Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) (31986 Views)

Port Harcourt International Airport Remodelling 90% Complete(pictures) / What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project / Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa: I don't like the design, it doesn't look structurally sound. undecided
Me too! Very third-worldish! Like a hat! Chinese without sense of aesthetic designs!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by SisiKill1: 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2012
jason123: Arosa has an understandable reason to be pessimistic about the building. I see no wrong in it!

If his conclusions were based on the fact that he has actually being in the building, walked the length and breadth of it and measured every inch it with the critical eyes that belong only to people with experience in such matters and found the structure lacking then yes. . .indeed he has an understandable reason to be pessimistic.

His "My sister is an architect" and a long time ago,I walked past a technical drawing class and looking at a one sided picture taken from a moving car does not a reasonable conclusion make.

I'm sorry but there is nothing understandably reasonable about his pessimism. Matter of fact, if we want to call a spade what it really is, we can safely say his post is the epitome of illogical reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

If his conclusions were based on the fact that he has actually being in the building, walked the length and breadth of it and measured every inch it with the critical eyes that belong only to people with experience in such matters and found the structure lacking then yes. . .indeed he has an understandable reason to be pessimistic.

His "My sister is an architect" and a long time ago,I walked past a technical drawing class and looking at a one sided picture taken from a moving car does not a reasonable conclusion make.

I'm sorry but there is nothing understandably reasonable about his pessimism. Matter of fact, if we want to call a spade what it really is, we can safely say his post is the epitome of illogical reasoning.

The bold part tells you are clueless on what I am talking about. So I will not argue with you.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by SisiKill1: 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

The bold part tells you are clueless on what I am talking about. So I will not argue with you.

You mean how cluless you are?

You don't hafta tell us. . .we already know!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 4:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

You mean how cluless you are?

You don't hafta tell us. . .we already know!! cheesy cheesy

Time will tell. Just like peeps were telling Dana air about their planes. we shall see. grin grin grin
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Beaf: 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
^
Dude, you are way off line arguing about the structural integrity of the building. You can't tell such things simply by looking.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
Beaf: ^
Dude, you are way off line arguing about the structural integrity of the building. You can't tell such things simply by looking.

In this case you can.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by olajay5: 5:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

You know i live in the Uk right? I am only drawing attention to your perfect safety regulations put in place for you peeps. have fun in your perfect rail station.

What is the big deal if you live in the UK? Is that the reason why you are wishing your fellow human being death? Are there no accidents and all other sorts of crime in the UK too? Brother get a life and stop behaving as though you live in heaven.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
olajay5:

What is the big deal if you live in the UK? Is that the reason why you are wishing your fellow human being death? Are there no accidents and all other sorts of crime in the UK too? Brother get a life and stop behaving as though you live in heaven.

So you think it's better I keep my mouth shut right. cos I am not wishing anybody death. it's the contrary i wish for.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2012
@ Arosa I would not say keep your mouth shut, but you come across as a pessimist thus people are reacting strongly to it.

@ Jason

You are talking of liquifaction, I just did a quick read on it and from what I understood, the pillars of the build is rising the main building up. is that not the same thing they do when you want to prevent "liquification" but using pillars to hold the building to the bed rock ?

@ all4naija

SMH, that is another reason why Nigeria is still in this quagmare, although I would have prefered a better buildin design but heck it gets the job done. chekena
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by malc619(m): 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

So you think it's better I keep my mouth shut right. cos I am not wishing anybody death. it's the contrary i wish for.

Beaf: ^
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by johnie: 5:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
[size=14pt]How would the physically challenged access the station?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Gbawe: 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

In this case you can.

Guy, give it up. If anything, and going by pictorial evidence alone, the building actually looks structurally sound because we can directly see several pillars. We can infer that several of those pillars, at the very least, would likely be load bearing with thicker/reinforced iron rods. If you ask your Architect sister, she will tell you that the design of the building (superstructure supported by columns) makes it difficult for structural corner-cutting.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Pukkah: 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2012
xavier3g: That Aboki in the last picture looks like he is already planning to bomb, see how he is looking at it angry angry angry

How did you KNOW that he is an 'aboki'? What has that got to do with bombing? What an insensitive statement to make. You better don't become paranoid about issues.

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by nateevs(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2012
Arosa:

Man please just give it up already. I thought you'll be gone.
You don't have any point. No even one.
Simply because you cannot tell what is structurally sound from a picture just like I said.
To continue to bark on is further proof you do not know what you are saying.

Do you think the load bearing columns are sitting on loose soil?
Are you privy to info about the piling work done before overground construction.
If not don't know this, you cannot even bat an eye-lid. Rest abeg.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by nateevs(m): 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
KamiLara:

You mean like this southwark council library

Yes bros! You catch my drift.
Good illumination bring out the beauty in the cladding.

