Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,878 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities (9715 Views)

Poll: Would swearing by our deities/irunmole work for our governance

Yes, It will definitely work: 85% (91 votes)
No, It can never work: 14% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

African Ancient Deities Vs Western God / Who Is The Most Powerful Pastor/prophet In Nigeria Be Host Pls / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva:
You have a point. But even those that are clean won't want to contest for fear of Amadioha and Sango striking them mistakenly.

They don't strike mistakenly, If I promise to fix the death trap known as Lagos-badan expressway that have consumed thousands of lifes under an oath where both Shango and Ogun are present stating that within my one year in office and fail to do that, then am done for. Would you as one of my voter/elector prefer that or I swear by the Bible and at the end steal billions and pay some judge and go scott free leaving the masses more impoverished.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
ghostofsparta:

They don't strike mistakenly, If I promise to fix the death trap known as Lagos-badan expressway that have consumed thousands of lifes under an oath where both Shango and Ogun are present stating that within my one year in office and fail to do that, then am done for. Would you as one of my voter/elector prefer that or I swear by the Bible and at the end steal billions and pay some judge and go scott free leaving the masses more impoverished.
Still waiting...
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by vanminister: 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2012
IF OUR LEADERS SWEAR BY TRADITIONAL gOGS OR dOGS, THEY WILL ALL DIE THE NEXT DAY SIMPLY BECAUSE THE TRADITIONAL AFRICAN gODS ARE MERCILESS, EVIL AND SERIALLY MURDEROUS!!! DONT DARE DEM!!!
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2012
These are the kind of nonsense topics dominating Nairaland's religious section these days !!

smh
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Okeycima: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
ghostofsparta: If our sinators, legislooters, politicians, governors, ministers, commissioners, etc were made to swear whatever promises and manifestoes they meant before assuming office under the presence of our deities (Amadioha, Shango, Ogun, Shokpona) wouldn't their be 25hours of electricity supply and good roads and other social amenities. The argument of the possibility that the swearer can go back and offer something to the priests in order to revert the effect of the oath made can be easily resolved by televising the whole process on NTA or AIT where the politician/president/governor will be making such an oath with the provisio that in the event of him/her attempting to reverse the sworn oath...may 'so so and so' happen. That condition of the oath and the 'so, so and so' provisio would be an an agreed upon 'curse'. I know many would disagree with this harsh measure because of their glean to foreign religions brought onto them by European colonialists and Arab jihadists. Abrahamic religions that have rendered our society retrogressive ans decadent since 1914.
dem,cos go just die within 24hrs after swearing with d ofor

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by HisMajesty1(m): 4:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
@topic, not a bad idea atall.... I even suggest the Aiyelala deity common among the Aworis.... Dat diety no dey take nonsense oo!

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by jaysm(f): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hahahahahah! It would have been very good cos it kill them and kill whoever that will inherit their wealth, anything at all that belongs to them that's how the one in my village works. But nobody will pass that into law swearing by the gods knowing that is them that'll die in process.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Orikinla(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
Believe it or not, even the Nigerians who claim to be Christians fear the Juju more than they fear God.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2012
His Majesty: @topic, not a bad idea atall.... I even suggest the Aiyelala deity common among the Aworis.... Dat diety no dey take nonsense oo!

I forgot to even add that powerful deity known as Ayilala to that list of deities that can be used for swearing. Ayilala is unique not only to the Aworis but also to the Ilajes, Ijebus and other Yoruba tribes.

