Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Men Learn From My Mistakes - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Learn From My Mistakes (13253 Views)

6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. / 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. / My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by P406: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
is this in anyway connected with debrief? just asking.

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2012
Warfibabe: please say something nice or shut it!. . . Abi he kill person? (even at that sef!). The lord is looking for lost sheep to gather to his fold, and here is someone that is asking for his way back. . So who are you to judge if God will punish him or not?. @ Op. All is well. . . I wish u speedy recovery.

It's obvious u lack the mental capacity to comprehend simple grammar. How do u live with urself? Smh*

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Warfibabe(f): 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
fluid26:

It's obvious u lack the mental capacity to comprehend simple grammar. How do u live with urself? Smh*
i am sure you are asking yourself that already you ratfaced nama!. . . How can u call ur self a christian and go about Telling people that their sins will not go unpunished? . . Are u God?. . I am sure that somewhere in that rat-eaten bible of yours, you were told to preach about God's love at all times.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by babyme1(f): 7:02pm On Jun 10, 2012
Sounds like Debriefs' ex husband. I wish u a speedy recovery
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
Warfibabe: i am sure you are asking yourself that already you ratfaced nama!. . . How can u call ur self a christian and go about Telling people that their sins will not go unpunished? . . Are u God?. . I am sure in that rat-eaten bible of yours, you were told to preach about God's love at all times.

I do not wish to join issues with u, search out Proverbs 11:21. Before u do, pray to God to grant u the Grace to understand the verse.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
Liver problem, not possible to overcome brother, I have lost 2 family members to it. All I can say is, we will all die, take heart, nothing to lose, you lived your life and we will be here and will join you when our time comes.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Daresh(f): 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Did you not realise the things you were doing were bad when you did them?
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Jun 11, 2012
Hmmmmmm
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 11, 2012
Daresh: Did you not realise the things you were doing were bad when you did them?

Very helpful statement there. Oozing with wisdom angry

I take it you have never "just done" things before that you knew you weren't supposed to be doing.
Even now I bet you, there are things you are doing that you know you are not supposed to be doing

2 Likes

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by buchibabe: 4:46am On Jun 11, 2012
I know God will definitely heAl u. Dis is just a wake up call and to make u know that nothing goes for nothing. U can't eat ur cake n have it. U cat be mean and heartless to those who show u love and expect d law of karma not to respond.
Anyway its good u realized how bad u hv lived ur life and decide to turn around. Mayb if not for dis sickness,u would neva have repented.
Pls when u com out of dis predicament,embrace God and be a completely changed man. Meanwhile where's d devil of a father who lured u into all dis
Never heard of a father dat introduced his son to extramarital affair n tins dat can destroy his life.his downfall is goin to be dramatic. I'm happy ur wife is happier now.she's even an angel to still look back n assist u
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by ronkebp(f): 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
When i read this post last night, i could not sleep, i could not just get the image off my mind of how everything went wrong from the beginning....This is really sad, i am sad about the whole thing, with regards to your ex-wife, mother and even your life. It is just painful.

But i am glad that you have realised your mistakes and are paying a very costly price for what you have done. There is no point dwelling on the things of the past, if you had the power, i know you would have turned back the hands of time to make things right again, You longed for the love of a man that never had love in him to give, what he had to give was what he has given you [destruction] am sorry if that sounds toO harsh....but i did not know another word for what he has done to you.

Your mum will always forgive you, she loves you and will always be there, You ex-wife is a rare-gem, how many women will take you back??, despite all what you did to her, am happy for her that she has finally gotten the life and marraige she wanted in another man.

Just forgive yourself for everything you have done in the past, we all committ one sin another, especially against our own bodies, know that, God forgives all, no matter how grievious or costly the mistakes ARE.And i know HE is willing to give anyone a second chance, no matter how impossible it may seem. Give yourself rest and be rest assured that you have been forgiven by all{your mum and ex-wife), if there are other people you need to reach out to, please feel free to. I also believe if healing is what you really desire and have faith that God in His infinite Mercies CAN heal you, then you will receive it, do not despair. If a second Chance is what you really desire, God in His Mercies would give it to you.

Remove every bitterness and sadness, look to the future and imagine how you want it to be, and live in the moment with the people you love and who love you in-return. It is WELL!!!!!.

3 Likes

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by 2mch(m): 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2012
What goes up must come down. This is Debriefs story. So i guess this is the EX. Well welcome to NL. Good to know you have learned albeit a little late. But God is in the business of doing miracles. I hope it is something a donor can fix. As long as your EX and mother can truly truly forgive you, then you can only pray that you get through this trying time and live a life worth living. Life is not all about fast cars, and vanity. All that should be done in your youth. When you get married, be ready to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by tasandra: 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
my dear,thnx 4 tellin ur story...i pray God,4give all ur sin..and grant u long life.and may God also 4give ur dad..he s just a careless fada..its beta 41,to be fadaless than,av his kind 4 a fada undecidedsee what he has don to u embarassedcan u 4 once,focus on hw to get well 4 ur mum,ex,and the rest of ur family...and stop thinkin of that high way to the grave called ur fada

