Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. (22642 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Dogara Seeks Senate’s Approval For Removal Of IGP / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ypzilanti: 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Ask your dad what the inside of MKO's house looks like. When he can't tell you, then come back and ask me, cos unlike you cowardly lot, I not only led and organised, but was influential enough to visit Abiola's house at Opebi on several occasions (same as Diya's). You only have a mouth on your face and little else.

Come and id!otically tell me about your "Yoruba" and "SW" like you can even follow me into Mushin. Most of you MAULAG youth are just loud cowards and pieces of shiit spitting on the gargantuan legacy a name that you can never ever equal.

You do not need to visit the house of a politician to be a supporter.

I have many posts on Nairaland supporting the man. It is due process that I am arguing about. I love MKO. Jonthan on the other hand...I do not hate, but feel he is wearing shoes that are way oversized for his capability.

I did actually visit MKO's house in Opebi after his death although that fact is of no consequence to the topic. There's a lifesize painting of a standing MKO down a hallway if I remember correctly.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ochallo: 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
Finally after all these time, i can now say that GEJ is actually a bad president,in the middle of all these crisis in Nigeria, he goes ahead to rename universities which would lead to awarding of contracts to waste money,changing a name would result in making new signpost, new flyers, new banners, new stickers, repainting and so many things . Breath of fresh stinking air.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2012
MAULAG babes and MAULAG dudes learn from here: http://www.mouau.edu.ng/
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
ypzilanti:

You do not need to visit the house of a politician to be a supporter.

I have many posts on Nairaland supporting the man. It is due process that I am arguing about. I love MKO. Jonthan on the other hand...I do not hate, but feel he is wearing shoes that are way oversized for his capability.

I did actually visit MKO's house in Opebi after his death although that fact is of no consequence to the topic. There's a lifesize painting of a standing MKO down a hallway if I remember correctly.

How many rooms are connected to the main sitting room in a straight line? Just give a number, no need for long details.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by blasterman(m): 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf is a uni dropout that's y he doesn't understand. There is hope for u though as long as u use ur no 6
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ Beaf. There will be no "University of Lagos (Amendment) Act" for the President to veto if the House of Representatives refuses the Amendment Bill. It simply dies a natural death and UNILAG remains!. The President can only refuse assent to a Bill already passed by both Chambers.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by bayulll01(m): 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2012
deejay_harry1: fcckkk yhu and go to hell...WTH......u and dis so calld gej are clueless to lyf...
dont mind the eediot jawe,with all the suport hin dey give ged the guy no sabi d eediot
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ypzilanti: 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

I'm sorry bro, but nobody can approach primitive hate-filled people to discuss anything. GEJ consulted with those who matter, the Senate. And thats that.
If ACN people want any respect, they had better change their style. Afterall, ACN is merely a mushroom, inconsequential party.

So long as GEJ has consulted with those who have the power to legalise the name, thats fine. ACN's presence in the Senate is close to zero.

Jonathan: Oga Attorney General. This people are rebelling over this name change thing,oh! Infact some undergraduates are suing federal government...ha ha ha
ha...Imagine that...a whole federal government. Jokers. They should go and read their books.

AGF: Em...Em...Oga. Those small children, I dont know who gave them that sense oh. That lawsuit looks like it will work,oh.

Jonathan: What! (choking on his palm wine)

AGF: Yes Sir. (carefully selecting his words)...You did not ask me Sir.

Jonathan: But Presidents used to do this thing before. It was no big deal.

AGF: Well Sir...It is a democracy now. Some judges will use fear and rule in your favour, but some are like that Salami guy...either they dont care, or ACN
is giving them more money than us.

Jonathan: Na wah for this president job oh!

AGF: Lets send a bill to House of Assembly before these small children embarass the government.

Jonathan: OK...do that. Where are you going? Call Beaf and tell him to slow down on Nairaland,and other internet sites oh! The guy has been praising me on
Nairaland since last week saying I have power that I did not know I did not have.

AGF: OK, Sir. I will call beaf right now.

