Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:22 PM

Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? (20985 Views)

Emmanuel Emenike Shows Off Tattoo He Got In Honour Of His Late Father / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Top Football Players To Honour Kanu Nwankwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by vanstanzy(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Fellywood: TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES. WHAT HAS MIKEL DONE FOR HIS OWN COUNTRY? NOTHING! WHEN THIS GUY PLAYS FOR HIS COUNTRY, HE PLAYS AS IF THE PITCH IS FILLED WITH HOT COAL. HONOUR HIM FOR HELPING ANOTHER COUNTRYS' CLUBSIDE WIN A DOUBLE? YA'll JOBLESS LOTS, WALAHI! AND TO THINK THAT YA'll BE USING TAX-PAYERS' HARD EARNED MONEY TO DO THIS, HABA! HOW MUCH DID MIKEL OBI BRIBE U GUYZ WITH?

@vanstanzy, My take exactly on this bros. And to think of it, how many honours have they given to the Kanus of this world who not only won laurels for ALL the clubs he played for, won MANY for Nigeria (the MOST decorated Nigerian footballer) & now has foundation helping helpless Africans? This is what you get when wack gets attention. From the beginning Chelsea fans showed that they did NOT deserve the cups by the childish things they have done since wacking their way with horrible football to the two cups. PATHETIC.

Lets not talk of this anymore before i give myself a headache. Moderator next post pls.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by HoneyPrincess(f): 6:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
I want to thank every1 for their lovely comments. Its good to know that common sense is still in
In the heads of some Nigerians.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Mind wetin (TO HELL WIF DEM ALL)
Cyracks: are you going to hell with them? Guy mind the way you utter comments
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Ficco(m): 6:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
Useless and jobless people, dey will neva hv plan for dis country, only to find ways of embezzling our money. Worthless thieves.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by cryztalz: 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
Next! wink
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
BizBooks: He is being honoured by a committee not the entire National Assembly. The first paragraph
clearly states: "the House of Representative Committee on Sports will honour holidaying
Nigerian international, John Mikel Obi
". But if you read only the topic of the post,
you will not get the full picture.

What else do you expect from a committee on Sports. In my opinion, their proposal is right
proper.

My brother, no mind them. I understand why they're always suspicious of the National Assembly, but then, this particular occasion is one that does not warrant undue condemnation. Mikel did us proud, and the House of Reps committee on sports deemed it fit to honour him. I can't see how that is a bad idea. It's not as if they're passing a bill to honour Mikel.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Skmoda360(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Sky-walker:
useless fools. another way to steal money.
incorrigible fools..
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by israelbenzion: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
chukxy44: Am impressed with d comments so far, though am still expecting 1 fool to come and try and make sense out of dis stupid and senseless decision.

Beaf is on his way. He is d one u r waiting for.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by crackhouse(m): 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
BizBooks: He is being honoured by a committee not the entire National Assembly. The first paragraph
clearly states: "the House of Representative Committee on Sports will honour holidaying

What else do you expect from a committee on Sports. In my opinion, their proposal is right
proper.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
pro01:

My brother, no mind them. I understand why they're always suspicious of the National Assembly, but then, this particular occasion is one that does not warrant undue condemnation. Mikel did us proud, and the House of Reps committee on sports deemed it fit to honour him. I can't see how that is a bad idea. It's not as if they're passing a bill to honour Mikel.
Are you kidding me ? When did it become the job of National Assembly to honor someone for his personal job abroad, is Chelsea a Nigerian club, is it a national assignment ? This is what we get when the educational system is in shambles.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by milanseedorf(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ours leaders are jokers. Bunch of iliterates in dat der yeye house
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
Wot a country..... Please tell us how much the event will cost cause I know say money dey involve for dis issue. Am tired of dis ass hole called Nigeria. What kind of confused law makers do we have? How did these people get to power?
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by love124(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Are you kidding me ? When did it become the job of National Assembly to honor someone for his personal job abroad, is Chelsea a Nigerian club, is it a national assignment ? This is what we get when the educational system is in shambles.
[quote author=crackhouse][/quote] pls mind them. this tells us that we still hav more fools that are not in House of thiefs.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by crackhouse(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2012

proper.
I just don't get it. Nigerians always crave for anything that involves oyibo people. Let NFF do that if it must be done and not anybody or committee in NASS. Mikel have not won any trophy for Nigeria and he don't like playing for Nigeria, even when invited for a match instead he will always give reasons why he won't make it to the match. Let NFF do that and not NASS. To me they are just making mockery of the Nigeria govt by stooping so low to honour sb for what he has achieved for a foreign club and not even Nigeria.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by love124(m): 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Are you kidding me ? When did it become the job of National Assembly to honor someone for his personal job abroad, is Chelsea a Nigerian club, is it a national assignment ? This is what we get when the educational system is in shambles.
[quote author=crackhouse][/quote] pls don't mind them. this tells us that we still hav more fools that are not in House of thiefs.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
pro01:

