Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities (9716 Views)

Poll: Would swearing by our deities/irunmole work for our governance

Yes, It will definitely work: 85% (91 votes)
No, It can never work: 14% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

African Ancient Deities Vs Western God / Who Is The Most Powerful Pastor/prophet In Nigeria Be Host Pls / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by queensmith: 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
makes sense, let them bring machettes and swear to the God of iron. We'll see who will be stealing the nations money then grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by SNCOQ3(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ptolomeus: [b][/b]
I guess when you talk to spirits, you are referring to the spirits worshiped by Christians, right? The spirit of the dead whom they call "saints." I think that's not grave, nor that it is satanic. The worship of spirits on the part of Christians is nothing Satanic.

Trash the generalization. Christians don't worship saints; only a specific denomination pray to this saints to 'talk to God' on their behalf. This is a false doctrine with a pagan origin sneaked into the church a long time ago. The Bible is our only authority and their is no scriptural support for that unfortunate error from Genesis to Rev.

'familiar spirit' are no spirit of dead humans or 'spirits of our ancestors'. They are a class of evil spirits who understand the world and its system all too well because they were here before us.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by HisMajesty1(m): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
@ghostofsparta, thanks 4 correction my earlier spelling of aiyelala 2 ayilala.... I'm nt yoruba!
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by HisMajesty1(m): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
@ghostofsparta, thanks 4 correcting my earlier spelling of aiyelala 2 ayilala.... I'm nt yoruba!
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2012
SNCOQ3:

Trash the generalization. Christians don't worship saints; only a specific denomination pray to this saints to 'talk to God' on their behalf. This is a false doctrine with a pagan origin sneaked into the church a long time ago. The Bible is our only authority and their is no scriptural support for that unfortunate error from Genesis to Rev.

'familiar spirit' are no spirit of dead humans or 'spirits of our ancestors'. They are a class of evil spirits who understand the world and its system all too well because they were here before us.

Oh ... dear friend ...
I do not want to distort the tread, but as you are very anxious to talk about their faith, let me tell you that Jesus was born, lived and died. It is true that he died by hanging on a cross, humiliated, and undignified way for a god. But beyond all that, is a spirit. Christians call it "holy spirit", which confirms that it is a spirit. Christians are spiritists, worship a spirit.
You should not disqualify other, because they worship spirits like you. Nor do you call satanic, those who they do not know Satan.
Satan exists only in Jewish-Christian religions.
Do not demonize others. Embrace your faith, but does not disqualify their peers.
Fanaticism in your religion is not a sin?
Right.
On with the thread that is interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by SNCOQ3(m): 10:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
^^^I don't think you're distorting the thread....But I think you've not read the bible.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
SNCOQ3: ^^^I don't think you're distorting the thread....But I think you've not read the bible.
I do not interested in reading the Bible. If you do, do it properly, and apply what you read.
The end

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by komek(m): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
Yeah, A̶̲̥̅♏ in support of that proposal. The juju in my village is §☺
Ugly that it kills even if U̶̲̥̅̊ did not commit an offence.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
amery: This thread is senseless pls let's think of D̶̲̥̅̊ way forward and stop thinking backward.......let's be realistic and stop childs play....

Amery what's so senseless about the thread? Nigeria buying NSS Thunder warship isn't senseless? Squandering millions of dollars on a satellite that eventually got missing isn't senseless? Paying for electricity bill we don't use isn't senseless? Forcing everyone to wear helmet as if it will protect the head when the tire of a 16-wheeler runs over due to accident cause by the deliberate neglected horrible roads isn't senseless? And so on and so forth.

Whst suggestion do you have for a solution. Are you comfortable with the status quo in this country?

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 11:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
SimonAndal: @OP, you're unto something. Control them through their fears of the traditional deities. But your argument's got bite-sized holes:
Your argument assumes that all politicians fear the deities.
Your argument is based on them all being religious.
And finally it doesn't take cognizance of the fact that 90% of Nigerians would rather go to hell than swear by "hell"

Hey SimonsAndal
I am not up to anything, if you imply I have an ulterior motive like Lord Blackwood - the fake occultist in the movie Sherlock Holmes who used that line: "control them through their fears"..you are incorrect. My argument doesn't not even factor in the human emotion called 'fear' which is simply an emotional response to percieved threat. My argument does not precludes any to be religious or secular, even if an atheist who doesn't subscribe to anything supernatural in essence does something that incurs a well deserved wrath of Eshu or Ayilala or Shango or Ogun......well, at least Atheists are good at rationalising when it happens... And by 'Hell'...I can tell you that a lot of Nigerians don't understand the Judaeo-Christaeo theological concept called 'Hell'. I personally don't believe in the existence of Hell or Heaven just as I won't accept Nirvana or River Ganghes because I am not an Indian and neither is any African a semite. The concept of Hell shares certain similarity with the Greek's Hades which is also found in the Holy Bible...in all ramifications I can't fathom a more hellish experience than the one I am experiencing in Nigeria. 99% of Nigerians would rather shape up and behave if their environment and society is excellent (not perfect) which is possible ONLY when those who will remain to contest for election are those that won't compromise because of Ayilala, Shango, Ogun and Shopona.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 12:46am On Jun 13, 2012
SNCOQ3: ^^^I don't think you're distorting the thread....But I think you've not read the bible.

