Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air (11808 Views)

Status And Honour Of Mother In Islam / Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Questions On The “innocence Of Muslims”. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by flashit(f): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
drzed: All this argument and insult is uncalled for. Wetin?

Somebody started a thread in honour of Muslims that lost their lives. Clearly, this is a call to fellow believers of the religion to get together and do the spiritual things their religion demands in such times of grief and crisis.

There was no need for Christian involvement in this thread, especially of the 'we nko?' or controversial kind - unless to offer support. Islam is Islam, Christianity is Christianity. If the Muslims had gathered in a Mosque, would a Christian ask why he was not invited? What is all these rubbish? We could easily start a thread: In honour of christians who died, where we can quote all the quotable verses from Genesis to Revelation. Any muslim who goes there to insert silly comments is CLEARLY looking for trouble.

Having said that, it appears even the Muslims cannot get their act together. Common to pray for the Muslims who died in an air mishap has turned into another Shia vs. Sunni battle. Wharisalldis?

Going forward, the best thing is for the Owner of Nairaland and the moderators to do, is to BAN all threads that have religious extremism or attacking another religion. Same thing for tribal or ethnic issues. These things are simply tearing us further apart, EVEN IN TIMES OF GRIEF!

Anybody is free to go and start ShiaLand, SunniLand, BokoHaramLand, AkwhatAkwopLand, RedeemedLand, LivingfaithLand, VaticanLand and even CliffordOrjiLand. Let us keep NairaLand nuetral. In this regard, the moderators and owners of this forum have fallen short. There is freedom of expression, but freedom comes with responsibility, which many people lack, apparently. In my estimation 50% of Nairalanders cannot post anything without inserting an insult or two. It is becoming a childish playground....Your mama, your papa, Eediot, Winch, You be F0ol, etc, etc.

I am seriously going to re-consider my membership of this forum if these sorts of religious and tribal wars are allowed to carry on. I became a member to learn, to communicate, share ideas and help others who are in need - and ask for help when I am in need. Not listen to some religious or tribal extremists.

Before you know it, someone will insult me for this post.

Enough!

Tell them!
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by cowgurl: 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
Rest in peace departed ones. @Drzed, nice post!
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by drzed: 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
cowgurl: Rest in peace departed ones. @Drzed, nice post!

Thank you.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Fr0sbel: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2012
What do you expect from this section with an extremist moderator by the name of maclatunji shocked
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by ayusman16(m): 2:48pm On Jun 07, 2012
Is there a forgiveness of sins after death in Islam? If so then why do i need to be good when i can die committing sins.....

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by tboy1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2012
drzed: All this argument and insult is uncalled for. Wetin?

Somebody started a thread in honour of Muslims that lost their lives. Clearly, this is a call to fellow believers of the religion to get together and do the spiritual things their religion demands in such times of grief and crisis.

There was no need for Christian involvement in this thread, especially of the 'we nko?' or controversial kind - unless to offer support. Islam is Islam, Christianity is Christianity. If the Muslims had gathered in a Mosque, would a Christian ask why he was not invited? What is all these rubbish? We could easily start a thread: In honour of christians who died, where we can quote all the quotable verses from Genesis to Revelation. Any muslim who goes there to insert silly comments is CLEARLY looking for trouble.

Having said that, it appears even the Muslims cannot get their act together. Common to pray for the Muslims who died in an air mishap has turned into another Shia vs. Sunni battle. Wharisalldis?

Going forward, the best thing is for the Owner of Nairaland and the moderators to do, is to BAN all threads that have religious extremism or attacking another religion. Same thing for tribal or ethnic issues. These things are simply tearing us further apart, EVEN IN TIMES OF GRIEF!

Anybody is free to go and start ShiaLand, SunniLand, BokoHaramLand, AkwhatAkwopLand, RedeemedLand, LivingfaithLand, VaticanLand and even CliffordOrjiLand. Let us keep NairaLand nuetral. In this regard, the moderators and owners of this forum have fallen short. There is freedom of expression, but freedom comes with responsibility, which many people lack, apparently. In my estimation 50% of Nairalanders cannot post anything without inserting an insult or two. It is becoming a childish playground....Your mama, your papa, Eediot, Winch, You be F0ol, etc, etc.

I am seriously going to re-consider my membership of this forum if these sorts of religious and tribal wars are allowed to carry on. I became a member to learn, to communicate, share ideas and help others who are in need - and ask for help when I am in need. Not listen to some religious or tribal extremists.