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Pukkah: 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
all4naija: Me too! Very third-worldish! Like a hat! Chinese without sense of aesthetic designs!

The aesthetic of a building has little or nothing to do with its structural soundness. Get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
Pukkah:

How did you KNOW that he is an 'aboki'? What has that got to do with bombing? What an insensitive statement to make. You better don't become paranoid about issues.

I endorse this post !!!

Nigerians can be funny at times
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
Pukkah:

The aesthetic of a building has little or nothing to do with its structural soundness. Get your facts right.

Again another endorsement !!!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by tonididdy(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2012
alj harem:

SMH so you know you are not an architect or structural engineer and you think those factors would not have been taken into acocunt ?

SMH
factors gini?...were factors not taking in place in the edo state hospital construction.what happened next?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Pukkah: 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
jason123:

Bro, I am not an architect or structural engineer but I clearly see what you were talking about it. Lagos is a coastal state and the vibration from the trains can cause "liquefaction" (where the sand compresses to the bottom) and that can cause an uneven distribution of weight.

You make sense guy!

He did not make sense as he could not prove his point. He neither stated the type of foundation used (which may have made your scenario a possibility) nor showed that the load calculation is too much for the columns and the foundation. And please note that aesthetics is out of this.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by jaybee(f): 5:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
Beaf: I do not see any access for disabled people. There should at least be a ramp or lift.

but can you see any access for able people?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 5:58pm On Jun 05, 2012
tonididdy: factors gini?...were factors not taking in place in the edo state hospital construction.what happened next?

My brother, lets pray and hope for the best. Pessimistic statement and looking at previous events would not make us move from the same spot. We have to move forward and pray to Almighty God that nothing bad happens.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by nateevs(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
Pukkah:

He did not make sense as he could not prove his point. He neither stated the type of foundation used (which may have made your scenario a possibility) nor show that the load calculation is too much for the columns and the foundation. And please note that aesthetics is out of this.

Exactly. It is not an argument about whether it is sound or not but that "by just looking" he could tell it wasn't sound.
That's first class ignorance and no one should be allowed to get away with that.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Revolva(m): 6:20pm On Jun 05, 2012
alj harem:

No it is not an ecowas project, Please show us a link that it is an ecowas project because I know for a fact that Fashola tried to woe Britain and Eocwas just 2 months ago thus within 2 month how did they get involved

explain thanks
Its an ecowas project fool what else do you wanna know abi are you a bad belle for your own nation the purpose of the projects is to meet transportation needs of nigerians and benenois even ghanaians togolese , ok bitch ask google
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Pukkah: 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2012
alj harem:

Again another endorsement !!!

Thank you jare.

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by VellyG(m): 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
LeoMax: Its WorldBank loan my brother. Always get facts before giving yourself high BP
Pls stop slaying ur president with words. As if u dint cast ur vote for him. If u were wise u wud had know his capability b4 u cast ur vote for him. U may be as daft as he is.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by manny4life(m): 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2012
Me, I did not do engineering, what I know is the language of MONEY grin grin grin What I do wanna know is how can some determine the structure strength of a bldg virtually?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2012
Revolva:
Its an ecowas project fool what else do you wanna know abi are you a bad belle for your own nation the purpose of the projects is to meet transportation needs of nigerians and benenois even ghanaians togolese , ok bitch ask google

Nothing Man no go see for this website chai !!!

Please bring out the Link to show it is an ECOWAS PROJECT and not a Lagos state project. thanks smiley
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by manny4life(m): 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
ECOWAS Project kwa? I thought Lagos Rail was supposedly PPP project? Biko, someone educate me o, let me know on what rock I stand grin grin grin
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2012
manny4life: Me, I did not do engineering, what I know is the language of MONEY grin grin grin What I do wanna know is how can some determine the structure strength of a bldg virtually?

Abi my brother, next thing we need is an interstate travel by trains. thus it removes the Airplane crush factor and also motor accident/road robbery factor.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 6:33pm On Jun 05, 2012
manny4life: ECOWAS Project kwa? I thought Lagos Rail was supposedly PPP project? Biko, someone educate me o, let me know on what rock I stand grin grin grin

Thank you o !!!

Bad belle full this site grin grin grin

I don google am 4 times now, never see were lagos light rail matches with Ecowas cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari, Aisha Depart Abuja Days To APC Presidential Primary / "Tell believeable lies," these ones won't fly - Okorocha fires Ihedioha, PDP / Ahmed Idris: EFCC Uncovers Another ₦90b ‘Fraud’ Against Accountant-General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.