Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government (19105 Views)

U.S. Predicts Challenge In Protecting Nigerian Citizens By The New Govt In Abuja / Some Senior Citizens Are Motor Park Touts –Jonathan / List The Problems In Nigeria And Your Possible Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Beaf: 12:01am On Jun 05, 2012
The citizens are as bad as the politicians.
Have we not all seen how people rushed to the scene of the Dana air crash to steal the belongings of the dead?

The politicians rose from society, so please people, look in the mirror.

There are a few good ones left, let us act to propel them upward and not kill them before they grow.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by PapaBrowne(m): 12:08am On Jun 05, 2012
hakwise:

In as much as it made sense with ur submission....I like U̶̲̥̅̊ to look at it this way ...most of †ђξ citizens of these advanced countries we look up to Ħª√ę as much rotten peoplee we Ħª√ę in nigeria...but do U̶̲̥̅̊ know why they r better than us ...its becos they built institution that is strong enough to check their peoples excesses ...human nature naturally is evil !! Just like president obama rightlly noted ..we should really start building institutions, right mentality that would outlive us all...U̶̲̥̅̊ and I can't start that n expect †ђξ much desired effect or result except it start from †ђξ top.....so my take still goes to our leaders ...we av been so unlucky to av †ђξ wrong peoplee at †ђξ helm of affairs...†ђξ moment we start to Ħª√ę †ђξ right n progressive thinking leaders...things would take shape believe M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ ..so nigerians should stop this attitude of I must vote for my tribe oor its tribe A or B's turn..we should start lookin out for qualities nt ethinicity ...

I agree with you very much. But ask yourself, who will man these institutions? Its the populace, most of whom would be seeking to enrich themselves. I've lived in two advanced countries and I can tell you that without a supportive population, there would be no impact from a good government.
Ask yourself, why do Nigerians go abroad and end up in jails for drug dealing? Did the government put them thru some kind of training on how to deal drugs? Why do indians on the other hand go out there and open shops?? Its culture my broda! Our culture must change. We must learn to take responsibility for our failures and stop passing the buck.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by purplekayc(m): 2:19am On Jun 05, 2012
I agree totally :
NIGERIANS SHOULD STOP BLAMING GOD FOR OUR PLIGHT - By Marian Iyabode Awolowo

They hide behind Holy Books but harbours mischief in their hearts thinking that God is human. Look around Nigeria and you will ask what God are those who pray endlessly worshipped. Can any human mock God? NO. Can any human fool God? No. God has blessed us with reasoning ability to manage our resources but we choose to always follow the path of wickedness because of tribe, religion and party affiliations.

Here we are today reaping the fruit of decades of neglect, laziness, hatred, smears, lies, nepotism, tribalism and endemic corruption that had eaten almost all corners of our soul and beautiful nation. Yet, some believe they can mute us, some believed we do not have the right to speak out about apparent hardship and atrocities that are committed by our so called leaders. Some believed that we should be so heartless and support people just because of our tribe, religion or party affiliations.

Yet, they have the audacity to call themselves humans; they have the audacity to tell us to pray for leaders that are destroying our lives and prospects; they have the audacity to preach to us to “pray for Nigeria” instead of fighting the ills that are disabling millions of Nigerians.

Can prayer alone work without action? Are we really following the teaching of Christ when we choose people who are clearly not qualify for the job they are holding?

Did Jesus just hide behind Holy Books and not fight off those who are corrupting churches and the people?

Nigerians should wake-up; we are being left behind.

Start asking yourself who’s God are you worshipping?

STOP BLAMING GOD FOR OUR PLIGHT, BECAUSE GOD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR PLIGHT, MAJORITY WORSHIP MEN AND NOT GOD, SO PLEASE LEAVE GOD OUT OF THIS MESS.

THE ROOT CAUSES OF OUR PBOBLEMS IS OUR negligence, hatred, nepotism, smear, favouritism, tribalism, lies, selfishness in thinking and doing, sycophants that are rooted in our veins. All these ills lead to self-destruction. So why blame God for it? Did you call God when you were engaged in these ills?

Positions that are supposed to be occupied by experienced personnel are being entrusted to people they called “their own”. There is deaths, hardship and strive in the land packed with so many corrupt leaders who contracted your safety to shady contractors because of their own bribery of 10%.