I could recall the event of a woman who stole her husband money and when accused fled to the village square shouting 'egba mi o eyin ara ilu, ki ayilala kpa mi ti ba ji owo ti oko mi n wa'. She was brought to the local govt. clinic where my aunt worked and nobody could helped her mysteriously swollen belly.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Koolking(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
The world has evolved. It's near-impossible turning back the hand of time. We cannot go back to the gathering ages. The sophistication of the modern world breeds the sophistication of corrupt leaders. Corruption seems indigenous to Nigerians. I used to wonder if our traditional laws can come to our rescue but it soon dawn on me that even the mediums of those laws would undoubtedly compromise and stab the gods in the back as a result of the amount of dollars that would change hands. Nigeria can never be better off if our leaders swear by our ancient deities, instead it will breeds confusion and anarchy. I would rather opt for revolution to drive home a better Nigeria. MHO
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
frosbel: These are the kind of nonsense topics dominating Nairaland's religious section these days !!

smh

nonsense topic abi? because its not about five thousand guys feeding on 2fish & 5bread and 12basket left over thereafter. lol!! if you dont like the topic, get inside your room and keep studying your bible. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by kayusbrown(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
They will hide under the Bible and Quran gods by insisting that they are ''born again'' or ''believing other gods except allah is haram'' so they can't swear using anything that contradicts their faith. We all know they don't believe the Bible and Quran. If you ask most of them to UnCloth, u'll find all sorts of incision and charms on them for their personal security (ever wonder why they don't take security issues seriously). A thourough background check on every one of them will reveal that most of them belong to evil cults and also offer sacrifices to some of these traditional deities for their protection! An easy way to make them take a valid oath is to place and conceal a formidable ''Olugbohun'', ''Afose'' or ''Epe'' (charms that make whatever one says comes to pass) at the place they will be taking the oath!

3 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ayilala and Ogun are the most vicious of the Yoruba deities. Shango is too dramatic and absolute. Ayilala and Ogun strikes the violator and any who is directly and or indirectly involved in the violation.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
Orikinla: Believe it or not, even the Nigerians who claim to be Christians fear the Juju more than they fear God.

See there's a different between Juju and deities though they are related in some respect, though they both share a common result - Supernaturality.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
kayusbrown: They will hide under the Bible and Quran gods by insisting that they are ''born again'' or ''believing other gods except allah is haram'' so they can't swear using anything that contradicts their faith. We all know they don't believe the Bible and Quran. If you ask most of them to UnCloth, u'll find all sorts of incision and charms on them for their personal security (ever wonder why they don't take security issues seriously). A thourough background check on every one of them will reveal that most of them belong to evil cults and also offer sacrifices to some of these traditional deities for their protection! An easy way to make them take a valid oath is to place and conceal a formidable ''Olugbohun'', ''Afose'' or ''Epe'' (charms that make whatever one says comes to pass) at the place they will be taking the oath!

You are indeed right.

MODIFIED:
They should make oath under the ACTIVATED essence of deities: Ogun, Shango, Shokpona and Ayilala backed with the extra juju plug-ins: Àfose (statement-to-order converter) and Olugbohun (commander)...Ekpe (curse generator) is a different thing.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 6:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
The Europeans and the Arabs brought their gods not only to Africa and America ... also imposed their culture ... his view of life ... profit, lying, theft and crime. These are the foundations of cultures in Africa and South América imposed ... All with the blessing of Allah and Yawe.
"We were happy, then they came ... They took the gold, and left us the Bible."

Dear friend MusKeeto.
I respect your opinion, and also his theological position.
Africa was invaded many times, European, Arab ... I do not think solely responsible for this have been the African gods.
Jews lived landless for many years, they were slaughtered, enslaved and humiliated a thousand times. The Islamists (we seek a close case in history) in Iraq were killed, raped, humiliated, displayed, and still continue to be tortured at Guantanamo. We can blame Allah or to Yawe that?
I agree with you that man must help himself, regardless of religious belief, but do not think you should blame a god or gods, so they could not or were unable to defend the men.
Africans and Native Americans fought with spears, they came with guns.
Not a question of the gods.
I hope you understand my post, no offense intended toward you.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2012
Joey82: well, u can only swear by what you believe in, what u dont believe in cannot have any effect on you, any aboki that swears to amadioha will not be struck by thunder.
funny enof the politicians/leaders will tell u they dont believe in those deities and they cant be coarsed to doing so.
I only pray God of the bible and Allah of the quaran hastens action on these corrupt lot.
'cos like my friend said, "hell is empty, all the demons are in abuja" milking us dry....ish

Even African americans who are into Ifa and orisha worship will tell you that 'believe it or not, it gonna happen'.

