Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air (11817 Views)

Status And Honour Of Mother In Islam / Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Questions On The “innocence Of Muslims”. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by yusuf01(m): 7:08am On Jun 04, 2012
Salam Aleikum
Inna lilahi wa inna ileihi rajioon; From Thee we come from and to Thee our eventual return.

May Allah grant the families of these muslims patience in this trying time. Nobody planned to lose a loved one, but like Allah said in the glorious Qur'an; all souls shall taste death.

But such times as this comes some innovative (bi'diah) ways of morning our dead, and this is mostly among unlearned muslims. Islam - as perfect as it is - has recommended guided ways to mourn our dead; we are allowed to pray for them. The prophet (SAW) said the best thing we can ever give our dead is our prayer, because they need it a lot. As muslims, we should stop attaching superstitious beliefs to what has just happened - it is unislamic. People have been saying all sorts, and its unfortunate that some muslims are also passing such informations across (especially via BB broadcast). Remember when an eclipse occurred when the prophet's son died (I can't remember the name now; maybe Ibrahim or Qasim), people said it was as a result of the death of the prophet's son. He came out to tell them that eclipses are one of the signs of Allah and not as a result of someone's death.

As muslims, we are a guided ummah, let's not follow the steps of the unguided ones. An example of what I've been seeing on my BBM; muslims displaying black images (and candles) as their DPs, these actions are not in line with what the prophet (SAW) taught us. He's our mentor, he's meant to guide us. Like Aisha (RA) said, he's Qu'ran in motion.

Once again, may Allah reward those that died in the plane crash the best of their good deeds, and may he forgive them of their shortcomings.

Salam Aleikum.

11 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by tbaba1234: 7:12am On Jun 04, 2012
Inna lilahi wa inna ileihi rajioon

May Allah have mercy on them and forgive them their shortcomings....

2 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by deols(f): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2012
may Allah forgive their sins

cry cry cry cry
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by faroukbabs: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
May almighty allah forgive their sins and grant them al jannah. May he also put in the hearts of their loved ones enuf eeman to bear d loss

4 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by BIGERBOY1: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
Double post
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by BIGERBOY1: 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
To Allah belongs what he takes and He owns what He give, and everything with him is in measures..... May Allah forgihim them and have mercy on them

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by mukina2: 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2012
from Him we came to Him we shall return.

May Allah forgive their shortcomings and grant them aljannat Firdaus

4 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by deeteeneey(f): 5:34am On Jun 05, 2012
inna lillah wa inna ilahyi rajiun. May Allah forgive them their sins and grant them al jannah(amin)

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by olawalebabs(m): 6:30am On Jun 05, 2012
May Allah give the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss, ad may the soul of the departed find a resting place in Aljanat

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by logicboy: 11:07am On Jun 05, 2012
I am not muslim and I did not want to comment on a thread mourning the loss of people which a good thing need for a sad time.

However, I think all dead should be mourned and not just muslims. If you have any friend that died, you should mourn him/her even if he/she was not a muslim.

12 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by tiarabubu: 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy: I am not muslim and I did not want to comment on a thread mourning the loss of people which a good thing need for a sad time.

However, I think all dead should be mourned and not just muslims. If you have any friend that died, you should mourn him/her even if he/she was not a muslim.

seconded.

I knew some people on that flight and I wept at their loss. Its just now i remembered one of them is a Muslim. But it matters not.

What matters they all left too soon. I pray he finds rest and so do others.

2 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by BetaThings: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
^^^^^
The mourning they are talking of has to do with religious service and prayers
It is a duty imposed by islam on the entire muslim community
Muslims don't make prayers for DEAD non-muslims
This is actually why Muslims encourage whoever wants to become a muslim to do so quickly

2 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by logicboy: 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
BetaThings: ^^^^^
This is actually why Muslims encourage whoever wants to become a muslim to do so quickly

The religion of peace or bigotry?