Before you know it, someone will insult me for this post.

Enough!

+1

The moderators should delete all derailed post in this thread.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Ganys: 2:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
BetaThings: ^^^^^
The mourning they are talking of has to do with religious service and prayers
It is a duty imposed by islam on the entire muslim community
Muslims don't make prayers for DEAD non-muslims
This is actually why Muslims encourage whoever wants to become a muslim to do so quickly
My friend, stop saying what you dont know. It was reported that during the time of prophet Muhammad(SAW), He was in the midst of his companion when some Jew were carrying a dead Body. The prophet rose and prayed for the dead Jew, while other companion refused to stand. A companion then challeged why prophet should rise to respect a DEAD INFIDEL, but the prophet replied him that It is rewarding for any Muslim to respect and Pray for any Dead Human soul, irrespective of his/her Faith. The Companion them stood up and helped in burrying the Dead Jew.
Source: Sahih Bukhari
THANK YOU

2 Likes

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Ganys: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
Fr0sbel: What do you expect from this section with an [b]extremist [/b]moderator by the name of maclatunji shocked
And what do u expect from a foolish contributor...mtcwwwww
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Fr0sbel: 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2012
This is actually why Muslims encourage whoever wants to become a muslim to do so quickly

God forbid !!!!
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Ganys: 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2012
tiarabubu:

shocked shocked shocked

whao! we learn everyday sha.
My friend, stop saying what you dont know. It was reported that during the time of prophet Muhammad(SAW), He was in the midst of his companion when some Jew were carrying a dead Body. The prophet rose and prayed for the dead Jew, while other companion refused to stand. A companion then challeged why prophet should rise to respect a DEAD INFIDEL, but the prophet replied him that It is rewarding for any Muslim to respect and Pray for any Dead Human Soul, irrespective of his/her Faith. The Companion them stood up and helped in burrying the Dead Jew.
THANK YOU
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by emsquare(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
R.I.P
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by drzed: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ganys:
My friend, stop saying what you dont know. It was reported that during the time of prophet Muhammad(SAW), He was in the midst of his companion when some Christains were carrying a dead Body. The prophet rose and prayed for the dead christain, while other companion refused to stand. A companion then challeged why prophet should rise to respect a DEAD INFIDEL, but the prophet replied him that It is rewarding for any Muslim to respect and Pray for any Death Human being, irrespective of his/her Faith. The Companion them stood up and helped in burrying the Dead christain.
THANK YOU

Thank you for this insight.
This sort of educated commentary can lead to better understanding AND respect amongst muslims and christians.
Some people would rather fight, divide, curse, insult etc. Even among Muslims, see how an opportunity to pray for the dead has turned into a Shia vs. Sunni free-for-all. Little knowledge is dangerous. Intolerance is even more dangerous.

Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by maclatunji: 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ganys:

My friend, stop saying what you dont know. It was reported that during the time of prophet Muhammad(SAW), He was in the midst of his companion when some Christains were carrying a dead Body. The prophet rose and prayed for the dead christain, while other companion refused to stand. A companion then challeged why prophet should rise to respect a DEAD INFIDEL, but the prophet replied him that It is rewarding for any Muslim to respect and Pray for any Death Human being, irrespective of his/her Faith. The Companion them stood up and helped in burrying the Dead christain.
THANK YOU

It would actually help if you quoted the hadith so that we can see for ourselves.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by humblebee: 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
silly!!! edit topic to "prayers for muslims that lost their lives in dana crash"...

@op... u dont open thread for a particular religion
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by maclatunji: 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
Fr0sbel: What do you expect from this section with an extremist moderator by the name of maclatunji shocked

You will not kill me with laughter.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by tinnymerit(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
tongue
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by Ganys: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2012
maclatunji:

It would actually help if you quoted the hadith so that we can see for ourselves.
Here is the Original Source:
Many of us may already know this, but i read it in a book tittled; "The Prophet of Islam and the Jews by Faysal S. Burhan (Michael D. Berdine, ed. )

