Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Things Broke People Say - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things Broke People Say (18977 Views)

10 Things Extraordinary People Say Everyday. / People Say I Look Like Genevieve-(ceelinarsings) / Nigerians In Guiness Book Of Records And The Records They Broke::::::::::::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Broke People Say by harakiri(m): 8:57am On Jun 12, 2012
Hugo7:
am very sure u re not a christain..

No i'm not and not religious either.
Re: Things Broke People Say by BonTravelAgent: 8:59am On Jun 12, 2012
here's something broke people do alot. They come to threads like this to talk about what they say. HAHAHHAHAHAHHA
Re: Things Broke People Say by harakiri(m): 8:59am On Jun 12, 2012
philip0906:
yh. . .u sniff and drink anything dt has 2 do with Christianity like it itches ur ba.lls. . .u prolly thought what u typed there made sense? greegory

lol...it makes sense and you know it. Now, lump it.
Re: Things Broke People Say by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 12, 2012
Goldieluks: I don't like to live in a big apartment, I prefer a studio flat ( 1 bedroom apartment)

I wish I can just see some cash as I walk down this road.

i get one friend always says that, every single time we hang out(on my bill of course)! wen the tin begin drive me nuts na im i excuse am.
Re: Things Broke People Say by Goldieluks: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2012
Shinatu: I do not know much about the Poster but I do not believe the intention of this post is to mock the 'poor' think it exposes our hypocrisy and deceitful nature as human beings.

I am not poor by God's grace but my phone is nothing to write home about and I am very comfortable with it, I do not go about preaching how wasteful it is to buy expensive phones even if I think it is.

I sincerely believe that materialism is destructive and that' vanity, all is indeed vanity' I try to get value for money spent but I do not go screaming it with bitterness at every rich/richer man I see.

All these people saying it is a waste to send a child to Corona and that it is healthier to walk than to take a ride in a car are usually the ones that will not allow you to rest at PTA and
at Landlord's meeting with their 'show show' attitude once the cash start coming in!

My point? All still believing God for upliftment, please fill your hearts with positive things,encourage yourself with the word of God forget whatever anybody thinks,try not to envy, it is reflected in the things you say and you may end up just making a mockery of yourself

Lozzzzzzz where lies thy humour?? Loosen up jor!!!

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by Goldieluks: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2012
BoboYekini:
i get one friend always says that, every single time we hang out(on my bill of course)! wen the tin begin drive me nuts na im i excuse am.

Lmaooo....your friend na otokpe..
Re: Things Broke People Say by josilyfe: 10:52am On Jun 12, 2012
Who tells you money can't buy love? Pls everyone note this, money CAN BuY LOVE and KEEP IT INTACT... kissWho tells you money can't buy love? Pls everyone note this, money CAN BuY LOVE and KEEP IT INTACT...
Re: Things Broke People Say by jay2smart19(m): 11:14am On Jun 12, 2012
~Kaylee~:

1). I can't believe you just associated that statement exclusively with broke people. This is supposed to be a joke right? I know people who are not broke (myself included) and I say that all the time. It is called having upright morals and not being "broke"!

2). Well isn't that true? Even the rich wouldn't go to heaven/hell with their money.. so.. what's the point of including this on the list?

3). On the rare occasions when I eat out, I chose to have water (plus lime, if the restaurant offers) instead of sweet drinks not because I am broke, but because I am health conscious. We also have a family history of diabetes and I wouldn't want to heighten my susceptibility to the ailment by ordering sweet drinks to portray myself as a financially buoyant person. Water is the healthiest drink on earth, if one has a special preference for it, it doesn't by any chance mean the person is a pauper.

4). Calculation errors abound in many stores. What's wrong with clarifying if the [final] bill given is with/without tax? I do that all the time when ridiculous prices are given for items I know should cost less. And my suspicions save me money more times than not!

5). With all these things I said, I use an Iphone 4 and could afford to upgrade to the latest model whenever I choose...