Some of these corrupt leaders have their own private planes, so what made you to think they would care whether the planes you are travelling on are suitable for flying or not?.

We are been mocked by our so called leaders and you know it and it not important whether you accept this fact or not.

But, look closely at those in charge of your safety and general wellbeing and asked yourself if your life is worthy? So why are you or do you want anyone to play politics with it?

So many people died this weekend alone talk less of other avoidable deaths. So when would this stop? Who is out there that can be bold enough to rescue Nigerians from corrupt killers of dreams?

Right now there is mayhem in some of the churches, where pastors are creating terrible divisions amongst Christians and Muslims. Is this what true Christianity is or was? Are you truly a Christians? Is your pastor truly leading you to God? Would Jesus preach hate?

Also, some Pastors are busy in churches preaching prosperity as if everything about the Bible is money, money, money. Can anyone achieve success without working for it? Are these not the same government supporters who are depriving you of stable employment?

On spiritual point of view, those who conduct services of hate in Churches or Mosque do not believe in researching about anything that will give you new ways of thinking because staying with primitive thinking sooth their selfish purpose. They are the hypocrites who are destroying the reputations of good God fearing Pastors and Imam's among you. They are not followers of Jesus or Mohammed (SWS) neither are they of God. AND YOU KNOW IT!!!

They are the ones who are leading their congregation to hell by their incitements. There is disaster in the land and thanks to some of your pastors and Imam's, who clearly eat and wined with the same people who are corrupt and killing you slowly and brutally by their neglect. They are giving you nothing but enslaving your mind. Your life means nothing to them and they have showed you many times.

Truly we are being led by fools and innocent people are paying the price.

DEDICATED TO VICTIMS OF NEGLECT AND ATROCITIES IN NIGERIA; MAY THE SOULS OF THE DEPARTED REST IN PERFECT PEACE; MAY GOD BE WITH THEIR FAMILIES.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by ezicat: 2:45am On Jun 05, 2012
My 50 cents. I'm of the opinion that those pointing squarely to the leaders simply don't want to take responsibility for their actions. Agreed that we're more likely to commit a crime if we know we can get away with it - that doesn't make it a viable excuse ESPECIALLY if we then turn around and complain about it. So many people have already given examples. Here are more: the SAME people that throw garbage from their cars are the SAME people that complain about how filthy the streets are! The SAME people that pay their domestic servants a pittance and owe them while they buy fancy clothing are the SAME people that complain about how they're treated at work and how much they're paid. Would politicians steal with impunity if people shunned them for the wealth they've stolen? Instead Nigerians grovel at their feet for a piece of that pie. Either revel in the decadence that is Nigeria and all it's ills which YOU, yes YOU contribute to or take the FIRST steps to be that good citizen you want your leaders to be - yeah there will be sacrifices but when isn't there for a good cause? (You know your leaders make the same excuses, right? Like - how can I fight corruption when the senate, the judges etc are all corrupt. It has to start SOMEWHERE)

Here are some concrete things we can do with the power of the internet. For those who asked for the gems of society, we already have notable examples of good Nigerians. I'm up for starting a petition on voting one or more in for 2015 perhaps by having them start their own party? As for the average Nigerian citizen, we can start a pledge on facebook where we list the top three things we expect from each and every citizen. Something to get people talking. I'd happily sign up for it. Here are some examples 1) I will discuss business co-operatives with my family, with my neighbors, with my village (i.e. I will not be greedy)) 2) I will not throw garbage from my car, from my verandah, from my shop 3) I will use a condom after marriage (i.e. I will practice forethought and planning) 4) I will not treat ANYONE like they're beneath me; like they owe me because I'm wealthier or older or male.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by ChideraFavour(m): 3:41am On Jun 05, 2012
Chidera. Both Govt & citizen d problem
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by acidtalk: 7:03am On Jun 05, 2012
with all these contributions comming in, i strongly believe theres still hope for Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by roqchiq(f): 7:05am On Jun 05, 2012
This is the exact same thing that places Nigeria where it is today. You can't say that the people must change before the Government can change..its wrong. Instead while the people are changing,the government too should be changing,if not the govt will frustrate the change of the people.

We the citizens can change the govt,make them accountable,vote the right people,not the person that gives you a cup of rice and 1k to put him there,and then makes you pay back a bag of rice and 100k because frankly, what do you expect from such a person.