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by twinkle1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
had never been this touched on Nairaland before. am very happy for U been alive to share this with us. lemme drop my 2cents -- if u feel bad from now till eternity.. u cannot change/influence your past.. please try to read psalm 51 ..God's arms are widely open for you.. this is a new chapter in ur life, a brand new you.. the world is waiting to learn from u..please try to share this to as many as possible.. the world needs to see this.. u are healed in Jesus's name.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
afdman: You sound like the husband of a member here, can't remember her Id now, but these sound like the things done to her. Op I don't know what to say to you, but forgive yourself and God forgives you. Where is your dad now?
from his story, he sounds like debrief's husband.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Built2last: 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hey bro, there is no amount of mistakes you have made that the mercy of God can not overide. God is not looking for saints or perfect people. His specialty is in imperfect people and you are on His list.The worst corner the devil can push you to now is to make you feel that its too late to live or that God can not forgive you.He is not like humans that can abandon you when you most need them. All God desires now from you should go beyond remorse. Ask Him for mercy and be serious about it. It won't cost Him(GOD) purse heaven and earth to heal you. i taught my uncle will die in 1983 but he is still alive till today. flown to everywhere you can imagine but to no available.someone came and preached Jesus to him at the hospital bed. 3 days later another person walked in and told us that God wants to give my uncle a second chance. He made a prayer that never exceeded 2 minutes and my uncle sneazed. He is neither a pastor nor a bishop. He just told us that he was on his way home from church and passing the hospital gate when he had a voice say to him go to ward 212 and pray for the patient. He obeyed and till today my uncle will be 60 on october 10th this year.No one can convince me otherwise that anything is impossible with God.the bottom line is that you can still leave. There is no impossibility before our God. He created us all and has our spare parts in his bank. Wish you God's mercy and healing.

6 Likes

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by dayokanu(m): 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
2mch: What goes up must come down. This is Debriefs story. So i guess this is the EX. Well welcome to NL. Good to know you have learned albeit a little late. But God is in the business of doing miracles. I hope it is something a donor can fix. As long as your EX and mother can truly truly forgive you, then you can only pray that you get through this trying time and live a life worth living. Life is not all about fast cars, and vanity. All that should be done in your youth. When you get married, be ready to grow up.

Think debrief is a lawyer while this one is a Nurse. Could be wrong though
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by moremi2008(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu:

I think it's Debrief's ex too. What an awful tragedy.

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by maclatunji: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu:

Unless this story has been doctored. This is not debrief's ex-husband although the stories are similar. Debrief had a child with her ex, OP here doesn't have children. OP, sorry O. Like you have said, young men should be responsible, not for anybody else but themselves.

May God cure you of your ailment.

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by ronkebp(f): 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Unless this story has been doctored. This is not debrief's ex-husband although the stories are similar. Debrief had a child with her ex, OP here doesn't have children. OP, sorry O. Like you have said, young men should be responsible, not for anybody else but themselves.

She was pregnant with the second, couple of months ago, she must have put to bed....since we are not seeing much of her online anylonger..
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by 2mch(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
maclatunji:

Wrong, Debrief story states she never was able to get pregnant with her ex, who was the problem. But she was humiliated by him and called barren. So this is her story. smiley
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Phrankin(m): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2012
Everybody will realize their mistakes when death stares them in the face. So what's special about your case?

2 Likes

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Phrankin(m): 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2012
So how do you want us to help you now? BUUUUL SHIIIT.

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by taryour(f): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2012
2mch:

Wrong, Debrief story states she never was able to get pregnant with her ex, who was the problem. But she was humiliated by him and called barren. So this is her story. smiley

2mch are u sure? I cant even seem to find debrief story again,can u pls show d link,wana compare d stories..
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by mspookie: 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2012
Pray! i cant promise u LIFE, but God can, God loves u. Since u have realised your mistakes and ready to turn a new leaf, though u might not have the opportunity and can never turn back the hands of time, let the people that have sincerely cared know u r truly sorry.

P.S: SUICIDE isnt an OPTION
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by bolseas(f): 2:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
@Taryour,

just go to her profile and look at her posts from 2011. for instance she said that when she divorced the ex, she refused to accept the properties he gave her and the Op's story coroborate that. also she couldnt get pregnant for the ex cos he had low sperm count. there are a lot of similarities between the two stories. even the mother of the ex's story is similar.

@ OP, it is really unfortunate but you are still lucky because you have an oppurtunity to make peace with God and the people you hurt.

wishing you quick recovery.

@Debrief, if you are the lady in question, you are a good woman and your husband is very wonderful man. please update us on the progress of this man as we put him in our prayers.

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by greatgod2012(f): 12:59am On Jun 14, 2012
bennyraz: i'm touched by your story. God will surely help you. Amen. where's the mod now abeg u guys should make this frontpage!!!
u spoke my mind.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by adamse(f): 1:46am On Jun 14, 2012
Mehnn..dis story is really touching..sad..its really nice of you to share it..God has forgiven u,its time for u to give ur life to him..he is patiently waiting..it is well! you are healed ijn.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by 2goodbobo(m): 11:53am On Jun 14, 2012
Your story is a pure indication that the rich also cry. I will not castigate you for treating your mother and x wife badly because you already know your mistake. My prayer is that soon you will come out here with a different story about your health. I strongly believe you will not die. God in his infinite mercy will see you through. I will be praying for you bro!
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by canuck(m): 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2012
The story was addressed to men, but several men who have responded thus far are doing what we men do best - Trying to figure stuff out ("Is it Debrief's hubby?" or "Liver problem is incurable", etc).

On the contrary, it is female posters who appear rattled and some lost sleep after reading this story.

Men! Men!! Men!!! Take off your macho exterior and do a sober reflection o. . .I am going to ponder on this for a while.

6 Likes

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by ayox2003: 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2012
Men and Money!!!
We are not saint here too. I have made terrible mistakes in this my young life and I know what the consequences were. Please pray to God about it. Open your heart to your Maker. I believe he will restore you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? / Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives / 'my Life As A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.