Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,764 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Court Quashes Marriage Over Genotype - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Court Quashes Marriage Over Genotype (574 Views)

Getting Over Genotype In Your Relationship / When Did You Ask For Your Lover's Genotype? / Does Genotype Really Matters In Courtship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Quashes Marriage Over Genotype by jidsoon(m): 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2012
A Nigerian customary court in the town of Ikorodu, Lagos State on Thursday dissolved a five-year-old marriage between Tunde and Ronke Oluwadiya for having the same genotype, AS.

The Court’s President, Mrs Remilekun Adesanya, who granted the divorce, said that all efforts to reconcile the couple proved abortive.

Adesanya said that the status quo of the only child, staying with the mother, should remain, pending the final decision of the Family Court.

She directed the husband to pay N4,000 monthly for the feeding of the child and also pay the medical and educational allowances of the child.

Tunde, 32, a factory assistant, had earlier sued his wife for allegedly deserting the home because both of them have the same genotype.

Ronke, who is also 32 years and a business woman, accepted the claims of her husband, and urged the court to separate them.

“My husband lied to me that his genotype was AA, but I later discovered that he was AS, while I am also AS.

“Luckily for us we had a child that is AA. I don’t want him again because I don’t want to have a child with the genotype SS,” she said.
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/06/07/court-quashes-marriage-over-genotype/

(1) (Reply)

Fashion And Art Exhbition Coming Up December 8th 2012 / Top 10 Lies Women Tell Men... / Hook Ups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.