Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,109 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. (22643 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn / Dogara Seeks Senate’s Approval For Removal Of IGP / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Ugosample(m): 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
Why is President Jonathan behaving this way? Why? Nigerians, if any politician tells you that he had no shoes, don't vote him o!:-) We have better things to do with money than wasting money on this name change.. He should face the subsidy scam report and the pension scam.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ubaonye: 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
Is dere a Federal University of Technology, Umudike?? Dnt fink so. Its a Univ of Agric,
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Musiwa51: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2012
I dont get it. Is Jonathan Goodluck so clueless like they say. He claim he has PHD. Michael Okpara University was rename many year ago.

Now I have a question. Is it not 419 to send a name to the senate when they have already change it many years ago. according to information on the internet Michael Okpara University was rename in 1984

My advice to Jonathan Goodluck. You think you are stuborn . Yoruba people dont forgive. Do not rename University of lagos. I am telling you the truth. award a new licence
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2012
OAM4J:

I cant believe you post this. You were much better than this, but you lost your objectivity the day you decided to follow GEJ blindly and see no wrong in him or whatever he does.

1st The Nigerian People own UNILAG and not Fed Govt. The Govt manages it with other institutions on behalf of the people. It is only right for a responsible government to carry the people along especially the key stakeholders before embarking on such matter.

Secondly only GEJ and his GEJ-cannot-do-wrong supporters will think implementation of a plan comes before approval. Even a 6yr old kid knows better. GEJ did not announce it as a plan but a decision of the FG which is illegal cos it has no approval.

Your post here is an insult to the National Assembly because it reduces them to mere rubber stamp. Too bad. Well may be NASS is just a rubber stamp because GEJ knows he only has to 'settle' them to approve whatever he says, but then that will be another evidence of a terribly corrupt government.

I'm sorry bro, but nobody can approach primitive hate-filled people to discuss anything. GEJ consulted with those who matter, the Senate. And thats that.
If ACN people want any respect, they had better change their style. Afterall, ACN is merely a mushroom, inconsequential party.

So long as GEJ has consulted with those who have the power to legalise the name, thats fine. ACN's presence in the Senate is close to zero.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by deyrock(m): 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
Dgunnerz: Breaking News: UniPort to be renamed Patience Ebele Jonathan University(PEJU)!
nawa 4 u ooo
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by deyrock(m): 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
that jonathan guy dey smoke sometin.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 5:50pm On Jun 06, 2012
nuclearboy: @Beaf:

Senate was consulted but they are only being told (officially) now? cheesy

You just keep on & on in error, sinking deeper in mire yet believing you pass muster!

Do you take official steps before consulting? Its obvious you have no clue how politics works.
You first do your background work, broadcast the action and then follow through with official sanction. Thats a free lesson for you in politics 101.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by lastpage: 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Shut the phuck up! angry
When people like me were on the streets risking our lives to fight for MKO, your type were hiding under their beds, paralysed with fear.
We faced live bullets, armoured cars and extremely powerful teargas dropped from helicopters that exploded with the sound of a bomb.
When we were patrolling and organising along the railway line (Oshodi to Iddo), along Western Avenue, Ikorodu Road etc; where were reptiles like you?

Today, you have the guts to tell me about Yoruba and the SW; and then turn around to spit on MKO. I find your type thoroughly despicable.
Abeegi, go siddon joor!
BEEF of all people?
Every Tom, Dike and Harry sef dey claim "Democracy struggle" over the internet! sad sad

Okay, show us PROOF of all you posted above.

Which University did you attend and graduate from, if any at all?

BTW: From the way you are gloating over the name change, it is very evident that you're one of those mental failures who could not attain UNILAG cut-off points in other to Qualify to be a student and eventual product of that esteemed Institution and your likes are very glad for the " Downgrade" that the change of name brings to the legacy of that institution. You are so bitter with your peers who called themselves "Akokites" and you will crawl even in the gutter to make sure that this dumb move comes to stay!
Unfortunately, even Unilag undergraduates are in the process of schooling your paymaster in the art of "use of Power".
He swallowed his vomit by going abegging at the NASS! grin

If GEJ was a product of that school, l am sure 100% he will not change the name............he does not know the value of-course!

Dont effing phuck with Akokites, we are the best of our equals! kiss kiss

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by musty1987(m): 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
I cant wait to enter MAULGA grin grin, my uni of choice. thank u JEG
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ypzilanti: 5:55pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

The only stakeholder is the Senate and they were consulted. Every other party is either a tenant or noisemaker.
MAULAG belongs to the FG, so the only stakeholders are the arms of FG. Period.

