Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) (31983 Views)

Port Harcourt International Airport Remodelling 90% Complete(pictures) / What Is Going On With The Lagos Light Rail Project / Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 06, 2012
What exactly am i staring at here?

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by KINGwax(m): 5:18am On Jun 06, 2012
LeoMax: Its WorldBank loan my brother. Always get facts before giving yourself high BP
what if it's a microfinance bank loan? Was it not properly utilized? Na today federal government they tell collect dt thing?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Revolva(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2012
Well what ever if its efcc ecomog or unicef or even fifa that's is involved I don't give a isshh
All am happy is there is infrastural development coming to ease our life gbam
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by djustice: 8:58am On Jun 06, 2012
alj harem:

No it is not an ecowas project, Please show us a link that it is an ecowas project because I know for a fact that Fashola tried to woe Britain and Eocwas just 2 months ago thus within 2 month how did they get involved

explain thanks

The project is funded by the World Bank, The Federal Government of Nigeria, and ECOWAS. Lagos State is just lucky to be in the right position geographically speaking, and Fashola, as is usual with ACN deceivers, is quick to jump in and claim credit for something not a penny of Lagos State funds is entering. Awon ole jati jati.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by djustice: 9:03am On Jun 06, 2012
johnie: [size=14pt]How would the physically challenged access the station?[/size]

That's one area where I fault the Federal Government on their building designs. They don't seem to acknowledge the fact of disabled people amongst us in their policies. Forget the state governments, like Lagos, especially. Those ones are a lost cause.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Rekeb: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2012
Any structural engineer who looks at the building will see that the structural design of the building is sound. Each 1st floor beam is carried by three columns which are not very far apart. You can also see the relatively short distance between each beam. Thus as a qualified structural engineer I can reasonably say this design looks adequate. The only question is whether the building is properly constructed. I have little doubt in this looking at how good other structure constructed by Lagos state in recent times. Kudos to the Lagos state government for leading the way.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 06, 2012
LeoMax: Its WorldBank loan my brother. Always get facts before giving yourself high BP

I've long refused to be drawn into Nairaland argument, but the way some of you reason is just amazing. World-Bank loan you say. At least we can see it being put to good use. What has your Federal Government achieved with its World Bank, IMF, Paris Club loans? You people will never appreciate anything good in this country. Mscheeeewwwww!!!!!
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by TheMatrix3: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
Arosa:

Lol,

Did your structural analysis, take into account the porous nature of Lagos soil,the constant vibration the building will be subjected to because of the daily train traffic and the fact that thousands of people will be going in and out of that building daily?

Hey UK boy, i think at this point you shd STFU... Lagos soil, traffic jam and people going in and out you mentioned are all covered in the engineers mention of "Live and dead load". Its better a f00l keeps queit than speak and give people evidence of his f0lly...My sister is an architect my a$$ undecided
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by blackknight1: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
Arosa:

Wake me up when the building collapses, yawn! cry
ur negativity is disgusting
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by aljharem(m): 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
djustice:

The project is funded by the World Bank, The Federal Government of Nigeria, and ECOWAS. Lagos State is just lucky to be in the right position geographically speaking, and Fashola, as is usual with ACN deceivers, is quick to jump in and claim credit for something not a penny of Lagos State funds is entering. Awon ole jati jati.

bloody hell, which world bank ?

which ecowas

Provide a bloody link if not people like you should just be quite. just throwing words around without verification.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
djustice:

That's one area where I fault the Federal Government on their building designs. They don't seem to acknowledge the fact of disabled people amongst us in their policies. Forget the state governments, like Lagos, especially. Those ones are a lost cause.

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about . LASG is pushing seriously for facilities for physically challenged people

the pedestrian bridges on this project have wheelchair ramps

i work in downstream oil and gas, and lasg is requiring that we provide restroom facilities for physically challenged persons in all our future petrol stations
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Shinaayomi16(f): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2012
xavier3g: That Aboki in the last picture looks like he is already planning to bomb, see how he is looking at it angry angry angry
u wan supply him bomb?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by malc619(m): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
djustice:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by malc619(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
djustice:

You are a [size=18pt]KPORKPICE[/size]
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by malc619(m): 2:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
djustice:

You are a [size=18pt]KPORKPICE[/size]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by atuboweke(m): 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2012
Hope its not another house/hideout for those yeriba agberos, abi omolile?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by OdunetLbs: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
So someone who just spent a sememter in college...has discovered a structural flaw undetected by P.E's (Professional Engineers) in charge of d project, just by looking at d picture. It probably because d name of an enigineer has been bastardized in dis part of d world...a technician that fixes phones (not even a technologist) calls himself and engineer. U picture analysis can be compared to a layman saying, why should a plane fly...there are a lot of theories and technicalities to all these things my dear...from Navier-stokes equations for airplane to rankin, von-misses, st venant etc yield criterion for ur structures materials....
And d list goes on...

1 Like

Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by OdunetLbs: 5:01pm On Jun 06, 2012
Sorry about d typo's...I'm using d small screen of my phone.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by alpontif(m): 5:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
Odunet Lbs: So someone who just spent a sememter in college...has discovered a structural flaw undetected by P.E's (Professional Engineers) in charge of d project, just by looking at d picture. It probably because d name of an enigineer has been bastardized in dis part of d world...a technician that fixes phones (not even a technologist) calls himself and engineer. U picture analysis can be compared to a layman saying, why should a plane fly...there are a lot of theories and technicalities to all these things my dear...from Navier-stokes equations for airplane to rankin, von-misses, st venant etc yield criterion for ur structures materials....
And d list goes on...