5 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by tiarabubu: 12:37am On Jun 06, 2012

shocked shocked shocked

whao! we learn everyday sha.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by LagosShia: 2:20am On Jun 06, 2012
^

please you guys should disregard BetaThing.he is a wahhabi aka salafist.they are not true Muslims but terrorists and extremists.

what does honoring or remembering the dead have to do with performing ritual islamic prayers which are done for Muslims only? are nairalanders performing salat janaza online? salat janaza for muslims is offered in mosques and got nothing to do with online respect. what sort of nonsense is this that BetaThing came to spill before thinking? must wahhabis always issue words of intolerance to make non-muslims view Islam with suspicion?please do not mind BetaThing.he just feels like opening his wahhabi mouth to utter nonsense.salat janaza performed for dead muslims is more or less like a church service held for a dead christian.but that is uncalled for in this thread.

may Allah (swt) have mercy upon all the victims of the crash!!!

4 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by olawalebabs(m): 5:43am On Jun 06, 2012
^^Lagosshia, subhanallahu, i never believe you meant what you just said, it should be a typing error i guess. Calling muslims terrorist. O ja rank ara e. May Allah forgive you and all of us.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by LagosShia: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2012
olawalebabs: ^^Lagosshia, subhanallahu, i never believe you meant what you just said, it should be a typing error i guess. Calling muslims terrorist. O ja rank ara e. May Allah forgive you and all of us.

Muslims? i was not referring to Muslims.i was referring to those wahhabis aka salafists who claim to be Muslims and yet go about beheading Muslims because they refuse to embrace their own ideology.

i am sure you'd agree with me that someone who claims to be a Muslim and goes about beheading others is not practicing Islam but satanism.see for yourself:

https://www.nairaland.com/948839/silence-betrayal-houlamassacre-syria/2#11013482

these people use suicide bombings and kill Shia Muslims while on religious ceremony.they are the same ones who attack churches and make it look they are practicing Islam.they are giving Muslims a bad name.even those Muslims who have legitimate causes to fight for are now discriminated against because of the bad name.any Muslim that now take up arms to fight even for a legitimate cause like the palestinians,are called terrorists because wahhabism have given fuel to non-muslims to attack Islam.

it is due time people get to know who this very tiny miniority that is causing trouble and terror out of hatred,intolerance and an extremist ideology, falsely in the name of Islam is.you cannot be fooled simply because they recite shahada.being a believer is not just lip-service to God and openly reciting some words in arabic.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2012
LagosShia:

Muslims? i was not referring to Muslims.i was referring to those wahhabis aka salafists who claim to be Muslims and yet go about beheading Muslims because they refuse to embrace their own ideology.

i am sure you'd agree with me that someone who claims to be a Muslim and goes about beheading others is not practicing Islam but satanism.see for yourself:

Thanks for this statement, I am beginning to respect you .

Though we disagree on many things, I am glad you do not support this kind of violence.

Without any accusations levelled against me ( I am not here to divide Shia and Sunni ) , I can say for sure also in agreement , that 99% of worldwide violence is caused by the Western world and their Wahhabi allies , but America stands out as the greatest aggressor of modern times.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by BetaThings: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy:

The religion of peace or bigotry?
And yours is what religion?

Islam is easy to judge because we stand by what we believe. Yours do not have fixed principles - no point tangling with quicksand or changing positions
And do you expect Pastors to pray for dead idol worshippers after death?

When somebody spends his entire life denigrating a religion, trying to prove that it does not exist, such a person should not expect the Supreme Being to whom the adherents pray to now answer their (the adherents') prayers for him
What will they be saying to God? To forgive somebody who did not believe in Him?
I am quite sure some people who take your position would not mind leaving instructions that Muslims should be kept away from their gravesides

As a muslim my prayer is for people who are alive and can still be guided
After death, the book of deed is closed

BTW I don't want prayers from people who don't believe in Allah whether I am alive or dead - I don't believe that the people they call on can benefit me in ANYTHING!
It is simple

4 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by LagosShia: 11:18am On Jun 06, 2012
frosbel:

Thanks for this statement, I am beginning to respect you .

Though we disagree on many things, I am glad you do not support this kind of violence.

Without any accusations levelled against me ( I am not here to divide Shia and Sunni ) , I can say for sure also in agreement , that 99% of worldwide violence is caused by the Western world and their Wahhabi allies , but America stands out as the greatest aggressor of modern times.

honesty is what is required to see the truth about violence and who is responsible.

i am a Muslim first of all and proud to be.i also identify myself as Shia and proudly do so.but i have never come across any of my close relatives or associates condoning violence or supporting it.also,i attend religious seminars of the Shia Muslims,and i do not hear the hatred i hear when you listen to lecture by wahhabis.why are they giving Islam a bad image and then we Muslims who are also suffering from them beheading us and blowing us up,why should we keep quiet? if we want to make the world believe Islam is peace and indeed it is in the life of every Muslim,then it is due time we disassociate ourselves from the wahhabi terrorists who are causing us pain and bad name.