The root is bad,the root is bad, we all say...what about the rotten leaves and snarled branches,havn't you seen trees with strong,rich roots,buried deeply and endlessly into the soil,with strong,broad, trunks, and yet their branches, are terrible infested,dead-looking,all black,and have little or no leaves. That is what our dear country looks like....our roots are healthy,placed where they tap into the richest nutrients the earth has to offer,we come into the world with great ideas,ambitions,but along the line what happens....the brilliant and promising child who should make a positive change is unable to have a solid foundation,because his parents are unable to send him to a good school,he manages to struggle through, yet scholarships are granted to the rich one who can well afford the school and doesnt really need it,the promising child becomes the torture of the society,his brains are negatively channelled. The rich child grows up with the believe that whatever he wants would be handed to him,consequently,he is handed his father's public office,which he does not merit nor understand....and the recycling continues.

Another problem is the selfish and nonchalant attitude of nigerians...''so long as the fire no dey burn my house wetin concern me with water''. What about when the fire eventually comes,because you didnt try to help in putting it out,by then it'll be too late. If only we can sincerely love our country,and try to put things right....

Stop allowing foreigners to brainwash and dictate how we should live, na so we go dey sleep,china sef go come colonise us.

No matter how many houses we build in other countries....Nigeria is the only country we have,it is where God has given us,lets own it...how would you treat your mother,father,your child!,....how do you treat your country....?!

Its not just the leaders, its the people....if we can put in the right person,make him accountable and pull him out when he doesnt perform....instead of kowtowing to our leaders and collecting the measly drops from their tables,and then we'll start complaining,when its time to vote again,he'll give us a cup of rice.

So next time the candidate gives you a cup of rice and #500, to put him in a public office,and you do so....when he decides to make your life a living hell don't complain.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by 2good(m): 8:07am On Jun 05, 2012
acidtalk: This thread might be offensive to. A whole lot of people and I will understand why.

We (the citizens and common man) are the main cause why Nigeria over the years of Independence till date keeps getting worse.

We play sentiments in anything and everything we do. In choosing a Leader, awarding contract and even correctly our corrupt politicians.

Must we wait for things to deteriorate before taking action? Must disaster happen before we realize there are pending reports on that same issue we refused or forgot to tackle before this present disaster?

* Plane Crash : I can vividly remember after the 2005 Bellview and Sosoliso plane crashes, Obasanjo setup a committee to look at the possible causes of the aviation disaster something Kema Chikwe the then Aviation Minister passed later to Fani Kayode. Almost 10years since then no report was made. Now Jonathan will setup another committee for the same issue thereby wasting billions of naira of tax payers money to fund.

*Power : It would be like counting the strands of hair on a ladies head if we want to remember how many committees have been setup over the years to look into possible ways of improving power supply in this country. Yet the only thing we hear is Power Holdings (former NEPA) increasing power tariffs each passing month to enable have steady power. Yet these same Nigeria keep quiet and hope for a "better day".

*Sports : the only uniting factor of the country is absolutely nothing to talk about. Nigerians only remember the urgent need for a foreign or indigenous coach few months to tournaments. Forgetting that both the Ministry of Sports and NFF have thousands of committee that have been looking into developing sports (most especially football) in these country.

*Oil (Petroleum) : nothing to write home about this, almost every first day of every year this is what Nigerian Government gives us as New Year present (increase in fuel price). People protest for a few days then return to their work without putting pressure on the government to know what such monies are used for.

On and on the list goes....

Before blaming the government next time, thing deep if you have made an effort to make your government accountable at anytime.

Its like leaving your doors and windows open each night and I thief comes in to steal. After discovering this in the morning all you do is shout and then make the same mistake. Who is to be blamed? You or the thief in question.