"Historians report that as a funeral of a Jew passed before Prophet Muhammad [peace and blessings be upon him], as a sign of respect he stood up. In doing this, he showed respect and shared in the feeling of sorrow with Jewish family and community. "Why did you stand up for a Jewish funeral?" he was asked. The Prophet replied: "Is it not a human soul?"
Source:
(Sahih Bukhari, Tradition Number 1311)
---
I hope you are satisfied now?
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by maclatunji: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ganys:
Here is the Original Source:
Many of us may already know this, but i read it in a book tittled; "The Prophet of Islam and the Jews by Faysal S. Burhan (Michael D. Berdine, ed. )

"Historians report that as a funeral of a Jew passed before Prophet Muhammad [peace and blessings be upon him], as a sign of respect he stood up. In doing this, he showed respect and shared in the feeling of sorrow with Jewish family and community. "Why did you stand up for a Jewish funeral?" he was asked. The Prophet replied: "Is it not a human soul?"
Source:
(Sahih Bukhari, Tradition Number 1311)
---
I hope you are satisfied now?

Kinda Sorta

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by adaybayor(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
logicboy:

The religion of peace or bigotry?

Take you bigotry to another post, u α̲̅ big fool
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by escobar07(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
If i may ask, what was this thread created for?
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by silibaba: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
yusuf01: Salam Aleikum
Inna lilahi wa inna ileihi rajioon; From Thee we come from and to Thee our eventual return.

May Allah grant the families of these muslims patience in this trying time. Nobody planned to lose a loved one, but like Allah said in the glorious Qur'an; all souls shall taste death.

But such times as this comes some innovative (bi'diah) ways of morning our dead, and this is mostly among unlearned muslims. Islam - as perfect as it is - has recommended guided ways to mourn our dead; we are allowed to pray for them. The prophet (SAW) said the best thing we can ever give our dead is our prayer, because they need it a lot. As muslims, we should stop attaching superstitious beliefs to what has just happened - it is unislamic. People have been saying all sorts, and its unfortunate that some muslims are also passing such informations across (especially via BB broadcast). Remember when an eclipse occurred when the prophet's son died (I can't remember the name now; maybe Ibrahim or Qasim), people said it was as a result of the death of the prophet's son. He came out to tell them that eclipses are one of the signs of Allah and not as a result of someone's death.

As muslims, we are a guided ummah, let's not follow the steps of the unguided ones. An example of what I've been seeing on my BBM; muslims displaying black images (and candles) as their DPs, these actions are not in line with what the prophet (SAW) taught us. He's our mentor, he's meant to guide us. Like Aisha (RA) said, he's Qu'ran in motion.

Once again, may Allah reward those that died in the plane crash the best of their good deeds, and may he forgive them of their shortcomings.

Salam Aleikum.

as you are mourning, pls don't forget to mourn those christians BOKO HARAM killed since 2011 till date lipsrsealed
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by MotOnyx(f): 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2012
Muslim muslim God knows d best why is the honour for Muslim victims alone why dnt you honour the whole good soul dat loss their life in the terrible crash. This is desame way Boko Harams are doing fighting,Bombing against christians Stop this attitude Honour all the innocent souls immitate the only son of God issa (Jesus christ) and the only true God.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by LagosShia: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
BetaThings:

I am ignorant of how to abuse people and curse righteous predecessors
I am ignorant of how to kill in quick time
I am ignorant of worshipping and praying the dead
I am ignorant of how to lie and keep a straight face
But please don't teach me shirk

Of course, the Shias prefer everything they falsely attribute to Ali (RA) to what the Prophet (PBUH) handed down
To you that is the best form of worship, not the recommendations of the Prophet (PBUH)
Carry on with that misguidance

you keep making accusations even when you can bring no evidence to back up your claims.i have show you the attrocities wahhabis have perpetrated.i also keep telling you that the bad image of terrorism given to Muslims is thanks to wahhabism-from alqaeda to boko haram to all those crazy salafist groups.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by LagosShia: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
maclatunji:

I decided to allow all sides to express themselves here but seriously Lagosshia, you need to slow down on whatever it is you are consuming that is making you lose all decorum and please don't try and educate me on anything here. I know the history and I also know that Islam is not based on the ideologies that you seek to propagate. At best, they are political shenanigans. Yes we get the picture, the Saudi government isn't "all that" but you need to mind your language and moderate your talk.

