Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Marital R.ape - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marital R.ape (4782 Views)

‘I Killed Our 3-day-old Baby To Cover Up Pre-marital Sex’ / R ape In Brazillian Big Brother House! / I Present To You The Funniest Attempted r-ape Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2012
Shollypopz:
Yes! except it's completely lucid.
Proof: Fake smile usually involves only the mouth, not the eyes. The appearance of a genuine smile, involves specific changes in the eyes in addition to the mouth (notably a crinkling of "crow's feet" and a downturn of the outer points of the eyes). It is called a Duchenne smile, after the neurologist Guillaume Duchenne. Back in 1862 he identified the facial muscles involved in smiling. (Don't hv time to go into details; you can read about it)
2.) Do recent occurrence display cogent reason to be happy?
Have you ever been betrayed by someone close to you? Did you know you were going to be betrayed?
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2012
^^agh! how many questions do i have to answer to prove my point? If we all argue on feelings, then everybody would be right!
I don't remember ever being betrayed(not by my power); i believe in not expecting much from people so you don't get disappointed!
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2012
Shollypopz:
Yes! except it's completely lucid.
Proof: Fake smile usually involves only the mouth, not the eyes. The appearance of a genuine smile, involves specific changes in the eyes in addition to the mouth (notably a crinkling of "crow's feet" and a downturn of the outer points of the eyes). It is called a Duchenne smile, after the neurologist Guillaume Duchenne. Back in 1862 he identified the facial muscles involved in smiling. (Don't hv time to go into details; you can read about it)
2.) Do recent occurrence display cogent reason to be happy?

Do you know that the recent occurrence making you sad, is making someone else happy?

You do not need a proof for everything. No one can argue with only facts and statistics without bringing in feelings. Can you dispute that the facts and statistics you are using to back your argument were recorded from someone's feelings?

If i drill ten holes on a stool, sit on it and then release a fart, can you prove which of the ten holes it escaped from?
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2012
Shollypopz: ^^agh! how many do i have to answer to prove my point? If we all argue on feelings, then everybody would be right!
I don't remember ever being betrayed(not by my power); i believe in not expecting much from people so you don't get disappointed!
If you have not been betrayed, and i look at you and tell you i have been betrayed, can you prove if I'm lying or not, since you have never felt betrayal?
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 11, 2012
You cannot prove everything. I'm free to argue anyway i deem fit. . .cool
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2012
sexkillz: If you have not been betrayed, and i look at you and tell you i have been betrayed, can you prove if I'm lying or not, since you have never felt betrayal?
Jeez! you look for signs Mr:
1.) Lack of Alignment
2.) Body language
3.) Avoiding direct answers
4.) Fake smiles
5.) Sweating
6.) Skepticism
I hope i don't have to tell you it's not 100% effective. Btw, the polygraph is an effective method of detecting a liar though not available to everyone.
Do you know that the recent occurrence making you sad, is making someone else happy?
What are you aiming at?? How does this disprove the fact that detecting a non genuine smile is possible??!!
Can you dispute that the facts and statistics you are using to back your argument were recorded from someone's feelings?
Yes, i can but i'm too lazy. Read about it! It was a research on human behavior.
If i drill ten holes on a stool, sit on it and then release a fart, can you prove which of the ten holes it escaped from?
It's gas. It probably escaped from the ten holes. Diffusion dammit! My field is Computer science and Accounting, so i can be wrong! But i'm sure it can be proven!

Besides, we are derailing the thread! There are a good amount of countries where marital r.ape is still legal. Unlike you, i find this topic very important! (Btw, i'm not allowed to talk to you; do not want your boo on my a*ss)
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
Shollypopz:
I hope i don't have to tell you it's not 100% effective.

Btw, the polygraph is an effective method of detecting a liar though not available to everyone.

Yes, i can but i'm too lazy.

It probably escaped from the ten holes.

so i can be wrong! But i'm sure it can be proven!
These phrases made by you dear, further proves that not everything can be proven.
If you are sure of your stuff, you don't use phrases like that. It's a known fact that water can exist in solid, liquid and gaseous states and in proving those states of existence of water, phrases like those you made above were none existent. . .