You must be one of these chelsea noisemakers fans. When did it become the work of a Nigerian committee to start honouring someone for another countries/continents victory. Nawa for you e be lyk say u stopped at primary 6. To me it seems these committee on sports are becoming too irrelevant and the needed something to do in order to get noticed. Wot a country we have. How many of our Players have been honoured?
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by P406: 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
No i am sure someone is just joking. It is simply just unthinkable.
I thought they were to make laws and oversee the executive.
I cannot believe this story.no no no
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
"sighs and pass away" mtscheeew!
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
THE FACT THAT WE RE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF. MTCHEWWWW LIKE THEY GAVE ME A DIME AFTER HE WON.. sad
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Havilah93(m): 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
so this is what our reps now do? Naija sha. Only God knows how many billions will be spent on that
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Boboedom: 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
Jobless and unserious people. Truly and rightly qualified by OBJ as armed robbers.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by yewand(f): 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
Though a chelsea fan, Comittee or not.This is irresponsible & irrelevant as regards to issue concerning and confronting us as nation nigeria presently.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by awesome9ja: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2012
Idoitic Idiots
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by chux76(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
This country's lawmakers really need to have their heads re-examined. I am a conc CHELSEA fan and I love Mikel being part of my club but honoring him..na wah oh..These idiots have nothing else to do..we have pressing problems and the bunch of thwarts are looking for various ways to milk money outa the federation account.
God please come to the aid of this great country Nigeria
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by BizBooks(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2012
yewand: Though a chelsea fan, Comittee or not.This is irresponsible & irrelevant as regards to issue concerning and confronting us as nation nigeria presently.

So what do you want the Committee on Sports to be doing? By their very composition, they
are only concerned with Sports matters. If that is too trivial at this time, perhaps we
should be calling for a dissolution of that committee instead of heaping blames on them
for performing functions that fall within their purview.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by nedostic: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
In absolute terms, this is misplaced priority!
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2012
Which kind I'd!ota commitee members be dis sef?
How dis wan go helep our futbal?
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Abudgame(m): 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
what a country
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by monkeyleg: 7:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
another tribal shouting match. It will happen, and you guys cannot do anything. we spend our time shouting and screaming here, meanwhile nothing changes

1 Like

Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
talk true: Chelsea’s double: National Assembly to honour Mikel

All roads will lead to the National Assembly on June 19, when the House of Representative Committee on Sports will honour holidaying Nigerian international, John Mikel Obi, at the complex in recognition of his winning both the FA Cup and UEFA Champions League with his Premiership side, Chelsea, in the just concluded season.

Disclosing this to Daily Sunsports in Abuja last weekend, the Chairman of the House Committee, Hon. Godfrey Ali Gaiya, hinged the decision to honour the Chelsea’s star on the determination of the National Assembly to reward excellence, stressing that Mikel deserves more than the honour for making Nigeria proud.

The committee’s boss further added that the National Assembly wants to use the reception and honour to encourage other Nigerian footballers and sportsmen at home and abroad and show them the interest Nigerians attach on their achievements. “We have tentatively set aside Tuesday, June 19, as the day to receive Mikel Obi, as a honour for being a worthy Nigerian soccer ambassador as an indispensable and integral member of the Chelsea squad that who both the English FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League.

“The House wishes to use the honour for Mikel as a way of encouraging our footballers and sportsmen, both at home and abroad, that the government and people of Nigeria are proud of their achievements and exploits and will continue to support them in their efforts to make the country proud.

“Mikel did Nigeria proud, he is our worthy ambassador for proving his competent in Chelsea squad that lifted both the FA Cup and UEFA Championship league. His presence and rating among the best 22 players in the world league was enough indication that something good can always come out of Nigeria,” he said.

Speaking on the arrangement, the consultant to the Committee, Muhammed Abubakar, disclosed that the reception would rounded up with a night party at De Carabian Night Club where some few Chelsea fans would have the opportunity to meet and rock with Mikel, stressing that it would be strictly by invitation.

http://sunnewsonline.com/article/chelsea%E2%80%99s-double-national-assembly-honour-mikel
I WEEP FOR THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by Blinks101(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
wao naija national asembly no get work lol...
Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by deshclones(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
This country is indeed forked on both sides.....when you think the thieving elites have run out of silly ideas...they formulate one that will make their previous stupid behavior look like a child's play.........jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez...abeg make this country split jor... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emenike Threatens To Quit Super Eagles / Kashimawo Laloko Is Dead / Neymar Returns To Training After 3 Months Injury (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.