Oga,

please respect yourself and the title given to you as a moderator in an Islamic section.you do not need to sugarcoat anything here or take sides in a tactical way.you got someone there who accused other Muslims of Shirk (polytheism) because we are Shia.and all you could say is to "calm me".in Islam,i hope you know that shirk is a worse sin than killing.

i am not here defending any ideology.i do not even see myself supporting any ideology.Shia Islam is revealing what the Prophet (sa) and his Ahlul-Bayt (as) taught,which is pure Islam free from jahiliyyah arabian culture and terror.if you want to impress us with english grammar and voculabulary to declare yourself a scholar or someone who know history,you should think twice.you have instances where the Prophet Muhammad's (sa) orders which in turn are God's commands disbeyed and turned down by tyrants revered today as "companions",as if that is a merit.and other companions who are trustworthy (and the Shia hold in high regards) are looked down upon or their actions concealed to save the image of those tyrants that held power.and all you come here to tell us is that these are "shenanigans".shena kini? did that not affect the way Muslims think,behave,believe and practice Islam?we are an ummah of over 1400 years with a Shia-Sunni division that is almost as long as that period.and that is "shenanigans"?

abeg,you have portrayed yourself to a larger extent as someone everyone could look up to and trust inspite of our previous arguments and debates.do not allow emotions or sentiments cloud your sense of judgement.do not point finger at only one party when the other party is throwing accusations of shirk!!!
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by abankula: 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
May Almighty Allah forgive the dead of their sins and overlook their shortcomings and make aljanat their final abode.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by yusuf01(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
Sincerely, I opened this thread to remind us the duties imposed on us by Islam on our dead muslims, not to start another shia/sunni 'war'. I want to implore all muslims here on this thread to remember what the prophet (SAW) said as regards argument; a house in the middle of jannah is for a person who refuses to be lured into argument even when he's right. You can't pass information through argument, but can win souls with your humility. We as muslims are not meant to label a fellow muslim a kafir or munafik, because according to the prophet (SAW); Humans judges physically, but Allaah scans through hearts. We should be concerned about how well we perform our ibadats (are we sure it is being accepted by Allaah?) If we are concerned with this, I believe we won't have time to argue who is on the right path or not. We should remember that the prophet (SAW) warned us about Islam being divided into 73 sects and the only sect that will be admitted to jannah is the one that follows the Qu'ran and the Sunnah. Ask yourself; are you following these two? If we are so much engrossed with following authentic sunnah, we won't have the time to argue which does nothing but divides Islam.

May Allaah guides us. Ma sallam

1 Like

Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by seguun(m): 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ganys:
My friend, stop saying what you dont know. It was reported that during the time of prophet Muhammad(SAW), He was in the midst of his companion when some Jew were carrying a dead Body. The prophet rose and prayed for the dead Jew, while other companion refused to stand. A companion then challeged why prophet should rise to respect a DEAD INFIDEL, but the prophet replied him that It is rewarding for any Muslim to respect and Pray for any Dead Human soul, irrespective of his/her Faith. The Companion them stood up and helped in burrying the Dead Jew.
THANK YOU
Are you sure he prayed for the jew?, I was thinking he only stood up to honour him...could you please post the exact hadith?
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by seguun(m): 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2012
Oh sorry! I have seen where you quoted the hadith...but I think there is a difference between "he stood up to honour him" and "he prayed for him" don't you think so?
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by basadenet: 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2012
We should endeavor not to trivialize this issue, because i see no reason where a sane person would be posting something as delicate as this. Are those people involved not Nigerian? so why singled out the Muslims? and why not pray for every soul involved in the crash? God is watching, so be careful.
Re: In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air by yusuf01(m): 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
basadenet: We should endeavor not to trivialize this issue, because i see no reason where a sane person would be posting something as delicate as this. Are those people involved not Nigerian? so why singled out the Muslims? and why not pray for every soul involved in the crash? God is watching, so be careful.

Well, I posted this thread on a 'muslim forum' department, so as far as I'm concerned, I am meant to be talking to muslims. I wasn't the one that took it to the front page which I believe drew people of different beliefs to it. I was trying to correct the manners of which muslims were mourning which is not in correlation to the tenets of Islam. Never did I had the intention of making this thread a battlefield, it was a sincere intention on my part.

As regards you asking whether a sane person could do what I did; I have two responses. 1) I as a muslim should stand by my beliefs, and other muslims are my brothers irrespective of race and 2) you - and 99 percent of nairalanders - should be careful with the use of words. There are better ways you can relay your message without being profane.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For How Long Can Husband And Wife Live Separately In Islam? / Shia, Suicide Bombings And Iraan / Side Turban Hijab Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.