It's either you prove it or not. . . There are no "buts" or "maybes" or "probably"

oh, and in proving which hole my fart escaped from, it did not escape from any of the 10 holes. . . It escaped from my arse.hole! wink

Now if 10 different people release farts of different smells, can you prove which arsehole is culpable for individual smells, as in can you pinpoint? Can you prove it?

Less i forget to ask, can the polygraph be beaten, or not?
Re: Marital R.ape by ijebabe: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
A husband who rap[i]e[/i]s his wife is wicked and should be punished (unfortunately that's not the case).
If a woman is not in the mood for s[i]e[/i]x, the husband should respect her and let it go. Are the husbands so incapable of control that they have to resort to rap[i]e[/i], someone you claim you love?
The topic is not talking about a woman who continuosly denies her husband s[i]e[/i]x because that is a separate issue that the couple should address to sort out their differences. Some women withold s[i]e[/i]x to punish their husband which I do not approve of but still not a good enough reason to rap[i]e[/i] her. So what happens after the act is done, does the husband feel happy? SMH.
A rap[i]i[/i]st is a rap[i]i[/i]st regardless of his/her marital status.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
@sexkillz:

What a cheap way to attempt to win a discourse, take my words out of context! It's ok!
Well, whether everything can be proven or not, emotion/feeling is not an acceptable contention in proving your point.
oh, and in proving which hole my fart escaped from, it did not escape from any of the 10 holes. . . It escaped from my arse.hole!

lmao....u are so lame! cheat!
Yep, you can be trained to beat the polygraph test.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
Shollypopz:
What a cheap way to win a discourse, take my words out of context! It's ok!
Well, whether everything can be proven or not, emotion/feeling is not an acceptable contention in proving your point.

cheesy
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
Op, from the moment your wife says she doesn't want to you need to accept it, then you can talk to know why or push her to have intimate relations but slowly but never olbiged her to do so. It can sounds crazy for some brothers but that's the way it is, never force anyone to sleep with you
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 12:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
In a marriage, how do you define consent, when marriage itself allows bleeping between the partners?

How can you proved it without physical assault, and when it isn't a continuous thing?

This marital rape bs is inconclusive depending on the interpretation of the law, and it will be stupid to jail someone for a crime that's inconclusive.

If you don't want to have sex in a marriage, stay unmarried, or get a divorce and move out of the house.
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Only in a jungle like Nigeria would anyone assume that just because the "court" (which court?) sees no wrong in a case, means that there's nothing wrong. It's all about how the case is presented. There's a reason why they call lawyers liars.

In a jungle like Nigeria, it's okay for a man to forcefully perform sex on a woman without given consent, just because she's his wife. How does a wedding ring turn "No" to "Yes"? Why should it?

We're in the 21st century, all you simply need to do is Google "man raping wife" and you'll see a ton load of those cases you'll see that there "has been".

It goes both ways woman!

How about women who ask their husbands for sex all the time, when he's interested in the act.

Isn't that 'marital rape' if we go by your definition?

We've to define marriage, and define rape; and look the interpretation of both terms by the law.

It's inconclusive, hence, why most people don't get prosecuted for it.
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
This answers the question:

In the United Kingdom, such a category of rape was only recognized by a 1991 House of Lords decision known simply as R v R (1991 All ER 481). While most parties agreed with the House of Lords' motive in making the decision, there were many (for instance the writer Patricia Hirst in her Textbook on A-Level law)[citation needed] who were of the opinion that the decision involved post facto criminalization, since the House of Lords were imprisoning spouses for doing what was once, according to the law, their right.

The second problem arises on what can be called a procedural level. While the law in theory may hold no distinction between a spouse or any other person, in practice when the case comes to court there will be difficulties in proving that rape in fact took place. This is because in marriage, sexual relations are to be expected, and if the defense claims consent, then the evidential burden is a very difficult burden for the prosecution to discharge.

The bolded parts answered the question.
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
And since sex is legally, religiously, and spiritually(lol) allowed in marriage; and ra.pe means the crime, committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with him, esp. by the threat or use of violence. This topic is inconclusive!