Jonathan: (to self) ...all i ever wanted was to be a deputy governor. This job stress is too much.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by bayulll01(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

I'm simply pointing out that you people are daft, sir.
No illegality occurred, rather we have proof from as far back as 2010 that there is a process which has been followed. Scream, shout and bite all you like, MAULAG is here to stay. cool
and what will that benefit u..mr beef u the cretins of our time,u should stupidity and madnes to you other name
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ogasnow: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
Stomach GEJ's shit till 2015 and then get rid of him. Simples. What a fraud!!!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by sleek29(m): 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ beaf, I am so disappointed by your reactions as it continues to make GEJ look stupid, before this latest development, all you said was that the president owned the school, first that's some sick, militarized, third world kind of thinking, the government belongs to the people, the president represents the people, the people have to agree to the presidents' policies, I'd not its not going to be democracy any longer but an autocratic rule, admit that your boss made a mistake & aims to do things right, you are loosing the little left of your credibility by your rantings, he changed futy's name last year & didn't seek approval because nobody protested, now he tried it with overly exposed & sophisticated unilag students & alumni, they exposed his mistake, guy stop acting like your boss, admit you made a mistake. Simple!!!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
bayulll01:
and what will that benefit u..mr beef u the cretins of our time,u should stupidity and madnes to you other name

Gaddem! grin
See as dis my friend de take mouth boil yam! grin
Abeg, stop confusing yourself jare!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by extension: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2012
@NSNA
Pls thank you for that suggestion.Let us rename Nigeria to maluu.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2012
sleek29: @ beaf, I am so disappointed by your reactions as it continues to make GEJ look stupid, before this latest development, all you said was that the president owned the school, first that's some sick, militarized, third world kind of thinking, the government belongs to the people, the president represents the people, the people have to agree to the presidents' policies, I'd not its not going to be democracy any longer but an autocratic rule, admit that your boss made a mistake & aims to do things right, you are loosing the little left of your credibility by your rantings, he changed futy's name last year & didn't seek approval because nobody protested, now he tried it with overly exposed & sophisticated unilag students & alumni, they exposed his mistake, guy stop acting like your boss, admit you made a mistake. Simple!!!

Dude, am I GEJ? Do I work for GEJ? Abeg, keep the long sermons to yourself jare!

I'm giving my own personal opinions about the matter which is simply that a pack of misguided youth are spitting on the grand and selfless legacy of MKO.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by mutiply: 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
pls read back to beaf reply to maclantunji @ 4:13pm,i saw d word "WE" which he used whn sayin dat dey had proof far back as 2010 abt unilag renaming,i pause and reflect on hw pple ar,so gej pays a citizen to fight other citizens.dis is really bad,even whn we knw d truth,d idiot beaf will come to change it.am very sure dat d pic below is beaf.hw i wish i can see u someday.............

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by bolakale30(m): 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
ypzilanti:

Jonathan: Oga Attorney General. This people are rebelling over this name change thing,oh! Infact some undergraduates are suing federal government...ha ha ha
ha...Imagine that...a whole federal government. Jokers. They should go and read their books.

AGF: Em...Em...Oga. Those small children, I dont know who gave them that sense oh. That lawsuit looks like it will work,oh.

Jonathan: What! (choking on his palm wine)

AGF: Yes Sir. (carefully selecting his words)...You did not ask me Sir.

Jonathan: But Presidents used to do this thing before. It was no big deal.

AGF: Well Sir...It is a democracy now. Some judges will use fear and rule in your favour, but some are like that Salami guy...either they dont care, or ACN
is giving them more money than us.

Jonathan: Na wah for this president job oh!

AGF: Lets send a bill to House of Assembly before these small children embarass the government.

Jonathan: OK...do that. Where are you going? Call Beaf and tell him to slow down on Nairaland,and other internet sites oh! The guy has been praising me on
Nairaland since last week saying I have power that I did not know I did not have.

AGF: OK, Sir. I will call beaf right now.

Jonathan: (to self) ...all i ever wanted was to be a deputy governor. This job stress is too much.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Akainzo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Funny stuff!
Ok, lets assume your process is correct and the lower house is dumb enough to spit on MKO. This is how it will go:

1. Senate Ok's MAULAG.
2. Reps refuse.
3. President weilds veto power.
4. Case closed.

Give up,sir! All hope is lost! grin

Kai, you are such a slowpoke, demonstrating so much ignorance.