See my guy, you don't need to believe in its efficacy but just try and offend a Shango devotee or an Ayilala priestess. The truth is the devotee or the priestess may not even harm you because they will calculate if offence is worthy of such penalty because they know it's human life at stake. But if you mistaken their leniency/discretion to mean 'phoney' going further to challenge Irunmole/Orisha powers, maybe your psychology books told you its all in the mind/head, a placebo feeling or maybe too much comics or movies....well, Thor or Wolverine won't help you out.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
There is a better alternative and i have suggested it to sahara reporters and others. Every last day of the month, we make a video on youtube in which we say very nasty and nerving prayers for Nigerian politicians. This video is uploaded to the online media outlets for all to view and reply with a big "Amen". The prayer can go like this; "Father in the name of Jesus! you see Obasanjo and his children, David Mark and his children, Honorable Hembe and his wife, the entire generation of Orji Uzor Kalu and Odili, Atiku's health and wealth, IBB's brain cells, Tinubu's concubines and step children along with his first son, etc....BEGIN TO FIRE!!!!

I don't want to complete the prayer here but men trust me these politicians would have sleepless nights cos it would be hard for them to differentiate between coincidence and reality. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by mimifonwon(f): 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
i really think it would work better considering that though most professed christians in naija believe in God, traditional Gods they fear more, mainly because they know what can happen and the consquences of disobeying certain Gods are seen faster. White man's religion stole our morals that our traditional faith made sure was set.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
ebamma: even if the swear by amadioha or ogun,it won't matter,cos even the priest that protect dis deities can be bribed and then the vow won't have any effect again.

You are so, so wrong. That's what you think probably fed by erroneous Nigerian movies. The priests don't protect the deities nor vice versa. The word 'priest' is even a wrong usage since it is English concept. The oluwo of the deity is just the communicator who knows the 'phone number' to press to invoke the essence/energy of a said deity. It's obvious you didn't read the part where I resolved the issue of a swearer going back to appease the deity.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by greatgod2012(f): 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
good topic, i think dt is wat we really need in ds xtry, dt is if we can evn find any contenstant/candidate 4 electns again, if its practised.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by olaheavy: 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
i@ghostofsparta, I am with you in this measure. I believe this will serve as an elixir -- a panacea to all our seemingly incurable societal ills. Look at what we are facing right now -- supposing the r.e.tarded fisherman from the Niger Delta had been made to swear on Ogun or Ayilala or Obaluaye (Sonponna) in lieu of him kneeling down in front of Adeboye of RCCG by now we would be enjoying constant electricity, clean potable water via public taps and not private boreholes, good, macadamized roads and other amenities that have eluded us since the time immemorial. Obasanjo is a believer in tradomedicinal security and preventive measures. Had he been faced with a very potent 'olugbohun' or 'afose' to be sworn on, his 8-year useless tenure would have been blissful for all Nigerians.

By the way, in your research on Ayilala, did you find out if one could actively invoke it to strike one's perceived enemies known and unknown?

Lest I forget, aren't you supposed to be a bonafide Yoruba? If so, why are you putting a 'k' before a 'p'? We don't write like that in Yorubaland. I respect your knowledgeable research prowess, but don't bastardize our writing style. Might you be one of those Igbos who were born in Yorubaland and fell in love with our beautiful culture? LOL! Or, are you suffering from peer pressure? Anyway, whatever the problem is, please, refrain from the habit. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
abhosts: Ngige broke the oath he made to a local god and nothing happened to him. Remember Okija?

