Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Marital R.ape - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Marital R.ape (4773 Views)

‘I Killed Our 3-day-old Baby To Cover Up Pre-marital Sex’ / R ape In Brazillian Big Brother House! / I Present To You The Funniest Attempted r-ape Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2012
Anything that can't be proven in the court of law should be thrown out of the window..

That's why the British system is the best! No hearsay, nor innuendos..

Can you prove he raped you? If NO, no case.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

How's it not forced when you MUST share your wealth with your wife when you get divorced?

And why do people get prenuptial agreements?

The 'forced' part is an unwritten rule, but we all know it's there..

You're talking about a relationship my dear, not marriage.
Nope marriage...and I repeat things have to come naturally otherwise this is no love anymore...think about it wink
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijebabe:
Men whose rights have been denied and then took actions into their own hands have not be praised, even in courts. There may be pleasure/satisfaction in street justice but not when its in the home and especially abuse.

You still don't get it, do you? You're talking about a scenario where the man 'agreed' that he actually raped the woman. How about if he denies it (which is what most people would do by the way), how can it be proven in a court of law?

I cannot speak for those who went into marriage with the sort of man that would be a perpetual burden to them, but what I am saying is rape is rape regardless of marital status and the reason its not treated as a crime is because the laws still have a long way to go in dealing with the nature and confines of marriage. A man who rapes his wife will not do it once but it will definitely repeat itself leading to violent abuse in the future (the courts don't mention this why? because its psychology but a fact). Which will then be the proof the woman needs to make an official complaint against the husband.
People who indulge in this should not use the pretext of law as an approval to their behaviour cos they are one more rape into becoming criminals. And over what? undecided

How can you r.ape something that's 'rightfully' yours? It's a very difficult thing to prove..

Marriage is the UNION of a man and woman, to become ONE.. They became one in unison, the day they got married. Just as you can't be prosecuted for stealing something what rightfully belongs to you, without a proof that you actually stole it. Marital r.ape is also something that's very difficult to prove, period.. If you think your husband is molesting you, get out of the damn marriage, period..
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah:
Nope marriage...and I repeat things have to come naturally otherwise this is no love anymore...think about it wink

Nah Nayah, it's your obligation as a wife to give your husband sex, and vice versa.

Relationship is where the 'naturally' thing can be upheld..
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

Nah Nayah, it's your obligation as wife to give your husband sex, and vice versa.

Relationship is where the 'naturally' thing can be upheld..

Ok let's suppose...do you think it's better having shared and tender intimate relations with your half or forced because of the Holly Bible that a lot of people like mentionning when it comes to illustrate their statements?
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah:
Ok let's suppose...do you think it's better having shared and tender intimate relations with your half or forced because of the Holly Bible that a lot of people like mentionning when it comes to illustrate their statements?

Firstly, I'm not a bible thumper, and religion isn't my thing.

Secondly, I don't deal with morals when it comes to delicate situations like this. Moral is subjective, and when dealing with anything delicate, we have to deal with the law..

If the law gives you the right to demand sex from someone, anytime you feel like it, why then should it be denied?

N/B: I'm supporting rape of any form, I'm just arguing based on my interpretation of the law (playing the devil's advocate grin).
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

Firstly, I'm not a bible thumper, and religion isn't my thing.

Secondly, I don't deal with morals when it comes to delicate situations like this. Moral is subjective, and when dealing with anything delicate, we have to deal with the law..

If the law gives you the right to demand sex from someone, anytime you feel like it, why then should it be denied?

N/B: I'm supporting rape of any form, I'm just arguing based on my interpretation of the law (playing the devil's advocate grin).

Law is simple to understand dear, no FORCED intimate relation should be accepted, then you got your answer wink
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
PS, and I'm not an atheist cheesy.. I only believe in God, and my inborn Yoruba spirituality. Gathering and crowd mentality isn't my thing.
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah:
Law is simple to understand dear, no FORCED intimate relation should be accepted, then you got your answer wink

How about the UNWRITTEN RULE that you're entitled to sex in marriage whenever you want it?

Marriage is a UNION, and your partner is your other half.. You own him/her indirectly.

That's why I said the topic is inconclusive, else, people are going to be prosecuted for the wrong reason.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 2:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

How about the UNWRITTEN RULE that you're entitled to sex in marriage whenever you want it?

Marriage is a UNION, and your partner is your other half.. You own him/her indirectly.

That's why I said the topic is inconclusive, else, people are going to be prosecuted for the wrong reason.
But dear the thing you seem dont want to understand is the WILL!!!
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah:
But dear the thing you seem dont want to understand is the WILL!!!