Changing your tune now? Before you said he did not need house of assembly approval. Talk true. Oya apologize for misinforming gullible NLders.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Chyz2: 5:56pm On Jun 06, 2012
Michael Okpara University already exists. WHat a big fraud! You are not immortilizing anything. Why cant this dumbo,GEJ< admit is wrong doing and just leave UNILAG as it is. SMDH!

http://www.mouau.edu.ng/
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Chyz2: 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2012
uba@_onye:
Is dere a Federal University of Technology, Umudike?? Dnt fink so. Its a Univ of Agric,

Think abt it brother. He's trying to make it seem as if he is immortilizing former regional leaders. If M.I>. Okpara has already been immortilized through a university then it defeats the purpose and reveals that jonathan is just trying to fix his screw up.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Ugosample(m): 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2012
Let all Nigerians irrespective of tribe say no to irresponsible leadership. That is the only way Nigeria can move forward. If we continue to tolerate irresponsible leaders, the future wil be very bleak.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by uzoexcel(m): 5:59pm On Jun 06, 2012
ismhab: When will he renamed University of Nigeria 2 Ojukwu Villain University.
u get stupider & dumber everyday....Bomboclack
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by maigaskiya1: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

It is evident that you come from a family of id!ots. A waste of DNA that can't even bother to read an article before venting idiocy with pride.
This is the full article (I don't expect an intellectual shrimp like you to get its full import though).

Swine.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164467:jonathan-seeks-senate-approval-to-rename-unilag-2-others&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

It will do all namecalling fools like you a lot of good to take a look at this website and learn not to act or think like animals: http://mautech.edu.ng/

MAULAG is here to stay. Die if you like.
gbam!!! Tel d hoples hypocretes.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by sgsltd1: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2012
re-name is not a big deal, somebody in future will come and rename Lagos to Logas,pleaaaase click my signature if you need the biggest breakthrough ever , just click and you are on the way to break through doooor
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by maigaskiya1: 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

It is evident that you come from a family of id!ots. A waste of DNA that can't even bother to read an article before venting idiocy with pride.
This is the full article (I don't expect an intellectual shrimp like you to get its full import though).

Swine.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164467:jonathan-seeks-senate-approval-to-rename-unilag-2-others&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

It will do all namecalling fools like you a lot of good to take a look at this website and learn not to act or think like animals: http://mautech.edu.ng/

MAULAG is here to stay. Die if you like.
gbam!!! Tel d hoples hypocretes.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by bolakale30(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
What's all this shyte about UNILAG being a property of the FG, maybe I am wrong o, abeg make una enlighten me, "in an IDEAL society abeg who are the gov't ? Democracy is a representational gov't. One retardeen cannot just wake up on the proverbial wrong side of the bird and change an institution that has been existing for over 50 years without due process. I don't think there is anytin wrong if a VOX POX has been carried out among the university community to knw their take on the issue, because they are the one the name change will affect. Greatest Akokite I remain. I weep for this country...
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by crackhouse(m): 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2012
feelamong: This retarded president ought to have been impeached if we were in a developed country!!!

I think the best thing for him now is to sack all these so called advisers around him!

Always goofing!!
him and his advisers have no clue of what the Nigerian constitution is all about. It's quite shameful how he exposed his ignorance of the Nigerian constitution and the incompetence of his advisers. I have said it before that Gej is not in-charge here. He's got people that dictate for him what to do and that's why it looks as if he's been push around.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by crackhouse(m): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
feelamong: This retarded president ought to have been impeached if we were in a developed country!!!

I think the best thing for him now is to sack all these so called advisers around him!

Always goofing!!
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ypzilanti: 6:08pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Can you claim to have fought for MKO? Or are you not just another empty mouth belonging to an empty head, spewing dishonourable crap and spitting on MKO's legacy?

I find people who trample on the legacy of our true heroes to be no more than moral tramps.

I was in secondary school. I attended his rally. Was not old enough to vote, but my family were MKO fans and my parents voted for him.

A government apologist and propogandaist like you could not have fought on the street against Abacha.

Not possible...you are not fooling anyone.

Or maybe you are one of those former radicals that now put their stomach first...like Simon Kolawole, Ruben Abati, Labran Maku... hmmn. SMH.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2012
ypzilanti:

I was in secondary school. I attended his rally. Was not old enough to vote, but my family were MKO fans and my parents voted for him.

A government apologist and propogandaist like you could not have fought on the street against Abacha.

Not possible...you are not fooling anyone.