What is it with the Bible? If you were born in China or Japan you would have no reason knowing the Bible or Sanskrit. But because you were brainwashed just like many in Nigeria to accept the Bible has the final authority.

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 12:48am On Jun 13, 2012

What is it with the Bible? If you were born in China or Japan you would have no reason knowing the Bible or Sanskrit. But because you were brainwashed just like many in Nigeria to accept the Bible has the final authority.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by ghostofsparta(m): 1:40am On Jun 13, 2012
SNCOQ3: The true God, in His eternal wisdom, has reserved a Day of Judgement for all transgressors. According to the Bible, It is even forbidden to take an oath in His name.

So you prefer the transgression of our corrupt and sadistic leaders (whose actions/policies determines the course of our fate) to continue because we should seek solace in the dogma that a day/days have been reserved in the future were they shall be adjudged for their sins..abi? In other words bad leaders and evil people should continue to reign while no one needn't worry about the future of their generation since there's a day of judgment where if found guilty is heading straight to hell..abi? My African brother abeg you too think am na...shey e make sense at all?

Statement such as the 'The true God' is the basis of war and slavery in the imperial days. All it takes me to condemn his 'Chineke' or 'Anubis' as demon or a lesser god or as agents of Satan, is to quote a suitable passage from a book I claimed was revealed to me by my God.

And what date is the Day of Judgment exactly?, I have been hearing about it since I was 6.

2 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by AnotherOkija: 3:33am On Jun 13, 2012
ghostofsparta: If our sinators, legislooters, politicians, governors, ministers, commissioners, etc were made to swear whatever promises and manifestoes they meant before assuming office under the presence of our deities (Amadioha, Shango, Ogun, Shokpona) wouldn't their be 25hours of electricity supply and good roads and other social amenities. The argument of the possibility that the swearer can go back and offer something to the priests in order to revert the effect of the oath made can be easily resolved by televising the whole process on NTA or AIT where the politician/president/governor will be making such an oath with the provisio that in the event of him/her attempting to reverse the sworn oath...may 'so so and so' happen. That condition of the oath and the 'so, so and so' provisio would be an an agreed upon 'curse'. I know many would disagree with this harsh measure because of their glean to foreign religions brought onto them by European colonialists and Arab jihadists. Abrahamic religions that have rendered our society retrogressive ans decadent since 1914.

You are a wise man and only the gods could have given you such an insight...

It is high time we as Africans go back to our roots.. The foreign Gods have proven to be quite powerless towards stopping evil in the land.. It is high time we fashion our democracy such that we make all contestants swear by some of the most powerful deities in the land.. If you are not a believer, then you cant serve us.. The Jewish God and the Persian God have both failed us woefully..

May the gods of our forefathers continue to bestow such brilliant ideas in your head.

6 Likes

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by AnotherOkija: 3:48am On Jun 13, 2012
abhosts: Ngige broke the oath he made to a local god and nothing happened to him. Remember Okija?

What nonsense is this ballsack talking about?!

What do you know about the oath he took at Okija?!

Were you there or do you just like peddling rumors?!

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by arimahoseloka(m): 7:49am On Jun 13, 2012
musKeeto:
Nigeria would be better if the humans/citizens living within begin to look beyond tribalism and religion. When the people develop an intense hatred for mediocrity, when the people decide to be more aware of their role in nation building..

These stupid gods, Allah and Yaweh have certainly not done their work, thieves have sworn on the Bible and Quran, stolen public funds and then built temples/churches/mosques for the same God.. the foolish African gods meanwhile watched as their land was raped by the WHITE man and did nothing about it... I rather choose to believe and trust the power of my mind and hands, than in any gods/Gods...
why dont u allow almighty GOD to do his job? who told you he hasn't done anything... your doubt will be cleared on the last day!!!!!!!
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by 401kk: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2012
Is your idea based on the premise that nigerians fear these deities more than the foreign ones?

Do you (to a spiritual/religious certainty) believe that these deities exist and work (like a supposed supernatural)?

Do you know how to they operate?
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by AnotherOkija: 7:59am On Jun 13, 2012
401kk: Is your idea based on the premise that nigerians fear these deities more than the foreign ones?

Do you (to a spiritual/religious certainty) believe that these deities exist and work (like a supposed supernatural)?

Do you know how to they operate?

Its because the gods of our forefathers were known to be strict with justice..

In our rural villages, crimes are very low because of their presence..

If you doubt their potency, go slap a priest of Okija and see..

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by tchaik(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2012
991: that would be the best, the diety of my village kills exactly 4days from the day you break the oath.

