Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife (17467 Views)

Ladies STOP Selecting Men, Based On Where They Work. / Six Girl's Priorities In A Guy,yes Or No? / Cute Names You Can Call Your Husband/wife/fiance/fiancee/better Half (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ifunayam(f): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2012
hmmmmm..Top priorities... this list is long sha..
well,compartibility in terms of character,outlook to life,
zeal to make something out of whatever life throws one's way.
Most of all, know that there is GOD and fear Him.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ariyebaba(m): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2012
She shld b d daughter of the most cherished wife of d fllg men: BABANGIDA,MAI DERIBE,DANGOTE,OTEDOLA,JIMOH IBRAHIM,.........excluding OBJ ;>

Birifu/ugly cheesy
Kerewacheesy
Queen's Engris,nt worop,hw far,u see.....or ngati-nagati
Generous.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayox2003: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^ Hehehe, I love a realist. Life is easier when you lower your standards and take what life throws at you. If you like it, then fine. If not, then move on until the next best thing happens (if it chooses to happen that is).
Og, I believe that humanbeings are made in their essential capacities to act and not to be acted upon. We all have choices and we can choose what we want from our lives. Manyatimes life throw punches at us but we are left to choose how we react to them.
When it comes to choosing a life partner, choose the qualities you would want to see in you partner and position yourself for such a person by working on your own character, too. Pls dont lower your standards for anything.
Do you know I can choose to date you? Lolz.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by honeric01(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2012
opposite of what i possess.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 06, 2012
I've got 5+1:
1) Financial Independence
5) Romantic
6) Funny
11) Good Listener / Advicer
19) Trust
And he must be a nerd!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by honeric01(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2012
SimonAndal: I've got 5+1:
5) Romantic
6) Funny
19) Trust
And [b]he [/b]must be a nerd!

Are you gay?

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by JojoArmani(m): 11:32am On Jun 06, 2012
Zhangkum: 1. Religiously Compatible
2. Physical Appearance
3. Family Background
4. Rich
5. Obedient
BROS abeg where u see ur own list cos de list am seeing there is no Rich, Obedient and religiously compatible. Haba! Now i know why dis bros no dey pass his Objectives for skool.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ifunayam(f): 11:39am On Jun 06, 2012
And he must be a nerd! shocked shocked Sorry, but your handle says you're male.

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 06, 2012
acidtalk: Ladies and Gentlemen, From the below list, What will you consider to be your 5 most important priorities before deciding to settle down with your partner?

2) Physical Look
3) Practising Believer
4) Family Background
5) Romantic
6) Funny
7) Patience
cool Non Drinker/Smoker
9) Extrovert /Introvert
10) Friendly / Sociable
12) Hardworking
13) Neat
14) Well Connected
15) Good Home Maker
16) Repectful
17) Very Patient
18) A Goal Getter
19) Trust
20) Generous

My choice of a wife should have atleast 60% of these quality.
1.Financial independence
2.Physical look
3.Romantic
4.Neat
5.Trust
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 06, 2012
ifunayam: And he must be a nerd! shocked shocked Sorry, but your handle says you're male.
_
I could be a sexless Gallifreyian for all you know.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 06, 2012
this is bull cost most people after this list will always get people they did not bargain for. love is unpredictable, oblivious to your feelings. you just know you love him or her when you always think or drool about the one. come back here later and you'll be surprised he didn't make up to 20% of that list and still feel so happy. that's just my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by meetmeonline: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2012
sub_zero: Wot shall it profit a lady if she posseses all doz qualities up thr n hav poor BEDMATICAL skills? Vanity Upon Vanity.

[size=13pt]Marriage demands for more than what sex could offer[/size]
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by meetmeonline: 11:59am On Jun 06, 2012
SimonAndal: I've got 5+1:
5) Romantic
6) Funny
19) Trust
And he must be a nerd!

Kindly xplain what you mean by the word "NERD"

cus I know nerds to be too unromantic

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ifunayam(f): 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
I could be a sexless Gallifreyian for all you know. You could be right you know, forgive my ignorance jor grin
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
ayox2003: Og, I believe that humanbeings are made in their essential capacities to act and not to be acted upon. We all have choices and we can choose what we want from our lives. Manyatimes life throw punches at us but we are left to choose how we react to them.
When it comes to choosing a life partner, choose the qualities you would want to see in you partner and position yourself for such a person by working on your own character, too. Pls dont lower your standards for anything.
Do you know I can choose to date you? Lolz.