While I agree with you 100%, a strong leader can bring about a change and force the people to accept it by force for the good of the people using strong government institutions. Nigeria at the current stage need such a strong leader because the culture of the country over time have been completely destroyed such that people are worshipped for their success irrespective of how they make their wealth, parent and society put pressure on their children making these children to be ready to go any length to be successful,Another major problem is the level of religious fanaticism which makes people to throw away reason in making decision just because their pastor said god said so. A strong leader is needed to first get rid of all the old politicians because I strongly believe that without purging most of the old guards in Nigeria, nothing will change. The influence of these corrupt old politicians permeates into every sector of the economy such that if they are not purged out, no messiah can save us.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Geeweeny(m): 8:26am On Jun 05, 2012
Plane crash z nt 2 b blamed on anybdy,dz z an acident dt jst hapnd,bt nw m goin 2 reply dz thread,d govmnt n d pipl r 2 b blamed 4 d country's problem,evry1 in dz country z corupt,tribalistic n sentimental includin me,cos dt was d foundation d country was built upon,bt we d youths stl av a chance 2 break loose 4rm dz bndage,bt 4rm wt m seein,i tnk m alrdy losin hpe in 9ja youths
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by jamace(m): 9:14am On Jun 05, 2012
A leader has a LEGAL right to correct the ills in the society through the constitution.
The people have ILLEGAL right to correct the wrongs in the society through protests, civil disobedience, strikes, terrorism, revolts and revolutions.

That said, it is obvious the govt has failed that is why we are having all these nonsense in the country.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by brabus(m): 9:16am On Jun 05, 2012
Silence is killing us and we're all to be blamed.

Silence is killing us. Over 153 people met their untimely death for no reason other than accident. This is tragic murder of Nigerians by Nigerians. Now, we're having a national debate as I do call it, the kind of periodic discussion (or chat) we go through whenever a monumental tragedies startles us into awareness.

The fatal crash on the highways, the bombing of innocent people in the North, the plane crash in Accra and Lagos: these events suddenly shake us out of complacency and remind us that fear, prejudice and rage are always the shadows just beyond the light of our reason. Now, we start to speak out. Speaking out of outrage and grief. Speaking in sorrow and despair, demanding to know why such a thing could happen. And predictably, there are also defensive voices, like the Minister of Aviation trying to shift the blame to fate and probably God.

"Silence is killing Nigerians."[b] The silence of Nigerians who knew that our scriptures on corruption are few and murky in interpretation. The silence of well-meaning educated people who pretend to abhor corruption while quietly tolerating the abuse of office and power in their own nests. The silence of our elected officials who have the authority to make changes but prefer to count votes. The silence of the majority of Nigerians who shift uncomfortably when confronted by the thought and reality that we are the architects of our own misfortune.
[/b]In Nigeria, we are men and women surrounded by the silence of our own fear. Our fear of being identified with the scapegoat. Our fear of taking an unpopular position for the sake of those who cannot stand alone. Our fear of social and religious change. Our fear comes in many forms, but it always comes silently. A whispered joke. A glance to look away from the truth. A quick shake of the head to deny any complicity in the pain of others.
Through silence, we give ourselves permission to practice what we pretend to abhor. With silence, we condemn scores of our neighbors to live in the shadows of death. In silence, we see no wrong in accidents. Its an act of God we say.

As from today, let us (government officials, businessmen, artisans, employees, employers, trade union, religious institutions, nairalanders etc) resolve to carry that part of our national shame on our shoulders and never to allow silence to have the last word