This post should be taken off the home page, please. It screams ignorance.
I thought i was alone. thats no way to judge if some one is broke.
Re: Things Broke People Say by snthesis(m): 11:25am On Jun 12, 2012
ppl screaming that this thread is abt mocking poor ppl ar obviously deluded

being poor is a choice and a state of mind- if this thread offends rather than b[i]i[/i]t[i]ch[/i] abt it, think deep abt ur life and try to think of ways of getting out of the "broke" situation (stop "burying ur talent under a rock"wink, stop wallowing in self pity. read more, network more, broaden ur knowledge, analyze where u ar coming from, and where u expect to be- cross the things u did wrong/that aint working and set targets to reach ur desired goal- and u cant take out the "God" factor to bless ur hustle.

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by tpia5: 11:31am On Jun 12, 2012
^your post deserves to be on a thread titled "things s.tupid people say". You and mukina would qualify to have most of your posts placed there.

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by mrman2(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2012
More money equals more problems.
Re: Things Broke People Say by snthesis(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
tpia@:
^your post deserves to be on a thread titled "things s.tupid people say". You and mukina would qualify to have most of your posts placed there.
guess u r pretty retarded - eyah

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by Emphasis(m): 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
A whole lot of factors influences our choices in life... From personal preference, health consideration, social status, financial strenght etc. Though i know some people are just having fun by keying into the thread, but if we have to be rational, most of what is posted on this thread are not broke people's philosophies.
By the way @posters and co, whats ur definition of broke? Lack of money? Low taste? Choice? Or what? When did prayer points and bible verses turn to things broke people say?
Does posting what broke people say make u rich? Or absorb the fact that most of u are pathetic? I would have love to fine tune ur weak brains with some illustrations, but its noon already, its will be a waste of effort. Just get an understanding of what BROKE means.
I expect some people to apply reasoning in public forums.
Re: Things Broke People Say by niddamugu(m): 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
You'll hear something like - "10k for what? When 2800 can recharge my DSTV and i still get the same channels I usually watch"
And then something like - "I don't need DSTV in my house since there will not be light to even watch it. I will just be dashing them my money for nothing"
Re: Things Broke People Say by javalove(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
ceejayluv: Why is dis topic comin nw dat im soooo broke, even my "mind check" bounced!!?

1. If u believe, u can achieve.
2. As far as there's life, there's hope.
3. This is my year of breakthrough.
4. I think i'm havin a spiritual problem.
5. I go make am.
6. My enemies no go see my back.
E.t.c

Modenine freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Things Broke People Say by masterpiecer(m): 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
"nokia 3310, blackberry porche, phona na phone"
"mercedes benz 190, range rover envogue, motor na motor"
"palmwine or grey goose, highness na highness"
"aba made or H&C, shirt na shirt"
"economy or 1st class, flight na flight"
"9ja uni or havard, school na school"

...and so on

3 Likes

Re: Things Broke People Say by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
Baby why don't we just tell dt Aboki guy to do egg n bread for us instead of Shawarma

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by redsun(m): 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
babsmii: silly thread.. OP- you should be educated enough to know that water is far better than soft drinks.. y include it.

except for the pure water statement, you got it all wrong.
who puts this kinda thread up on front page... i'll say it again. some moderators needs to be moderated

Educated nigerian! Are u serious?
Re: Things Broke People Say by mufikings(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
Foolish Post
Re: Things Broke People Say by mufikings(m): 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
redsun:

Educated nigerian! Are u serious?
Exactly..Mtchewwww, If you have money spend and Knock you self out and let the world have peace, if you dont work harder and ask for grace.What is Nairaland turning into
Re: Things Broke People Say by rakumiii(m): 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
ExcelDec: Am Allergic to Apple, I Prefer AGBALUMOO....
Lol....
*Confirmed POOR MAN*

I am actually allergic to green apple o............ cheesy cheesy cheesy

and I do prefer Agbalumo
Re: Things Broke People Say by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
godello: God of mercy ! All this r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d and wasteful youths commenting on this topic, dont u all have something better doing? Pls how is this beneficial to us all.
As for me, its been a long day. Like they say, all work without play, makes one dull. Just laugh, cos its funny, simultaneously it makes you think and appreciate God.
Take for example, during prayers, God I thank you for good health, some are in d morge,hospital.., does that implies mocking?
Re: Things Broke People Say by komek(m): 11:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
shymmex: Re/tarded topics like this always make front page.