If you don't like sex, go for a sexless marriage, or get a divorce.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend: And since sex is legally, religiously, and spiritually(lol) allowed in marriage; and ra.pe means the crime, committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with him, esp. by the threat or use of violence. This topic is inconclusive!

Religion can't always be an excuse when people want to, it caould happen you don't want to have intimate relations because you're not in the mood it can last maybe 3or 4 days so you can't wait for that long? come on...
Re: Marital R.ape by icon2: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
Shollypopz:
What a cheap way to attempt to win a discourse, take my words out of context! It's ok!

I like the way you present your case...

1 Like

Re: Marital R.ape by ijebabe: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend: And since sex is legally, religiously, and spiritually(lol) allowed in marriage; and ra.pe means the crime, committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with him, esp. by the threat or use of violence. This topic is inconclusive!

Just because a woman is not in the mood it now means she doesn't like s[i]e[/i]x?? undecided
Eg: She says no and the husband tries coaxing her and she still refuses, then he becomes upset and agressive which in turn makes her angry. A heated exchange of words ensues with the huusband threatening her that he will get his way tonight whether she likes it or not and then does it. Pinning her down and muffling her protests and screams. Is that not rape??
I am aware sex is a given in a marriage but that does not mean a woman does not have the right to say NO.
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah:
Religious can't always be an excuse when people want to, it caould happen you don't want to have intimate relations because you're not in the mood it can last maybe 3or 4 days so you can't wait for that long? come on...

Hey, PS the topic isn't about me, it's a discourse and I'm posting what I think about the topic.

Sex in a marriage is the moral right of both partners involved, and they both vowed to be together for better and for worse. I'm not a religious guy, but if you agreed both legally and religiously to uphold your rights (sex is one of them) in the marriage, how can you prove that the guy had sex with you without your consent?
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijebabe:
Just because a woman is not in the mood it now means she doesn't like s[i]e[/i]x?? undecided
Eg: She says no and the husband tries coaxing her and she still refuses, then he becomes upset and agressive which in turn makes her angry. A heated exchange of words ensues with the huusband threatening her that he will get his way tonight whether she likes it or not and then does it. Pinning her down and muffling her protests and screams. Is that not rape??
I am aware sex is a given in a marriage but that does not mean a woman does not have the right to say NO.

How can you prove she wasn't in the mood in a court of law?

Argue against that, and stop posting innuendos. undecided
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
icon2:

I like the way you present your case...
Thanks! smiley
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

Hey, PS the topic isn't about me, it's a discourse and I'm posting what I think about the topic.

Sex in a marriage is the moral right of both partners involved, and they both vowed to be together for better and for worse. I'm not a religious guy, but if you agreed both legally and religiously to uphold your rights (sex is one of them) in the marriage, how can you prove that the guy had sex with you without your consent?
Dear I didn't say this topic was about you, I'm trying to make you understand why I disagree with you, having sex without a consent it's simple to proove even though the wife rarely complain about that to the police station, when she says NO it means NO and it's available for guys people shouldn't be forced to do what they don't want to do.
Re: Marital R.ape by ijebabe: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

How can you prove she wasn't in the mood in a court of law?

Argue against that, and stop posting innuendos. undecided
The endless rigmarole.

It may not be recognised in the court but a man who cannot make the difference between consentual sex and rape is deluded.
The law is made up of humans and is a work in progress but that is no excuse to throw morals and common sense out the window. If we left everything up to the law with no personal values and principles then you're lost.
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah:
Dear I didn't say this topic was about you, I'm trying to make you understand why I disagree with you, having sex without a consent it's simple to proove even though the wife rarely complain about that to the police station, when she says NO it means NO and it's available for guys people shouldn't be forced to do what they don't want to do.

Having sex without consent with anyone, is different from having sex without consent in a marriage because most times, the later can't proven UNLESS it's a continuous thing..

I wouldn't force my wife to have sex with me if she doesn't want to (that's if I ever get married anyway) but we can't just make everything an offence punishable by law, else many people will be jailed for the wrong reasons.