Or maybe you are one of those former radicals that now put their stomach first...like Simon Kolawole, Ruben Abati, Labran Maku... hmmn. SMH.

Ask your dad what the inside of MKO's house looks like. When he can't tell you, then come back and ask me, cos unlike you cowardly lot, I not only led and organised, but was influential enough to visit Abiola's house at Opebi on several occasions (same as Diya's). You only have a mouth on your face and little else.

Come and id!otically tell me about your "Yoruba" and "SW" like you can even follow me into Mushin. Most of you MAULAG youth are just loud cowards and pieces of shiit spitting on the gargantuan legacy a name that you can never ever equal.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2012
lastpage:
Abeegi, go siddon joor!
BEEF of all people?
Every Tom, Dike and Harry sef dey claim "Democracy struggle" over the internet! sad sad

Okay, show us PROOF of all you posted above.

Which University did you attend and graduate from, if any at all?

BTW: From the way you are gloating over the name change, it is very evident that you're one of those mental failures who could not attain UNILAG cut-off points in other to Qualify to be a student and eventual product of that esteemed Institution and your likes are very glad for the " Downgrade" that the change of name brings to the legacy of that institution. You are so bitter with your peers who called themselves "Akokites" and you will crawl even in the gutter to make sure that this dumb move comes to stay!
Unfortunately, even Unilag undergraduates are in the process of schooling your paymaster in the art of "use of Power".
He swallowed his vomit by going abegging at the NASS! grin

If GEJ was a product of that school, l am sure 100% he will not change the name............he does not know the value of-course!

Dont effing phuck with Akokites, we are the best of our equals! kiss kiss

Lastpage!
God bless you...People have just been beefing...Just like this beaf of a cow grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
Nigeria runs a bi-cameral legislature. Any amendment to the University of Lagos Act must be approved by both chambers of the National Assembly in form of "University of Lagos(Amendment)Act". Contrary to the view of some contributors, the President requires the consent of both the Senate and the House of Representatives. The Amendment may sail through in the Senate, it will be "dead on arrival" in the House of Representatives.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by ronkebp(f): 6:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
So this is the problem Nigeria is facing now? to rename universities? i am so pissed.....
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by horlarkunle: 6:31pm On Jun 06, 2012
hi im new here
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2012
MerryPlus: Nigeria runs a bi-cameral legislature. Any amendment to the University of Lagos Act must be approved by both chambers of the National Assembly in form of "University of Lagos(Amendment)Act". Contrary to the view of some contributors, the President requires the consent of both the Senate and the House of Representatives. The Amendment may sail through in the Senate, it will be "dead on arrival" in the House of Representatives.

Funny stuff!
Ok, lets assume your process is correct and the lower house is dumb enough to spit on MKO. This is how it will go:

1. Senate Ok's MAULAG.
2. Reps refuse.
3. President weilds veto power.
4. Case closed.

Give up,sir! All hope is lost! grin
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by vanstanzy(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
I can't really claim to know much about the workings of govt, but this GEJ guy just gaffed.
Common sense requires that one seeks confirmation before taking any action, where u don't act alone, even if u can act alone. I guess sense isn't common afterall.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by Beaf: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
horlarkunle: hi im new here

Welcome to NL and hope you enjoy the rough ride.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by maclatunji: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf:

Do you take official steps before consulting? Its obvious you have no clue how politics works.
You first do your background work, broadcast the action and then follow through with official sanction. Thats a free lesson for you in politics 101.

This my people is the way PDP has ruined the little legacy we had since 1999. They break the constitution and then seek to bend it to justify their illegal actions through the use of corruption, subversion and coercion. My people, your future is being destroyed by this evil machinery, the constitution is there to guide you, resist their evil manipulations before it consumes you in the form of poor healthcare, bad roads, loose security in virtually every critical structure and of course abject poverty.
Re: GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. by uceee(m): 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
Beaf: I'm wondering what id!ot would have expected the President to put a motion on the floor of the senate before announcing the name. There are many strange types on NL indeed!

The federal govt owns the damn place and it has chosen to honour MKO.

This is the drill:

1. President announces.
2. Senate stamps approval.
3. MAULAG is born

Simples. cool
well spoken. I would expect nothing less from GEJ's right hand man. You have a rare conviction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osinbajo Arrives Delta State,Heads To Gbaramatu Kingdom With Gov. Okowa(photos) / The Truth Surrounding Governor Umahi's Rumoured Defection / Fashola: Why Pantami Annoyed Some Persons In Buhari’s Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.