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by BetaThings: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2012
olawalebabs: ^^Lagosshia, subhanallahu, i never believe you meant what you just said, it should be a typing error i guess. Calling muslims terrorist. O ja rank ara e. May Allah forgive you and all of us.

Salaaam

Are you surprised at him. Follow his posts. Lying and justifying mass murder is de rigeur in his group
My brother, read our posts - LagosShia and mine - and decipher from our style who is likely to kill without batting an eyelid
Shia is a menace that does not believe in opposing views
If you can lay your hand on a book - Extremism in Religion - read it, whatever LagosShia and his group do would not surprise you

He has taken the first step - label the person terrorist or salafi

LagosShia:

Second step is to pronounce judgement
Third step is to carry out the execution

Calling me a terrorist does not amount to anything if it comes to LagosShia
I don't expect anything different from him
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by yusuf01(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2012
I don't want us to start this shia/sunni debate on this thread, it leads to hatred and unnecessary arguments. The prophet (SAW) barred us from springing up arguments to show our depth of knowledge, Allah alone knows what is hidden in our hearts. The prophet gave us two things when he left; the Qu'ran and his sunnah, whoever is guided by these two is indeed on the right path. There was nothing like this division during the times of the prophet, so we should eschew violence with our preachings; Islam is known to be a peace loving religion, not otherwise.

As regards prayers on non-muslims, due to Islam's stance on shriku, we as muslims are not meant to pray for dead non-muslims. We can only pray for them to be guided to the straight path while they are alive, once they are dead, no prayer can be answered on them anymore because they died as mushrikun; shriku is one sin Allah vows not to forgive. An example of this is during the time of death of Abu Muttalib (the prophet's uncle). The prophet tried all he could for him to say the kallimah, but he couldn't and died. The prophet didn't pray for him afterwards, because he died a mushrik. So Islam has a huge stance on fundamentals, that is why Allah said in the Qu'ran; died not except in the state of a muslim. That is the least you can do. A muslim that sins is better than a puritan mushrik, this is the stance of Islam on matters like this.

5 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by BetaThings: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2012
LagosShia: ^

please you guys should disregard BetaThing.he is a wahhabi aka salafist.they are not true Muslims but terrorists and extremists.

what does honoring or remembering the dead have to do with performing ritual islamic prayers which are done for Muslims only? are nairalanders performing salat janaza online? salat janaza for muslims is offered in mosques and got nothing to do with online respect. what sort of nonsense is this that BetaThing came to spill before thinking? must wahhabis always issue words of intolerance to make non-muslims view Islam with suspicion?please do not mind BetaThing.he just feels like opening his wahhabi mouth to utter nonsense.salat janaza performed for dead muslims is more or less like a church service held for a dead christian.but that is uncalled for in this thread.

may Allah (swt) have mercy upon all the victims of the crash!!!

You always make your rules. I explained my position

When Allah forbade both Prophets Ibrahim (AS) and Mohammed (PBUH) from praying for their father and uncle respectively, was Allah referring to Janazzah?

You make your rules but I would not be ensnared into your misguidance by making takfeer of believers. That is your own passttime
But you know the scores
A sunni follows the injunction of not calling another muslim unbeliver without cause
In that case, one of them become an unbeliever truly
As for me
Ashadu an Laa Illaha illa Allah, wa ashadu ana Muhhammadan Abduhu wa Rasuluhu

I am reminding you of the dangers of takfeer

LagosShia:

And seriously, your calling me a kafeer does not bother me at all, you have done it to the rightly guided caliphs
You have labeled a mother of the believers an adultress (May Allah save us from that)
(and since we know that only a fornicator/adulterer marries a fornicatress/adultress what are you saying about the Prophet (PBUH), her husband?)