I don't believe in envisioning a fairy tale partner. The one quality I ask is for someone to love/respect me for who I am. And that's about it. Simple and to the point. Do you know how many women list characters for men and dump men because they don't possess 100% of the qualities they desire? Those women remain unmarried. Then, area NL boys will run to Nairaland, complaining of spinsters and reminding them that their biological clock is ticking.

The world is not black and white, but gray. You can list qualities from here to jericho. Someone who possesses any one of those qualities is flawed just like everyone else. The question is, can you deal with those flaws?

Yes, life throws punches, but I expect punches, because such is life. Those who are in lala land, awaiting Prince Nnamdi and Princess Omotola are usually blindsided. What fate has in store for you is hardly ever what one wished for. Expect the unexpected.

You cannot choose to date me. You can wish to date me and I can then choose to reject you smiley lol.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ifunayam(f): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2012
this is bull cost most people after this list will always get people they did not bargain for. love is unpredictable, oblivious to your feelings. you just know you love him or her when you always think or drool about the one. come back here later and you'll be surprised he didn't make up to 20% of that list and still feel so happy. that's just my 2 cents

@ Joeydozzy, so very true.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by 989900: 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
) Intelligent(Didn't find that in your list, very important because it supersedes everything and a key to everything)

2) Hardworking (encompasses financial independence, a goal getter, well connected because anyone who is hardworking would have all these in mind or aspires to get them so they are all interwoven and interrelated like a maze. Infact a man who acknowledges that you encouraged his hard work would be generous too)

3) Physical look (this is obviously related to being neat as well,your man should be at least presentable. Its the way he is dressed that he would be addressed)

4) Patience (Related to good listener and adviser. You need to be attentive and composed to listen to your partner. Related to respectful as well)

5) Practicing believer not like a staunch christian but must have the fear of God. I am not a fan of spiritual fanatics). Once there is fear of God, every other blessing follows or all the other factors you listed would be added unto thee. If you can't get everything in a man, focus on getting the most important or key things that would shape, mold or establish the rest for you.

On the money.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
meetmeonline:

Kindly xplain what you mean by the word "NERD"

cus I know nerds to be too unromantic

_
'Cause I want him to be able to speak with, and understand me when I spiral off into the world of tech jargon (which I tend to do many a time).
And nerds are quite romantic. I know I am.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
honeric01:

Are you gay?
_
No shite, Sherlock! I'm a Martian experiment. Duh!
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Totoplayer20: 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2012
Practicing Believer
Very Patient
Respectful
Family Background
Generous
A Goal Getter/ Hardworking—the same
Neat
Good Home Maker
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Totoplayer20: 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
ogugua88:

I don't believe in envisioning a fairy tale partner. The one quality I ask is for someone to love/respect me for who I am. And that's about it. Simple and to the point. Do you know how many women list characters for men and dump men because they don't possess 100% of the qualities they desire? Those women remain unmarried. Then, area NL boys will run to Nairaland, complaining of spinsters and reminding them that their biological clock is ticking.

The world is not black and white, but gray. You can list qualities from here to jericho. Someone who possesses any one of those qualities is flawed just like everyone else. The question is, can you deal with those flaws?

Yes, life throws punches, but I expect punches, because such is life. Those who are in lala land, awaiting Prince Nnamdi and Princess Omotola are usually blindsided. What fate has in store for you is hardly ever what one wished for. Expect the unexpected.

You cannot choose to date me. You can wish to date me and I can then choose to reject you smiley lol.

Yes, You are Right
You can plan all things out
But faith has away of taking control
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by pendusky(m): 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
Nice thoughts. Am learning.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Oluwadare: 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
[quote author=ogugua88]

You cannot choose to date me. You can wish to date me and I can then choose to reject you smiley could this ogugua be more realist in reality believe me it takes great minds that full of ideas to actually understand you, i just think it would not take forever b4 my people learn to love reality and not other way round.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Oluwadare: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2012
ogugua88:

Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by meetmeonline: 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2012

[size=13pt]I am currently in this searching stage[/size]

I only look out for four (4) qualities from THE WOMAN before I proceed to testing if our attitudes can agree.