Just my little cent o!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by michylabo(m): 9:25am On Jun 05, 2012
Both the citizens and government of Nigeria r too blame for alot of issues facing this country. A case study: Last week a fuel tanker was on fire on the Lagos Ibadan expressway. About 7 smaller vehichle and 3 trailers were caught by the fire. While Fire service trucks were rushing to rescue, other road users had caused major traffic by blocking even bushes with there cars in a bid to hurry and continue there journey. This caused a gangster kind of traffic that lasted 6hours. While the government r make facilities such as roads and other provisions, citizen can help by been responsible and obey simple laws and instructions. Alot of vase studies abound. Same in aviation, sports, and other sectors of the economy.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by jamace(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2012
Na wa for dis kain comment o. shocked
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Carmall(m): 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
Just feel the revolution hve to start frm the head (Government)....
If any leader who stole government money is killed publicly, i think the citizen will stop stealing too...cos they will imagine what will be done to them if such could be done to a whole leader...
My opinion
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by nonen(m): 8:53am On Jun 06, 2012
I'm so dismayed by the kind of arguments seen here. Our problem is just the government, and not the citizen. The government and the citizen, who is in charge? The citizen is just a reflection of both the permissibility and efficiency of government. Our problems are systemic. We don't have structures that work. Check out civilized climes, they only have structures that work. You as a citizen knows what you'll get for any action you perform: positive or negative. When we set up these systems, we don't even need perfectionist to manage them. Systems work on their own. Everyone understands how they work too. See Obama's reform, is he blaming the washinton corruption on the citizens, NOPE! He blames the past leadership. How is is addressing them? Restructuring the system. How many times have you seen seemingly incorruptible people resign or sacked from his cabinet? There is corruption in America, but the government can't live with it. Does that happen here? Yes! Only when they start speaking the truth or pro-masses. The Government is our problem. Take Ghana and Rawlings as a case study. Do you thing Nigeria have better activist than Ghana? NOPE! It took the vision and power from the top to make Ghana a model in Africa.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by jamace(m): 10:32am On Jun 06, 2012
nonen: I'm so dismayed by the kind of arguments seen here. Our problem is just the government, and not the citizen. The government and the citizen, who is in charge? The citizen is just a reflection of both the permissibility and efficiency of government. Our problems are systemic. We don't have structures that work. Check out civilized climes, they only have structures that work. You as a citizen knows what you'll get for any action you perform: positive or negative. When we set up these systems, we don't even need perfectionist to manage them. Systems work on their own. Everyone understands how they work too. See Obama's reform, is he blaming the washinton corruption on the citizens, NOPE! He blames the past leadership. How is is addressing them? Restructuring the system. How many times have you seen seemingly incorruptible people resign or sacked from his cabinet? There is corruption in America, but the government can't live with it. Does that happen here? Yes! Only when they start speaking the truth or pro-masses. The Government is our problem. Take Ghana and Rawlings as a case study. Do you thing Nigeria have better activist than Ghana? NOPE! It took the vision and power from the top to make Ghana a model in Africa.

Word!

Those who blame citizens for the woes of Nigeria do not know what leadership/government is. Leadership/government shows the citizen the way to go, not the other way round.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by londoner: 11:25am On Jun 06, 2012
koruji:
This is complete upside down. If we have to do personal stuff before government lives up to its responsibilities why do we need a government before we can accomplish this personal chores.

The real issue is that many of the things that we need to do in our personal life depend on a government meeting its responsibilities FIRST.

Well, there are some things that are outside of the grasp of Nigerians to fix, but to be honest the only person that can affect your immediate surroundings is you.

At the end of the day, you can not divorce the mindset of the individual when you consider a nation because one is a direct result of the other.

Lets be rational for once and accept our own fault in at least not limiting our damage.
We don't have a world class health service - but do Nigerian individuals have to make it even worse by being unclean and selling fake drugs with the full knowledge that they are fake, just for the almighty Naira?

We know the roads in many places are bad - but do Nigerian individuals have to ensure a high level of accidents and death by driving like maniacs and in a way that breaks the law?

Do many Nigerians have to make sure that the system fails further by being dishonest at every turn?

They ensure this by being sloppy at their jobs and attitude to the workplace and always trying to bend rules and pull a fast one.

At the end of the day we can compare the Nigerian government to any in the world and point fingers, but other governments do not have a population that has so many people actively destroying any type of structure.

Lets tell ourselves the truth.....even when a Nigerian travels abroad under a different government who is providing for them what they want the Nigerian government to provide.................many still exhibit the same destructive character.

If the problem was really the government, then the practices of many Nigerians abroad would be different.

Until the average Nigerian changes, I do not expect any material change.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by londoner: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2012
At the end of the day.....do what is in your capability to do, that alone can change your everyday experience and that of those around you.

I have to say in my whole life, no government official or member of the government has had to show me how to be clean, or to be honest, or to uphold my morals or my responsibility to others.That is the same for the majority of people world over.

If the average Nigerian needs that to happen before they become responsible and upright individuals in their daily lives then it is more worrying then I realised.............
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by mensdept: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2012
Suprised that at last some of una dey talk sense.

If the PEOPLE were serious, they would have since staged a coup themselves, executing ALL the bad leaders, fake pastors, mallams, heads of industry, and many many more.

This has happened in all the other continents, among all the other races, except we, the BLACK folks.

Why?

Instead we dont mind dashing our hard earned money to KLM, British Air, and White man's airline, nor importing THeir cars, nor going to medical checkup in THEIR country, nor looking at how to do their hairstyles and speak their Phonee/slang, nor watch their Man U vs. Chelsea....

And when we read and see a governor who's state is criminally poor award himself and his cronies life pension, we dont advocate for the citizens to go and kill his bit.cha.zz.