I advise you to abandon your misguidance and your shirk of calling on dead people

Finally, can you show me the writings of salafists where beheading of innocent people (that is without the authority of the state) is sanctioned
Do the same for Shayk Abdul Wahab
I remind you that bearing false witness is great sin
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by BetaThings: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
yusuf01: I don't want us to start this shia/sunni debate on this thread, it leads to hatred and unnecessary arguments. The prophet (SAW) barred us from springing up arguments to show our depth of knowledge, Allah alone knows what is hidden in our hearts. The prophet gave us two things when he left; the Qu'ran and his sunnah, whoever is guided by these two is indeed on the right path. There was nothing like this division during the times of the prophet, so we should eschew violence with our preachings; Islam is known to be a peace loving religion, not otherwise.

As regards prayers on non-muslims, due to Islam's stance on shriku, we as muslims are not meant to pray for dead non-muslims. We can only pray for them to be guided to the straight path while they are alive, once they are dead, no prayer can be answered on them anymore because they died as mushrikun; shriku is one sin Allah vows not to forgive. An example of this is during the time of death of Abu Muttalib (the prophet's uncle). The prophet tried all he could for him to say the kallimah, but he couldn't and died. The prophet didn't pray for him afterwards, because he died a mushrik. So Islam has a huge stance on fundamentals, that is why Allah said in the Qu'ran; died not except in the state of a muslim. That is the least you can do. A muslim that sins is better than a puritan mushrik, this is the stance of Islam on matters like this.

Salaam
I am sorry to disagree
Shias don't play by the rules - they continue to undermine sunnis while spreading their fabrication which is nothing more than hero worshipping
All they do is commemorate deaths of people. They don't pay so much emphasis on ibadat
Many Prophets died (and some violently) before the last Prophet (PBUH) came, how many did he celebrate?
Let us tell us the truth about these people causing division and misleading people into cursing righteous predecessors
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by BetaThings: 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy:

Epic fail. I'm an atheist. Got no time for fake gods that do not exist.

So why should you care if people don't to their "fake gods" on your behalf when you die?
Why should that be bigotry?
And you think you are not bigoted? It is easy to call another person bigoted while we don't see it in ourselves
Why should anybody feel that it is bigotry if he spends his entire life denigrating a university and that university does not award him a honorary degree

logicboy:

If you were born in saudi Arabia, you'd be a muslim, born in Sweden, you'd be an atheist/christian. Your madness will not allow you to see that if there is a God, he can not punish someone to hell just because of being in the wrong religion.

Alhamdu li Llah, I am a muslim
Irrespective of where people are born they can change their religion
Madness? Has it occurred to you that a single state in SW Nigeria has enough muslims to make this country ungovernable of muslims were truly bad
You can come here and talk all these because Muslims are not what you say

logicboy:

Why do I have the feeling that you would behead me if I was telling you this face to face?

You can have whatever feeling you like. Feelings and opinions are free, but they are not always correct
Notice that I am not a state executioner. So I cannot behead you and you will have to be sentenced to death first anyway even if I were
You take the view that anybody disagreeing with you is violent
Don't you also have the feeling that you are jumping to conclusions?
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by LagosShia: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2012
BetaThings:

Salaaam

Are you surprised at him. Follow his posts. Lying and justifying mass murder is de rigeur in his group
My brother, read our posts - LagosShia and mine - and decipher from our style who is likely to kill without batting an eyelid
Shia is a menace that does not believe in opposing views
If you can lay your hand on a book - Extremism in Religion - read it, whatever LagosShia and his group do would not surprise you

He has taken the first step - label the person terrorist or salafi

on Ashura,wahhabis aka salafists use suicide bombers to kill Shia.in Tunisia,Syria and Iraq,they behead Shia Muslims.in Iraq and Pakistan,they kill Shia civilians.In Nigeria,the same wahhabis like boko haram bomb churches and others who do not share their beliefs.when and where have Shia done that to others simply because the others have different beliefs?who other than wahhabis demonstrate that intolerance,sectarianism,hatred and extremism?

and this ugly slowpoke is here telling us the Shia who do not kill others and uphold the Quranic injunction of "no compulsion in religion" is here telling us that the Shia kill.in which planet are you really living in? really wahhabism is a virus!!!
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by LagosShia: 9:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
BetaThings:

When Allah forbade both Prophets Ibrahim (AS) and Mohammed (PBUH) from praying for their father and uncle respectively, was Allah referring to Janazzah?

spare us your BS.no one is here talking about prayers or praying salat janaza on non-muslims.you are the only one who brought the issue of prayer into this thread.

the problem with you is one can hardly discuss or debate ideas.one always have to hold personal arguments with you.that is so trivial of you.