1. Godly: Should know the bible better than I do to teach my children and even make me a better christian to enable me make heaven. kiss

2. Healthy: [/b]No hereditary or acquired illness (that could lead to death if not managed) I may manage consistent catarrh and even help her clean the home when suffering painful periods but not such illnesses that will keep me calling the ambulance...na!na!!na!!! angry embarassed

3. [b]Brilliant:
I do not ask for a 1st class or even 2:1 graduate but you must be versatile enough to go to WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE and win like N1million without using any lifeline or could tell our asking kids where the pyramids are found in Africa. kiss wink cheesy grin

4. Young: Born later than 1-1-1989 kiss kiss kiss kiss wink

If you have or know [size=13pt]anyone with these qualities[/size] mail me on k.vs.o2012@gmail.com

Let not the #4 discourage you if you perfectly match the first three

Do not be shy...mail to me now after all, I am the one asking cool cool cool
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by ayox2003: 1:37pm On Jun 06, 2012
ogugua88:

True, but you cant just love someone forthwith. Honestly, I dont think ONE quality of love/respect is enough. Although you cant get all what u want in your partner, I think some qualities must be present. Og, love grows and some qualities must be present to sustain such growth. I'm not including beauty and wealth in the 'qualities' but basic characteristics of the person. Trust, honesty, industry, thoughtfulness are not toomuch qualities one must look for when choosing a life partner. I may sound archaic but the best relationships are those that started from friendship. Just like a pebble thrown into the pond, the circle enlarges itself till you finally accept the person for who he/she is. What if someone loves and respects me but she is from "Lazytown"? A lazy lover? I bet the love would not last a decade. Therefore, I still maintain that we choose want we want in a person we really wanna settle down with.
By the way, if you've got what I want, and I've got what u want(love/respect) why would u reject me? Lol.
Lest I forget, there is this quote I heard somewhere that I'd like to share. It says: Love is blind but marriage is will open its eye. Lol.smiley
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
acidtalk: Ladies and Gentlemen, From the below list, What will you consider to be your 5 most important priorities before deciding to settle down with your partner?

2) Physical Look
3) Practising Believer
4) Family Background
5) Romantic
6) Funny
7) Patience
cool Non Drinker/Smoker
9) Extrovert /Introvert
10) Friendly / Sociable
12) Hardworking
13) Neat
14) Well Connected
15) Good Home Maker
16) Repectful
17) Very Patient
18) A Goal Getter
19) Trust
20) Generous
u gat it all Op
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Cuddlemii: 2:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
989900:

On the money.

Can you explain what you mean?
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Cuddlemii: 2:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
mercylicious:

ur explanation of hard working is false.
barrow pushers are the highest hard workers but they are nt financially independent. There are also not well connected and most will not be in their life time. So u have to seperate them.

I don't know how to analyze your point. Are barrow pushers out of the equation? lolz. Well whatever occupation a man has or is into, realistically every human being has got to be hardworking to survive or make ends meet. No food for a lazy man or woman. Even if you don't have a million naira, let your input, actions and activities show that you would make it someday. Hard work goes for both husbands and wives. Marriage itself is hard work and you need the grace of God to survive it.
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by 989900: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Can you explain what you mean?

on the money=perfectly right
Re: Your Top 5 Priorities Before Selecting A Husband/Wife by Happytina(f): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
wink[quote author=ukpaku]mine is just base on admiration and love.[/. 70% of d above listed is ok 4 me. I believe in true luv. God fearing takes d lead [quote author=ukpaku]mine is just base on admiration and love.[/. 70% of d above listed is ok 4 me. I believe in true luv. God fearing takes d lead [quote author=ukpaku]mine is just base on admiration and love.[/. 70% of d above listed is ok 4 me. I believe in true luv. God fearing takes d lead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flaunting your partner's pictures on social media / Am In The City Where Kitty-Cat Is Cheaper Than Pure Water / My Wife Cheated On Me because I Have A Small Penis, Pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.