When a plane killing hundreds (including those unfortunately going to the Nigg.a Area country for the first time)all we hear is "we go survive", "na god go help us".. and its finish.

Movies suck
Roads suck
Mens/Womens soccer suck
schools suck
girls suck
airports suck
We Suck

as a people.

Time to start overthrowing the leaders and their follow follow pastors
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by londoner: 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
^^^^^At the end of the day it is hard to convince someone to overthrow someone because they are corrupt or dishonest, because deep down many Nigerians know they are not different, so where will the killings stop? They are not sure they will not also be made to pay for their dishonesty in their own lives.............
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by johnie: 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2012
nonen: I'm so dismayed by the kind of arguments seen here. Our problem is just the government, and not the citizen. The government and the citizen, who is in charge? The citizen is just a reflection of both the permissibility and efficiency of government. Our problems are systemic. We don't have structures that work. Check out civilized climes, they only have structures that work. You as a citizen knows what you'll get for any action you perform: positive or negative. When we set up these systems, we don't even need perfectionist to manage them. Systems work on their own. Everyone understands how they work too. See Obama's reform, is he blaming the washinton corruption on the citizens, NOPE! He blames the past leadership. How is is addressing them? Restructuring the system. How many times have you seen seemingly incorruptible people resign or sacked from his cabinet? There is corruption in America, but the government can't live with it. Does that happen here? Yes! Only when they start speaking the truth or pro-masses. The Government is our problem. Take Ghana and Rawlings as a case study. Do you thing Nigeria have better activist than Ghana? NOPE! It took the vision and power from the top to make Ghana a model in Africa.

Model?

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#9986081

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#10009079

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#10058096

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#10150700

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#10151072

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by johnie: 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
mens dept: Suprised that at last some of una dey talk sense.

If the PEOPLE were serious, they would have since staged a coup themselves, executing ALL the bad leaders, fake pastors, mallams, heads of industry, and many many more.

This has happened in all the other continents, among all the other races, except we, the BLACK folks.

Please substantiate or elaborate!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 06, 2012
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
Wait a minute? Who are these governments we blame? The products of our Grandfathers.... We already know now that our granddads trained them the wrong way, just accept it...and start nurturing the new leaders of tomorrow(our children) in the right path of morality... cos we know we ourselves are rotten...let's take the blame once and for all and move on. If no one wants to accept the blame, no one will correct the mistake.

The person who said; a tree whose leaves are rotten and the root is healthy and déeply rooted...listen, this shows you are not a good florist. Cos if you're, you will know that the problem must have originated from the root it only looked healthy in the outside...

The fact is...corruption is now everywhere; if government should put in place policies(in which most is already in place).....who will implement the policies? The police, lawyers (you and me)- who are already corrupt.....now, when they pick up Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, professors(you and me) for our corrupt practices, we pay them bribes...... So why blame the Government ? As a matter of fact, when this so called govt officials loot money or rig elections, they make use of you and I(the bankers, inec officials, touts etc...) they don't do it themselves...

to even state fact, if govt start picking up people won't you be among? Check deep in Your personality! After checking mine, I realised some bad practices I Engage in like throwing purewater satchet on the street, seeing criminals and walking past them without reporting, I can't even recall the last time I paid any tax(I'm sure this is the same for most nigerians except civil servants, but yet we want good roads and electricity Mtcheew) etc...
The government is us and we are the government...if we want change we will get it. Do your own duty as a citizen, let your brothers, sisters and kids see you do it so that they can also grow up to become law abiding citizens! Also be an example of a morally upright person to them, thereby you are grooming the great leaders of the tomorrow nigeria.

[size=16pt]Don't teach them to also be another Set of blame pushers!!!! [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by OperaMini1(m): 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2012
The problem with Nigeria is greed, greed and greed. So if you're a citizen and you're greedy, then you're the problem with Nigeria; if you're govt. and you're greedy, you're a Nigeria's problem.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
Opera Mini: The problem with Nigeria is greed, greed and greed. So if you're a citizen and you're greedy, then you're the problem with Nigeria; if you're govt. and you're greedy, you're a Nigeria's problem.

My friend, that is just one of the problems....Lemme add more;

Unaccountability: one of the problems with most nigerians(both the people and govt is that we don't want to be blamed! We don't accept the fact that we are actually wrong, when obviously we are.... We always prefer to push it and blame it on someone else, the person will also blame another person and it goes on and on until no one will be able to solve the problem.