The 'WILL' can go both ways, my dear.

The man also has the 'will' the moment he requests for the intimacy. grin
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

The 'WILL' can go both ways, my dear.

The man also has the 'will' the moment he requests for the intimacy. grin
lol
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 3:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nayah:
lol

Thank you for accepting defeat. grin wink cool kiss
Re: Marital R.ape by Nayah(f): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

Thank you for accepting defeat. grin wink cool kiss
Who lost?? my dear you don't know me...hehe
Re: Marital R.ape by Justiyke4u: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Only in a jungle like Nigeria would anyone assume that just because the "court" (which court?) sees no wrong in a case, means that there's nothing wrong. It's all about how the case is presented. There's a reason why they call lawyers liars.

In a jungle like Nigeria, it's okay for a man to forcefully perform sex on a woman without given consent, just because she's his wife. How does a wedding ring turn "No" to "Yes"? Why should it?

We're in the 21st century, all you simply need to do is Google "man raping wife" and you'll see a ton load of those cases you'll see that there "has been".
have u forgotten dat dose case does not apply to Nigerian jurisdiction our criminal code does not recognise such even in one Nigerian case i stumbled upon Alawusa v. Odusote. Why wasnt d man convicted for the offence of indecent assault rather he was convicted for assualt where he shaved his wife's pubic hair.such offence will be very difficult to prov in Nigerian courts
Re: Marital R.ape by ijebabe: 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
bittyend:

You still don't get it, do you? You're talking about a scenario where the man 'agreed' that he actually raped the woman. How about if he denies it (which is what most people would do by the way), how can it be proven in a court of law?

How can you r.ape something that's 'rightfully' yours? It's a very difficult thing to prove..

Marriage is the UNION of a man and woman, to become ONE.. They became one in unison, the day they got married. Just as you can't be prosecuted for stealing something what rightfully belongs to you, without a proof that you actually stole it. Marital r.ape is also something that's very difficult to prove, period.. If you think your husband is molesting you, get out of the damn marriage, period..
I get what you are saying and I agree. It's hard to prove this in court. My point is, it's still r[b]a[/b]pe and it's wrong. Haven't you heard of cases where husbands kidnapped their own children during divorce cases? Weren't the kids theirs too? Were the husbands right? Or people 'stealing' their own property just for insurance claims?
All I'm saying is it starts with the individual. The moment they realise that forcefully having s[i]e[/i]x is not the way to a happy marriage then all the better because the end result it not good.
Re: Marital R.ape by bittyend(m): 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijebabe:
I get what you are saying and I agree. It's hard to prove this in court. My point is, it's still r[b]a[/b]pe and it's wrong. Haven't you heard of cases where husbands kidnapped their own children during divorce cases? Weren't the kids theirs too? Were the husbands right? Or people 'stealing' their own property just for insurance claims?
All I'm saying is it starts with the individual. The moment they realise that forcefully having s[i]e[/i]x is not the way to a happy marriage then all the better because the end result it not good.

In the cases where husbands kidnapped their own children, that's a physical thing that can be proven.. It has nothing to do with emotions. You also have to put into consideration the 'divorce' bit of what you referenced.. The word of contention there is 'divorce'.
Re: Marital R.ape by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 19, 2012
^^
Why on earth would you want to have sex with an unwilling partner, even if that partner happens to be your spouse?
The issue of 'denial of body' grin shouldn't even come up, if someone is not in the mood just leave them alone abeg. There's always some other time, or if you can't practice self denial then find some other willing partner!

Men are biologically hardwired to have multiple sexual partners, a reality which makes the concept of 'western' marriage a complete aberration. Let's get real abeg.

Is it possible to stay put with one sexual partner for an entire lifetime? Not unless a man has low sex drive in the first place, in which case one aberration simply cancels out the other and we see him as a 'happily married' man grin Otherwise man must f.uc.k, and f.uc.k he must even if the recipient of that Bleep happens to be someone other than his wife.

Pastors, model 'family men' sneaking around, bang.ing multiple puzzy thinking nobody sees them but we do! Ladies think their husbands don't cheat but we know they do! grin

The Alfas & Imams have it easier cause they are open/honest about these realities: They simply take other wives to achieve variety in their se.xual lives. At least if Iya Kubura is not in the mood, he go carry him boner go meet Iya Habib grin Ladies stay there deceiving yourselves that you have a 'faithful' husband when he's likely as not getting his pipe cleaned on the sly!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How My Stolen Phone Was Used To Obtains Loans / See What Republic Of Benin Soldier Did To This Five Girls For Stealing / White Father & Son Shot Dead Black Man While Jogging In U.S.(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.