If he actually took a oath as reported, then that particular Okija he took the oath from isn't a genuine one. Like one poster wrote - he should have done it in front of the camera and broadcasted. Its not something can just go and do on his/her own coming out with a video to deceive the world. It is a process that would be properly planned involving tested and confirmed practitioners.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2012
vanminister: IF OUR LEADERS SWEAR BY TRADITIONAL gOGS OR dOGS, THEY WILL ALL DIE THE NEXT DAY SIMPLY BECAUSE THE TRADITIONAL AFRICAN gODS ARE MERCILESS, EVIL AND SERIALLY MURDEROUS!!! DONT DARE DEM!!!

Murderous is out of it o!

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
frosbel: These are the kind of nonsense topics dominating Nairaland's religious section these days !!

smh

How is it a nonsense topic?

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by philipstanley(m): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
Good topic. African gods are really merciless and if u dare make an orth wit these merciless gods u will end up dying in just a little mistake u neva knew. If i may ask who is he dat does nt or has nt make a mistake in life? Is also true dat God or Allah are nt very active if i may say bt there is nothing we can do.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ozonna(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
Tusky44: There is a better alternative and i have suggested it to sahara reporters and others. Every last day of the month, we make a video on youtube in which we say very nasty and nerving prayers for Nigerian politicians. This video is uploaded to the online media outlets for all to view and reply with a big "Amen". The prayer can go like this; "Father in the name of Jesus! you see Obasanjo and his children, David Mark and his children, Honorable Hembe and his wife, the entire generation of Orji Uzor Kalu and Odili, Atiku's health and wealth, IBB's brain cells, Tinubu's concubines and step children along with his first son, etc....BEGIN TO FIRE!!!!

I don't want to complete the prayer here but men trust me these politicians would have sleepless nights cos it would be hard for them to differentiate between coincidence and reality. undecided

LMAO.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
This thread is senseless pls let's think of D̶̲̥̅̊ way forward and stop thinking backward.......let's be realistic and stop childs play....
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by SNCOQ3(m): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
The true God, in His eternal wisdom, has reserved a Day of Judgement for all transgressors. According to the Bible, It is even forbidden to take an oath in His name.

On the other hand, Satan(with his superiority complex) and his Familiar Spirits ('local deities') just dey do gragra to prove a point. The devil knows that he 's under judgement and that his time is short; hence, always in a hurry to appear more 'effective' than God. The idea is to get more people to believe in him so he can drag as many as possible down with him on judgement day.

Sadly, a lot of people will discover too late that satan as come to steal, kill and destroy Jn 10:10.
Satan is filled with fury because he knows that his time is short ------------------------ Rev 12:12.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
mimifonwon: White man's religion stole our morals that our traditional faith made sure was set.

A universal truth, dear friend ...
Regardless of some irony that may arise in the thread, is interesting. She wears the analysis of many things.

@ghostofsparta: I never saw a Nigerian film. I do not think we're talking exclusively a religious issue, but also ethical.
Europeans and Arabs not only imposed their gods, but also their vices.
Every priest (of religion whatsoever, and regardless of the name that have) is an intermediary between man and God.
My best regards
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
SNCOQ3: On the other hand, Satan (with his superiority complex) and his Familiar Spirits

I guess when you talk to spirits, you are referring to the spirits worshiped by Christians, right? The spirit of the dead whom they call "saints." I think that's not grave, nor that it is satanic. The worship of spirits on the part of Christians is nothing Satanic.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
@OP, you're unto something. Control them through their fears of the traditional deities. But your argument's got bite-sized holes:
Your argument assumes that all politicians fear the deities.
Your argument is based on them all being religious.
And finally it doesn't take cognizance of the fact that 90% of Nigerians would rather go to hell than swear by "hell"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evidences That God Exist / What Is Your Best Christian Book? / Reasons Financial Prosperity Doesn't Answer To Prayers Directly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.