Another point is African mentality; we really need enlightenment so that all those local believes of various tribes and foolish folklores need to be abolished and remain in the history books! That black mentality is killing us...

Then finally, the I don't care attitudes; most people does things without caring the effect it will/might have on others(or our neighbours) ...and that is among attitudes the so called govt takes to Aso-Rock ...they will do things, loot money without caring the effect on the citizens

If we can clear all these problems in our society, there is atleast hope for the future of the coming nigerians who will assume power.

Cos its obvious that our fathers made worse mistakes than those our grand fathers did. Check out the youths of today who will assume power. Sometimes when I Think about it, I fear for nigerians future. But its not to late to make a change, just start from your own family that's all!
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by nonen(m): 9:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
johnie:

Model?

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#9986081

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#10009079

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#10058096

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#10150700

https://www.nairaland.com/639186/nigerian-political-class-foreign-counterparts/5#10151072

I actually said the there is corruption in America. If corruption can thrieve in America, with systems that work; how much more Ghana. Ghana, comparatively is a model in Africa. Check out the crime happening in Ghana and compare it with what happens here. I can stick my neck for this argument antwhere. Leadership is Nigeria's problem, not followership.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
nonen:

I actually said the there is corruption in America. If corruption can thrieve in America, with systems that work; how much more Ghana. Ghana, comparatively is a model in Africa. Check out the crime happening in Ghana and compare it with what happens here. I can stick my neck for this argument antwhere. Leadership is Nigeria's problem, not followership.

Abeg....get a life!!! I can't believe someone comparing Ghana and Nigeria.....Gosh!!!

I bet you have never Léft nigeria before, you just believe everything people say....
My friend, when talking of high level corruption it affects the whole african continent. Infact, the glorified South Africa are facing their own problems....which I can't even start analysing...so stop comparing african countries, especially Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa.. The reason why Nigeria is more popular in crime rate and corruption is because; you guys always make your problems a public issue,I guess the bigger population is also an issue and you guys don't even help yourself. (lemme expantiate on that);

Assuming a white man ask a Ghanaian about his country, he prefers to talk more about the tourist centres, the kind citizens and other good things.

Now let a foreigner ask a nigerian the same question, he prefers to talk more about the bad leaders, the poverty level etc... Thereby giving a bad impression to the foreigner about nigeria...and the bad reputation goes like that.
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by achukwunet(f): 3:38am On Jun 10, 2012
shocked How the hell can you sit there and say that the citizens are the problem makers of Nigeria?
The government is full of corrupt politicians who decides what happens to the citizens. The citizens, if anything, are the result of the decisions of those politicians. IF you're complaining about the attitudes/behavior of the citizens, blame the government. The citizens of Nigeria have learned to be dishonest, greedy, unexceptionably rude and, if anything, quite clueless when it comes to every day activities. It's time for the citizens of Nigeria to wake up and realize what they have allowed to happen to their country. The citizens of Nigeria have absolutely no idea what is going on in their government. undecided
Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by PapaBrowne(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2012
achukwunet: shocked How the hell can you sit there and say that the citizens are the problem makers of Nigeria?
The government is full of corrupt politicians who decides what happens to the citizens. The citizens, if anything, are the result of the decisions of those politicians. IF you're complaining about the attitudes/behavior of the citizens, blame the government. The citizens of Nigeria have learned to be dishonest, greedy, unexceptionably rude and, if anything, quite clueless when it comes to every day activities. It's time for the citizens of Nigeria to wake up and realize what they have allowed to happen to their country. The citizens of Nigeria have absolutely no idea what is going on in their government. undecided

As if the Government of Nigeria is not made up of the citizens of Nigeria. The Government is a reflection of the citizenry!! Every Government official was a regular citizen yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Citizens Are The Problems Of Nigeria NOT The Government by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 10, 2012
PapaBrowne:

As if the Government of Nigeria is not made up of the citizens of Nigeria. The Government is a reflection of the citizenry!! Every Government official was a regular citizen yesterday.

GBam GBAM!!! Short and precise
That was just another blame pusher for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DPR Issues 21 Licences For New Refineries- The National Mirror / FG Inaugurates Water Project In Otuoke, Bayelsa / Rivers Rally: PDP Asks Permission To Use Adokiye Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.