Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? (14064 Views)

Patience Jonathan Crying While Mourning Bayelsa Women That Died In Accident(pic) / Photos From Emir Sanusi's Coronation (LIVE !!!) / Sanusi's Coronation Postponed For Security Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by ismhab(m): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
A dead person is dead, no body can return him back to the universe, or do u mean we should spend all the year mourning, "ana bikin duniya ake na lahira."
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
manny4life:

Biko, stop calling aviation minister, to each his own.

The topic isn't about the aviation minister but about SLS, when we get to that bridge, we'll cross it. After all, you did not see the aviation minister traveling to Europe for shopping. This is a grieving period, and if people don't know what/how/when to do things, don't even do it at all.

Daalu, now did anyone go to Europe to shop ? (cause I am not aware of Sanusi or anyone doing that)

I also want to ask, why should we not bring the aviation minister to question, after all it is her sector /
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:24pm On Jun 09, 2012
ismhab: A dead person is dead, no body can return him back to the universe, or do u mean we should spend all the year mourning, "ana bikin duniya ake na lahira."

danuwana ne, it is a bit insensitive on his part. When Boko haram attacked Kano ko, he donated money to the victims.

He has not made a consoling speech on the event yet. That is wrong
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2012
engineerd:

Learn how to make your point once and move on! And no i am not Hausa, but they are my brothers!

Thank you ! Egbon
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
manny4life:

Well, me thought you was supporting his actions, well, from other posters, it's obvious what SLS should've done and obviously there's no solution to this one. He has shown that ceremony is more important to him now rather than closure.

Although I think we should wait a few more days to see how thing unfold. Just a suggestion.
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by manny4life(m): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
alj harem:

Daalu, now did anyone go to Europe to shop ? (cause I am not aware of Sanusi or anyone doing that)

I also want to ask, why should we not bring the aviation minister to question, after all it is her sector /

Bia alj harem,

Me, I'm not saying no one shouldn't accuse her, in fact, sentiments aside, just like DAM (petroleum minister), I've strongly critiqued her practice and have called for her resignation if she participated directly or indirectly neglected the oversight of the airline. What me I'm saying is, this is SLS thread, open one for Aviation minister, and we'll meet you there.

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
manny4life:

Bia alj harem,

Me, I'm not saying no one shouldn't accuse her, in fact, sentiments aside, just like DAM (petroleum minister), I've strongly critiqued her practice and have called for her resignation if she participated directly or indirectly neglected the oversight of the airline. What me I'm saying is, this is SLS thread, open one for Aviation minister, and we'll meet you there.

Ok my brother, I would let it go
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
careytommy: The show must go on! undecided

Abi! No be Naija we dey talk of again. . . . Oga must have his show ooo!
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by silibaba: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
so inhuman lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by odedele: 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
how do u xpect a BH 2 value human live

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by erayo2GCA(m): 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2012
boko harem no dey value human life na..

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by debco(m): 10:42pm On Jun 09, 2012
I would not say he should'nt go for the title bt @ least postpone the date to honor the dead. Definitely,invitations must have been distributed...so he just needs to make a public announcement of postponement with reason. If it was his own biological blood am sure it won't take place. Shekin
engineerd:

Stupidity at the highest level....How many aboki's have you met in your life? oloriburuku!
engineerd:

Stupidity at the highest level....How many aboki's have you met in your life? oloriburuku!
ah
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Akainzo(m): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2012
aspabay: Irony of our Leaders: While the bodies of eight CBN staff who were on their way to Lagos for a conference are yet to be identified or are still in the morgue,the Central Bank of Nigeria Govenor Lamido Sanusi went ahead with his elaborate turbaning by the Emir Ado Bayero of Kano this morning as the Danmajen Kano.

Not only was Lamido turbaned this morning, but his friends and associates took several pages in the national dailies to sing his praises and congratulate him on the 'honour' done to him. IRONY OF LEADERSHIP: Height of insensitivity

Yes, he could have postponed the ceremony, however, and that is a very big however, there is nothing wrong in what he has done!

The President declared 3 days of national mourning, that covered Monday through Wednesday, the turbaning took place when? Was it during the mourning period or was it after? Since it is after, he has done no wrong.

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
@al harem

It's insensitive because he could have simply delayed the process, to the understanding of the traditional rulers.

Are the traditional rulers meant to coronate him not Nigerians?

If I were in Sanusi's shoes, I would simply delay the process, and explain my reasons to the traditional rulers, who will understand my actions and share my empathy.

My fellow staff were burnt beyond recognition, and I'm off to Kano for a title?

That is gross insensitivity at the highest level.

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
obo_man: @al harem

It's insensitive because he could have simply delayed the process, to the understanding of the traditional rulers.