If women can make up lies about statutory rape to destroy certain people they don't like. What makes you think a lot of women won't make up lies just to get back at their husbands.?
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijebabe:
It may not be recognised in the court but a man who cannot make the difference between consentual sex and rape is deluded.

Can it be proven in a court of law?

The law is made up of humans and is a work in progress but that is no excuse to throw morals and common sense out the window.

Moral is subjective, but you can't deny a man his right.

If we left everything up to the law with no personal values and principles then you're lost.

You're contradicting yourself again. If we can't leave everything to the court of law, then why should marital ra.pe be a crime?

Personal values and principles are both relative albeit subjective as well, but you should have put that into consideration before giving the same guy the right to have sex with out whenever he feels like it.

That's more reason why marriage needs to be re-defined. I'm not a big fan of marriage, and the rights it gives to both parties involved. That's why I don't think I'll ever get married.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
Bittyend all I'm trying to say is that this could and should be punishable when someone became "violent" because of intimate relations...even thoug this is your husband or wife. Being marriyng means share, a natural share and not a compulsory or forced one, hope I clarify you
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
^I don't understand your post..
Re: Marital R.ape by ijebabe: 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

Can it be proven in a court of law?

Moral is subjective, but you can't deny a man his right.

Men whose rights have been denied and then took actions into their own hands have not be praised, even in courts. There may be pleasure/satisfaction in street justice but not when its in the home and especially abuse.

bittyend: You're contradicting yourself again. If we can't leave everything to the court of law, then why should marital ra.pe be a crime?

Personal values and principles are both relative albeit subjective as well, but you should have put that into consideration before giving the same guy the right to have sex with out whenever he feels like it.

That's more reason why marriage needs to be re-defined. I'm not a big fan of marriage, and the rights it gives to both parties involved. That's why I don't think I'll ever get married.

I cannot speak for those who went into marriage with the sort of man that would be a perpetual burden to them, but what I am saying is rape is rape regardless of marital status and the reason its not treated as a crime is because the laws still have a long way to go in dealing with the nature and confines of marriage. A man who rapes his wife will not do it once but it will definitely repeat itself leading to violent abuse in the future (the courts don't mention this why? because its psychology but a fact). Which will then be the proof the woman needs to make an official complaint against the husband.
People who indulge in this should not use the pretext of law as an approval to their behaviour cos they are one more rape into becoming criminals. And over what? undecided
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah: Bittyend all I'm trying to say is that this could and should be punishable when someone became "violent" because of intimate relations...even thoug this is your husband or wife. Being marriyng means share, a natural share and not a compulsory or forced one, hope I clarify you

Yeah, I already made reference to the 'violent' with PROOFS part.

Marriage doesn't mean natural share, it's a compulsory or forced share, hence why people get prenuptial agreement before marriage.

Marriage itself has to be re-defined.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 2:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

Yeah, I already made reference to the 'violent' with PROOFS part.

Marriage doesn't mean natural share, it's a compulsory or forced share, hence why people get prenuptial agreement before marriage.

Marriage itself has to be re-defined.
Not all dear, "forced or compulsory" otherwise you don't marry, sorry with all due respect I think you're wrong about it.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
I don't think people know that marital r.ape do not necessarily need to be physical or violent. Instead, it can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces you to join in an unwanted sexual contact or attention. The r.ape could occur in a non-violent relationship that is otherwise respectful.
For those going the moral route: Factors that influence morality is highly questionable and individualistic. No one moral is better than the other. There is nothing called morally wrong because there is no standard in which to judge individual morality except the law!
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah:
Not all dear, "forced or compulsory" otherwise you don't marry, sorry with all due respect I think you're wrong about it.

How's it not forced when you MUST share your wealth with your wife when you get divorced?

And why do people get prenuptial agreements?

The 'forced' part is an unwritten rule, but we all know it's there..

You're talking about a relationship my dear, not marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Identity Of The Girl Who Engaged In Group Sex With 3 FUTO Students Revealed (Pix / White Father & Son Shot Dead Black Man While Jogging In U.S.(Video) / Video: Lady Removes Boobs Of Boyfriend's Side Chick For Using It To Attract Bf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.