Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Men Learn From My Mistakes - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Learn From My Mistakes (13252 Views)

6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. / 20 Costly Mistakes That Married Men Make. / My Life,my Mistakes,not Your Business...really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by NgHotGirls: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2021
RIP Op. May your gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by VlamesIffect(f): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2021
NgHotGirls:
RIP Op. May your gentle soul rest in peace

Who told you he is dead?

Na you kill am

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by LadySarah: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2021
There is a woke generation of men averse to this ;the redpilled boys .

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Lostchild(m): 3:37am On Jun 28, 2021
Beloved3:

The ex-wife (debrief) confirmed his story is real. She was a very popular nairalander and many people knew her story back then.

Ok

May God help manj3 over his wrong choice
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Klass99(f): 9:25am On Jun 29, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 29, 2021
Klass99:

I remember Debrief and her story like it was yesterday. Her situation was my first exposure to domestic violence in marriages.

I recall reading this thread too when it was first created. Now, I wonder where all the players in this matter are today. Did the OP make it? If yes, how is he living his life today? Did he eventually die? So many questions......

Debrief's story has always stayed with me, I wish she would pop in to just say hello and provide a brief update. Why did you deactivate? Your story was a heart breaking one but also helpful in teaching me valuable life lessons.

@ Debrief, please holla if you're still on these streets and let me know how you're doing. Expect questions about your ex too if you ever show face grin

To be honest you brought me into that story when I went back on the timeline of your posts. I felt very emotional reading the story that I had to bump it. Perhaps the lad didn't eventually make it and Debrief deactivated to prevent being asked questions, nobody knows.

Your posts are an eye opener grin grin grin
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Klass99(f): 11:16am On Jun 29, 2021
smiley
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 29, 2021
Klass99:

An eye opener to what?

She may have deactivated because some people started using her story to troll and abuse her.

I hope he made it and got a second chance to amend his ways, though.
@ the bolded, I seriously hope so too.

Eye opener - They are full of life lessons. I was having a chat with a friend yesterday who had issues with the siblings. Coincidentally I had just read a line from an old post of yours that parents should not use their older children to train the younger, because the younger ones get spoilt but the older ones retain the discipline from the parents. That sometimes happens when parents birth up to four children and they grow weak in catering to them in detail, then they commit the younger ones into the hands of the older. A serious lesson there, which I did not hesitate to chip in to my friend as that appeared to be the exact situation with the siblings.

So there, hopefully I can cover all 36 pages of your posts. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Magnoliaa(f): 6:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
Eya.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Magnoliaa(f): 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
So some of you pipu haff tay, sha.

Maybe debrief and her ex are reincarnated monickers as well.

It is well.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Klass99(f): 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2021
smiley
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
Klass99:

Abeg ehn, it is not that after reading my posts you'll start trolling me and insisting I am a feminist or one in the making like you did with another user to the point of opening a peace and reconciliation thread after you people's e-fight.

Hahaha you crack me up.
Nothing of such, don't worry. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Klass99(f): 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Magnoliaa(f): 7:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
Klass99:

Abeg ehn, it is not that after reading my posts you'll start trolling me and insisting I am a feminist or one in the making like you did with another user to the point of opening a peace and reconciliation thread after you people's e-fight.

Lmao. So you know and followed. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Klass99(f): 7:56pm On Jun 29, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Magnoliaa(f): 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
Klass99:

Lol, I didn't follow him o! In fact we are not following each other just quoting and stumbling on each other's posts.

But I checked his Nairaland history to get a feel of him and know what he's like, when I discovered his peace keeping mission grin

You know nairaland people nah, all it takes to be labeled a feminist is a difference of opinion and a mind of your own.

Yeah yeah, bruh Belo is a pis—sorry, piec—I mean peace lover. He's an amicable person, Christlike and relates well with others as Christ did. smiley
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
Who resurrected this old thread?
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by lilvicky68(m): 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
Hmmm.. story never end.. abi na to help the OP complete am?
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Magnoliaa(f): 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Ishilove:
Who resurrected this old thread?

Mediator Beloved, Mummy. cheesy Na hin I just dey hail now.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Ishilove: 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Mediator Beloved, Mummy. cheesy Na hin I just dey hail now.
cheesy
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Magnoliaa(f): 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
lilvicky68:
Hmmm.. story never end.. abi na to help the OP complete am?