ALUSI OGBU MGWAGWA grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by tchaik(m): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Do you know the name of the deity? Would like to add it to my research.
For my State (Anambra), we ve VERY POTENT ones like OGWUGWU AKPU (Ihiala), Okija grin grin, OYI (Oyi, Dunukofia, Njikoka axis (3 LGs) grin grin,Omaliko (Nnewi and Ide-nmili axis)

PAPA NEVER BORN YOU WELL (AND UR FAMILY JOIN) MAKE YOU TAKE ANY OF THE AFORE-MENTIONED DEITIES SWEAR (WRONGLY OFCOURSE)

I even heard one of them do kill within 4 or 7 days grin grin
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by tchaik(m): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2012
991:

it is called "Arusi-Ogbunizu" unfortunately you cant find it online, unless you wish to visit it to do your research undecided

Translation: The Alusi that "kills in groups"! shocked shocked shocked
Now, who would dare mess with such a dude grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by tchaik(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2012
afam4eva:
You have a point. But even those that are clean won't want to contest for fear of Amadioha and Sango striking them mistakenly.

Clear conscience fears no accusations (abi?)

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by member479760: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
This another stupid post and useless Afro-mentalo. You wan transparency put all government financial activities online with auto balance and update. mind you we don't have any value or strategy to protect in Africa. as of today, in this world Afro has no value, nothing we have contributed to the developing of the earth.

Malaria is killing us, we still hope on them to get us solutions, hunger is killing them in Ethiopia every year only white country give them food,,
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by somegirl1: 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2012
Where were these deities when people who served them were sold, captured and transported in the most horrific conditions to a strange land?
Why didn't they strike the white masters, who castrated, amputated and raped their slaves, dead. I'm certain relatives of the captured would have offered sacrifices and prayed to these gods to be with their loved ones.
Relatives of priests must have been captured as well.
How come no one has seen them "perform" in ways that leave no doubt that it is indeed their work? Not speculation that an illness is from say sango but someone swearing falsely at its temple and being struck down immediately.

Funnily, people who believe/ believed in these deities are the most backward in almost every sense, take Africans, Australian aboriginals and Melasians for example.

Why haven't their "powers" helped Africa become the centre of invention and innovation?

Perhaps fear could cause some leaders to behave but many don't believe in these things.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by jay2smart19(m): 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2012
Na laugh this post they give me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. U can pavert dat one na. Almighty God judgment de wait bt native doctors too currupt pass senators oh!! LolzNa laugh this post they give me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. U can pavert dat one na. Almighty God judgment de wait bt native doctors too currupt pass senators oh!! LolzNa laugh this post they give me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. U can pavert dat one na. Almighty God judgment de wait bt native doctors too currupt pass senators oh!! Lolz
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Princessaleeza: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2012
They can also av there way,bribe d Ifas,Orunmila & odas.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2012
ghostofsparta:
And what date is the Day of Judgment exactly?, I have been hearing about it since I was 6.

I remember when I was 11 and it was my first year in boarding school. It was a private religious school so the usual child abuse indoctrination was the norm. They had filled the kids heads with thoughts of heaven, hell and the rapture, so on this fateful day,a big rig truck was passing by the school and blew its horn. Next thing I knew, all the kids were freaking out and repenting for their sins because they thought it was the last trumpet!!! Poor bastards were so scared, that for the next 3 days, they were all nice to each other and no one would say a bad word. Well, even kids can't be dumb forever because three days later they were back to their old normal 11 year old selves.

That just added to the growing list of my doubts about the whole chrisitan business. Fear is a huge part of it.
Ironically, it was at this same school that I read animal farm for the first time at 11. Didn't realise the criticism of collectivist thought in that book also applied to religion and chritianity until years later.

sugarcandy mountain.............kingdom of god..........suffer on animal farm/earth and your reward is in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2012
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2012
@ topic

it doesn't matter what they swear by and swear to, the culture has a whole has to recognize the rule of law. Without that, they can swear to the Martian or the ghostofsparta, it won't make a difference when it's time to steal.............and they know they'll get away with it.
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by fesse(f): 3:23pm On Jun 13, 2012
afam4eva:
You have a point. But even those that are clean won't want to contest for fear of Amadioha and Sango striking them mistakenly.

The bold don't strike mistakenly. It will open a room for those that are meant to be their to contest elections and aside that, you and me will be very careful in our dealings.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by musty1987(m): 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2012
undecided
Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by Ptolomeus(m): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2012
arimahoseloka: why dont u allow almighty GOD to do his job? who told you he hasn't done anything... your doubt will be cleared on the last day!!!!!!!
You are right.
Their god almighty has done a lot!
That God has encouraged slavery and forced exodus of millions of Africans. That God and his church, claimed that blacks had no souls. That God sent to hunt Africans like animals. That God came with the settlers, enjoyed watching the rape of women, the warehouses full of ... slave ships were forced to change their moral standards for immorality ... and even today, that God enjoys knowing that Africa is the world's poorest continent, Africa is the continent where more children die of hunger, a country that has petroleum but has no electricity ...
It is true what you say ... that God has done much ...
I would prefer (for the sake of Africa and its children) to do nothing more!
My respects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Financial Prosperity Doesn't Answer To Prayers Directly / How You Can Avoid Defiling Yourself On Valentine's Day / The Faith Of Usain Bolt In 5 Tweets

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.