Are the traditional rulers meant to coronate him not Nigerians?

If I were in Sanusi's shoes, I would simply delay the process, and explain my reasons to the traditional rulers, who will understand my actions and share my empathy.

My fellow staff were burnt beyond recognition, and I'm off to Kano for a title?

That is gross insensitivity at the highest level.

I do support your comment.
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by sadyeek(m): 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
[size=16pt]the OP is obviously a hater!!

This ceremony has nothing to do with CBN. Except for the fact that is of their leader, apart from that its a private event, in a way if I may say.

This ceremony is for sanusi as a an important person, dignitory. But not as CBN gov.
[/size]
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Akainzo(m): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
ola_pluto: Would the ceremony have gone ahead if Sanusi was involved in the crash? Would it have gone ahead if Sanusi's children had perished in it? Would it have gone ahead if the Governor of Kano state had perished in it? To me, the ceremony is the height of insensitivity.

Would you have gone ahead with your wedding if the mum of your bride perished? I guess not.
But would you have gone ahead with your wedding if some of your bride's cousin had died? Now you are mulling, so it is not as straight forward as 'ABC'.

Many times, we have to make decisions that are tough and no matter what, personal tragedies cannot, and should not, be compared to shared tragedies.

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2012
sadyeek: the OP is obviously a hater!!

This ceremony has nothing to do with CBN. Except for the fact that is of their leader, apart from that its a private event, in a way if I may say.

This ceremony is for sanusi as a an important person, dignitory. But not as CBN gov.

That does not change him from being governor of CBN /

It is simply insensitive
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
Akainzo:

Yes, he could have postponed the ceremony, however, and that is a very big however, there is nothing wrong in what he has done!

The President declared 3 days of national mourning, that covered Monday through Wednesday, the turbaning took place when? Was it during the mourning period or was it after? Since it is after, he has done no wrong.

What do you mean enough? You work in the same company with some colleagues and barely a week after they were burnt beyond recognition in a plane crash, you went to your village to be crowned?

Yes, showing sensitivity wont bring them back but it shows you a true leader and a man of honour.

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by naijaking1: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]the OP is obviously a hater!!

[/size]

You simply don't understand the issue under discussion
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
Abokis dont value human life.simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aljharem(m): 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2012
chima12: Abokis dont value human life.simple as ABC.

Sharrap dia, why not discuss about Sanusi alone. Why add Aboki it it ?

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
chima12: Abokis dont value human life.simple as ABC.

I want to believe you are just trolling. Are Aboki's not Nigerians? The last i checked, the Whites say Nigerians don't value lives and are corrupt to the bone. Yet we classify such conclusions as ignorant and common to people with low IQ's. So what does that say of your post?

1 Like

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by folahann(m): 11:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
The height of rubbish from how leaders is scary. How i wished an empty plane crash into the ceremony, so that he knows how it feels

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by aspabay(m): 11:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
All I wished SLS to have done is to show empathy and postpone the ceremony at least as a mark of respect. Mourning for 1 year won't bring the deceased staff back just as the traditional title will not add anything to SLS beyond his hometown. Mind you he must have been making arrangement for this ceremony all week, i.e the deaths meant nothing to him.
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
folahann: The height of rubbish from how leaders is scary. How i wished an empty plane crash into the ceremony, so that he knows how it feels

As someone rightfully pointed out earlier, there was a three day mourning for the victims of the plane crash, he did not have is darn coronation at that time did he? Now if he had suffered a personal loss, I am sure he would have given more time to mourn...but it's his prerogative. Le him "Coronation street" all he wants!
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by nitlad: 11:09pm On Jun 09, 2012
I'm not the one tew say whether SLS was right or wrong for him tew av gone ahead with his turbanning ceremony considering the tragedy of the past weekend. But let's face it SLS didn't cover himself in glory with the timing of the ceremony. And yes it is the height of insesitivity!
Also the Emir could have done better too methinks.

2 Likes

Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by 080ictcom(f): 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
grin funny
Re: SANUSI Coronation: Is CBN Not Mourning It's Staff? by kween01: 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
Alh harem, i'm so suprised you are asking dis kind of question, you claim you are nt suporting Sanusi, is celebration meant to follow accident let alone d fatal accident dat claimd many lives, sure you won't ask such questn if u had close relationship with one of those staffs that died.
Sanusi is something else, honestly I dont knw how he is reasoning bt sure there's no justifcation for this, it's absord

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Chairmanship: Northern Leaders, Elders Meet / Over 15m Nigerians Searching For Job, FG Confesses / Akpabio: APC Accuses Mike Igini Of Bias, Petitions Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.