My broda, God bless you, especially for that ''an enigineer has been bastardized in dis part of d world...a technician that fixes phones (not even a technologist) calls himself an engineer.'' part.....
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 6:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
alpontif:

My broda, God bless you, especially for that ''an enigineer has been bastardized in dis part of d world...a technician that fixes phones (not even a technologist) calls himself an engineer.'' part.....

Are you an engineer, if so have you heard of an arch shape before, why is it that most rail stations have it as part of their design, old or new ones?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by alpontif(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
Arosa:

Are you an engineer, if so have you heard of an arch shape before, why is it that most rail stations have it as part of their design, old or new ones?

Please stop making a fool of yourself.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by SisiKill1: 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Wrong!! He does not have to walk the length of the building to state the opinion that he did there.

I have never seen the leaning tower of pizza in person but looking at that leaning structure, I can tell you that it does not seem structurally sound to me and I probably would not go near it no matter what. Note, I have never walked the length of any of the floors in the building, but I can have that opinion of it.

Folks here are too desperate to find a scapegoat to pin the "PESSIMIST" tag on, that they forget even they think these thoughts from time to time, may not in this particular case.

Kobojunkie. ..you want to talk about the structural soundness of the leaning tower of Pisa? A structure that has been in existences for how many years now? Really? I mean Really?!! undecided

There is opinion based on (irrational) fear and there is opinion based on logic. I believe the former can be described as pessimism. . .but then again, that's just my opinion.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by ballol(m): 6:27am On Jun 07, 2012
Arosa:

Wake me up when the building collapses, yawn! cry

Ana gina kabarin wasu a lagos hahahahahaaaaaa.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by homerac7: 8:48am On Jun 07, 2012
grin cheesy grin grin grin

Una go woundu pesin with grade 1 "iti" for hia. Chai! Every trader wt access to internet and Google don turn professionals and experts overnight. Shuo! I bow for una o!

@ Arosa a.k.a my-sister-is-an-architect,

Nna meen, u f:ck up big time. Ur olodo analysis na small, but d bigger f-up na say u no knw when to STFU.

@Kobojunkie,

Sista mi, e ku agba. How market ma? Abeg just drop d debate, e no get point. Also leaning tower of Pisa has no problem wt d structure itself but d soil which it is sitting. Abeg do ur usual, consult Google. E ma f'ara s'ile o!

Nairaland na wah ! grin cheesy grin
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2012
alpontif:

Please stop making a fool of yourself.

Brilliant answer, It was expected. grin grin grin
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Demdem(m): 9:50am On Jun 07, 2012

And the loans the FG is currently collecting, what are they using it for? where is there own "pishure"?
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Pukkah: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2012
Arosa:

Brilliant answer, It was expected. grin grin grin

I think you're just cooling off here, with unserious comments and wicked puns. Posters should stop taking your posts seriously.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 10:26am On Jun 07, 2012
In my research into train station building I noticed that most, if not all train stations in the world have arch shapes in their designs, be it on large doors or windows. sometimes the entire structure is of arch shape.
The arch is significant because, in theory at least, it provides a structure which eliminates tensile stresses in spanning a great amount of open space. All the forces are resolved into compressive stresses. This is useful because several of the available building materials such as stone, cast iron and concrete can strongly resist compression but are very weak when tension, shear or torsional stress is applied to them. By using the arch configuration, significant spans can be achieved. This is because all the compressive forces hold it together in a state of equilibrium. This even applies to frictionless surfaces. However, one downside is that an arch pushes outward at the base, and this needs to be restrained in some way, either with heavy sides and friction or angled cuts into bedrock or similar.
This same principle holds when the force acting on the arch is not vertical such as in spanning a doorway, but horizontal, such as in arched retaining walls or dams.
Even when using concrete, where the structure may be monolithic, the principle of the arch is used so as to benefit from the concrete's strength in resisting compressive stress. Where any other form of stress is raised, it has to be resisted by carefully placed reinforcement rods or fibres.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Pukkah: 10:32am On Jun 07, 2012
all4naija: You are the one with no fact to get straight. Is there any where I said Aesthetic of the building has anything to do with the structural soundness? Dude, of a truth you lack comprehend. I only state my point while agreeing with the guy who I quoted in my comment.

The building is very ugly, that is a fact!

Why are you so quick to go into tirades? You said you agreed with the guy who you quoted, right? The guy's post and your agreement are below:

Arosa: I don't like the design, it doesn't look structurally sound. undecided

all4naija: Me too! Very third-worldish! Like a hat! Chinese without sense of aesthetic designs!

So I replied you as follows:

Pukkah:

The aesthetic of a building has little or nothing to do with its structural soundness. Get your facts right.

Where did I go wrong please? Tell me.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by Arosa(m): 10:50am On Jun 07, 2012
The aqueduct the pizza tower and all other monumental European structures were built to last a thousand years or more, thanks to the arch shaped "aesthetic" implemented in their design.
Re: Orile Light Rail Station Complete (pictures) by edoyad(m): 11:44am On Jun 07, 2012
Arosa: The aqueduct the pizza tower and all over monumental European structures were built to last a thousand years or more, thanks to the arch shaped "aesthetic" implemented in their design.

The Angular Egyptian Pyramids nko? They were designed to last 27 years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pius Odubu Escapes Assassination (Edo Deputy Governor) - Photo / Bugaje To Buhari: I Rejected Your Appointment Because My Hands Are Full / APC Re-adjusts Plan To Unleash Buhari Charm On 5 PDP States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.