A VETO is to put a stop to what is proposed, it cannot make what is not proposed happen. So once both houses of the NA cannot pass that amendment bill, then the renaming is dead in the water. Please grab a copy of the constitution to read and learn.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by mutiply: 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
lie lie beaf,,like fada like son

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ypzilanti: 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
I want to send a bill to NLders to change Beaf's name to Mr. Follow Follow, in memory of the verse from FELA. 'Mr. Follow Follow, make you open eye'
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by chemashie(m): 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
Dgunnerz: Breaking News: UniPort to be renamed Patience Ebele Jonathan University(PEJU)!
Then Delta State University will become James Ibori University (JAMIU).......muhe muhe muhe!!!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
^
Thank you, sir.
Next! Lol!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2012
[size=36pt]Great
MAULAG!![/size]
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ypzilanti: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2012
Akainzo:

Kai, you are such a slowpoke, demonstrating so much ignorance.

A VETO is to put a stop to what is proposed, it cannot make what is not proposed happen. So once both houses of the NA cannot pass that amendment bill, then the renaming is dead in the water. Please grab a copy of the constitution to read and learn.

Thank you my brother. If you do not even understand how democracy works, what exactly did you say you were on the street fighting for during the June 12 saga. Bloody liar.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ypzilanti: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf: [size=36pt]Great
MAULAG!![/size]

Mr. Follow Follow.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
ypzilanti:

Thank you my brother. If you do not even understand how democracy works, what exactly did you say you were on the street fighting for during the June 12 saga. Bloody liar.

I fought on the streets while your family was hiding like scared chickens, bro. And I am bloody proud. cool
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by bayulll01(m): 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Are you the one going to change it back to Unilag? In case you do not know, the party of traitors, ACN has negligible presence in the Senate.
All other parties and the Nigerian public welcomes the name change to MAULAG.

It is final. cool
sometimes i wonder if your papa actualy gave birth to you,cos u are pathetic and no hope,keep living in you deluded world son of a bitch
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, am I GEJ? Do I work for GEJ? Abeg, keep the long sermons to yourself jare!

I'm giving my own personal opinions about the matter which is simply that a pack of misguided youth are spitting on the grand and selfless legacy of MKO.
non is as misguided as the one who named unilag after abiola!
abiola left a well known legacy in sports and was called the pillar of sports in africa!
why wasn't the national stadium (either lagos or abuja) named after him?
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Dgunnerz(m): 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
James Ibori University
Hehehehe!
Their main programme will be Looting and Corrupt Science!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 7:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
bayulll01:
sometimes i wonder if your papa actualy gave birth to you,cos u are pathetic and no hope,keep living in you deluded world son of a bitch

Bro, if your own papa gave birth to you, then you truly are a miracle. Lol!
No wonder some are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stup!d!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2012
torkaka:
non is as misguided as the one who named unilag after abiola!
abiola left a well known legacy in sports and was called the pillar of sports in africa!
why wasn't the national stadium (either lagos or abuja) named after him?

Abiola's greatest legacy is the democracy we are now enjoying.

But as a Cameroonian immigrant, what would you know about democracy anyway? Paul Biya has been sitting on your heads for like 30 years.
Here in Nigeria, we value our MKO.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by theplanmaker: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
D guy is still thinkin tru his ass as always he is poluting d air anywere he goes east west south north
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Wallie(m): 7:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Funny stuff!
Ok, lets assume your process is correct and the lower house is dumb enough to spit on MKO. This is how it will go:

1. Senate Ok's MAULAG.
2. Reps refuse.
3. President weilds veto power.
4. Case closed.

Give up,sir! All hope is lost! grin

Close but not totally correct.

The Senate and House of Reps can override a presidential veto if they can muster two-thirds of the votes in each of the chambers against the veto. However, in the current political climate, it will be almost impossible to get the votes needed in the Senate because of the Senate being controlled by PDP. The House might get the needed votes but the House alone cannot override a presidential veto.

This is one of the check and balances built into the constitution – supermajority (two-thirds majority).

Executive + two-thirds of Senate or House = whatever they want OR
two-thirds of Senate AND two-thirds of House = whatever they want

In the end, the name change will probably stand if the President wants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. / Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Miracle, Reiterates Nigerian Youths Are Not Lazy / Osinbajo Arrives Delta State,Heads To Gbaramatu Kingdom With Gov. Okowa(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.