sports and NFF have thousands of committee that have been looking into developing sports (most especially football) in these country.

*Oil (Petroleum) : nothing to write home about this, almost every first day of every year this is what Nigerian Government gives us as New Year present (increase in fuel price). People protest for a few days then return to their work without putting pressure on the government to know what such monies are used for.

On and on the list goes....

Before blaming the government next time, thing deep if you have made an effort to make your government accountable at anytime.

Its like leaving your doors and windows open each night and I thief comes in to steal. After discovering this in the morning all you do is shout and then make the same mistake. Who is to be blamed? You or the thief in question.
. You have said it all. Majority of Nigerian adults are i-d-i-ots and the unfortunate thing is these legions of i-d-i-ots multiply as they breed daily. And to worsen their predicament, they live in denial of their stupidity as shown by their shameless deceit. They are not different from their political opportunists in power. Those stealing small amounts today are waiting for their turns to join the big looters.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by bumie07(m): 10:22pm On Jun 13, 2012
Its always good when there is a constructive argument on the table to deliberate on,we've been clamouring for change in this country ever since,but where will the change comes from?revolution can never happen in Nigeria until the country split up,ever since I can remember its the same set of people that has been @ the helm of power that are still there?how then are we going to have our change wen new pple re not coming in until youth who are visionary are allow @ the helm of power the we will never see any change
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by acidtalk: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
bumie07: Its always good when there is a constructive argument on the table to deliberate on,we've been clamouring for change in this country ever since,but where will the change comes from?revolution can never happen in Nigeria until the country split up,ever since I can remember its the same set of people that has been @ the helm of power that are still there?how then are we going to have our change wen new pple re not coming in until youth who are visionary are allow @ the helm of power the we will never see any change

Help me ask them oh!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by achukwunet(f): 7:58am On Jul 31, 2012
Citizens or politicians. Either way they're both corrupt. At least that's what I see when I watch the news. Nigeria needs to go through major rehabilitation undecided
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by acidtalk: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2012
achukwunet: Citizens or politicians. Either way they're both corrupt. At least that's what I see when I watch the news. Nigeria needs to go through major rehabilitation undecided

I think more of a nation wide spiritual cleansing this time around because things in this country just keep getting worse by each passing second.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by 2good(m): 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2012
acidtalk:

I think more of a nation wide spiritual cleansing this time around because things in this country just keep getting worse by each passing second.

Nigerians need to stop looking for spiritual cleansing and instead use physical cleansing to solve the country's problem. Enough with praying and fasting. Physical action is all that is needed to bring about any meaningful change.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 2:30am On Sep 20, 2012
Wat we need in nigeria is to start breeding d young ones in the right manner. Teach them how things work, instill in them a perfect mindset. Then we will av hope of better nigerian leaders.....which consequently leads to a better nigeria. We need to stop blaming leaders cos they were once normal citizens. if they had learnt how to do the right thing while they were ordinary citizen, it won't be difficult to do the right while in power. #nuffsaid
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by nonen(m): 10:30am On Sep 20, 2012
Orikinla: . You have said it all. Majority of Nigerian adults are i-d-i-ots and the unfortunate thing is these legions of i-d-i-ots multiply as they breed daily. And to worsen their predicament, they live in denial of their stupidity as shown by their shameless deceit. They are not different from their political opportunists in power. Those stealing small amounts today are waiting for their turns to join the big looters.

I thought the last D-A-F-T in the world was Col Gadaffi, who let himself slaughtered by forces he can't face, let alone withstand; till I saw you post.

Do you understant what it means when global experts, both local and international, make statements like:
-Nigerian problem is systemic.
-Nigerian system is CORRUPT and CORRUPTING.
If you think it takes more of followership than leadership, answer these questions:
-Why have you not sued or slapped the gun toting soldier or police man for collecting bribe or harrassing you?
-Why have you not sued to beaten the pump attendant who sold fuel to you for 200/ltr?
-Why have you not drafted a bill to the National Assembly proposing 'life time jail term' for corrupt citizens. Come to think of it, what did you do when you heard about the man amputated for stealing maggi in the market, while the other woman who stole billions spent 6months under house arrest?

Leadership is key in a lawless country like ours, where we understand the true value and sanctity of life. Ask a wise man above 60years, and hear him out on this.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by tck2000(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2020
acidtalk:

Nigerians are too Cowardice for this.
If they don't put a BAND STAND at Ojota were they know a countable numbers on entertainers will come to perform, you will never see them in their millions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Lands In Nigeria Following His Lobbying Trip To South Africa.pics / Buhari’s Policies Are ‘Mere Propaganda’ – Buba Galadima, APC BoT Member / President Buhari Visits Borno State, Received By Shettima (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.