Yess. Shey you say you get experience? You fit use your imagination help them complete am, lmao. You kuku like to dey paint unrealistic situations before so.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by NoToPile: 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2021
Two domestic violence stories in this section that have always made me wonder - Debrief and another moniker ( she's still active here)
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Klass99(f): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2021
smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by pocohantas(f): 4:30am On Jun 30, 2021
My ex wife who even though just recently had a baby is my primary care giver, her kind hearted husband allowed her move me into their guest house, My mum is also her with us, these two women i treated like trash are now the ones here with me.

Nothing surprising and new in this storyline. When men are young and with some money, they think they are gods. That is when they will be locking their wives out of the house at night.

They forget that water wey hot go cold. Keep up with that lifestyle and you will definitely get sick. Not forgetting that you guys are most times older. When they now fall sick, they immediately come back to the VIRTUOUS WIFE. It would be her job to cook vegetable soup and nurse them back to good health. All the girls they practiced “men are polygamous” with, would be long gone.

Na why when I see some women wey leave their husband go stay with their pikin, I no dey too put mouth. If he didn’t sacrifice his youth for you, I wonder why you should be saddled with him when he is old. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by cassyrooy(m): 5:15am On Jun 30, 2021
pocohantas:

Nothing surprising and new in this storyline. When men are young and with some money, they think they are gods. That is when they will be locking their wives out of the house at night.

They forget that water wey hot go cold. Keep up with that lifestyle and you will definitely get sick. Not forgetting that you guys are most times older. When they now fall sick, they immediately come back to the VIRTUOUS WIFE. It would be her job to cook vegetable soup and nurse them back to good health. All the girls they practiced “men are polygamous with”, would be long gone.

Na why when I see some women wey leave their husband go stay with their pikin, I no dey too put mouth. If he didn’t sacrifice his youth for you, I wonder why you should be saddled with him when he is old. undecided
Kaptain be calming down now, biko.

We all make mistakes, sometimes the mistakes are too enormous to cancel out whatever good we might have to offer those who love us.

Please, men are not perfect.

I read through this story for the first time now and when the woman whom was directly affected by this man's acts confirmed it, stating his recovery and all, I knew somehow, we just don't know what hit us until it happens.

Lemme let you in on my own personal life, by age 8 I had almost died from getting drunk on beer, I had followed some adults drinking beer from a depot outside my then family house to enjoy myself in one corner, and before you know it, I had lost consciousness, my sister’s voice was the only thing that I remembered vividly to this point.

But stupid me went back in my 200-300level break for yet another spin and I fell ill but no sister in far away Ibadan (didn't go home) could nurse me or cry whilst begging me to not leave her again.

I swore off alcohol or whatever since that day.

Was it women? Smoking? Though I didn't indulge in those to know how bad it were, I grew up in a messed up town to see where such had led many to.

The truth is, a lot of us without that father figure from much earlier in life are highly still impressionable when we find one remotely close to that image no matter where we have reached in life. And some men just want to get lost on their own irrespective of the presence or absence of those who control us.

Men are sometimes delusional and wanderlustful and it can easily ruin many of us.

Na make we dey use sense think of the past, and also, look towards the future.

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by pocohantas(f): 5:19am On Jun 30, 2021
cassyrooy:
Kaptain be calming down now, biko.

We all make mistakes, sometimes the mistakes are too enormous to cancel out whatever good we might have to offer those who love us.

Doesn’t take anything off my post. wink
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by cassyrooy(m): 5:21am On Jun 30, 2021
pocohantas:

Doesn’t take anything off my post. wink
Ait Kaptain.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by pocohantas(f): 7:36am On Jun 30, 2021
cassyrooy:
Ait Kaptain.

Nah. Proud member of Team-submissive- women. You are the captain… smiley

1 Like

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 30, 2021
Sad. So, if he didn't come down with that ailment, he won't realize his wicked ways.

I don't understand how someone will change just because he hit it big or became a millionaire. Maybe that is why some people are and will not be rich because of this kind of things.

I hope he made it.

2 Likes

Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by ibechris(m): 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
It was your father who led u astray and mind u,anyone at your age and the kind of money u had may likely fall prey to such a life because of the influence of your father.

Never the less,ask God for forgiveness and keep hope alive.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by cassyrooy(m): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2021
pocohantas:

Nah. Proud member of Team-submissive- women. You are the captain… smiley
Okay o. No more arguments.

Me na Cap? Hmm! Okay o.
Re: Men Learn From My Mistakes by jantman(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2021
Beloved3:

Permission to type denied.
Return to base. Alpha!

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? / Handling The Issue of Giving Financial Support To Relatives / 'my Life As A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.