But my thread about career advice on computer networking is yet to get a sniff.

Useless thread!

Why can't you post things eunuch or down syndrome having people say, huh?

*Spits on the thread*
exactly †ђξ way broke pple reason
Re: Things Broke People Say by komek(m): 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
​ just finished before eating before coming τ̅☺ this eatery, just gv M̶̲̥̅ƹ water ​ will ßξ fine with it.
This is when a broke ass guy takes a gurl out.
Re: Things Broke People Say by Dagods(m): 12:03am On Jun 13, 2012
Hahaha! Ok lets c it dis way:-go 2 d galeria,or d cinema, buy pop-corn 1 pack cost #700 and d next thing u get a hoax voice,hey na dis small guguru u buy with #700?ehen i talk am u no know wetin dem dey take money do? una just dey waste money,guguru wey i go buy 4 iya-amina with #80.=na im u buy#700?.
Re: Things Broke People Say by bakila: 2:32am On Jun 13, 2012
yorke1: "I just feel like drinking garri this afternoon"
"All girls are gold digger"
"I'm a vegetarian"

To be a vegeterian is not cheap
Re: Things Broke People Say by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 13, 2012
Dagods: Hahaha! Ok lets c it dis way:-go 2 d galeria,or d cinema, buy pop-corn 1 pack cost #700 and d next thing u get a hoax voice,hey na dis small guguru u buy with #700?ehen i talk am u no know wetin dem dey take money do? una just dey waste money,guguru wey i go buy 4 iya-amina with #80.=na im u buy#700?.
LMAO

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by warrior101: 10:57am On Jun 13, 2012
kay9: laugh n free stress?? I dunno man, maybe i've never really learnt how to make fun of people for no good reason. Y'all actually took the time to make fun of poor people? And doing that relieved u of stress?? Man, thats just low.
I wonder how many people would still find it funny if the title of this thread was ''Things Black People Say''... Doesnt take much to get us all up in arms screaming ''racism!'', abi?

Crown me with walnuts, Ugly... Why haven't you been taking your happy pills?
I think i 'd still find it funny. Thanks
Re: Things Broke People Say by warrior101: 11:01am On Jun 13, 2012
tpia@:

i tell you- mukina is going to get herself so twisted it will take a miracle to straighten her out. . . . . .

is seun seeing someone else on nl or [b]why has she (mukina) gone banana[/b]s?

check her other threads of recent- "why God is punishing you", blah blah blah. Let's see what next they'll tell her to post here.

not like i ever liked her before anyway (and the feeling is mutual from her as well), but she at least had the sense to not attempt giving herself hypertension unnecessarily and btw, i thought she has a fan following of mindless goons?

she will soon attack them while they're honking in support of her.

the womanoid be like witch.

Jesus take the reins.

Are you trying to say she/he is a tranny? tongue
Re: Things Broke People Say by warrior101: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2012
BonTravelAgent: here's something broke people do alot. They come to threads like this to talk about what they say. HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

How do you know this? smiley "It takes one to know one," Mate. wink

1 Like

Re: Things Broke People Say by Tahlengthz(m): 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
grin grin grin ;Dsorrow may last till d night but joy comes in the mawnin.2mao is gonna be beta.

;Dsorrow may last till d night but joy comes in the mawnin.2mao is gonna be beta.

"wetin dem get wey anoda person neva get"....................

"GOD DEY"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stop Giving Beggars Small, Dirty Money - Alfa Chemistry Tells Nigerians (Video) / Nelson Mandela's Grave / 13 Powerful Ways To Transform Yourself For The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.