Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) (31985 Views)

Port Harcourt International Airport Remodelling 90% Complete(pictures) / What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project / Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
While others are progressing, the others are still using tribal hate to reason

People there is your president if you want to live as a human being in Nigeria

If una like vote for Jona again or even worse vote for Ameachi Rotimi, Na una wahala be that

Insha Allah constant electricity. continue using tribal sentiment while u morgage your childrens future

You would only live to regret it. !!!! Fact !!!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
freshmoney: Wow, an outstanding project! God bless Lagos State. God bless Nigeria! You can't just be WRONG with ACN.

I don't know about ACN, but Fashola, yes I support
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by mbulela: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
there is nothing complete about that building nor the project as a whole.
That grainy pic up there is very deceptive.
why not take a pictures of different stretches of the Orile road and let us see how far from complete the project is?
I actually have my doubts if this project will be completed in another 24 months based on the pace of work.
Another issue is that Orile road project. infact up to mile 2. the road is half complete and even the completed part have been destroyed by blocked drainage (by the traders and passers by). Orile road is a proof that govt is not our only problem. The followers are as bad.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2012
wen u get 2orile, u gonna love wat u see. Lovly design. Bt my prblm is dat,d construction company handling it,is very slow. B4 dey get 2badagry,dat will b lyk 2024 ;Dwen u get 2orile, u gonna love wat u see. Lovly design. Bt my prblm is dat,d construction company handling it,is very slow. B4 dey get 2badagry,dat will b lyk 2024.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by omakay(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
CyberG: This cannot be true! You mean a Rail station was started and completed by a state government while the federal government taking the most money and lead by the crying, clueless, dull-brain Daftluck Jonsatan is yet to achieve anything except BH, corruption, subsidy probes, renaming institutions built by the labour of others while it has not fulfilled its many useless promises?

It is an ECOWAS project. Lagos State is benefiting because it serves as gateway to other West African Countries.....
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by SisiKill1: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
Lmao @ I know what I am talking about because my sister is an architect

What is this. . .learning by Osmosis? Abi is it Knowledge through Bloodlines??!

In that case, lemme quickly call all the schools my siblings attended and demand my own certificate in the various fields they graduated in. cheesy

All sorts of Orisirisi on NL, I tell ya!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
omakay:

It is an ECOWAS project. Lagos State is benefiting because it serves as gateway to other West African Countries.....

No it is not an ecowas project, Please show us a link that it is an ecowas project because I know for a fact that Fashola tried to woe Britain and Eocwas just 2 months ago thus within 2 month how did they get involved

explain thanks
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2012
Danka7777:

What business does an architect has with "Structural Soundness" of a structure? You should be talking about a structural engineer. Some Nigerians are invariably ignorant and what pains me is that they say this smugly thinking they are right! If you aren't sure of something, shut the Bleep up! I have no doubt people of your type will go and hire an architect to build a house for you and two yrs later, the house has collapsed killing innocent lives.

For the young man that said her sister is an architect, what does that statement mean? What are you trying to say? The fact that your sister has a son, doesn't mean it's your son. Same goes with her profession.

Now, as a structural engineer, by principle of structural analysis, which can be done without being present at the site, it appears to me from the picture that the structure has a substantial amount of columns to support the load/floor above it. In other words, if you analyze the structure in terms of tributary area of load being supported by each column, I am convinced that the gravity loads (live and dead) are distributed uniformly and safely. Now, as to the quality of the materials used and compliance to IBC and ASCE building codes and standards, these cannot be determined without being present at the site.

Structural engineer
3 years + experience with ENCON, Denver, CO.

Lol,

Did your structural analysis, take into account the porous nature of Lagos soil,the constant vibration the building will be subjected to because of the daily train traffic and the fact that thousands of people will be going in and out of that building daily?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by jason123: 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
Beaf: I do not see any access for disabled people. There should at least be a ramp or lift.

This is the best comment here!

Nice one Lagos state!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by SisiKill1: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
omakay:

Whatever it is. . .it is being done and that's all that matters.

Sheesh!!!!

By the way, is Lagos the only gateway to other West African Countries?!!

Yeah. . .that's what I thought.

2 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by jason123: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
omakay:

You are very funny! Anyway, prove it or forever shut it!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
Lagos Light Rail is a light rail system being developed in Lagos, Nigeria. The system (the first modern rail-based public transport in Sub-Saharan Africa outside of South Africa) is being sponsored by the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) and is envisioned to consist eventually of seven lines.[1] The railway equipment including electric power, signalling, rolling stock, and fare collection equipment will be provided by the private sector under a Concession Contract. LAMATA is responsible for policy direction, regulation, and infrastructure for the network.[2] The concessionaire will generate its own dedicated electricity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Light_Rail

http://www.lamata-ng.com/rail_services.html

A lot of people just say what they like

some are saying Ecowas while others are saying Mr president. Rubbish

PDP got nothing to do with this

I can't recall any extenal party getting involved in this project.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by jason123: 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Whatever it is. . .it is being done and that's all that matters.