You make your rules but I would not be ensnared into your misguidance by making takfeer of believers. That is your own passttime
But you know the scores
A sunni follows the injunction of not calling another muslim unbeliver without cause
In that case, one of them become an unbeliever truly
As for me
Ashadu an Laa Illaha illa Allah, wa ashadu ana Muhhammadan Abduhu wa Rasuluhu

I am reminding you of the dangers of takfeer
i am not calling you an unbeliever.all our marja-at-taqlid consider Sunnis to be Muslims as us.we look down on the wahhabis as bad Muslims because of their crimes against humanity.the Prophet Muhammad (sa) on the other hand is a mercy unto humanity as the Quran says.

but if i recall,you have called Shia unbelievers or mushrik in another thread.so are you now repentant?

And seriously, your calling me a kafeer does not bother me at all, you have done it to the rightly guided caliphs
You have labeled a mother of the believers an adultress (May Allah save us from that)
(and since we know that only a fornicator/adulterer marries a fornicatress/adultress what are you saying about the Prophet (PBUH), her husband?)
a wahhabi complains about lying while he lies!!! grin

is that how inhuman and stone-heartedly shameless you have become? for the millionth time,the Shia do not call Aisha an adultress because the Quran,the word of Allah,cleared her of that charge.our problem with her is only because she was rebellious and disobedient to the Prophet (sa) particularly when it comes to the Battle of Jamal.

as for those you refer to as your "rightly guided caliphs" (Abu Bakr,Umar and Usthman),our problem with hem again is their misguidance and disobedience unto the Prophet Muhammad's (sa) command.they were not kaffir but worse!they were munafiqeen (hypocrites).we could consider them Muslims (for their lip-service in reciting the shahada)but they were munafiqeen who showed their true colors and were evidently astray for the attrocities and crimes they committed to hurt the Ahlul-Bayt (as) of the Prophet Muhammad (sa).

I advise you to abandon your misguidance and your shirk of calling on dead people
how ironic! he asks me to stop doing "takfir" (which i did not do) against him.but we have him here doing takfir against me and calling me a muhsrik (polytheist).may Allah (swt) punish you if you do not repent.we do not call on dead people.it is too bad that wahhabis are brain-dead to understan what tawassul (intercession),a Quranic injunction,is.

Finally, can you show me the writings of salafists where beheading of innocent people (that is without the authority of the state) is sanctioned
Do the same for Shayk Abdul Wahab
I remind you that bearing false witness is great sin

so what about the link i presented of wahhabis aka salafists in tunisia beheading a Shia? what about the suicide bombing in afghanistan on Ashura day on december 6th,2011 targetting Shia Muslims?

as for your Sheikh of wahhabism,Mohammad Ibn Abdul-Wahhab,the worse attrocity he committed was the massacre against the people of Ta'if in the arabian peninsula.

the wahhabis also shortly after the death of Ibn Abdul Wahhab,attacked and ransaked the holy city of Karbala.when all these crimes and more were committed,which state or government permitted them?
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by LagosShia: 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
BetaThings:

Salaam
I am sorry to disagree
Shias don't play by the rules - they continue to undermine sunnis while spreading their fabrication which is nothing more than hero worshipping
All they do is commemorate deaths of people. They don't pay so much emphasis on ibadat
Many Prophets died (and some violently) before the last Prophet (PBUH) came, how many did he celebrate?
Let us tell us the truth about these people causing division and misleading people into cursing righteous predecessors

with every word an wahhabi utters,he exposes his ignorance.do you know that typing a response to your ignorance is ibadat?

you think ibada is only praying? and even if you think so,there is no other people than the Shia who revere Allah (swt) so much in prayers and supplications (dua).they have the most beautiful supplications they recite from Dua Kumyal by Imam Ali (as) to the Sahifah Sajjadiyyah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? / Side Turban Hijab Tutorial / Shia, Suicide Bombings And Iraan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.