Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Boyfriends That Want You To Be A Wife When They Are Not Ready To Be A Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Boyfriends That Want You To Be A Wife When They Are Not Ready To Be A Husband (712 Views)

No Lady Should Get Married If She Is Not Ready For This One Thing... / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boyfriends That Want You To Be A Wife When They Are Not Ready To Be A Husband by Nobody: 3:46am On Jun 07, 2012
Seriously I have been thinking. How would an average Nigerian man define a girlfriend and what role does he expect her to play in the relationship?

I have read of men who want:
- a girlfriend who would cook and clean for them and even entertain their visitors.
- her to be around 24/7 catering for their needs.
- her total submission to them because they claim to be the head of the relationship (does that even exist?).
- sex as if it's their right and a refusal can lead to a break up or a fight.

On the contrary, they are not ready to play their part if the demand all this and the girl does it for them.
- catering for her financial needs, including upkeep, education and business (if she is involved in one)
- unconditional love (you must love her like Christ loved the church, remember)
- taking responsibility of a possible pregnancy and being a loving father to the kid.
- being faithful to her and not toasting other babes in hidden corners.

If a man wants me to behave like a wife, he must also behave like a husband. Haba, no body be anybody mugu for this world. We are all man pikin, and we all must wack!

1 Like

Re: Boyfriends That Want You To Be A Wife When They Are Not Ready To Be A Husband by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 07, 2012
this is only a problem for women who dont seem to have very low standards. I know girls who tell you straight up - if "no sex" is a problem to you then find another girl.
Re: Boyfriends That Want You To Be A Wife When They Are Not Ready To Be A Husband by tashanja(m): 5:34am On Jun 07, 2012
@OP:
In other words the girl should be guaranteed financial security, unconditional love, and fidelity; while the guy should in return expect sex and housekeeping only but not necessarily love and faithfulness.......hmmmmnn - sometimes you wonder why they should complain after they keep selling themselves short as ashewo/gold diggers.
Re: Boyfriends That Want You To Be A Wife When They Are Not Ready To Be A Husband by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2012
tashanja: @OP:
In other words the girl should be guaranteed financial security, unconditional love, and fidelity; while the guy should in return expect sex and housekeeping only but not necessarily love and faithfulness.......hmmmmnn - sometimes you wonder why they should complain after they keep selling themselves short as ashewo/gold diggers.

Are you saying married women are whores? undecided

davidylan: this is only a problem for women who dont seem to have very low standards. I know girls who tell you straight up - if "no sex" is a problem to you then find another girl.

Girls can have as much sex as they want if their boyfriends, but they are not obligated to. If the man makes demands that are usually expected of a wife, then he should be ready to act like a husband.

No ring on my finger, yet you want to enjoy all my qualities. Nor be so o. angry
Re: Boyfriends That Want You To Be A Wife When They Are Not Ready To Be A Husband by Latty88(f): 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
OP no mind dem o esp our Nigerian guys
Re: Boyfriends That Want You To Be A Wife When They Are Not Ready To Be A Husband by OK2NV3: 12:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
OP; well said

(1) (Reply)

How Would You React If Another Guy Called Your Boyfriend An I-D-IOT? / What We Hide To Do Indoors Always Ends Up Showing Up Outdoors! / Nigerian Girls Are Underrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.