Sheesh!!!!

By the way, is Lagos the only gateway to other West African Countries?!!

Yeah. . .that's what I thought.

You dey mind am?! Na only Lagos be gateway to other WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES! Funny stuffs
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Henley96: 3:56pm On Jun 05, 2012
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by omakay(m): 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2012
GboyegaD: OP,
What about the tracks? That is the most important and not the stations. How far have they gone with the tracks knowing they have less than one year because the project at inception said it was going to be for four years. Kindly give feedback on this please.
The tracks have not being laid at all. Moreover, the whole project is just 20 percent complete (Far From Average). So all this unnecessary jubilation should stop........
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by KamiLara: 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
nateevs:
Wow! Amazing stuff. I particularly love the external cladding employed.
It's easier and cheaper to maintain in the long run and it gives it the sparkling, shiny look.

I hope it also well illuminated at nights.

You mean like this southwark council library

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2012
omakay:
The tracks have not being laid at all. Moreover, the whole project is just 20 percent complete (Far From Average). So all this unnecessary jubilation should stop........

do you see any jubilation here ??

Encouraging is different from Jubilation, there are no smiley faces neither are there high tempo excitment

We are encouraging the governor. [size=14pt]Moreover please verify your claim that suggest it is an Ecowas project

because it seems like Ecowas Loves Lagos so much that it decided to build a monorail light which is only meant for intra state travel (within the state) to serve West Africa. LOL ridiculous [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by KamiLara: 4:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa: I don't like the design, it doesn't look structurally sound. undecided

What you going to say about this then (i.e. another southwark council library)

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2012
^^^^^^^^

Thank you

sometimes you have to shake your head for some of the posters on Nairaland.

very pessimistic set of people
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by nairalady(f): 4:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
nice project..keep it up BRF

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
KamiLara:

What you going to say about this then (i.e. another southwark council library)

I have been in that building and I think it's ok. mind you, it not a rail station (with tens of thousand capacity)and it is not in lagos.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by jason123: 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa has an understandable reason to be pessimistic about the building. I see no wrong in it!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by jason123: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
Mr Omakay. wetin happen? Una no fit prove am?! cheesy wink
Mehn, how can the WHOLE WEST AFRICAN love lagos so so much that they (west africa including Accra in Ghana etc) decided to build a railway to serve JUST Lagos state?!

Some crazy statements you hear/see on NL! SMH
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
jason123: Arosa has an understandable reason to be pessimistic about the building. I see no wrong in it!

Thanks Jason123.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by jason123: 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

Thanks Jason123.

Bro, I am not an architect or structural engineer but I clearly see what you were talking about it. Lagos is a coastal state and the vibration from the trains can cause "liquefaction" (where the sand compresses to the bottom) and that can cause an uneven distribution of weight.

You make sense guy!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
jason123:

Bro, I am not an architect or structural engineer but I clearly see what you were talking about it. Lagos is a coastal state and the vibration from the trains can cause "liquefaction" (where the sand compresses to the bottom) and that can cause an uneven distribution of weight.

You make sense guy!

SMH so you know you are not an architect or structural engineer and you think those factors would not have been taken into acocunt ?

SMH

2 Likes

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Chanchit: 4:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
Evil Brain: It's not really complete. The rail lines haven't been laid, the railings, electrical work, plumbing, etc aren't done. I passed by there a few days ago and was able to get a close look. The basic structure is finished, but it is far from ready for use.

That's not to take anything away from the LSG though. Good job.
Tnk u o, my brother, cos i passed this same orile abt 2wks ago and there is still alot to be done, its not my job, bt if they ask me, i would say it should be ready by december, when i saw this post, i tot messiah, or gennie must have passed there....
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by saydfact(m): 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
[size=18pt]all i see is a building where is the rail..... like a car without engine.........[/size]
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by WhoIGoAsk: 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
Nice
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by jason123: 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
alj harem:

SMH so you know you are not an architect or structural engineer and you think those factors would not have been taken into acocunt ?

SMH

What I am saying is that he has a point.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2012
alj harem:

SMH

If they had taking it into account the design would have looked different from that.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by WhoIGoAsk: 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2012
say-d-fact:
[size=18pt]all i see is a building where is the rail..... like a car without engine.........[/size]

The post talks about the Rail Stations, not the rails or trains

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo And Her Son At Hanan Buhari's Photo Exhibition In Abuja / Orji Kalu, Okorocha, Other Members Of S’East APC NASS Caucus Meet (Photos) / Buhari, Aisha Depart Abuja Days To APC Presidential Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.